Page 117 of 223 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167217 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 5554

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

  1. #2901
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    I miss my Bolting, and I liked Eclipse's GBA animation with the slashing mini nova thing.
    All GBA animations were amazing. Hey, even Radiant Dawn had some sweet tome animations. Awakening kind of lacks the grandiose animations I miss, though there's nothing wrong with not being so fancy.

    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I really can't bring myself to care about the lack of a magic triangle. Most of the time I'm not bothering with attacking mages with mages (& the AI would likely favor resistance-weak units) so it'd never really come up.
    This is how I felt about the magic triangle, since in the end the only change was an accuracy change, and in the end, resistance was a bigger factor. I did like how it ended up restricting sages in RD to a specific magic type though, adding another purpose to having three types of anima magic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    You never it now, we might see it make a comeback. I really did enjoy using magic users in previous games. I've found in Awakening, though, that a lot of the mages don't really have very high resistance, which is weird.
    Yeah, though not to the insane degree of Shadow Dragon resistance growths (and Heroes of Light and Shadow, I guess), Mages in Awakening seemed to have lackluster resistance. In fact, not too many characters had exceptional resistance in their starting class.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo



  2. #2902
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    All GBA animations were amazing. Hey, even Radiant Dawn had some sweet tome animations. Awakening kind of lacks the grandiose animations I miss, though there's nothing wrong with not being so fancy.
    The GBA animations are still my favourite by far, I never grew tired of watching them. The Awakening animations are so long, I skip most of them.

    Yeah, though not to the insane degree of Shadow Dragon resistance growths (and Heroes of Light and Shadow, I guess), Mages in Awakening seemed to have lackluster resistance. In fact, not too many characters had exceptional resistance in their starting class.
    Except Peg Knights and their ilk.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  3. #2903
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    The GBA animations are still my favourite by far, I never grew tired of watching them. The Awakening animations are so long, I skip most of them.
    Hero crits were always my favorite. Sages were great too, though I'm disappointed by Awakening's crit animation for male magic users. Better than most of the DS animations, bar Starlight.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo



  4. #2904
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,888

    Default

    If we're talking about great animations, it'd be the Swordmaster's and myrmidon's by far. Though Paladins and Heroes are another favorite, with the Paladins running in place for a good couple seconds.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  5. #2905
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    If we're talking about great animations, it'd be the Swordmaster's and myrmidon's by far. Though Paladins and Heroes are another favorite, with the Paladins running in place for a good couple seconds.
    I like the crit for Generals alot, and their axe animations are great too. Axe on a chain? Do want.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  6. #2906
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    THE CRAZY TRAIN~
    Posts
    462

    Default

    i've never played fire emblem. is it any good?
    Thanks to FairyWitch for the profile pic!

    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

    National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

  7. #2907
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Southern Island, Hoenn
    Posts
    682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mjunior3 View Post
    i've never played fire emblem. is it any good?
    Hell yes it is. On the topic of gba animations, my favorites are Ephraim's, swordmasters' , Wyvern lords, and Great knights
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

    Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?


  8. #2908
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    THE CRAZY TRAIN~
    Posts
    462

    Default

    thnks, mabye ill try it
    Thanks to FairyWitch for the profile pic!

    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

    National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

  9. #2909
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Orre
    Posts
    217

    Default

    I'm hopefully getting the game on the first.
    I have been reading up and I cried so much. This game is filled with SOBS isn't it. D:

  10. #2910
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,380

    Default

    Generals and Paladins are definitely great ones. Lyn, Eliwood and Hector's crit animations with the Sol Katti, Durandal, and Armads were absurdly amazing too. In terms of tomes, Apocalypse was fun to watch, especially coming from Ray, who can actually double stuff with it on occasion.

    Quote Originally Posted by KikoKo View Post
    I'm hopefully getting the game on the first.
    I have been reading up and I cried so much. This game is filled with SOBS isn't it. D:
    Each game has its emotional moments. While I've not played it, Heroes of Light and Shadow has quite an emotional scene in a later chapter.
    Last edited by Psynergy; 26th March 2013 at 4:34 AM.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo



  11. #2911
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Orre
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Hm? I will just look it up later since I prolly won't see that but like. FE:A has a long list of sobs.

    Ex of what I seen.
        Spoiler:- FE:A:

  12. #2912
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,198

    Default

    It's not really that sad at all, whatever you're reading is misrepresenting it. There's one sad part in the game, and I wouldn't say its at all sob-worthy.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  13. #2913
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Orre
    Posts
    217

    Default

    It's not misrepresenting it. There is a lot of stuff. And I've seen a lot of the game. The game has many sob-worthy moments in my opinion. But hey whatever. What people find sad varies depending on the person :T

  14. #2914
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KikoKo View Post
    It's not misrepresenting it. There is a lot of stuff. And I've seen a lot of the game. The game has many sob-worthy moments in my opinion. But hey whatever. What people find sad varies depending on the person :T
    For instance, what you referenced, it's nothing like that at all in the game. Your encounters with the children characters are not sad at all, it's not only clear who they are, but clear how to recruit them. Most of them are also pretty funny. Reading about it and playing it are two very different things.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  15. #2915
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Orre
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    For instance, what you referenced, it's nothing like that at all in the game. Your encounters with the children characters are not sad at all, it's not only clear who they are, but clear how to recruit them. Most of them are also pretty funny. Reading about it and playing it are two very different things.
    I'm not saying the encounters are sad. I'm saying what is sad if you do certain things. Funny? Um. Kay? But whatever. I'm not bothering :T

    edit
        Spoiler:- Okay:
    Last edited by KikoKo; 26th March 2013 at 5:18 AM.

  16. #2916
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KikoKo View Post
    I'm not saying the encounters are sad. I'm saying what is sad if you do certain things. Funny? Um. Kay? But whatever. I'm not bothering :T
    Sure, if you start adding in things that are never explored you can make anything sad, but once you play the game you'll understand.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  17. #2917
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Orre
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Sure, if you start adding in things that are never explored you can make anything sad, but once you play the game you'll understand.
    So. I need to play the game to know how sad. Or how you say. Funny is it. When you let the parent kill the child? Sorry but. Did you read what I said correctly? >.<"

  18. #2918
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Sure, if you start adding in things that are never explored you can make anything sad, but once you play the game you'll understand.
    I think it has a lot to do with how the player takes (or is expected to take) a certain event. Like, in Shadow Dragon, I personally don't care if 80% of the cast dies (other than me being a completionist), because of the absence of personality. Bring PoR into the mix, I'd feel terrible if I let Rolf or anyone else die. Once you look at the game as being just a game, though, then events don't feel quite as emotional.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo



  19. #2919
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KikoKo View Post
    So. I need to play the game to know how sad. Or how you say. Funny is it. When you let the parent kill the child? Sorry but. Did you read what I said correctly? >.<"
    No one is going to go around and kill units they're trying to recruit unless they get joy out of those things, of course.

    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    I think it has a lot to do with how the player takes (or is expected to take) a certain event. Like, in Shadow Dragon, I personally don't care if 80% of the cast dies (other than me being a completionist), because of the absence of personality. Bring PoR into the mix, I'd feel terrible if I let Rolf or anyone else die. Once you look at the game as being just a game, though, then events don't feel quite as emotional.
    Fire Emblem's never really been a game that pulls on the heart strings for me, I really enjoy them and I like a lot of the characters, but I can't really recall any sad moments in any of the games, they just don't have the opportunity to build up a truly sad moment, most of the game is gameplay. Which is fine in my books.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  20. #2920
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Orre
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Gah. Never mind. You missed my point. There is much more I can add, but whatever. Like I said everyone feels differently on everything. And I'm just stopping. Obviously what I find sad is different by a longshot.

  21. #2921
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Idols
    Posts
    1,058

    Default

    OH GOD GUYS I JUST DID CHAPTER 9 SHOULD I GIVE HIM THE SPOILER ITEM IN ORDER TO SAVE A SPOILER PERSON?!?!?

    /caps
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

  22. #2922
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Orre
    Posts
    217

    Default

        Spoiler:- Wut now xD:

    Your call.

  23. #2923
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,198

    Default

    You get slightly different dialogue, that's it.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  24. #2924
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    OH GOD GUYS I JUST DID CHAPTER 9 SHOULD I GIVE HIM THE SPOILER ITEM IN ORDER TO SAVE A SPOILER PERSON?!?!?

    /caps
    It's one of those events that only changes the dialogue.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  25. #2925
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Fire Emblem's never really been a game that pulls on the heart strings for me, I really enjoy them and I like a lot of the characters, but I can't really recall any sad moments in any of the games, they just don't have the opportunity to build up a truly sad moment, most of the game is gameplay. Which is fine in my books.
    Emmeryn never ceases to rip my heart out, I tear up a lot for her scenes, but, otherwise, at least for Awakening, I was never really made sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by KikoKo View Post
    Gah. Never mind. You missed my point. There is much more I can add, but whatever. Like I said everyone feels differently on everything. And I'm just stopping. Obviously what I find sad is different by a longshot.
    The problem is that you're putting something tragic into scenarios that aren't really that tragic. There are only one, maybe two scenarios where a parent could even possibly murder their child, but as Hydrohs stated, that would only happen if you wanted it to. Knowing who and how to recruit is actually fairly straightforward, considering if a non-commander unit is named, you can recruit them, so knowing that the child can be recruited is a no-brainier.
    I have claimed Joltik. Deal with it.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5412 9894 6875
    XL Friend Code: 0189-9263-9995
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.
    You're getting streetpasses at a farmer's market. That's proof enough.
    Dream Address: 5100-2145-7596

Page 117 of 223 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167217 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •