Page 106 of 223 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 5554

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    Once you recruit a kid, is it too late to pass down any more skills?

I want to reclass Sumia into a Dark Flier and give Lucina Galeforce, but I'm already well past Chapter 13.
    Yep, it's too late. Skill inheritance is determined as soon as you start the Paralogue you recruit the child in, or in Lucina's case, as soon as you recruit her (following Chapter 13).

HOWEVER!

Kids also inherit classes from their parent; each child has a certain set of base classes that they can change to via Second Seal. Depending on who their parents are, though, will add classes to their repertoire. And as it so happens, having Sumia as her mother unlocks the Pegasus Knight class for Lucina, meaning she can get Galeforce for herself.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Wow. With a Dragonstone+, my Nah has 64 defense. Why did I even bother getting her Pavise?
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede
    Originally posted by razorrozar7
    Jesus said, "Love thy neighbor." He didn't say, "Love thy neighbor as long as they are straight, white, Christian, morally responsible individuals."
    Officially claimed Aht from Radiant Historia.

Grammar: It's the difference between knowing your sh*t, and knowing you're sh*t.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Yep, it's too late. Skill inheritance is determined as soon as you start the Paralogue you recruit the child in, or in Lucina's case, as soon as you recruit her (following Chapter 13).

HOWEVER!

Kids also inherit classes from their parent; each child has a certain set of base classes that they can change to via Second Seal. Depending on who their parents are, though, will add classes to their repertoire. And as it so happens, having Sumia as her mother unlocks the Pegasus Knight class for Lucina, meaning she can get Galeforce for herself.
    She's already a Great Lord. I might just reclass her to Dark Flier then reclass her back, but I don't want to max out her stats too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    She's already a Great Lord. I might just reclass her to Dark Flier then reclass her back, but I don't want to max out her stats too soon.
    This is what I ended up having to do for Morgan in my first play. Kinda tedious, but well worth it. Now I'm in the process of training her as a Sage to get Tomefaire, then I'll leave her at Sorcerer because Dark Magic is amazing. I'm considering finalizing a Streetpass team, and also want to temporarily reclass Cordelia to Bow Knight and Sorcerer so she can get Bowbreaker and Tomebreaker, respectively to deal with Wind Magic and Bows when I reclass to Falcon Knight, all while not needing Iote's Shield yet. Sounds fun, but time-consuming. Almost as fun as having a Sniper with Counter, which I really need to try.
    Last edited by Psynergy; 11th March 2013 at 12:40 AM.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Ughhh, I ordered FE:A a week ago from Amazon with 2-day shipping and it's not coming until the 28th...

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler 99 View Post
    Ughhh, I ordered FE:A a week ago from Amazon with 2-day shipping and it's not coming until the 28th...
    ...how the hey does that work?

I remember when I was passing by GameStop each day after the release date, and the lady just told me that they were only releasing copies for those who had pre-ordered the game for a while. Then, I asked Walmart, who said they had a full stock on it ironically.

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Trainer X View Post
    ...how the hey does that work?

I remember when I was passing by GameStop each day after the release date, and the lady just told me that they were only releasing copies for those who had pre-ordered the game for a while. Then, I asked Walmart, who said they had a full stock on it ironically.
    Well, it had been sold out everywhere I'd looked for a while so when it was finally available on Amazon I ordered it. My friend did too, but he went to Gamestop yesterday and they had it so he bought it and cancelled his order. I could do that too but I'm not gonna have time to play it for a while anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler 99 View Post
    Well, it had been sold out everywhere I'd looked for a while so when it was finally available on Amazon I ordered it. My friend did too, but he went to Gamestop yesterday and they had it so he bought it and cancelled his order. I could do that too but I'm not gonna have time to play it for a while anyway.
    Lol, it's just too popular xD

Does anyone know if it's a good idea to put Donnel (Hero) with Cordelia (Falcon Knight) in an S Rank Support?

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    This is what I ended up having to do for Morgan in my first play. Kinda tedious, but well worth it. Now I'm in the process of training her as a Sage to get Tomefaire, then I'll leave her at Sorcerer because Dark Magic is amazing. I'm considering finalizing a Streetpass team, and also want to temporarily reclass Cordelia to Bow Knight and Sorcerer so she can get Bowbreaker and Tomebreaker, respectively to deal with Wind Magic and Bows when I reclass to Falcon Knight, all while not needing Iote's Shield yet. Sounds fun, but time-consuming. Almost as fun as having a Sniper with Counter, which I really need to try.
    I've discovered something about the *faire skills. They don't seem to be able to raise the stat above its cap.

Does anyone know if it's a good idea to put Donnel (Hero) with Cordelia (Falcon Knight) in an S Rank Support?
    Put Donnel with Lissa. With Donnel as the father Owain is even better than he already is.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Meh. The popular thing to do is Donnel and Lissa, so that Owain (their child) can get a Luck cap of 51 to utilize permanent Armsthrift.

That said, it's only if you're interested in mechanical advantages. Most people will pair up whoever they want in their first playthrough, but then focus on the more technical aspects in subsequent runs and higher difficulties.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

You can also use All Stats + 2 to help with permanent Armsthrift. I did that so Donnel would have 50 Luck and be able to do it.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I've discovered something about the *faire skills. They don't seem to be able to raise the stat above its cap.
    Interesting...

Put Donnel with Lissa. With Donnel as the father Owain is even better than he already is.
    I paired up Donnel and Olivia. I made Donnel a Mercenary who used a Master Seal to become a Bow Knight and Olivia a Myrmidon who used a Master Seal to become an Assassin. Inigo is devastatingly powerful as a Hero with Armshift, Pass, and Sol with a massive Skill stat. Why is this game starting to sound like Pokemon? Also, why does it lack a wireless and online battle mode?

You can also use All Stats + 2 to help with permanent Armsthrift. I did that so Donnel would have 50 Luck and be able to do it.
    Hmm...are there other ways to get that book bar that one time?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    I paired up Donnel and Olivia. I made Donnel a Mercenary who used a Master Seal to become a Bow Knight and Olivia a Myrmidon who used a Master Seal to become an Assassin. Inigo is devastatingly powerful as a Hero with Armshift, Pass, and Sol with a massive Skill stat. Why is this game starting to sound like Pokemon? Also, why does it lack a wireless and online battle mode?
    Probably my only gripe about the game is the lack of online battling. I mean, it has the capabilities, there's no doubt about that. I just wish that it could take advantage of them. But Nintendo seems to always be a bit... slow to realize this. Same thing happened with Nintendo Land for the Wii U. Making that online should've been a no-brainer, yet it still lacked online multiplayer.

Hmm...are there other ways to get that book bar that one time?
    I've been led to believe you get the book every time you do the DLC Chapter, but I haven't actually tried it myself. Just going based on hearsay.

Probably my only gripe about the game is the lack of online battling. I mean, it has the capabilities, there's no doubt about that. I just wish that it could take advantage of them. But Nintendo seems to always be a bit... slow to realize this. Same thing happened with Nintendo Land for the Wii U. Making that online should've been a no-brainer, yet it still lacked online multiplayer.

I've been led to believe you get the book every time you do the DLC Chapter, but I haven't actually tried it myself. Just going based on hearsay.
    I have like 6 of those books
    If you only got one item per play you'd never be able to get multiple Dread Fighters.

This proves otherwise
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Really? Is that for all skills?

I'd disagree, I'd like local Multiplayer, so I can see my friend's reactions, but I feel like if they added an online it'd cheapen the whole game, like it was just slapped on last minute. Plus, match-ups and people dropping matches would be infuriating. Same goes double for NintendoLand, a game meant to be played in the living room.
    Last edited by Icay4321; 11th March 2013 at 3:22 AM.
    I have claimed Joltik. Deal with it.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5412 9894 6875
    XL Friend Code: 0189-9263-9995
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.
    You're getting streetpasses at a farmer's market. That's proof enough.
    Dream Address: 5100-2145-7596

The *Faire thing is actually false. They don't affect your stats directly; it affects the +X number that appears beside the base stat in a battle, the same way pair up stats show.

Awakening is my first fire emblem and I'm really liking the game, I'm doing a second playthrough now. The support conversations are really funny.
    Btw which are your favourites conversations guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Y View Post
    Awakening is my first fire emblem and I'm really liking the game, I'm doing a second playthrough now. The support conversations are really funny.
    Pretty much any Maribelle support is fantastic in my experience.

I like Tharja's, mostly because they're strangely deep.

Nowi's are adorable.

Gregor always happens to amuse me.

Henry is just... crazy. His conversations are just so random but hilarious all the same.

And as R_N said, Maribelle's are pretty amusing as well. In fact, Maribelle and Henry have some hilariously adorkable ones together...

Hope the Shin Megami Tensei crossover fixes that. I wonder how that's going to be. I still need to pick up a game from that series but I'm really not in the mood and I've got to save my cash. Plus an anime con is coming up in the next two months, I want to cosplay and come home with two 1/60 scale Gundam models (this time I won't glue the joints together unlike my Perfect Grade 00 Raiser which cost me over $500 and couldn't even stand on its own two feet due even without its arms). Okay, I'm getting off track.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I have like 6 of those books
    If you only got one item per play you'd never be able to get multiple Dread Fighters.
    Which map is it again?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    The *Faire thing is actually false. They don't affect your stats directly; it affects the +X number that appears beside the base stat in a battle, the same way pair up stats show.
    Yeah, and in my experience it doesn't make any difference once you've capped your stat, those extra five points do nothing.

Henry/Olivia is really fun too. The C and B rank conversations of Chrom/Frederick are also funny. I don't really lile Miriel, she's the only person that I don't like in the game.
    Say'ri needs more support, she can only talk to Robin and other girl (forgot her name).

I was just starting Lunatic mode, and I accidently wrote over my hard mode save file. I didn't even complete that one...oh well.

Um, all I have to say is that this is for lunatics. It's crazy hard...but thankfully, I can be a little bit of a lunatic at times, so I'm playing it anyway. But I just can't imagine it on classic mode...wow.

Any conversation involving Henry is hilarious, sometimes out of his sheer creepiness coupled with his cheery personality. Owain and Inigo have nice supports also, and Morgan(F) with most of the other children tends to be great.

Yeah, and in my experience it doesn't make any difference once you've capped your stat, those extra five points do nothing.
    Well, definitely, it's overkill to have a +5 boost at that point, unless you try to fight the strong Spotpass teams or harder DLC once it starts to come out. Or you could just be thinking like me and want to make a Streetpass team that other people will find absolutely miserable to fight, though I know that's not a worthwhile argument unless you actually know people who have the game in your area.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    I was just starting Lunatic mode, and I accidently wrote over my hard mode save file. I didn't even complete that one...oh well.

Um, all I have to say is that this is for lunatics. It's crazy hard...but thankfully, I can be a little bit of a lunatic at times, so I'm playing it anyway. But I just can't imagine it on classic mode...wow.
    Oh, it's fun! absolutely ridiculous! Unless you level grind, which is totally impossible without DLC. At least you're not on Lunatic+ which supposedly has Snipers with Counter everywhere.
    Last edited by Psynergy; 11th March 2013 at 4:12 AM.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Page 106 of 223 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast