Page 111 of 223 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 5554

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    What happens when its a characters/your avatar's birthday?
    Go to the barracks and they'll get EXP, an item and a stat boost.

Playing Path of Radiance lately. I'm at Chapter 17; I've heard it's divided into four parts. How exactly does this work?
    - Known on Smogon as PlatinumMage!! -

John 3:16-For God so loved the world that He gave His only son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
    If you're a Christian and you love Jesus, add this verse to your sig. Started by jesusfreak94.
    Put this in your sig if you think Hoenn deserves remakes!started by Flare64

Quote Originally Posted by ArcanineShrine014029 View Post
    Playing Path of Radiance lately. I'm at Chapter 17; I've heard it's divided into four parts. How exactly does this work?
    It's a chapter with four stages. The first stage is treated like any other chapter.

Second stage and beyond, you can't access the convoy, but you'll be asked to ask for two extra reinforcements that will come after a couple of turns pass. In case somebody is running low on weapon uses, you can equip the two reinforcements with weapons if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Trainer X View Post
    In most of my matches,
        Spoiler:- Spoiler:
    Their total stats don't matter, all that matters is what their defence or resistance is. The enemy will target whichever unit in their range they can damage the most, completely ignoring any self preservation.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Whew. Lost Bloodlines 3 is a bit on the long side due to how many units there are to go through. They might not be all that tough, but there's definitely a lot of them.

Gonna take a while to stock up on Paragon books.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Whew. Lost Bloodlines 3 is a bit on the long side due to how many units there are to go through. They might not be all that tough, but there's definitely a lot of them.

Gonna take a while to stock up on Paragon books.
    I've been doing the exact same thing myself. I really do wish it was shorter, turning off all the animations has helped a bit, though.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Also, my overall game plan to avoid excessive level grinding is to carry a few select characters, four or five, who I overlevel, and since they face no competition with other units for experience gain fighting enemies, they maintain these high levels. It was when I got this idea that I made my Lunatic mode file in the first place....but I want opinions from veteran players. Do you guys think it'll work? My Avatar and Fredrick seem to be doing well enough so far...
    It can work, and I think it's recommended that you use less people on Lunatic than you would on Hard, though I personally resorted to DLC to train a few extra children characters, because they are fantastic. Especially Galeforce Owain. Because Galeforce. Frederick on the other hand, despite being great now, plummets in terms of usefulness after Gangrel because he stops getting enough EXP to grow at the same rate as everyone else, being useful only for a good pairing partner with Dual Guard+. Avatar will end up being very useful for obvious reasons, especially with Rally Spectrum. Trust me, you need Rally Spectrum more than you might think.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    I've got Micaiah in mine, but that's only because she's a max stat unit with a troll skillset.
    Speaking of Spotpass characters with interesting sets, I was planning to get Edward with Wrath(because it's not really Edward without Wrath), only to realize how well that will go with Vantage.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Speaking of Spotpass characters with interesting sets, I was planning to get Edward with Wrath(because it's not really Edward without Wrath), only to realize how well that will go with Vantage.
    This is what you do: Wrath, Vantage, Zeal, *faire skill, Vengeance, Killing Edge.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    This is what you do: Wrath, Vantage, Zeal, *faire skill, Vengeance, Killing Edge.
    I totally need to finish this up now with him! Luckily, Edward comes with Zeal as a Myrmidon, so that's done. I'll be making him a Swordmaster in the end, so Swordfaire it is. I think the only thing I'll need to add to that is Killing Edge forged with max crit boost.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

rips shirt

I am finally invincible!

Got three questions! In paralogue 18; Chrom can stop to talk to Gangrel, is there anything else you can do? Anyone have a basic guide on the kids' stats (it's Pokémon all over again)? Lastly, Lunatic is a nightmare, I have an idea on how to clear chapter 3 but I always fail on the side the Hammer wielder is on with Chrom paired with Kellam, Sully paired with Stahl, and Lissa always fail. On the other side, Frederick (with an Iron Axe with a durability of 38 and Ephraim's Lance with a durability of 15 at his disposal at the start) paired with Sumina, my avatar paired with Miriel, and Virion are able to do fine. Any tips (for until I unlock the Outerrealm Gate)?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Anyone have a basic guide on the kids' stats (it's Pokémon all over again)?
    What sort of guide do you mean? Their caps, growths, bases?

Regardless, Serenes Forest has all the information you could possible want.

Got three questions! In paralogue 18; Chrom can stop to talk to Gangrel, is there anything else you can do?
    You have to talk to him three times with Chrom before he'll join you. Fortunately, since he has a Levin Sword, just make sure none of your units have ranged weapons equipped (Magic especially), and he won't accidentally kill himself on you.

Anyone have a basic guide on the kids' stats (it's Pokémon all over again)?
    There's a formula for calculating it. Rather than giving you a long winded explanation, I'll just provide a link which gives a good explanation, in addition to having data on their stats: http://serenesforest.net/fe13/children.html

And I haven't given Lunatic a try yet, so I'd not be of much help there.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

rips shirt

I am finally invincible!

Got three questions! In paralogue 18; Chrom can stop to talk to Gangrel, is there anything else you can do?
    Talk to Gangrel three times.

I just used the second seal to change Donnel to a mercenary.

Hehe, I was actually expecting him to lose the hat. I laughed a little when I saw that he still had it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    I just used the second seal to change Donnel to a mercenary.

Hehe, I was actually expecting him to lose the hat. I laughed a little when I saw that he still had it.
    You know, I thought the very same thing. But alas, no matter what class you change him too, he'll still have cookware as his headgear. It will apparently follow him to the grave.

Does the upcoming target sale include awakening?

If it doesn't I wont get it for at least 2 weeks...
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

Who's the best pairing for Olivia besides Chrom? I'm planning to most likely go Mercenary > Hero for Inigo.

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    Who's the best pairing for Olivia besides Chrom? I'm planning to most likely go Mercenary > Hero for Inigo.
    Hmm, I don't know to be honestly, in my first run I paired her up with Libra, my Inigo was interesting, to say the least.

Anyways since I'm grinding like no tomorrow on my current run, Olivia's currently my strongest character, Going from a Dancer to an Assassin in the matter of an hour. Currently just getting Severa to complete my children Trifecta. Does anyone know how Severa fares magically?

My humanity will corrode away... Until I'm just a monster...

Credit to EG for Banner.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    You know, I thought the very same thing. But alas, no matter what class you change him too, he'll still have cookware as his headgear. It will apparently follow him to the grave.
    I was a little disappointed at first, but its grown on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Requiem View Post
    Hmm, I don't know to be honestly, in my first run I paired her up with Libra, my Inigo was interesting, to say the least.

Anyways since I'm grinding like no tomorrow on my current run, Olivia's currently my strongest character, Going from a Dancer to an Assassin in the matter of an hour. Currently just getting Severa to complete my children Trifecta. Does anyone know how Severa fares magically?
    Not very well, at least, she doesn't with Gregor as her father.

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    I don't know about the best, but I'd say Gregor is the worst for her to pair with. Mostly because Inigo literally gains no new reclassing options from having Gregor as a father.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Requiem View Post
    Er, to my knowledge she's not that great magically. She doesn't really have anything on Laurent or Brady if you're attempting an offensive magic user. Though it also depends on who her parent is.

My Laurent is ridiculous, I paired Miriel with Kellam, so Laurent is a tank. Highest Resistance and damn near highest Defence out of all my units.

Still playing through slowly, up to Chapter 23. On Normal/Classic. Yeah, I still suck.

This has been bugging me for a while: What offensive stat do Dragonstones run off of? Are they physical or special, so to speak?

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Still playing through slowly, up to Chapter 23. On Normal/Classic. Yeah, I still suck.

This has been bugging me for a while: What offensive stat do Dragonstones run off of? Are they physical or special, so to speak?
    So far as I can tell, they run off physical. I tend to do more damage to frailer units and very little to things like Generals or Great Knights

They are definitely physical.

Looks like everyone's beat me to the punch about Manakete damage being based on Strength.

Though Manaketes also have a pretty respectable magic stat for a class that doesn't inherently use it. Makes me wonder if I need to give an Avatar/Nowi pairing a try to see how well Nah can utilize Ignis.

Page 111 of 223 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast