Page 131 of 223 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,275 of 5554

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I find it exceedingly odd that Gaius' support with Cynthia would not include at least one reference to sugar
    That's because Cynthia is the metaphorical sugar given human form in his eyes.

Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post

Maybe.
    Not really.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post

Maybe.
    Okay, this isn't an English class...

<IkidIkidButSeriously>

Is Exponential Growth the best DLC map to get if I only have enough money for one?

~

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeAce View Post
    Is Exponential Growth the best DLC map to get if I only have enough money for one?
    If you're looking for a way to get your units up to par, definitely. You're probably are not going to want the skills yet since they're more for a future map and the extra characters offered aren't needed whereas exp. is always useful.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeAce View Post
    I guess if you want quick levels, but after awhile you may get little xp from the killings. (If you reclass a lot I believe)
    Personally I would get Golden Gaffe so I would be able to buy weapons and other items easier.
    edit: Then for levels I'd just Spotpass abuse. Not the same, but hey. Still exp and money

Golden Gaffe is definitely the best DLC map if you can only get one... well, aside from maybe the one where you get Paragon (which I cannot remember off the top of my head). EXPonential Growth has never been a favorite of mine, since 1) The higher level Entombed carry Counter like trolls, and 2) Without Galeforce there's no way to kill every single Entombed anyway.

Golden Gaffe on the other hand, is pretty easy to kill all of the Risen, and you'll never have to worry about gold again after you get the map. Want to forge every weapon? No problem! You can with the Golden Gaffe in your arsenal.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Golden Gaffe is definitely the best DLC map if you can only get one... well, aside from maybe the one where you get Paragon (which I cannot remember off the top of my head). EXPonential Growth has never been a favorite of mine, since 1) The higher level Entombed carry Counter like trolls, and 2) Without Galeforce there's no way to kill every single Entombed anyway.

Golden Gaffe on the other hand, is pretty easy to kill all of the Risen, and you'll never have to worry about gold again after you get the map. Want to forge every weapon? No problem! You can with the Golden Gaffe in your arsenal.
    Plus! You have a wide range of enemies to choose from no matter how strong/weak you are. Low level thieves/dark mages/barbarians and various promoted Tricksters/Sorcerers/Berserkers. A lot of them don't have distance options so that's nice.

When I had to make a choice between EXPonential Growth, Golden Gaffe, and Infinite Regalia, I chose Infinite Regalia. I can get Paragon from Lost Bloodlines 3, so EXPonential Growth isn't quite so necessary for EXP. Even early-game, there are other options for grinding, even on Lunatic. Maybe I'm just patient when it comes to grinding, though, so EXPonential Growth seems less useful to me. As for money, Silver Card for Infinite Regalia reduces the need to spend so much money, and with Armshift, weapon uses won't be going down very often anyway. When it comes to forging, though, Golden Gaffe may be useful, but I've yet to forge even one weapon in Awakening, besides one Nosferatu tome. Maybe it's just having access to infinite powerful weapons or the access to other DLC, but I've yet to regret not getting Golden Gaffe or EXPonential Growth.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

I guess it all depends on what you seek. For me, if I could get money for DLC I'd get the pack. Getting infinite gold, exp, and weapons is amazing. ... Nintendo stop bribing me! GAH!

I haven't had to forge either though that's definitely going to change come FoD and TSON so I haven't had the need for the money either. Exp. Growth I found to be more useful since on Lunatic grinding on Spotpass and skirmishes is harder then normal and (correct me if I'm wrong) the exp. gains aren't as great so that particular map is a godsend. Admittedly though, if you're ever starving for money and Exp. is secondary (but still wanted) then go Golden Gaffe but as recommended above if you can, get the whole pack since all three are useful.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 8th April 2013 at 3:16 AM.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    When I had to make a choice between EXPonential Growth, Golden Gaffe, and Infinite Regalia, I chose Infinite Regalia. I can get Paragon from Lost Bloodlines 3, so EXPonential Growth isn't quite so necessary for EXP. Even early-game, there are other options for grinding, even on Lunatic. Maybe I'm just patient when it comes to grinding, though, so EXPonential Growth seems less useful to me. As for money, Silver Card for Infinite Regalia reduces the need to spend so much money, and with Armshift, weapon uses won't be going down very often anyway. When it comes to forging, though, Golden Gaffe may be useful, but I've yet to forge even one weapon in Awakening, besides one Nosferatu tome. Maybe it's just having access to infinite powerful weapons or the access to other DLC, but I've yet to regret not getting Golden Gaffe or EXPonential Growth.
    My only problem, though, is that you're not going to be able to do Infinite Regalia until very late in the game, or you'll get slaughtered. Golden Gaffe, on the other hand, can be done early, mid, or late in your playthrough.

That said, once you do get to the point where you can comfortably handle IR, then yeah, it's definitely a bread-winner of a map between the Silver Card and fixing you up with some insanely strong weapons.

Though if you're not utilizing forging, then yeah, Golden Gaffe may not seem that great. But I started forging just about everything, and that chews through your money in a hurry. It makes Spotpass teams downright evil though (yes I like to troll people), and can make it so units who're trying to level up their E or D rank weapon levels more viable in battle since they can hit harder. And of course, Dark Magic needs the fixing too.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

My only problem, though, is that you're not going to be able to do Infinite Regalia until very late in the game, or you'll get slaughtered. Golden Gaffe, on the other hand, can be done early, mid, or late in your playthrough.

That said, once you do get to the point where you can comfortably handle IR, then yeah, it's definitely a bread-winner of a map between the Silver Card and fixing you up with some insanely strong weapons.

Though if you're not utilizing forging, then yeah, Golden Gaffe may not seem that great. But I started forging just about everything, and that chews through your money in a hurry. It makes Spotpass teams downright evil though (yes I like to troll people), and can make it so units who're trying to level up their E or D rank weapon levels more viable in battle since they can hit harder. And of course, Dark Magic needs the fixing too.
    Yeah, I thought that if I'm playing on Lunatic, then I'm going to just deal with not being able to level grind, and money is never an issue for me since I'd don't forge weapons. I personally like to troll people on Streepass too, but I'm just relying on skill sets for that one. Once I get a Double Bow, I'm definitely going for something like Counter, Sol, Vengeance, Pass and Renewal on a Sniper. That one would take a Spotpass/DLC character, though, since my Avatar is already set with something else. Limit Breaker will make things more fun, though.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

If someone has Lethality you could also have 80hp, miracle, and counter. If all works out fine then they would totally rage.

edit: Also HP+5 skill for a total of 85. Which should kill them off.
    Last edited by KikoKo; 8th April 2013 at 3:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KikoKo View Post
    If someone has Lethality you could also have 80hp, miracle, and counter. If all works out fine then they would totally rage.

edit: Also HP+5 skill for a total of 85. Which should kill them off.
    To boot, there's that tonic that increases your maximum health for the next battle capping the maximum possible health to 90!

Whoever's having trouble on deciding which DLC map to purchase, definitely go with the Golden Gaffe! That money will be oh so useful and though not as flourishing as EXPonential Growth, you'll still rack up a handy amount of experience.

After which chapter should I attempt Infinite Regalia on my Intense play-through?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    To boot, there's that tonic that increases your maximum health for the next battle capping the maximum possible health to 90!

Whoever's having trouble on deciding which DLC map to purchase, definitely go with the Golden Gaffe! That money will be oh so useful and though not as flourishing as EXPonential Growth, you'll still rack up a handy amount of experience.

After which chapter should I attempt Infinite Regalia on my Intense play-through?
    Probably Endgame. They're all incredibly strong units.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Well, they're all level 20 promoted classes, with actual good skills regardless of difficulty (Counter, Aegis, Pavise, etc. even on normal), and of course, they're all packing legendary weapons, so expect any and all blows that they land to hurt.

Definitely right before Endgame is the safest bet. Of course, it doesn't hurt to "test the waters" to see if you can handle them.

Or, if you did what I did and grinded with EXPontential Growth, go whenever.

Meh, I'll see what happens. Just finished chapter 11 on Lunatic with no deaths so far and my pairings are coming along nicely.

Spoiler:- the list:
    DLC news!

Speaking of DLC, people were questioning Lyn's design on her card. I'm curious, studio Madhouse were the ones behind the portrait artworks, the card's art-style reminds me a lot of the movie Redline (a film animated by Madhouse). Anyone know if the two are connected in someway?
    Last edited by ParaChomp; 8th April 2013 at 10:19 PM. Reason: We like Ike!
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I've got to get caught up with the past couple DLCs. Ike has always been one of my favourite characters.

I passed Chapter 11, but even if all my troops were on par on lvl. 20, everyone but Miriel + Lon'qu, Cordelia + Anna, and Chrom died. Chrom was already promoted and he was a complete beast that killed seven enemies in a row. Also, Miriel was practically a dancing fire mage against all the other mages.

Well, they're all level 20 promoted classes, with actual good skills regardless of difficulty (Counter, Aegis, Pavise, etc. even on normal), and of course, they're all packing legendary weapons, so expect any and all blows that they land to hurt.

Definitely right before Endgame is the safest bet. Of course, it doesn't hurt to "test the waters" to see if you can handle them.
    According to Serenes, Golden Gaffe, EXPonential Growth, and Infinite Regalia enemies don't vary with difficulty. So being on Lunatic should change nothing about the enemies. It would explain why it's so easy to kill the thieves before they can get anywhere, even on Hard, but I've not tried it on Lunatic. Regardless, a team set up for the Endgame is probably your best bet, with the fastest enemies having 38 speed.

Meh, I'll see what happens. Just finished chapter 11 on Lunatic with no deaths so far and my pairings are coming along nicely.

Spoiler:- the list:
    DLC news!

Speaking of DLC, people were questioning Lyn's design on her card. I'm curious, studio Madhouse were the ones behind the portrait artworks, the card's art-style reminds me a lot of the movie Redline (a film animated by Madhouse). Anyone know if the two are connected in someway?
    Well...call it a hunch....but maybe they're connected by the specific artist

Spoiler:- My Fourth Gameplay Parings. Yeah I need a life. I know. Anna sells them for too much bullion though...:

I'm hoping to get my Awakening soundtrack today, bought the Shadow Dragon one while I was at it as well.

Page 131 of 223 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181 ... LastLast