Page 107 of 222 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 5530

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Well, definitely, it's overkill to have a +5 boost at that point, unless you try to fight the strong Spotpass teams or harder DLC once it starts to come out. Or you could just be thinking like me and want to make a Streetpass team that other people will find absolutely miserable to fight, though I know that's not a worthwhile argument unless you actually know people who have the game in your area.
    I just want the extra power, and it's lame that it's not available. Especially on my Avatar, since I reclassed him as Swordmaster and Sage specifically to get Swordfaire and Tomefair and he capped both stats a while back.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Y View Post
    Awakening is my first fire emblem and I'm really liking the game, I'm doing a second playthrough now. The support conversations are really funny.
    Btw which are your favourites conversations guys?
    Severa suspects that Inigo is a Brony in their C-rank conversation! Nowi's conversations are great with her innocence and lack of maturity. Playing "house" with Lon'qu...

So, my avatar, I'm going to keep him as a Grandmaster but I plan to get the skills Aegis, Pavise, Renewal, and Sol. Which skill would compliment that? I plan for something defensive but able to tear things into two. I'm thinking of giving him the Sol and Katarina's Bolt (with it forged so the critical his is 45 while the rest is put into the hit rate).

Another question, can both the Sol skill and Sol weapon activate on the same attack? If I'm so reliant on healing to keep my avatar alive, maybe the Vantage skill is a good idea. Something I have used is the combination of Armshift and the Soothing Sword; that 10 HP is so nice. Should I use that as opposed to relying on Sol's chance reliant side effect.
    Last edited by ParaChomp; 11th March 2013 at 4:30 AM. Reason: thoughts came to mind
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Armsthrift
    Always have armsthrift on anything you can, it's a wonderful ability.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    So, my avatar, I'm going to keep him as a Grandmaster but I plan to get the skills Aegis, Pavise, Renewal, and Sol. Which skill would compliment that? I plan for something defensive but able to tear things into two. I'm thinking of giving him the Sol and Katarina's Bolt (with it forged so the critical his is 45 while the rest is put into the hit rate).

Another question, can both the Sol skill and Sol weapon activate on the same attack? If I'm so reliant on healing to keep my avatar alive, maybe the Vantage skill is a good idea. Something I have used is the combination of Armshift and the Soothing Sword; that 10 HP is so nice. Should I use that as opposed to relying on Sol's chance reliant side effect.
    Personally I think having Sol and Renewal is a little redundant, but that's just me. I find that one or the other (usually Sol) works well enough to keep you moderately healthy, especially with Aegis and Pavise in the mix. I do prefer Sol over Renewal personally, because even though its effect is chance based rather than guaranteed, in my experience, it activates more than enough to make up for it, considering it can activate every time you attack, both when you engage and when you're engaged.

To my knowledge, I think items follow the same rule as skills; they cannot activate simultaneously.

In any event, a good 5th skill is Rally Spectrum. It may not do anything for your Avatar as a solo unit, but the effects upon your other units is pretty noticeable, and it's something no other unit can provide. I'm a sucker for Astra personally, but the fact that it competes with Sol for activation can sometimes be a deterrent. Acrobat is situationally useful, allowing you to charge right through what would otherwise be hindering terrain. And of course, Armsthrift is great skill that lets you make amazing use of things like forged weapons, as you'll be able to use them forever. It's not really a noticeable effect in a single battle though, so if you're going for a Streetpass team, look elsewhere for trolling skills.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Link to all my 1st generation skill sets

Ignis is also a wonderful skill, especially with the Grandmaster's decently atk and mag stats.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Okay, it was hard, but I managed to make it to the point wireless features were enabled.

Which spot pass team would you guys recommend I grind in first?

Edward or Florina. Edward's is especially good since they're all sword wielders and they all have low might, so you can just end turn with a unit on a fort or something and let them suicide against you.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Personally I think having Sol and Renewal is a little redundant, but that's just me. I find that one or the other (usually Sol) works well enough to keep you moderately healthy, especially with Aegis and Pavise in the mix. I do prefer Sol over Renewal personally, because even though its effect is chance based rather than guaranteed, in my experience, it activates more than enough to make up for it, considering it can activate every time you attack, both when you engage and when you're engaged.

To my knowledge, I think items follow the same rule as skills; they cannot activate simultaneously.

In any event, a good 5th skill is Rally Spectrum. It may not do anything for your Avatar as a solo unit, but the effects upon your other units is pretty noticeable, and it's something no other unit can provide. I'm a sucker for Astra personally, but the fact that it competes with Sol for activation can sometimes be a deterrent. Acrobat is situationally useful, allowing you to charge right through what would otherwise be hindering terrain. And of course, Armsthrift is great skill that lets you make amazing use of things like forged weapons, as you'll be able to use them forever. It's not really a noticeable effect in a single battle though, so if you're going for a Streetpass team, look elsewhere for trolling skills.
    Okay then, to save time, I'll use the Sol weapon along with Rally Spectrum and Vantage.
    Last edited by ParaChomp; 11th March 2013 at 5:38 AM.

Okay then, to save time, I'll use the Sol weapon along with Rally Spectrum and Vantage.
    Personally not a big fan of Vantage, but whatever floats your boat. Pavise, Aegis, and Sol usually keep me above half health, and I'm not fond of the fact that Vantage is so situational... mind you, when it does come into play, it can potentially be a game-changer. I guess it's one of those "your mileage may vary" type skills, and depends on how heavily your Avatar takes damage. Now if only it were possible to get Vantage+, then that would be another story
    Last edited by KillerDraco; 11th March 2013 at 5:53 AM.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Or how you strategize using it.

A Mage with Vantage and Weapon Saver wielding a Celica's gale tome is nearly unkillable at half health. Only thing that can even touch him/her at that point is a Longbow. Best used as a FeMU S-ranked with Chrom or MU S-Ranked with Lucina for extra Dual Attack chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    I'd disagree, I'd like local Multiplayer, so I can see my friend's reactions, but I feel like if they added an online it'd cheapen the whole game, like it was just slapped on last minute. Plus, match-ups and people dropping matches would be infuriating. Same goes double for NintendoLand, a game meant to be played in the living room.
    I both agree and disagree. I am of the opinion that local multiplayer is undoubtedly better than online multiplayer, but at the same time, I'd say local multiplayer is more of a privilege. Much like the Streetpass issue, not everyone has access to people who have the game nearby. Heck, even those who do often have issues seeing them regularly; my best friend and I both play FE:A, but because she has college and I have work, our schedules often have difficulty coinciding, making it difficult to play together. There's also those who live far away from one another, and those who can't drive at all. The benefit of online multiplayer is that it takes distance out of the equation; you can play with anyone from anywhere, even if you would otherwise be unable to do so.

If given the choice, of course I'd pick local over online when playing with someone. However, it is very rare to have the choice where both are applicable; more often than not, it's usually only online that would be applicable. And I hardly think that expanding the number of people you can play with cheapens the experience in any way.

On the topic of people dropping out: I think every game should handle it the way Brawl does. If someone DCs then the AI takes over. You'll probably notice, but at least your game won't end.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Well I think wifi could also be handled in a streetpass styled fashion where you can look through a list of teams and pick one which you want to fight, which would then appear on your world map.

Person on Person Multiplayer would be weird, whoever moves first has the advantage, they get the most distance and can get forts and such while the second person is stuck with using forests.
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    On the topic of people dropping out: I think every game should handle it the way Brawl does. If someone DCs then the AI takes over. You'll probably notice, but at least your game won't end.
    I'd like to see a combination of that and Persona 4 Arena how disconnecting counts as a loss. That's how I see an ideal onlline multiplayer experience.

A bit off topic here?

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    Person on Person Multiplayer would be weird, whoever moves first has the advantage, they get the most distance and can get forts and such while the second person is stuck with using forests.
    Not necessarily. They could always make custom multiplayer maps.

I'd like to see a combination of that and Persona 4 Arena how disconnecting counts as a loss. That's how I see an ideal onlline multiplayer experience.

A bit off topic here?
    Nope, we're still talking Fire Emblem here.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    Not necessarily. There is strategy in how the opponent moves as well. One can reinforce the area they start in, choose to attack them in a clustercluck of attacks, sweep around either side, etc. Fire Emblem is a strategy game, dawg.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimentio View Post
    Not necessarily. There is strategy in how the opponent moves as well. One can reinforce the area they start in, choose to attack them in a clustercluck of attacks, sweep around either side, etc. Fire Emblem is a strategy game, dawg.
    And yet the person who goes first still has the most distinct advantage, especially depending on the map.
    Even if all they do is restructure their units in the safe zone, they're still forcing the other team to come to them.
    If the map is small enough you can quickly overrun the other team, or at least put a large dent into them, before they can even do anything. Especially with galeforce.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Okay, it was hard, but I managed to make it to the point wireless features were enabled.

Which spot pass team would you guys recommend I grind in first?
    I'd say avoid Spot Pass teams completely on Lunatic, unless you're buying items from them like Fortify. From my experience, they only give you 1 exp per kill, which is a horrid rate for grinding. DLC is a much better choice, unless you not strong enough yet, since you can always visit the villages for some pretty nice items.

Hm, I'm trying to figure out an offensive skill set for my +Spd -Def Male Avatar, and I've thought out Ignis, Tomefaire, Swordfaire, Aegis and Sol. Aegis is there because 25% Res growth isn't very reliable, and the "-faire" skills are always handy, since 40 to 45 is a significant difference. Sol and Ignis are self-explanatory, though. My only dilemma is wanting Astra there, though I don't want to sacrifice any of these skills planned out, and 21% activation as a Grandmaster is hardly reliable when compared to Ignis and its 42% activation. Any thoughts?
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

I'd say avoid Spot Pass teams completely on Lunatic, unless you're buying items from them like Fortify. From my experience, they only give you 1 exp per kill, which is a horrid rate for grinding. DLC is a much better choice, unless you not strong enough yet, since you can always visit the villages for some pretty nice items.

Hm, I'm trying to figure out an offensive skill set for my +Spd -Def Male Avatar, and I've thought out Ignis, Tomefaire, Swordfaire, Aegis and Sol. Aegis is there because 25% Res growth isn't very reliable, and the "-faire" skills are always handy, since 40 to 45 is a significant difference. Sol and Ignis are self-explanatory, though. My only dilemma is wanting Astra there, though I don't want to sacrifice any of these skills planned out, and 21% activation as a Grandmaster is hardly reliable when compared to Ignis and its 42% activation. Any thoughts?
    Instead of having Sol, you could try having the Sol Sword as a replacement, though you will lack the ability to restore HP from a distance and I'd rather put it on someone like Owain.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    Instead of having Sol, you could try having the Sol Sword as a replacement, though you will lack the ability to restore HP from a distance and I'd rather put it on someone like Owain.
    That's an interesting thought. I may consider that for my Streetpass team at least, though I'm not sure I'll keep Astra. I like being able to heal from a distance, and I agree it's better put on someone like Owain. That gets me thinking about the Luna, Astra and Vengeance weapons as well, so I'll see how that goes.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Donnel is really good... In lunatic casual mode (Which I am on now), he was a level 20 hero. Now he his a level 15 dread fighter with near max stats. Man, the DLC chapters are good!

My only problem is chrom: He's bad. Always forced to play as him and he dies instantly. (He IS a level 13 great knight though...)

Quote Originally Posted by hawkmbl View Post
    Donnel is really good... In lunatic casual mode (Which I am on now), he was a level 20 hero. Now he his a level 15 dread fighter with near max stats. Man, the DLC chapters are good!

My only problem is chrom: He's bad. Always forced to play as him and he dies instantly. (He IS a level 13 great knight though...)
    Chrom's a mixed bag. I've had to use a couple Draco Shields on him but his other stats, especially Strength, are very good. Reclass him a couple times and he'll eventually cap.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkmbl View Post

If he's really that bad, you could just hide him from danger by pairing him up with another unit. And he does have that ability that increase the chance for dual strikes, right?
    Yeah, I found that out the hard way....but my only usable character now is Fredrick, and there is no way he'll be standing up to the that Marth DLC thing they gave for free....not with them using weapons like Arch Fire.

So I unlocked the chapters for Morgan and Noire tonight and after just trying Noire's real quick I got swept hard every angle I tried from. Dem stats, but more importantly, dem weapons also. Pretty crazy. And I want to use Noire really badly, too...

Page 107 of 222 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast