Page 116 of 223 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166216 ... LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 5570

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

I miss my Bolting, and I liked Eclipse's GBA animation with the slashing mini nova thing.

I always run Waste & Nosferatu on my sorcerers
    Brave weaponry is my jam

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I always run Waste & Nosferatu on my sorcerers
    Brave weaponry is my jam
    Brave Weapons should be everyone's jam.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I went into Awakening thinking the magic triangle still existed. Yeah, I wish it were still there. Fix with an update? I doubt it but I can still dream. As for which one? Fire-Wind-Thunder.

Mmm...Dark Magic...usually my Dark Mage (Laurent) has 3 Adversia's Nights (maxed in strength and the rest forged into accuracy). Never been able to get my hands on Mire, can you even?

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Brave Weapons should be everyone's jam.
    feels unwanted

Anyways, for my Lunatic file anyone have a guide of which stat bonus each of the males give to their children?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I really can't bring myself to care about the lack of a magic triangle. Most of the time I'm not bothering with attacking mages with mages (& the AI would likely favor resistance-weak units) so it'd never really come up.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Never been able to get my hands on Mire, can you even?
    You can buy as many as you want by repeatedly summoning Gharnef.
    Shinies: (x2) (x2)
    Shinies are Not For Trade
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hidden Ability Pokemon:     Spoiler:- Click:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    I went into Awakening thinking the magic triangle still existed. Yeah, I wish it were still there. Fix with an update? I doubt it but I can still dream. As for which one? Fire-Wind-Thunder.

Mmm...Dark Magic...usually my Dark Mage (Laurent) has 3 Adversia's Nights (maxed in strength and the rest forged into accuracy). Never been able to get my hands on Mire, can you even?

feels unwanted

Anyways, for my Lunatic file anyone have a guide of which stat bonus each of the males give to their children?
    Serenes Forest has all of this information.

I really can't bring myself to care about the lack of a magic triangle. Most of the time I'm not bothering with attacking mages with mages (& the AI would likely favor resistance-weak units) so it'd never really come up.
    I typically send mages after mahes myself, because they're most likely to take the least damage. Even so, it's nice to have that depth there.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Mire is also available from a very late game shop. Think it's after Chapter 23, even.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Mire is also available from a very late game shop. Think it's after Chapter 23, even.
    none of the shops carry it. It's one of the possible items from Anna if she spawns on Chapter 21, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    Okay, I need to get this off my chest, does anyone else miss the magic triangle?
    Wait, there used to be a magic triangle?

I guess that explains all the virtually-identical tomes in this game, functionality-wise. I get the whole "Wind is Surf, Thunder is Hydro Pump, Fire is in between" thing (yes, I do think about everything in terms of Pokemon), but besides Wind also being SE on fliers, I wasn't really sure why each level of magic had three different weapons that functioned exactly the same (four, counting dark magic).

Still, I'm not sure how that'd work. As is, there're only five regular promoted classes capable of using tomes (plus Grandmaster and Dread Fighter, but one's exclusive and the other's DLC), and those classes already kinda have niches cut out for themselves. As nice as it would be for there to be an actual difference between the magics, it would get kinda annoying to have to use one of one or two specific classes just to get an advantage over one or two specific other classes. At least with the regular weapon triangle, there are enough users of each kind of weapon that it's never an issue, but tomes already have something of a limited userbase, and splitting it another three or four ways seems needlessly complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    I enjoyed the magic triangle, it's what made each magic user unique, but now if you can wield Dark magic you can wield all magic. If Dark users count all tomes as "Tomes" then all other magic users should be able to wield dark tomes too.
    I think Dark Mages/Sorcerers get access to dark magic because unlike the other magically-oriented classes, they don't have a secondary weapon type to fall back on. Same as how Archers/Snipers get access to Longbows because bows are all they can use, or how Swordmasters get to play with the Amatsu and Sol Katti instead of bows like Assassins.

which calls into question what Griffon Riders and Berserkers get but w/e

Just got Olivia to pass Galeforce to Lucina. My experience with her so far has been, grindy, at least in this playthrough.
    I have claimed Joltik. Deal with it.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5412 9894 6875
    XL Friend Code: 0189-9263-9995
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.
    You're getting streetpasses at a farmer's market. That's proof enough.
    Dream Address: 5100-2145-7596

Does anyone else forget that the Barbarian & Berserker are even classes or is it just me

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Still, I'm not sure how that'd work. As is, there're only five regular promoted classes capable of using tomes (plus Grandmaster and Dread Fighter, but one's exclusive and the other's DLC), and those classes already kinda have niches cut out for themselves. As nice as it would be for there to be an actual difference between the magics, it would get kinda annoying to have to use one of one or two specific classes just to get an advantage over one or two specific other classes. At least with the regular weapon triangle, there are enough users of each kind of weapon that it's never an issue, but tomes already have something of a limited userbase, and splitting it another three or four ways seems needlessly complicated.
    It's a strategy game, it adds another layer of complexity that you have to account for.

Does anyone else forget that the Barbarian & Berserker are even classes or is it just me
    Nah, I use them. Gotta get Axefaire.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Wait, there used to be a magic triangle?

I guess that explains all the virtually-identical tomes in this game, functionality-wise. I get the whole "Wind is Surf, Thunder is Hydro Pump, Fire is in between" thing (yes, I do think about everything in terms of Pokemon), but besides Wind also being SE on fliers, I wasn't really sure why each level of magic had three different weapons that functioned exactly the same (four, counting dark magic).

Right, you're new to the series, well lemme explain then. Back in the days before Path of Radience, Magic was split into Light, Anima and Dark Magic. Anima was effective against Light, Dark was effective against Anima, and Light was effective against Dark. There were specific classes for each magic user, Mages usually wielded Anima, Monks had Light, and Shamans had darkness. Clerics, Troubadours and Priests strictly resorted to staves. Promoted classes could eventually wield multiple types of tomes and even staves. Sages used Light, Anima and staves, Mage Knights were mounted units and had Anima and staves, Bishops had Light and Staves, and Valkyries were mounted units that had light and staves, and Druids had Dark and Anima magic. Much like your fire, wind and thunder magic analogy, Dark magic was inaccurate but powerful with many bonus effects as shown with Nosferatu. Light Magic was usually the weakest but the most accurate out of the three, while Anima magic sat right in between. Each had more powerful versions and some in-game swords had these magic properties imbued within them.

In Path of Radience, a new triangle was introduced whilst removing the old one, the Anima magic triangle. Anima Magic was split into three groups, Fire, Wind and Lightning (Thunder is a sound, not the electricity!). Not only was one effetive against the other, but due to use of the Laguz units in the series, using a certain type of Tome did bonus damage to certain type of Laguz. All mages were capable of using each type of Anima magic, giving less variability. Plus, there was only one unit in the entirety of the game that could use Light Magic. In Radiant Dawn, the original magic triangle was reintroduced alongside the anima magic triangle. However, few characters utilized these other types of magic. For example, there are only 2 characters in the whole game of Radiant Dawn that could use Dark Magic, and could only be recruited on the second play through of the game. Light Magic is similar as among all the mages you can recruit, there are only 5 of which that utilize Light Magic, two of them appearing extremely late.

After writing this, I realized that magic is getting nerfed ever so slowly, which kind of makes me sad. If there was one thing the could bring back, it should be the Magic Triangle.
    Last edited by Recon; 24th March 2013 at 10:04 PM.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    After writing this, I realized that magic is getting nerfed ever so slowly, which kind of makes me sad. If there was one thing the could bring back, it should be the Magic Triangle.
    You never it now, we might see it make a comeback. I really did enjoy using magic users in previous games. I've found in Awakening, though, that a lot of the mages don't really have very high resistance, which is weird.

Considering the large amount of magic in SMT games I wouldn't be surprised to see some variant of it in SMTxFE

Considering the large amount of magic in SMT games I wouldn't be surprised to see some variant of it in SMTxFE
    Still incredibly curious how that game is going to work. I hope we get some info soon.

Serenes Forest has all of this information.
    Thank you.

none of the shops carry it. It's one of the possible items from Anna if she spawns on Chapter 21, though.
    Thank you.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Man chapter 6 must be the wake up call chapter, **** got real fast.

Also
        Spoiler:- spoilers:
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

I'll spoiler this since there could still be people who haven't gotten this far.

Spoiler:- Spotpass Chapters:

I'll spoiler this since there could still be people who haven't gotten this far.

You are absolutely correct in the last point, especially since

Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    You are absolutely correct in the last point, especially since

How could there possible be people who don't know about her...?

How could there possible be people who don't know about her...?
    On the map, the chapter takes place on a random island in the sea. Sure they may have heard of her, but when she doesn't remember her own name, and they hadn't necessarily seen her with their own eyes before, then that would probably be the reason.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    On the map, the chapter takes place on a random island in the sea. Sure they may have heard of her, but when she doesn't remember her own name, and they hadn't necessarily seen her with their own eyes before, then that would probably be the reason.
    BUT WHAT ABOUT THE INTERNET!? I kid. There's always the matter of Cynthia's chapter as well, and how Frederick is going to distribute portraits of Chrom around the world, I'd like to see that.

Bear in mind with Paralogue 20 also

Spoiler:- meh:

Page 116 of 223 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166216 ... LastLast