Page 102 of 224 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 5585

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    What glitch?
    - Buy/hoard crapton of statboosters, gold
    - Use on legacy character
    - Add legacy character to Avatar Logbook
    - Save game to separate save slot
    - Load older save, retrieve character
    - Repeat until badass

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Gaius is much better as an Assassin
    I actually reclassed him to Myrmidon, have him as a Swordmaster now for Astra and Swordfaire, and then I'll shift him over to Assassin once he hits 15 probably. He gets Avoid +10 and Vantage as Myrmidon, slightly better growths, and slightly better caps than as a Thief.

...Did anyone else reclass Anna to the Mage line in an attempt to make her useful?
    Last edited by Excitable Boy; 6th March 2013 at 10:02 PM.

I'm glad I didn't go out of my way to get Galeforce on every child but Cynthia
    It's just...unfair. To the game, I mean. Poor thing doesn't stand a chance
    Psh, it's so awesome though.
    Quote Originally Posted by fireemblemfan4ever View Post
    Okay. The saner difficulties~

And I think the "glitch" someonewhodied was talking about was something like this:

1. You get legacy character.
    2. You use the boots on him/her.
    3. You save the character in the logbook.
    4. You save the game. Over an empty file, I think.
    5. You reload the old file. You do the same think with other legacy characters... or you avatar.
    6. Wash rinse and whatnot.
    7. Now you have a logbook full of units with extra move!
    8. And you can recruit them... and have extra move... and... I don't really see why you need to go through all that work for an extra two move, but, meh.
    Hey, it could make the difference. Never know what the situation might demand, better to have the option than not.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    I actually reclassed him to Myrmidon, have him as a Swordmaster now for Astra and Swordfaire, and then I'll shift him over to Assassin once he hits 15 probably. He gets Avoid +10 and Vantage as Myrmidon, slightly better growths, and slightly better caps than as a Thief.

...Did anyone else reclass Anna to the Mage line in an attempt to make her useful?
    I didn't bother with Astra or Swordfaire. I went Warrior to grab him Counter. I mostly use him as a Bow user anyway, I've got tons of better Sword users.

As for Anna, I haven't touched any of the prepromotes, even with Second Seals I just don't feel the need to bother with them.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

well I have the golden gaffe dlc so It doesn't cost me that much. All of my legacy characters have max stats and +2 move on my main file.
    3DS FC: 0044-2817-7751

I used the pre-promotes to get their support ranks up.
    Anna was worth it, she was even got a few nice level ups. Her supports are great.

Say'ri wasn't. At all. (GUYS DID YOU KNOW THAT CHON'SIN IS LIKE JAPAN. HERE LET ME SPEND THREE CONVERSATIONS TALKING ABOUT IT)

I used the pre-promotes to get their support ranks up.
    Anna was worth it, she was even got a few nice level ups. Her supports are great.

Say'ri wasn't. At all. (GUS DID YOU KNOW THAT CHON'SIN IS LIKE JAPAN. HERE LET ME SPEND THREE CONVERSATIONS TALKING ABOUT IT)
    I gotta agree, Say'ri was sort of... bland. I don't outright dislike her or anything, but they could have done so much more with her.

And maybe you just got lucky with the level ups, because Anna got some pretty unspectacular level ups for me... guess Fire Emblem's RNG decided my Anna would forever be useless.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Eff the RNG. I buy stat boosters from friends streetpasses.
    3DS FC: 0044-2817-7751

Quote Originally Posted by someonewhodied View Post
    Eff the RNG. I buy stat boosters from friends streetpasses.
    Lucky you've got friends you can Streetpass.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Lucky you've got friends you can Streetpass.
    This. Small town syndrome hinders this.

Though with second seals, an ungenerous RNG isn't quite so damning as it was in previous games. Most of my best units have their stats capped, it's only the units I don't use often (i.e., pre-promoted units) who feel the sting of the RNG. And the only reason I use them in the first place is to see their supports.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    This. Small town syndrome hinders this.

Though with second seals, an ungenerous RNG isn't quite so damning as it was in previous games. Most of my best units have their stats capped, it's only the units I don't use often (i.e., pre-promoted units) who feel the sting of the RNG. And the only reason I use them in the first place is to see their supports.
    The problem there is the time it takes to keep levelling them over and over.

Say'ri wasn't. At all. (GUYS DID YOU KNOW THAT CHON'SIN IS LIKE JAPAN. HERE LET ME SPEND THREE CONVERSATIONS TALKING ABOUT IT)
    So, her supports don't add character to her? That's disappointing enough to outdo the Dawn Brigade in terms of lack of personality. Not that I outright dislike either Say'ri or the Dawn Brigade. Just wasted potential.

There are the shops that can occasionally sell stat boosters, and I know that DLC villages can give them out too, or a Rift Door which you can use to summon a merchant to a late-game chapter location to get said items. Definitely not the quickest or most efficient way to do it, but it's an option.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Trying to breed for IVs the old fashioned way before discovering RNGing (in Pokemon games) caused me to become very, very patient. The time spent leveling units in Awakening to boost their stats is not a large hindrance, and with stat boosters from merchants that pop up helping out, it's not a problem at all.

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    So, her supports don't add character to her? That's disappointing enough to outdo the Dawn Brigade in terms of lack of personality. Not that I outright dislike either Say'ri or the Dawn Brigade. Just wasted potential.
    It really doesn't add much to her. The Avatar support is just them talking about Not-Japan's armor, food, and painting. The most you learn about her is that she's open to other cultures and is a good painter.
    Her support with Tiki is okay so far, but mostly because she acts as the straight man to Tiki's reserved-eccentric personality.

She really could have used more supports, honestly. Lon'qu would have been perfect, for instance..

She really could have used more supports, honestly. Lon'qu would have been perfect, for instance..
    I never understood the logic of having certain characters get so few supports compared to the other. This includes Spotpass characters, too.

Spoiler:- Spotpass characters:

It really doesn't add much to her. The Avatar support is just them talking about Not-Japan's armor, food, and painting. The most you learn about her is that she's open to other cultures and is a good painter.
    Her support with Tiki is okay so far, but mostly because she acts as the straight man to Tiki's reserved-eccentric personality.

While the supports with the Avatar sound disappointing, I admit I forgot she has supports with Tiki. Still, that's definitely lacking, and someone like Lon'qu would have worked well, I think. To be honest, though, most of the Spotpass paralogue characters don't have things much better in terms of support options. At least they have more personality, but the lack of supports doesn't make a lot of sense.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

I never understood the logic of having certain characters get so few supports compared to the other. This includes Spotpass characters, too.

Spoiler:- :

Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

The fact Tiki has as many supports as she does surprises me.

I'm surprised that Say'ri and Lon'qu don't have a support as well. It would make so much sense.

Spoiler:- Post Chapter 14:

Spoiler:- Endgame:
    Last edited by Icay4321; 7th March 2013 at 1:52 AM.
    I have claimed Joltik. Deal with it.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5412 9894 6875
    XL Friend Code: 0189-9263-9995
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.
    You're getting streetpasses at a farmer's market. That's proof enough.
    Dream Address: 5100-2145-7596

Spoiler:- Post Chapter 14:

Spoiler:- Endgame:
        Spoiler:- Priam:

I think you guys are overthinking the Spotpass characters. They're just there to be there, there's no need to explain it. They're not recruitable as part of the story, they're recruitable because they're interesting characters.

I think you guys are overthinking the Spotpass characters. They're just there to be there, there's no need to explain it. They're not recruitable as part of the story, they're recruitable because they're interesting characters.
    Perhaps, but I think it's mostly because of the fact you get them through actual Paralogues, where Chrom actually seems genuinely surprised by said character's presence. It's not like with getting enemy characters in Sacred Stones where they're just sort of dropped into your party. Their paralogues feel like they wanted them to have a purpose, but it wasn't quite fleshed out.

At least that's how it feels to me, especially since they appear in the "ending" when all characters are sounding off, unlike the characters from past games who're just "there" as extras.

I haven't played any of the Paralogues yet myself, so they very well could have half-assed them. Once I've gone through myself I may see where you're all coming from.

They constantly allude to something, maybe they're building up to a big finish?
    I have claimed Joltik. Deal with it.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5412 9894 6875
    XL Friend Code: 0189-9263-9995
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.
    You're getting streetpasses at a farmer's market. That's proof enough.
    Dream Address: 5100-2145-7596

They constantly allude to something, maybe they're building up to a big finish?
    There are still a couple more they've yet to release, could make sense in the end.

Page 102 of 224 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast