Page 113 of 223 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163213 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 5554

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

  1. #2801
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Home I'll never know
    Posts
    9,886

    Default

    How high of a level should I be to

        Spoiler:- spoylurr:

  2. #2802
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    How high of a level should I be to

        Spoiler:- spoylurr:
    If you're playing on Normal then you'll be absolutely fine.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  3. #2803
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Old West
    Posts
    1,341

    Default

    So, I had Morgan as a paladin with 41 speed, who was paired up with Lucina, who bumped that up to 50. Grima's speed was 45....yet, when I used the brave lance, Morgan only hit twice.

    So does the boost form being paired up with someone not count in the extra hit? I thought ahead didn't save his change to Paladin, so I can still make him a Swordsmaster or something...

    Edit: Oh, and Dragon Skin means that Luna won't kill Grima anyway. Ugh....I have no ideas left. Looks like I'll have to grind Lucina and Chrom. This really sucks...a lot.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 20th March 2013 at 3:24 AM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Magnemite used Sonic Boom! Magnemite glitched through the wall! It's super effective! Lyric fainted!

  4. #2804
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Far from human
    Posts
    1,496

    Default

    Just finished the game for the first time on Normal Classic, and.. wow. This game was ****ing incredible.

    Ended up pairing Maribelle x Henry, Sumia x Chrom, MU x Lucina, Frederick x Cherche, Lon'qu x Lissa and Donnel x Nowi. Frederick and Cherche was an awful pairing, I didn't end up recruiting Brady and Owain had gimped stats mainly because RNG screwed over both Lon'qu and Lissa from the get-go but other than that, it went pretty well. Ended up at just under 40 hours counting resets.

    Totally worth the 200 dollars I spent for the bundle.

    So does anyone know if you can purchase the soundtrack outside of Japan yet? And what are the best pairings for a Hard run? I'm going Donnel x Nowi and MU x Lucina again, and I know Chrom x Olivia is the best but other than that I'm clueless.

  5. #2805
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,901

    Default

    Chrom/Olivia is the best?
    Really?

  6. #2806
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    Just finished the game for the first time on Normal Classic, and.. wow. This game was ****ing incredible.

    Ended up pairing Maribelle x Henry, Sumia x Chrom, MU x Lucina, Frederick x Cherche, Lon'qu x Lissa and Donnel x Nowi. Frederick and Cherche was an awful pairing, I didn't end up recruiting Brady and Owain had gimped stats mainly because RNG screwed over both Lon'qu and Lissa from the get-go but other than that, it went pretty well. Ended up at just under 40 hours counting resets.

    Totally worth the 200 dollars I spent for the bundle.

    So does anyone know if you can purchase the soundtrack outside of Japan yet? And what are the best pairings for a Hard run? I'm going Donnel x Nowi and MU x Lucina again, and I know Chrom x Olivia is the best but other than that I'm clueless.
    Don't waste Donnel on Nah, use him for Owain.

    As for the soundtrack, it's not even available in Japan yet, and I doubt it will every be released outside of Japan.

    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Chrom/Olivia is the best?
    Really?
    Yeah, Olivia offers the best stats for Lucina.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  7. #2807
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Unova
    Posts
    695

    Default

    I think ChromxFeMU is actually the best statswise, but yeah, ChromxOlivia is next.

    And you can order the soundtrack on cdjapan.com.

  8. #2808
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    I think ChromxFeMU is actually the best statswise, but yeah, ChromxOlivia is next.

    And you can order the soundtrack on cdjapan.com.
    The Avatar grants one greater defence and resistance, but Olivia as her mother offers higher stats everywhere else, not that one or two points makes a huge difference.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  9. #2809
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Far from human
    Posts
    1,496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Chrom/Olivia is the best?
    Really?
    Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    I think ChromxFeMU is actually the best statswise, but yeah, ChromxOlivia is next.

    And you can order the soundtrack on cdjapan.com.
    IIRC if you pair up Chrom and Olivia then make Olivia a Pegasus Knight and grind her to a level 15 Dark Flier, Lucina gets Galeforce and Aether and you can give Owain Rightful King.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Don't waste Donnel on Nah, use him for Owain.

    As for the soundtrack, it's not even available in Japan yet, and I doubt it will every be released outside of Japan.

    Yeah, Olivia offers the best stats for Lucina.
    I think the 5-disk version gets released in Japan today, but I wanted to save my money so that if it was already imported on a smaller scale then I would just buy that.

    And I heard Donnel gimps Owain's stats pretty badly, I passed down Aptitude to Nah and she was pretty ridiculous by the end of the game.

  10. #2810
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    2,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Yeah, Olivia offers the best stats for Lucina.

    Agreed, Olivia is my most powerful unit right now just to give Lucina Lethality....


    Also, I have Rikken as Severa's father (Male Avatar last run).... I'm giving Cherche Donnel on this run... Noire is going to be a killer, with both Ignis and Vengance, and from experience her incredible high Skill (She use to activate Vengence every single turn on my fist play through), she's going to be a killer...

    My humanity will corrode away... Until I'm just a monster...

    Credit to EG for Banner.

  11. #2811
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Unova
    Posts
    695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    IIRC if you pair up Chrom and Olivia then make Olivia a Pegasus Knight and grind her to a level 15 Dark Flier, Lucina gets Galeforce and Aether and you can give Owain Rightful King.

    I think the 5-disk version gets released in Japan today, but I wanted to save my money so that if it was already imported on a smaller scale then I would just buy that.

    And I heard Donnel gimps Owain's stats pretty badly, I passed down Aptitude to Nah and she was pretty ridiculous by the end of the game.
    Off by a week. The full soundtrack isn't getting released until March 27.

  12. #2812
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    IIRC if you pair up Chrom and Olivia then make Olivia a Pegasus Knight and grind her to a level 15 Dark Flier, Lucina gets Galeforce and Aether and you can give Owain Rightful King.

    I think the 5-disk version gets released in Japan today, but I wanted to save my money so that if it was already imported on a smaller scale then I would just buy that.

    And I heard Donnel gimps Owain's stats pretty badly, I passed down Aptitude to Nah and she was pretty ridiculous by the end of the game.
    Far from it, Donnel offers some of the best stats, he's one of the best units.

    Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    IIRC if you pair up Chrom and Olivia then make Olivia a Pegasus Knight and grind her to a level 15 Dark Flier, Lucina gets Galeforce and Aether and you can give Owain Rightful King.

    I think the 5-disk version gets released in Japan today, but I wanted to save my money so that if it was already imported on a smaller scale then I would just buy that.

    And I heard Donnel gimps Owain's stats pretty badly, I passed down Aptitude to Nah and she was pretty ridiculous by the end of the game.
    No need to grind, Lucina can get Galeforce on her own, and you can pass down Luck +4 instead, not the best skill, but the only way she can get it.
    Last edited by Hydrohs; 20th March 2013 at 4:11 AM.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  13. #2813
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Far from human
    Posts
    1,496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Far from it, Donnel offers some of the best stats, he's one of the best units.



    No need to grind, Lucina can get Galeforce on her own, and you can pass down Luck +4 instead, not the best skill, but the only way she can get it.
    I was told that Donnel as a father absolutely gimps your kid's stats, but oh well.

    And to get Galeforce Lucina has to go Pegasus Knight > Dark Flier anyway, right?

  14. #2814
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,901

    Default

    If he gimps the kid's stats I'm intensely curious how high Noire could go because she's one of my best units and has pretty high caps it seems

  15. #2815
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    I was told that Donnel as a father absolutely gimps your kid's stats, but oh well.
    Someone lied to you.

    And to get Galeforce Lucina has to go Pegasus Knight > Dark Flier anyway, right?
    Yes, but it's easier to have her do it herself then trying to get Olivia Galeforce in a single chapter anyway.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  16. #2816
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Far from human
    Posts
    1,496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Someone lied to you.



    Yes, but it's easier to have her do it herself then trying to get Olivia Galeforce in a single chapter anyway.
    ****, I figured I shouldn't have listened to /v/.

    And I can pass down Galeforce to Inigo too if Olivia gets it.

  17. #2817
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Old West
    Posts
    1,341

    Default

    I gave Nah aptitude, and I actually kind of regret it. She leveled up so fast anyway it felt like a waste to me....

    Well, not so quickly when she spent time as a Dark Flier, but as a Manakete it was pretty quick.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Magnemite used Sonic Boom! Magnemite glitched through the wall! It's super effective! Lyric fainted!

  18. #2818
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    ****, I figured I shouldn't have listened to /v/.

    And I can pass down Galeforce to Inigo too if Olivia gets it.
    Yeah, you've got plenty of time for that though, since you can choose when to recruit Inigo.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  19. #2819
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    ****, I figured I shouldn't have listened to /v/.
    It really is better to get Galeforce on Olivia. That way you don't have to grind to get it for Inigo, which you should probably be doing anyway, and grinding one unit to Galeforce to get it on three is better than grinding two units to Galeforce to get it on two.

  20. #2820
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Old West
    Posts
    1,341

    Default

    Just beat Lunatic mode without even having to level grind. In only like three turns as well.

    I decided to make Morgan a Swordmaster with a forged Killing Edge. Between that and Luna, he managed to bring Grima down to 7 HP before falling, and he/she/it was easily finished by Nah, who could do 8 damage.

    ...Anyway, I'm probably not going to try Lunatic+. That seems like a waste of time grinding to me. So I guess I have nothing else to do with this game....back to Kid Icarus and Pokemon it is.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 20th March 2013 at 11:34 PM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Magnemite used Sonic Boom! Magnemite glitched through the wall! It's super effective! Lyric fainted!

  21. #2821
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Just beat Lunatic mode without even having to level grind. In only like three turns as well.

    I decided to make Morgan a Swordmaster with a forged Killing Edge. Between that and Luna, he managed to bring Grima down to 7 HP before falling, and he/she/it was easily finished by Nah, who could do 8 damage.

    ...Anyway, I'm probably not going to try Lunatic+. That seems like a waste of time grinding to me. So I guess I have nothing else to do with this game....back to Kid Icarus and Pokemon it is.
    Awww come on, put some more time in than just one playthrough. Go through again, experiment with different pairs and skills. Use the DLC to your advantage and see what sort of teams you can come up with.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  22. #2822
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Idols
    Posts
    1,058

    Default

    Im probably a few days to a week, maybe 2 weeks tops, whats the best asset/flaw for a grandmaster? Id like him to make use of both swords and tombs, and will probably switch classes to get skills.
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

  23. #2823
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    Im probably a few days to a week, maybe 2 weeks tops, whats the best asset/flaw for a grandmaster? Id like him to make use of both swords and tombs, and will probably switch classes to get skills.
    I'm quite happy with my +Speed/-Luck Avatar. I've got enough Luck to make Armsthrift incredibly useful.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  24. #2824
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,567

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    Im probably a few days to a week, maybe 2 weeks tops, whats the best asset/flaw for a grandmaster? Id like him to make use of both swords and tombs, and will probably switch classes to get skills.
    I went with +Speed/-HP. Never really missed those extra few points of HP.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

  25. #2825
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Old West
    Posts
    1,341

    Default

    I went for +Magic/-Luck, just because I'm new at this and I have no clue what luck does. And I like throwing fire balls at people.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Magnemite used Sonic Boom! Magnemite glitched through the wall! It's super effective! Lyric fainted!

Page 113 of 223 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •