Page 113 of 223 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163213 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 5554

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

How high of a level should I be to

Spoiler:- spoylurr:

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    How high of a level should I be to

Spoiler:- spoylurr:
    If you're playing on Normal then you'll be absolutely fine.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

So, I had Morgan as a paladin with 41 speed, who was paired up with Lucina, who bumped that up to 50. Grima's speed was 45....yet, when I used the brave lance, Morgan only hit twice.

So does the boost form being paired up with someone not count in the extra hit? I thought ahead didn't save his change to Paladin, so I can still make him a Swordsmaster or something...

Edit: Oh, and Dragon Skin means that Luna won't kill Grima anyway. Ugh....I have no ideas left. Looks like I'll have to grind Lucina and Chrom. This really sucks...a lot.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 20th March 2013 at 3:24 AM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Magnemite used Sonic Boom! Magnemite glitched through the wall! It's super effective! Lyric fainted!

Just finished the game for the first time on Normal Classic, and.. wow. This game was ****ing incredible.

Ended up pairing Maribelle x Henry, Sumia x Chrom, MU x Lucina, Frederick x Cherche, Lon'qu x Lissa and Donnel x Nowi. Frederick and Cherche was an awful pairing, I didn't end up recruiting Brady and Owain had gimped stats mainly because RNG screwed over both Lon'qu and Lissa from the get-go but other than that, it went pretty well. Ended up at just under 40 hours counting resets.

Totally worth the 200 dollars I spent for the bundle.

So does anyone know if you can purchase the soundtrack outside of Japan yet? And what are the best pairings for a Hard run? I'm going Donnel x Nowi and MU x Lucina again, and I know Chrom x Olivia is the best but other than that I'm clueless.

Chrom/Olivia is the best?
    Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    Just finished the game for the first time on Normal Classic, and.. wow. This game was ****ing incredible.

Ended up pairing Maribelle x Henry, Sumia x Chrom, MU x Lucina, Frederick x Cherche, Lon'qu x Lissa and Donnel x Nowi. Frederick and Cherche was an awful pairing, I didn't end up recruiting Brady and Owain had gimped stats mainly because RNG screwed over both Lon'qu and Lissa from the get-go but other than that, it went pretty well. Ended up at just under 40 hours counting resets.

Totally worth the 200 dollars I spent for the bundle.

So does anyone know if you can purchase the soundtrack outside of Japan yet? And what are the best pairings for a Hard run? I'm going Donnel x Nowi and MU x Lucina again, and I know Chrom x Olivia is the best but other than that I'm clueless.
    Don't waste Donnel on Nah, use him for Owain.

As for the soundtrack, it's not even available in Japan yet, and I doubt it will every be released outside of Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Really?
    Yeah, Olivia offers the best stats for Lucina.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I think ChromxFeMU is actually the best statswise, but yeah, ChromxOlivia is next.

And you can order the soundtrack on cdjapan.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    I think ChromxFeMU is actually the best statswise, but yeah, ChromxOlivia is next.

The Avatar grants one greater defence and resistance, but Olivia as her mother offers higher stats everywhere else, not that one or two points makes a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Really?
    Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post

IIRC if you pair up Chrom and Olivia then make Olivia a Pegasus Knight and grind her to a level 15 Dark Flier, Lucina gets Galeforce and Aether and you can give Owain Rightful King.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Don't waste Donnel on Nah, use him for Owain.

As for the soundtrack, it's not even available in Japan yet, and I doubt it will every be released outside of Japan.

I think the 5-disk version gets released in Japan today, but I wanted to save my money so that if it was already imported on a smaller scale then I would just buy that.

And I heard Donnel gimps Owain's stats pretty badly, I passed down Aptitude to Nah and she was pretty ridiculous by the end of the game.

Agreed, Olivia is my most powerful unit right now just to give Lucina Lethality....

Also, I have Rikken as Severa's father (Male Avatar last run).... I'm giving Cherche Donnel on this run... Noire is going to be a killer, with both Ignis and Vengance, and from experience her incredible high Skill (She use to activate Vengence every single turn on my fist play through), she's going to be a killer...

My humanity will corrode away... Until I'm just a monster...

Credit to EG for Banner.

IIRC if you pair up Chrom and Olivia then make Olivia a Pegasus Knight and grind her to a level 15 Dark Flier, Lucina gets Galeforce and Aether and you can give Owain Rightful King.

I think the 5-disk version gets released in Japan today, but I wanted to save my money so that if it was already imported on a smaller scale then I would just buy that.

And I heard Donnel gimps Owain's stats pretty badly, I passed down Aptitude to Nah and she was pretty ridiculous by the end of the game.
    Off by a week. The full soundtrack isn't getting released until March 27.

Far from it, Donnel offers some of the best stats, he's one of the best units.

No need to grind, Lucina can get Galeforce on her own, and you can pass down Luck +4 instead, not the best skill, but the only way she can get it.
    Last edited by Hydrohs; 20th March 2013 at 4:11 AM.

Far from it, Donnel offers some of the best stats, he's one of the best units.

No need to grind, Lucina can get Galeforce on her own, and you can pass down Luck +4 instead, not the best skill, but the only way she can get it.
    I was told that Donnel as a father absolutely gimps your kid's stats, but oh well.

And to get Galeforce Lucina has to go Pegasus Knight > Dark Flier anyway, right?

If he gimps the kid's stats I'm intensely curious how high Noire could go because she's one of my best units and has pretty high caps it seems

I was told that Donnel as a father absolutely gimps your kid's stats, but oh well.
    Someone lied to you.

And to get Galeforce Lucina has to go Pegasus Knight > Dark Flier anyway, right?
    Yes, but it's easier to have her do it herself then trying to get Olivia Galeforce in a single chapter anyway.

Someone lied to you.

Yes, but it's easier to have her do it herself then trying to get Olivia Galeforce in a single chapter anyway.
    ****, I figured I shouldn't have listened to /v/.

And I can pass down Galeforce to Inigo too if Olivia gets it.

I gave Nah aptitude, and I actually kind of regret it. She leveled up so fast anyway it felt like a waste to me....

Well, not so quickly when she spent time as a Dark Flier, but as a Manakete it was pretty quick.
    Magnemite used Sonic Boom! Magnemite glitched through the wall! It's super effective! Lyric fainted!

And I can pass down Galeforce to Inigo too if Olivia gets it.
    Yeah, you've got plenty of time for that though, since you can choose when to recruit Inigo.

It really is better to get Galeforce on Olivia. That way you don't have to grind to get it for Inigo, which you should probably be doing anyway, and grinding one unit to Galeforce to get it on three is better than grinding two units to Galeforce to get it on two.

Just beat Lunatic mode without even having to level grind. In only like three turns as well.

I decided to make Morgan a Swordmaster with a forged Killing Edge. Between that and Luna, he managed to bring Grima down to 7 HP before falling, and he/she/it was easily finished by Nah, who could do 8 damage.

...Anyway, I'm probably not going to try Lunatic+. That seems like a waste of time grinding to me. So I guess I have nothing else to do with this game....back to Kid Icarus and Pokemon it is.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 20th March 2013 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Just beat Lunatic mode without even having to level grind. In only like three turns as well.

I decided to make Morgan a Swordmaster with a forged Killing Edge. Between that and Luna, he managed to bring Grima down to 7 HP before falling, and he/she/it was easily finished by Nah, who could do 8 damage.

...Anyway, I'm probably not going to try Lunatic+. That seems like a waste of time grinding to me. So I guess I have nothing else to do with this game....back to Kid Icarus and Pokemon it is.
    Awww come on, put some more time in than just one playthrough. Go through again, experiment with different pairs and skills. Use the DLC to your advantage and see what sort of teams you can come up with.

Im probably a few days to a week, maybe 2 weeks tops, whats the best asset/flaw for a grandmaster? Id like him to make use of both swords and tombs, and will probably switch classes to get skills.
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    Im probably a few days to a week, maybe 2 weeks tops, whats the best asset/flaw for a grandmaster? Id like him to make use of both swords and tombs, and will probably switch classes to get skills.
    I'm quite happy with my +Speed/-Luck Avatar. I've got enough Luck to make Armsthrift incredibly useful.

Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    I went with +Speed/-HP. Never really missed those extra few points of HP.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

I went for +Magic/-Luck, just because I'm new at this and I have no clue what luck does. And I like throwing fire balls at people.

Page 113 of 223 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163213 ... LastLast