Page 115 of 207 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,875 of 5164

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

Someone with a good balance of magic and strength might work. The Avatar, Anna, and Morgan are the first that come to mind. Maybe Cynthia.
    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Depends. What stat modifiers did you give your avatar at the start? From there is where you should go on picking your spouse.
    I think they mean the bride class you get from DLC.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 50 Points
    I need to finish Bravely Default, Mega Man 2, my Pokemon Emerald Nuzloche, and the entire Metroid Prime Trilogy, and I want to do all of this by October 3rd.
    Since when did playing video require so much schedule management?

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Someone with a good balance of magic and strength might work. The Avatar, Anna, and Morgan are the first that come to mind. Maybe Cynthia.I think they mean the bride class you get from DLC.
    0__0

Oh, totally forgot about that. Curse you marriage system!
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Depends. What stat modifiers did you give your avatar at the start? From there is where you should go on picking your spouse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Someone with a good balance of magic and strength might work. The Avatar, Anna, and Morgan are the first that come to mind. Maybe Cynthia.
    Depending on who your Avatar's children are they could be a good choice. In my case I've got both Noire and Morgan that would make decent choices.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Anyone know who would make a good Bride?

I was going to turn Maribelle into one but she thrives on magic so Valkerie is made for her.
    Anyone who would make a good bride would make a better War Cleric.

Why they gave the Bride class no weapon type with a 1~2 range Magic weapon I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Anyone who would make a good bride would make a better War Cleric.

Why they gave the Bride class no weapon type with a 1~2 range Magic weapon I have no idea.
    I dunno, they're pretty close stat-wise, a negligible difference really. But the Bride has more weapon choices.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Bows are worthless and there's no 1~2 range Magic Lance. War Cleric > Bride.

I'm actually enjoying FM:A.
    First time I've ever played a game in the series. Too bad I suck at it.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    "Diancie is a good Pokemon because it can take a Water Pulse from Siebold's Clawitzer, so everyone stop whining about it." Some casual player on Miiverse 2014.

I was going to say "But, wait, what about the Shock Stick?!"
    But it's only one range because ???????

Anyway I made Morgan a Bride. She's not too bad at it, switching actually gave her a pretty good Strength push and she's been getting it every level.
    It's a shame we don't know the Growth rates for any of the DLC (or spotpass) characters & classes

Considering the small difference between the Strength and Magic stats, it's not really a big deal to need a long ranged magic weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    I'm actually enjoying FM:A.
    First time I've ever played a game in the series. Too bad I suck at it.
    I think you mean FE:A... FMA is very different.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Considering the small difference between the Strength and Magic stats, it's not really a big deal to need a long ranged magic weapon.

I think you mean FE:A... FMA is very different.
    Is there a Full Metal for the 3DS? Haha if so, then please tell me.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    "Diancie is a good Pokemon because it can take a Water Pulse from Siebold's Clawitzer, so everyone stop whining about it." Some casual player on Miiverse 2014.

Okay, I need to get this off my chest, does anyone else miss the magic triangle?

Like Apples to Apples? Like Pokemon? The you'll love Apples to Apples: Pokestyle!

Pokemon Drama Island - Episode 4: Extreme Makeover: Pokemon Home Edition
    My popular story from FF.net has come to the forums! Joy!
    34 Pokemon come arrive to an island to take part in a reality show that could get them rich and famous! However, can they survive the harsh gauntlet of challenges up ahead?

Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    Okay, I need to get this off my chest, does anyone else miss the magic triangle?
    YES! Oh gods, I thought I was the only one, since no one else so much as mentioned it.

Though do you mean like Rekka no Ken with Light > Dark > Anima > Light, or like PoR with Fire > Wind > Thunder > Fire? Personally I prefer Light-Dark-Anima (though I heard they had both in RD, which I've never played), but magic just feels so... basic in Awakening without the Trinity. I mean, they have Dark Magic... and Fire/Wind/Thunder, but no trinity. It seems kind of counter-intuitive, since all of the pieces are there.

And I wouldn't mind having Light Magic in the game, since it would add much needed variety to Magic, imo.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    Is there a Full Metal for the 3DS? Haha if so, then please tell me.
    It wouldn't surprise me, but I'm not going to go looking. Even if it does exist it would probably suck.

Absolutely not.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    YES! Oh gods, I thought I was the only one, since no one else so much as mentioned it.

Though do you mean like Rekka no Ken with Light > Dark > Anima > Light, or like PoR with Fire > Wind > Thunder > Fire? Personally I prefer Light-Dark-Anima (though I heard they had both in RD, which I've never played), but magic just feels so... basic in Awakening without the Trinity. I mean, they have Dark Magic... and Fire/Wind/Thunder, but no trinity. It seems kind of counter-intuitive, since all of the pieces are there.

And I wouldn't mind having Light Magic in the game, since it would add much needed variety to Magic, imo.
    Of the two I prefer the Light > Dark > Anima triangle, it makes more sense. I don't know some triangle wasn't included in the first place, it really does make magic seem boring.

IMO, either one would have worked fine, heck we could still use both of the RD triangles. Light magic could be used by Valkyries instead of Anima, and War Monks/Clerics could add it to their arsenal, and brides could just replace lances with Light magic (that way we won't have the problem with barely using the magic stat and it makes sense logically). I guess you could say in that case War Clerics/Monks would be the new Bishops, just with an extra axe. They could also get the Slayer skill, which deals extra damage to Risen, instead of Renewal or Rally Luck.
    Last edited by Recon; 23rd March 2013 at 11:47 PM.

Like Apples to Apples? Like Pokemon? The you'll love Apples to Apples: Pokestyle!

34 Pokemon come arrive to an island to take part in a reality show that could get them rich and famous! However, can they survive the harsh gauntlet of challenges up ahead?

Light Magic could have been added easily. The Book of Naga always seemed like it should be Light Magic to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Light Magic could have been added easily. The Book of Naga always seemed like it should be Light Magic to me.
    Yeah, though I'd say Wind is the closest thing to Light, of the three Anima types. But if I'm taking a look at things correctly, isn't the Book of Naga supposed to be the Naga tome Julia uses from FE4? I know this page says the Book of Naga originates from Jugdral, though I've never used the tome myself(lack of DLC), so I can't judge myself.

EDIT: Nevermind, it appears that Julia's Spotpass team has her equipped with the Book of Naga, so it should be the same one. So it's no surprise it would fit better as Light Magic.
    Last edited by Psynergy; 24th March 2013 at 1:08 AM.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Dunsparce!

I've played
    FE:PoR
    FE:RD
    FE:SD
    and
    FE:SS
    Radiant Dawn out of the four is by far my favorite. I love Ilyana! xD
    Anyways I am borrowing Sacred Stones from a friend and I am working on that still. Eirika and Colm are one of my favorites in that game.
    And as for Awakening. I'm trying to buy that, but my family is tight on money. Sobs

There was also ice magic, but that was short lived, as it was a GBA sort of thing. Ice magic pratically blended with wind magic in PoR as far as I understand it.

Cipher sent us to hell - but we're going even deeper - take back every Pokemon that we've lost!
    Wakin, I'm already a demon...
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

I enjoyed the magic triangle, it's what made each magic user unique, but now if you can wield Dark magic you can wield all magic. If Dark users count all tomes as "Tomes" then all other magic users should be able to wield dark tomes too.

I would take away the Sage's ability to use Light magic though since it esentially made them better Bishops (which seem to have been replaced with War Monks anyways)
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

I wonder why Dark Mages can even wield all the magics. Once you have access to Dark magic there's really no reason to use anything else, especially if you have enough funds to forge up the accuracy.

Since Criticals don't miss iirc a forged Waste with 50 in CRIT and the Might boosted should sweep. And support bonuses in Acc also help.
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    Since Criticals don't miss iirc a forged Waste with 50 in CRIT and the Might boosted should sweep. And support bonuses in Acc also help.
    crits can miss, in my experience. It happened in my favor once
    same with activated abilities

The only Dark Magic that's useful is Nosferatu and Mire, as the former restores HP while the latter is the only long-distance magic in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I wonder why Dark Mages can even wield all the magics. Once you have access to Dark magic there's really no reason to use anything else, especially if you have enough funds to forge up the accuracy.
    Wind magic can be nice to damage a pegasus or two.
    The only Dark Magic that's useful is Nosferatu and Mire, as the former restores HP while the latter is the only long-distance magic in the game.
    I found ruin to be good, but a tad bit unreliable at times, it should usually crit if you hit twice.

And at least from my experience, waste is really, really good. At least at the point of the game I used it. My sorcerer had been reclassed one they hit level 15...
    Venemo Oscuridad - 50 Points
    I need to finish Bravely Default, Mega Man 2, my Pokemon Emerald Nuzloche, and the entire Metroid Prime Trilogy, and I want to do all of this by October 3rd.
    Since when did playing video require so much schedule management?

I'm really upset that it is, too. One of the best things about magic is the few tomes that have the 10 tile range.

Page 115 of 207 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165 ... LastLast