Page 108 of 222 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208 ... LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 5530

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

Quote Originally Posted by Dimentio View Post
    So I unlocked the chapters for Morgan and Noire tonight and after just trying Noire's real quick I got swept hard every angle I tried from. Dem stats, but more importantly, dem weapons also. Pretty crazy. And I want to use Noire really badly, too...
    What's the problem exactly? For me, she's doing fine (and is my avatar's kid) after I reclassed her to a Dark Flier. Her Magic is effective and can make great use of the many spears with side-effects.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

The problem is not her at all, it's the level and getting her out of it. Griffons everywhere, which all my Archers combined could feasibly destroy but they're everywhere, and then from the left side I get bumrushed by Bow Knights and Paladins. My own party has troubles with it.

As an aside, and this is probably going to show how effective my playstyle is, if I reclass how does my level on that character stand? I want to do this first playthrough without reclassing (aka without Second Seals) because it just feels like a more natural Fire Emblem to me, but it seems like the more I hear about it the more I'm shooting myself in the foot. Reclassing just affects my stat caps, and the stat growths remain the same for the given character, correct? And if I reclass does my level remain the same but for the next class?

The problem is not her at all, it's the level and getting her out of it. Griffons everywhere, which all my Archers combined could feasibly destroy but they're everywhere, and then from the left side I get bumrushed by Bow Knights and Paladins. My own party has troubles with it.

As an aside, and this is probably going to show how effective my playstyle is, if I reclass how does my level on that character stand? I want to do this first playthrough without reclassing (aka without Second Seals) because it just feels like a more natural Fire Emblem to me, but it seems like the more I hear about it the more I'm shooting myself in the foot. Reclassing just affects my stat caps, and the stat growths remain the same for the given character, correct? And if I reclass does my level remain the same but for the next class?
    Stat caps are a by-class thing. When you reclass you'll lose certain negligible points of your stats (unless you reclass into the same class, where you keep all your stats but earn slightly less exp) but that class has different growths so you can earn skills and ideally more stats by the time you're ready to promote again.

Reclassing is more for skill benefit than anything else. I barely bother with it unless I max the first promotion.

I did it fine without having her die. What you do is rush your men with high mobility and either a Best Killer, Wind Magic, and/or a weapon with a 1-2 range (make it strong using the forge). None of the enemies attack Noire until she snaps and I had some good timing with that. Mobilize your fighters quickly to gather around the building and start attacking. Pair up Noire as fast as possible. As for me, it was with her mother who is a Dark Knight in my case allowing for a quick enter and exit. If Tharja is a Sorcerer, make sure she has Aversa's Night to keep her alive and well. Try it out, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Stat caps are a by-class thing. When you reclass you'll lose certain negligible points of your stats (unless you reclass into the same class, where you keep all your stats but earn slightly less exp) but that class has different growths so you can earn skills and ideally more stats by the time you're ready to promote again.

Reclassing is more for skill benefit than anything else. I barely bother with it unless I max the first promotion.
    So to clarify, when you reclass you will get different skills, different stat growths, and different stat caps? Or are the stat growths tied to the character him/herself (For example, Donnel's growths will always be the same regardless of class)? And if I reclass Donnel, a level 19 Villager, will he revert to a level 19 character of that class, or is there some fluctuation in this when reclassing?

Hey guys I've totally played Fire Emblem games before. ._.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    I did it fine without having her die. What you do is rush your men with high mobility and either a Best Killer, Wind Magic, and/or a weapon with a 1-2 range (make it strong using the forge). None of the enemies attack Noire until she snaps and I had some good timing with that. Mobilize your fighters quickly to gather around the building and start attacking. Pair up Noire as fast as possible. As for me, it was with her mother who is a Dark Knight in my case allowing for a quick enter and exit. If Tharja is a Sorcerer, make sure she has Aversa's Night to keep her alive and well. Try it out, I'm sure you'll be fine.
    I'm having no trouble with the Griffons, like you said, archers and wind magic are fantastic. In fact, just Tharja/Avatar combo alone sweeps pretty well for me, but with generous backup. It's mostly the left flank that gets me because I then get rushed by Paladin upon Paladin, which wouldn't be so bad if I had a dedicated waller. I've really got no heavy units barring Vaike who's only heavy in terms of pure health more than anything else. So while I get to Noire and secure her I inevitably fall to those guys in some way.

So to clarify, when you reclass you will get different skills, different stat growths, and different stat caps? Or are the stat growths tied to the character him/herself (For example, Donnel's growths will always be the same regardless of class)? And if I reclass Donnel, a level 19 Villager, will he revert to a level 19 character of that class, or is there some fluctuation in this when reclassing?

Hey guys I've totally played Fire Emblem games before. ._.
    1. You earn different skills. Each class gives 2 skills (at level 1 & 10 for unpromoted classes, 5 & 15 for promoted). Mix & matching skills is the entire reason behind class changing, really.
    2. Stat growths are a character's base growth + that class' growths. So for instance Donnel's base growths are always: 50 45 15 40 45 80 35 15
    The villager's growths are: 35 10 0 5 5 10 5
    So as a villager he will have 85 55 26 40 50 85 45 20 (+20 across the board if he has Aptitude on)
    3. Reclassing resets your level, always.

They keep the skills and weapon experience when they change class. Changing class also aids you as different classes have different skills. When you reclass, they go back to level 1. If you use a Second Seal on someone who has an advanced class and is level 10 or over, they can change into a different advanced class of the possible available classes otherwise the only choices will be other possible standard classes. When a character has an advanced class and is level 20, you can use a Second Seal to revert their level back to 1 without changing their class or stats. Which classes the character can change to are dependent on their class and their parents (for example if Henry married Mirabelle, Brady can become a Dark Mage if he uses a Second Seal). If I recall, the max stats are dependent on the class while the growth is dependent on the character and their parents with the children taken into account.

I'm having no trouble with the Griffons, like you said, archers and wind magic are fantastic. In fact, just Tharja/Avatar combo alone sweeps pretty well for me, but with generous backup. It's mostly the left flank that gets me because I then get rushed by Paladin upon Paladin, which wouldn't be so bad if I had a dedicated waller. I've really got no heavy units barring Vaike who's only heavy in terms of pure health more than anything else. So while I get to Noire and secure her I inevitably fall to those guys in some way.
    Split your force into two groups with, one for defeating the commander and the other rescuing Noire.
    Last edited by ParaChomp; 12th March 2013 at 8:25 AM.

So I unlocked the chapters for Morgan and Noire tonight and after just trying Noire's real quick I got swept hard every angle I tried from. Dem stats, but more importantly, dem weapons also. Pretty crazy. And I want to use Noire really badly, too...
    What difficulty are you on? If you're on Lunatic my advice may not be that helpful, since I only have experience with this chapter on Hard. But what I did was send Stahl and Sully up the right side of the map to block access to Noire from that side, I then sent Chrom, my Avatar, Virion and Gaius around the left side of the building to clean up those units while sending Vaike, Gregor, Donnel and Kellam up the left side of the map to take out the stragglers and the boss.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I was looking into getting Fire Emblem: Awakening for the 3DS (reviews for this seem to be insanely good), but I've never played a Fire Emblem game before and I'm wondering if that's going to be a problem considering possible ongoing storylines.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger Angel View Post
    I was looking into getting Fire Emblem: Awakening for the 3DS (reviews for this seem to be insanely good), but I've never played a Fire Emblem game before and I'm wondering if that's going to be a problem considering possible ongoing storylines.
    Nope, it's not a problem in the slightest. They're all more or less independent storylines. You don't need to have played any of the other Fire Emblem games in order to get the full effect of Fire Emblem Awakening's storyline. Mostly, it's via DLC/Spotpass bonus teams that you find references/characters from other Fire Emblem games, but again, this has no bearing on the actual storyline.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

The last of the Lost Bloodlines map is coming Thursday, along with the Paragon skill, which will be SO useful when grinding.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Nope, it's not a problem in the slightest. They're all more or less independent storylines. You don't need to have played any of the other Fire Emblem games in order to get the full effect of Fire Emblem Awakening's storyline. Mostly, it's via DLC/Spotpass bonus teams that you find references/characters from other Fire Emblem games, but again, this has no bearing on the actual storyline.
    Okay, thanks, I appreciate that. I need something to keep me occupied for an 8 hour flight and this looks perfect.

Wait and try when your team is at a bigger level, you don't need to do the kids chapters now. You can try using the magic Nosferatus too, it heals you half the damage inflicted on you foe,it's very useful on the latter game.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    The last of the Lost Bloodlines map is coming Thursday, along with the Paragon skill, which will be SO useful when grinding.
    Woo! Nothing like double EXP to ease the grinding burdens. Life is good.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

that will help lots. My characters are only getting 15 exp a battle from lv30 entombed now =|
    3DS FC: 0044-2817-7751

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    1. You earn different skills. Each class gives 2 skills (at level 1 & 10 for unpromoted classes, 5 & 15 for promoted). Mix & matching skills is the entire reason behind class changing, really.
    2. Stat growths are a character's base growth + that class' growths. So for instance Donnel's base growths are always: 50 45 15 40 45 80 35 15
    The villager's growths are: 35 10 0 5 5 10 5
    So as a villager he will have 85 55 26 40 50 85 45 20 (+20 across the board if he has Aptitude on)
    3. Reclassing resets your level, always.
    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    They keep the skills and weapon experience when they change class. Changing class also aids you as different classes have different skills. When you reclass, they go back to level 1. If you use a Second Seal on someone who has an advanced class and is level 10 or over, they can change into a different advanced class of the possible available classes otherwise the only choices will be other possible standard classes. When a character has an advanced class and is level 20, you can use a Second Seal to revert their level back to 1 without changing their class or stats. Which classes the character can change to are dependent on their class and their parents (for example if Henry married Mirabelle, Brady can become a Dark Mage if he uses a Second Seal). If I recall, the max stats are dependent on the class while the growth is dependent on the character and their parents with the children taken into account.
    Thank you very much for clarifying this. I didn't reclass at all in Shadow Dragon because ick and complicating things so I was going into Awakening like "Huh, I can do without reclassing at least one playthrough, then work with it the next few" but I guess I was mistaken and reclassing really is required for the playthroughs, Hard especially. So one last question actually, how are the skills passed on to children determined, should your character have a variety of skills from multiple classes? Like, 5 are allowed on the character at once but if you have more than those 5 what will be passed on to child?

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    What difficulty are you on? If you're on Lunatic my advice may not be that helpful, since I only have experience with this chapter on Hard. But what I did was send Stahl and Sully up the right side of the map to block access to Noire from that side, I then sent Chrom, my Avatar, Virion and Gaius around the left side of the building to clean up those units while sending Vaike, Gregor, Donnel and Kellam up the left side of the map to take out the stragglers and the boss.
    I'm on Hard. My team is likely too underleveled, as mentioned after your comment, but I was really looking forward to getting Noire (Among the other children). It's just that the Paladins, for the most part, hit way too hard with their custom Silver weapons and whatnot. Griffons also, but at least archers can take them down. I'll probably just grind my team a bit more...My team as it stands is Avatar, Chrom, Lucina, Tharja, Lissa, Miriel, Gregor, Donnel, Virion, Sumia, Gaius, Lon'qu, Vaike and Olivia, all at their natural promotion, so as you can probably see there is a lack of defense and overwhelming mobility...But yeah, I'll probably just grind more since those Paladins cut through my everything.

So, I'm pretty proud of this thread. : D
    I've been playing Path of Radiance lately (finally got a copy of it), and I have a question. I unfortunately missed the Base Conversation which earns you Sothe. I don't have any backup files or anything; getting him would be a matter of completely restarting the game. This is my first playthrough. Should I start a whole new playthrough and try to get him, or just keep going?
    Also, does Sothe get Radiant Dawn bonuses? I'm wondering if he's really worth it in PoR.
    - Known on Smogon as PlatinumMage!! -

John 3:16-For God so loved the world that He gave His only son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
    If you're a Christian and you love Jesus, add this verse to your sig. Started by jesusfreak94.
    Put this in your sig if you think Hoenn deserves remakes!started by Flare64

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Woo! Nothing like double EXP to ease the grinding burdens. Life is good.
    Ermergerd I can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger Angel View Post
    Okay, thanks, I appreciate that. I need something to keep me occupied for an 8 hour flight and this looks perfect.
    It will keep you occupied a lot longer than eight hours. I've put about 120 into it so far.

I'm on Hard. My team is likely too underleveled, as mentioned after your comment, but I was really looking forward to getting Noire (Among the other children). It's just that the Paladins, for the most part, hit way too hard with their custom Silver weapons and whatnot. Griffons also, but at least archers can take them down. I'll probably just grind my team a bit more...My team as it stands is Avatar, Chrom, Lucina, Tharja, Lissa, Miriel, Gregor, Donnel, Virion, Sumia, Gaius, Lon'qu, Vaike and Olivia, all at their natural promotion, so as you can probably see there is a lack of defense and overwhelming mobility...But yeah, I'll probably just grind more since those Paladins cut through my everything.
    I trained up everyone, since the DLC chapters make it easy to keep everyone balanced, so I've got a lot of options. I would highly recommend either reclassing someone into a mounted class or beginning to use Sully/Stahl. Paladins are great units, and it'll make your life a lot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcanineShrine014029 View Post
    So, I'm pretty proud of this thread. : D
    I've been playing Path of Radiance lately (finally got a copy of it), and I have a question. I unfortunately missed the Base Conversation which earns you Sothe. I don't have any backup files or anything; getting him would be a matter of completely restarting the game. This is my first playthrough. Should I start a whole new playthrough and try to get him, or just keep going?
    Also, does Sothe get Radiant Dawn bonuses? I'm wondering if he's really worth it in PoR.
    If I'm remembering correctly, Sothe is next to useless in PoR.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Yeah, I found that out the hard way....but my only usable character now is Fredrick, and there is no way he'll be standing up to the that Marth DLC thing they gave for free....not with them using weapons like Arch Fire.
    Yeah, I wasn't able to stand a chance until Chapter 7, though that's because I left it for a while. Chrom and my Avatar started to be decent enough to not get obliterated by one enemy at that point, and to my surprise, Frederick's usefulness as a solo unit plummeted by Chapter 12, when everyone else started to get stronger.

Yup, but if you train him up to level 20, he caps most stats, and those caps can transfer a pretty tanky Sothe for RD, which is really useful on Normal and Hard. Volke is way better, but Knives aren't great in PoR anyway.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

I trained up everyone, since the DLC chapters make it easy to keep everyone balanced, so I've got a lot of options. I would highly recommend either reclassing someone into a mounted class or beginning to use Sully/Stahl. Paladins are great units, and it'll make your life a lot easier.
    I'm still in the mindset of previous Fire Emblems. Most late-game units are not worth it due to their stat growths. Except in this game they really eliminate that. But even so, I'm only on story chapter 17; my main team is only just starting to reach level 10 in their upgraded class. I can grind some more. I just really want Noire (And Morgan, but Noire mostly). Also, I have been using Sully on the side but she's still a level 16 Cavalier. I've never been too big a fan of Paladins, to be perfectly honest. I only ever use one per my team really. Which is especially noteworthy in 7 and 8 when at least one lord will be a mounted unit as well.

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Yup, but if you train him up to level 20, he caps most stats, and those caps can transfer a pretty tanky Sothe for RD, which is really useful on Normal and Hard. Volke is way better, but Knives aren't great in PoR anyway.
    Even so, he has next to no relation to the PoR storyline and there are no indicators of much regarding the RD storyline in PoR. If you're using him for stats, eh. In PoR he's useless but he'll become worthwhile, and then if you're using him for story relevance there is hardly any in PoR.

Even so, he has next to no relation to the PoR storyline and there are no indicators of much regarding the RD storyline in PoR. If you're using him for stats, eh. In PoR he's useless but he'll become worthwhile, and then if you're using him for story relevance there is hardly any in PoR.
    In that case, I'll just use another unit in RD rather than Sothe. Thanks! I'm at Chapter 14 ("Training") in Path of Radiance at the moment, and I'm really enjoying the game so far. I actually played RD first (availability issue), and I really enjoy this game more - it's easier to be interested in what's going on, rather than the bleak mood that RD begins with.
    Last edited by ArcanineShrine014029; 13th March 2013 at 12:37 AM.
    - Known on Smogon as PlatinumMage!! -

John 3:16-For God so loved the world that He gave His only son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
    If you're a Christian and you love Jesus, add this verse to your sig. Started by jesusfreak94.
    Put this in your sig if you think Hoenn deserves remakes!started by Flare64

Oh, don't get me wrong. I know he's not worth much in PoR, but I figure it's worth bringing up his good points as well, however little there may be of that. Regardless, it's not like PoR was overly tough to begin with, so using someone for stat transfer, or just for fun certainly wouldn't hamper your group's effectiveness, unless you're on Hard. Though in his case with having missed the chance to get him, it's definitely not worth restarting for.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Quote Originally Posted by ArcanineShrine014029 View Post
    In that case, I'll just use another unit in RD rather than Sothe. Thanks! I'm at Chapter 14 ("Training") in Path of Radiance at the moment, and I'm really enjoying the game so far. I actually played RD first (availability issue), and I really enjoy this game more - it's easier to be interested in what's going on, rather than the bleak mood that RD begins with.
    No problem. PoR is much better than RD, if you ask me. It's probably my favorite of all Fire Emblems from 6 onwards. The only thing that makes me think otherwise is I love the camaraderie between Lyn, Hector and Eliwood from FE7 and I am really enjoying Awakening so far...But RD is just a disjointed mess of multiple stories and it starts to get pretty cool at the end but the whole rest of it is kinda just...wat. It would've been better had they stuck to one thing they wanted from it without segmenting everything and shoehorning story relevance on everyone who existed in PoR.

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Oh, don't get me wrong. I know he's not worth much in PoR, but I figure it's worth bringing up his good points as well, however little there may be of that. Regardless, it's not like PoR was overly tough to begin with, so using someone for stat transfer, or just for fun certainly wouldn't hamper your group's effectiveness, unless you're on Hard. Though in his case with having missed the chance to get him, it's definitely not worth restarting for.
    Yeah, like you said, in this case his weak points highly outweigh his strong points. Actually, they do in most cases. It's just not worth a reset for him, ultimately, unless you're also not content with some other character's stat growths. And to be fair to PoR I found it pretty tricky. As far as getting everyone to be ranked up, especially. FE7 was easily the hardest since they only had the main storyline chapters and PoR was probably next hardest because your extra exp was given based on overall performance. I guess I relate difficulty with how easy it is to get your characters in a comfortable place. That, and a lot of the PoR characters seemed to be slightly weaker hitters. Off the top of my head I can think of a lot of my party who often hits for much smaller increments of damage than in other games.

I'm still in the mindset of previous Fire Emblems. Most late-game units are not worth it due to their stat growths. Except in this game they really eliminate that. But even so, I'm only on story chapter 17; my main team is only just starting to reach level 10 in their upgraded class. I can grind some more. I just really want Noire (And Morgan, but Noire mostly). Also, I have been using Sully on the side but she's still a level 16 Cavalier. I've never been too big a fan of Paladins, to be perfectly honest. I only ever use one per my team really. Which is especially noteworthy in 7 and 8 when at least one lord will be a mounted unit as well.
    Paladins are great because they've got high movement, defense, strength, speed and decent resistance as well. Aegis is also a very useful skill.

I don't know why, but I seem to like fighting the gaiden DLC characters over and over, even if I recruited them already.

....Even to the point I want to buy a import copy of FE gaiden for my NES

Page 108 of 222 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208 ... LastLast