Page 126 of 223 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176 ... LastLast
Results 3,126 to 3,150 of 5553

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

Quote Originally Posted by tsumigi-chan View Post
    i meant more of a rpg like final fantasy, not pokemon.

although there's technically a difference, there's one in my head.
    n.n
    Fire Emblem is not really any RPG, especially not when compared to Final Fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysaries View Post
    Will be picking up Awakening when it launches in Europe. In the demo I made the mistake of having the main character (Robin) as strong strength wise and weak in magic -.-
    That's not really a mistake at all.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysaries View Post
    Will be picking up Awakening when it launches in Europe. In the demo I made the mistake of having the main character (Robin) as strong strength wise and weak in magic -.-
    As Hydrohs mentioned, that's not a mistake, because that makes your avatar more specialized. Given that the Avatar has access to every class (barring ones exclusive to the other gender), you can actually make a +Str/-Mag Avatar into a pretty potent physical class with good balance. It certainly isn't going to doom you, and you can make good use of it.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Fire Emblem is not really any RPG, especially not when compared to Final Fantasy.

That's not really a mistake at all.
    goes to show how much i know about anything.

with the spotpass characters, what happens if i select one/some?

Quote Originally Posted by tsumigi-chan View Post
    goes to show how much i know about anything.

with the spotpass characters, what happens if i select one/some?
    They appear on your map and you can recruit them (either by beating them in battle or by buying them) or buy items for them. You can summon them as many times as you want.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Anybody know of a SpotPass unit that sells Shocksticks? I want one for MyUnit, as she is a Dark Flier and loved Levin Swords.
    I have claimed Joltik. Deal with it.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5412 9894 6875
    XL Friend Code: 0189-9263-9995
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.
    You're getting streetpasses at a farmer's market. That's proof enough.
    Dream Address: 5100-2145-7596

Anybody know of a SpotPass unit that sells Shocksticks? I want one for MyUnit, as she is a Dark Flier and loved Levin Swords.
    I don't think any team carries a shockstick.
    Sorry about that

You mean it's for your Falcon Knight? Where to find? You're going to have to buy from Anna when she has one in stock. I don't know the exact location though.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Serenesforest's listings say that Anna never sells Shocksticks. I think you can only grab them out of shiny spots.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Serenesforest's listings say that Anna never sells Shocksticks. I think you can only grab them out of shiny spots.
    Shocksticks are pretty crap anyway.

Okay then, good luck finding one, Icay.

Not really, it's all opportunity. Falcon Knights have a decent amount of Magic due to their ability to use staves making a Shockstick a nice weapon to have on hand incase you encounter a foe with high defence (such as those with the General class).

If she's a Dark Flier, why not just,

I dunno,

use actual Tomes on her?

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Not really, it's all opportunity. Falcon Knights have a decent amount of Magic due to their ability to use staves making a Shockstick a nice weapon to have on hand incase you encounter a foe with high defence (such as those with the General class).
    Pretty much, though still I'm confused why they don't attack from range, they're the only magic-oriented weapon that does that.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post

I dunno,

use actual Tomes on her?
    Yeah, I would only use a Shockstick if they are only capable of direct attacks via lances and have a usable amount of Magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    Pretty much, though still I'm confused why they don't attack from range, they're the only magic-oriented weapon that does that.
    Don't know, maybe it's due to the many javelins that are available?
    Last edited by ParaChomp; 4th April 2013 at 7:37 AM. Reason: terms confused

Because a Shockstick would pretty much make Dark Fliers obsolete. Similar to Bolt Axes making Sages kind of eh, since War Clerics/Monks are much more versatile.

Because a Shockstick would pretty much make Dark Fliers obsolete. Similar to Bolt Axes making Sages kind of eh, since War Clerics/Monks are much more versatile.
    How so? Dark Fliers would still have Galeforce and weapon variety so ultimately nerfing the shockstick just screws over Falcoknights, also there are weapons like Celica's Gale, Valflame, Forseti and the like that are much more useable then Bolt axes so Sages still have an edge despite not having a physical weapon type.

Currently on Chapter 17 Lunatic, so far no one has died but I didn't recruit Donnel because I'd have to sacrifice that nice Rescue staff to save Ricken. I REGRET NOTHING!

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

How so? Dark Fliers would still have Galeforce and weapon variety so ultimately nerfing the shockstick just screws over Falcoknights
    Except you can have a Galeforcing Falcoknight as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Yeah, I would only use a Shockstick if they are only capable of direct attacks via lances and have a usable amount of Magic.

Don't know, maybe it's due to the many javelins that are available?
    That begs the question of why the Bolt Axe gets 1-2 range as they already have access to Hand Axes, Short Axes and Tomahawks.

I guess you could argue that War Monks/Clerics generally have higher Mag but they have to use Axes, while Lance users all have a decent enough attack that they can just use javelins. The only exceptions are Dark Fliers, who have Tomes and judging by their growths they'll end up pretty balanced anyway. I don't really see a niche for the Shockstick other than just being a Lance counterpart for the Levin Sword and Bolt Axe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Wow. Celica's new artwork seems to blow everyone else's out of the water to a certain extent. Really nice looking, I must say.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede
    Originally posted by razorrozar7
    Jesus said, "Love thy neighbor." He didn't say, "Love thy neighbor as long as they are straight, white, Christian, morally responsible individuals."
    Officially claimed Aht from Radiant Historia.

Grammar: It's the difference between knowing your sh*t, and knowing you're sh*t.

Darn it
    They're not that bad, plus, they'd be more usable than Steel Lances on MyUnit, and, I think the magical weapons seem like a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post

I dunno,

use actual Tomes on her?
    More effective than Steel Lances and raise proficiency in the lance class. And, as stated, I like them.
    Sage's generally higher Mag cap is still really appealing to me, though. Plus, Bolt Axes aren't necessarily the easiest things to come by, either.
    I have claimed Joltik. Deal with it.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5412 9894 6875
    XL Friend Code: 0189-9263-9995
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.
    You're getting streetpasses at a farmer's market. That's proof enough.
    Dream Address: 5100-2145-7596

so I picked FE Awaking up today. I'm not to much into medevil timeline stuff but the demo was fun and I heard amazing stuff about it so I took the plunge

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    so I picked FE Awaking up today. I'm not to much into medevil timeline stuff but the demo was fun and I heard amazing stuff about it so I took the plunge
    So you're not really into swords and sorcery, and yet you bought FE. I'm looking forward to seeing what you think of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    So you're not really into swords and sorcery, and yet you bought FE. I'm looking forward to seeing what you think of this.
    I was shocked by the demo since it actually interested me. I don't know I think the reason I am not fond of those things is I never found the characters interesting like Dragon Age or LotR. But I will play this and I feel it might change my mind. I had the same view on space and loved Mass Effect so it is worth a try.

How so? Dark Fliers would still have Galeforce and weapon variety so ultimately nerfing the shockstick just screws over Falcoknights, also there are weapons like Celica's Gale, Valflame, Forseti and the like that are much more useable then Bolt axes so Sages still have an edge despite not having a physical weapon type.

Currently on Chapter 17 Lunatic, so far no one has died but I didn't recruit Donnel because I'd have to sacrifice that nice Rescue staff to save Ricken. I REGRET NOTHING!
    When you beat the game have fun on Lunatic+.
    Also pray that enemies in early chapters don't have both
    Hawkeye or Luna+. Cause that's a death sentence
    even for Frederick.

Sage's generally higher Mag cap is still really appealing to me, though. Plus, Bolt Axes aren't necessarily the easiest things to come by, either.
    L'Arachel uses one in her Spotpass team, and you can actually buy it from there.

Quote Originally Posted by KikoKo View Post
    When you beat the game have fun on Lunatic+.
    Also pray that enemies in early chapters don't have both
    Hawkeye or Luna+. Cause that's a death sentence
    even for Frederick.
    Despite having beaten Lunatic about a month ago, I still haven't touched Lunatic+. That's mainly because I got the urge to play PoR and RD, and I've decided to do so on Hard for both. I'm sure even RD Hard mode will be easier than Lunatic+, though I'll be able to judge once if I beat both.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

It's kinda annoying infinite regalia drops bolt axes.

I can buy those ASDFGasdfghjkl;

Page 126 of 223 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176 ... LastLast