Page 112 of 219 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,800 of 5463

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

  1. #2776
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,077

    Default

    Okay, thanks guys. Finally unlocked the Outerrealm Gate without losing a single man on Lunatic!

    TT.TT

    I'm so happy!
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  2. #2777
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    1,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Unlocked the Outerrealm Gate without losing a single man on Lunatic!
    Are you a wizard?
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL ~ Kid Icarus club ~ Attack on Titan club ~ Xat New Leaf dream code: 4800 2561 7674

  3. #2778
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    Are you a wizard?
    No, silly! He's a Tactician! Besides the fact that you can now use DLC from Chapter 4, the rest of the game becomes more manageable, though no less ridiculous. To be honest though, even Champions of Yore 1 was too tough for me to safely attempt until Chapter 7.
    Nintendo Network Suggestions //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo



  4. #2779
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Old West
    Posts
    1,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    To be honest though, even Champions of Yore 1 was too tough for me to safely attempt until Chapter 7.
    Yeah...my method of level grinding with that was to have Frederick go in an kill everyone besides the healer, though he was paired up so teammates could get an extra attack.

    You'll want a larger team later, but for now, it may be easier to level grind maybe two or three, then add characters who are strong enough to level grind themselves later, like children characters and Anna.

    I managed to beat Grengal with only Fredrick and my Avatar, with Chrom and Olivia paired up with them to keep them from danger.

  5. #2780
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    ...where DO I live?
    Posts
    853

    Default

    So, does anyone else use the idea of bunching together paired units in the middle and use Rally Spectrum twice or thrice? When the enemies come up and attack me, that's how I get rid of them for the most part.


        Spoiler:- Credits:

    I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

  6. #2781
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Yeah...my method of level grinding with that was to have Frederick go in an kill everyone besides the healer, though he was paired up so teammates could get an extra attack.

    You'll want a larger team later, but for now, it may be easier to level grind maybe two or three, then add characters who are strong enough to level grind themselves later, like children characters and Anna.

    I managed to beat Grengal with only Fredrick and my Avatar, with Chrom and Olivia paired up with them to keep them from danger.
    I avoided using Frederick to level grind in the DLC so by Chapter 7, I was able to rely on Chrom and my Avatar, with Sumia being able to actually fight back. And Panne classed as a Wyvern Rider absolutely decimated most of the enemies until the the high concentration of bows and wind magic kicked in later in the game. The only characters I used besides these were Lissa as a Dark Flier, and Lucina, Owain, and Morgan. Everyone else was filler until they fell behind stat-wise, like Lon'qu and Ricken earlygame, Say'ri and Anna late midgame, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Trainer X View Post
    So, does anyone else use the idea of bunching together paired units in the middle and use Rally Spectrum twice or thrice? When the enemies come up and attack me, that's how I get rid of them for the most part.
    I find less reason to use it as characters become overpowered, though playing through the game, especially on Lunatic, Rally Spectrum is absolutely amazing. Though I'm under the assumption that a Rally skill can't stack with itself, but can with other Rally skills.
    Nintendo Network Suggestions //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo



  7. #2782
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    II find less reason to use it as characters become overpowered, though playing through the game, especially on Lunatic, Rally Spectrum is absolutely amazing. Though I'm under the assumption that a Rally skill can't stack with itself, but can with other Rally skills.
    Yeah, every Rally Skill can stack with the others, but not with itself. Otherwise... it would be way too broken.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  8. #2783
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Old West
    Posts
    1,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    I avoided using Frederick to level grind in the DLC so by Chapter 7, I was able to rely on Chrom and my Avatar, with Sumia being able to actually fight back. And Panne classed as a Wyvern Rider absolutely decimated most of the enemies until the the high concentration of bows and wind magic kicked in later in the game. The only characters I used besides these were Lissa as a Dark Flier, and Lucina, Owain, and Morgan. Everyone else was filler until they fell behind stat-wise, like Lon'qu and Ricken earlygame, Say'ri and Anna late midgame, etc.
    Heh, just placed Frederick on a fortress and let him do all the work for the first few levels.

    Personally, I'm probably going to be keeping Anna for a while. She's my teams only healer at the moment, and when she gets acrobat, she'll be almost as mobile as a Falcon Knight, but won't have that annoying weakness to bows. Though, I am using the Levian Swords that I'm buying from a spotpass teams...

    Edit: Did I ever mention how annoying Counter is? Because I hate it at this point...
    Last edited by Zachmac; 18th March 2013 at 4:19 AM.

  9. #2784
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    Are you a wizard?
    rips shirt off to reveal overly muscular figure

    No, I'm a female Tactician who can perform incredible feats!

    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    No, silly! He's a Tactician! Besides the fact that you can now use DLC from Chapter 4, the rest of the game becomes more manageable, though no less ridiculous. To be honest though, even Champions of Yore 1 was too tough for me to safely attempt until Chapter 7.
    Never realized that. I thought I unlocked it sooner than expected.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Yeah, every Rally Skill can stack with the others, but not with itself. Otherwise... it would be way too broken.
    On my first play-through, rally spectrum and rally movement stacked...so good! Wonder how a unit with every breaker skill and high speed would do?

    Anyways, taking a break from Fire Emblem and went back to Pokémon today. What did I do? Same stuff I did in Fire Emblem; breeding and training.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  10. #2785
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Old West
    Posts
    1,172

    Default

    Decided to try and recruit Nah today....that stage was made purely to troll me.

        Spoiler:- recruiting nah:
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Nothing is more powerful than friendship. Well, except a +2/+2/+2 Adamant Kyurem Black. In which case, you're done for.

  11. #2786
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Pokemon world, I wish ._...XD
    Posts
    1,613

    Default

    I'm going to get Awakening eventually (Whenever i can get to gamestop to buy it >3>...) but for right now, I'm playing my newly fixed Radiant Dawn. (CD/DVD fixers ftw.)

    Everything was going smoothly till the 3rd chapter. (Was it the third? :X or was it my third map? Lol prologue...)

    But then I remembered just how unforgiving the game can be sometimes.
    Accursed reinforcements. >:/ They scared the **** out of me when I saw them appear next to my "allies" space, and I rushed back to save them.
    That rush was a bad idea, I didn't think straight. Q.Q...Poor Leonardo. And then the match reset to my last battle save. Ugh, done for the night, it's 2 am.

    ...and I realized that Radiant Dawn doesn't have a starting Paladin/Great knight.
    ...Instead it has the really powerful Sothe.
    ..Just thinking about a "tankish thief" (Rouge.) sounds like a contradiction in my head. XD;
    I know its because of his level but...still...>3>


    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

  12. #2787
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Wonder how a unit with every breaker skill and high speed would do?
    Based on my Gerome with the three melee weapon breaker skills, quite well.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  13. #2788
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,713

    Default

    Until you try to bring a unit like that into Lunatic mode and you get raped by enemies with Hawkeye.

  14. #2789
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Old West
    Posts
    1,172

    Default

    Nah's a level 6 Dark Flier now and already has 4 of her stats capped out already. Aptitude is really feeling like a waste...I should of picked someone who could use it more.

    Level grinding has become too painful for me. I guess I'll be using her in the main story to get Gale Force and reclass her back to Manakete later.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Nothing is more powerful than friendship. Well, except a +2/+2/+2 Adamant Kyurem Black. In which case, you're done for.

  15. #2790
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Until you try to bring a unit like that into Lunatic mode and you get raped by enemies with Hawkeye.
    The Avengers are in this game?! I'm not playing on + yet but it would create some annoyance in anyone who Spot-Passes me and there's an animé convention coming up.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  16. #2791
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Old West
    Posts
    1,172

    Default

    So, what happens if I make a second tier class who has stats capped out a first tier one, then promote them to second tier again? Would the stats be lower or would they bump up to where they would be before?

    Because I noticed a certain Manakete will have 50 luck when I reclass her as a manakete...and she has the mercenary class available as well.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Nothing is more powerful than friendship. Well, except a +2/+2/+2 Adamant Kyurem Black. In which case, you're done for.

  17. #2792
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Heh, just placed Frederick on a fortress and let him do all the work for the first few levels.

    Personally, I'm probably going to be keeping Anna for a while. She's my teams only healer at the moment, and when she gets acrobat, she'll be almost as mobile as a Falcon Knight, but won't have that annoying weakness to bows. Though, I am using the Levian Swords that I'm buying from a spotpass teams...

    Edit: Did I ever mention how annoying Counter is? Because I hate it at this point...
    Oh, yeah, I forgot I had used Maribelle for healing, which wasn't as awful as I expected, since I could buy Fortify from Spotpass teams. Still, DLC training got tedious fast, but it's better than Risen skirmishes. And Counter? I HATE it on enemy warriors so much. Especially with how different it was in PoR and RD, not making me rage all the time. And to think, Lunatic+ apparently gives Snipers the skill...

    Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    So, what happens if I make a second tier class who has stats capped out a first tier one, then promote them to second tier again? Would the stats be lower or would they bump up to where they would be before?

    Because I noticed a certain Manakete will have 50 luck when I reclass her as a manakete...and she has the mercenary class available as well.
    The stats would bump back up to where they were before for the most part, which was useful for getting my Avatar Armshift in my main file. There will be changes from class to class obviously, but for the most part, they'll go back up. I don't know if I'd recommend it on Lunatic, though, unless you're willing to grind a bit, which is probably mind-numbing at this point.
    Nintendo Network Suggestions //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo



  18. #2793
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Old West
    Posts
    1,172

    Default

    The stats would bump back up to where they were before for the most part, which was useful for getting my Avatar Armshift in my main file. There will be changes from class to class obviously, but for the most part, they'll go back up. I don't know if I'd recommend it on Lunatic, though, unless you're willing to grind a bit, which is probably mind-numbing at this point.
    A little late for that....but it really did pay off in the end. She's been using the same Dragon Stone+ the entire time, and it's still at 35 point of durability. She's also just about my strongest character a the moment, but there with the Gale Force/Life Stealer Avatar.

    Anyway, I just beat chapter 25. Time to try out the final level....

    Edit: Grima's pretty much immune to everything I've got....great. How much is the bonus from Falchion? I just had Chrom paired up with someone else for most of the game, so he's a tad bit under-leveled...would it be worth level grinding to hit Grima with the Falchion(even if it's only through Dual Strikes, so someone else can take the blow)? Or maybe if I got Luna on him, then between that, the sol/luna-combo-skill whatever it's called, and Rightful King, I can hopefully put a whole in the thing.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 19th March 2013 at 8:17 AM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Nothing is more powerful than friendship. Well, except a +2/+2/+2 Adamant Kyurem Black. In which case, you're done for.

  19. #2794
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    A little late for that....but it really did pay off in the end. She's been using the same Dragon Stone+ the entire time, and it's still at 35 point of durability. She's also just about my strongest character a the moment, but there with the Gale Force/Life Stealer Avatar.

    Anyway, I just beat chapter 25. Time to try out the final level....

    Edit: Grima's pretty much immune to everything I've got....great. How much is the bonus from Falchion? I just had Chrom paired up with someone else for most of the game, so he's a tad bit under-leveled...would it be worth level grinding to hit Grima with the Falchion(even if it's only through Dual Strikes, so someone else can take the blow)? Or maybe if I got Luna on him, then between that, the sol/luna-combo-skill whatever it's called, and Rightful King, I can hopefully put a whole in the thing.
    Grima is a Dragon, you get the same bonus as you would from attacking a Wyvern Rider/Lord or Manakete. Just go at him with Lucina and Chrom, it's easy as pie.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  20. #2795
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    ...where DO I live?
    Posts
    853

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Grima is a Dragon, you get the same bonus as you would from attacking a Wyvern Rider/Lord or Manakete. Just go at him with Lucina and Chrom, it's easy as pie.
    Yeah, I noticed there was a video showing the final matchup between those two and Grima. They guy had them defeat him with, what was it, each one attacking four times one after another? Not to mention one third of them became Aethar's. How do you even get so many hits on one unit's turn!?

    ...said the nooby FE fan. There's probably a way that I don't know of yet.


        Spoiler:- Credits:

    I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

  21. #2796
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Grima is a Dragon, you get the same bonus as you would from attacking a Wyvern Rider/Lord or Manakete. Just go at him with Lucina and Chrom, it's easy as pie.
    Unless you kill Grima yourself, you're a wuss.

    Using Chrom/Lucina is the easy way out.

  22. #2797
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,844

    Default

    I just had Owain go nuts with a forged brave sword with max Mt and 3 crit. Took two turns.

    EDIT: Bride DLC is coming out Thursday, and it's $3 by itself. Makes sense for the increased price
    Last edited by Recon; 19th March 2013 at 4:05 PM.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  23. #2798
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Old West
    Posts
    1,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Grima is a Dragon, you get the same bonus as you would from attacking a Wyvern Rider/Lord or Manakete. Just go at him with Lucina and Chrom, it's easy as pie.
    I couldn't be bothered to grind too many levels, so I only had those paired up with other units for dual strikes....well, I guess it's my own fault for not planning ahead for Grima.

    Looks like I'm going to be level grinding today....but I thought Grima was only weak to Falchion? I'll have to check that out, since I remember him(or her...er, it) having a red mark for a weakness instead of a green one.

    Edit: Just checked it out. Grima is only weak to weapons with the red dragon icon. Chrom and Lucina should still get the bonus damage with their Falchions, but other weapons won't.

    Edit2: Got a new plan that will take far less grinding. King Marth, as a spot pass character, was holding the Exalted Falchion, so I decided recruit him.

    Final Edit: He's not strong enough either....I guess this means I'll have to level grind those two.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 19th March 2013 at 8:30 PM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Nothing is more powerful than friendship. Well, except a +2/+2/+2 Adamant Kyurem Black. In which case, you're done for.

  24. #2799
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Trainer X View Post
    Yeah, I noticed there was a video showing the final matchup between those two and Grima. They guy had them defeat him with, what was it, each one attacking four times one after another? Not to mention one third of them became Aethar's. How do you even get so many hits on one unit's turn!?

    ...said the nooby FE fan. There's probably a way that I don't know of yet.
    Brave weapons allow a unit to attack twice, so if you can already attack twice then you'll do four attacks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Unless you kill Grima yourself, you're a wuss.

    Using Chrom/Lucina is the easy way out.
    No, it's the fastest way. Pretty sure I killed him with Donnel or something, whoever was closest. Doesn't really matter to me, what's dead is dead.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    I couldn't be bothered to grind too many levels, so I only had those paired up with other units for dual strikes....well, I guess it's my own fault for not planning ahead for Grima.

    Looks like I'm going to be level grinding today....but I thought Grima was only weak to Falchion? I'll have to check that out, since I remember him(or her...er, it) having a red mark for a weakness instead of a green one.

    Edit: Just checked it out. Grima is only weak to weapons with the red dragon icon. Chrom and Lucina should still get the bonus damage with their Falchions, but other weapons won't.

    Edit2: Got a new plan that will take far less grinding. King Marth, as a spot pass character, was holding the Exalted Falchion, so I decided recruit him.

    Final Edit: He's not strong enough either....I guess this means I'll have to level grind those two.
    They will definitely need to be levelled up, preferably with their stats capped, especially on Lunatic.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  25. #2800
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Old West
    Posts
    1,172

    Default

    Okay, level grinding them will just take far too long.

    Morgan is a level 2 Great Knight with capped skill at the moment. Perhaps if he had a forged brave and Luna....I may want to get him to level 10 so I can make him something faster to hit 4 times, though.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Nothing is more powerful than friendship. Well, except a +2/+2/+2 Adamant Kyurem Black. In which case, you're done for.

Page 112 of 219 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •