Page 124 of 223 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,100 of 5552

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

  1. #3076
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Far from human
    Posts
    1,496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    Oh, god I realised Libra's a War Monk.
    ...
    I legitimately thought he was a woman. I was considering marrying my Avatar to him and everything...

    *goes off to re-evaluates sexuality*
    Everyone did it, dude.

    Don't worry, there are a lot of traps in the Fire Emblem series. I thought Lucius was a girl for most of the game.

    Anyway, what's the difference between the SpotPass characters like Florina and the DLC characters like Lyn? Are they for all intents and purposes the same except one costs real money?

  2. #3077
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Orre
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    Everyone did it, dude.

    Don't worry, there are a lot of traps in the Fire Emblem series. I thought Lucius was a girl for most of the game.

    Anyway, what's the difference between the SpotPass characters like Florina and the DLC characters like Lyn? Are they for all intents and purposes the same except one costs real money?
    I knew from the start. Odd. ._.

    And Pretty much I guess. I can't really see another purpose for them. Other than them being stronger than normal and special artwork.
    Well I guess some of their purposes is that they can come with special skills or items. But yeah... real money...

  3. #3078
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,556

    Default

    Nobody buys the DLC for the Legacy characters. They're just minor perks.

    People buy the DLC for the exclusive classes and skills.

    Which, at the end of the day, is still unfortunate. Remember the days when games had all of their content, and you only had to pay for it once, when you bought the game? Too bad those days seem to be gone. Oh well...
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

  4. #3079
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    House Laurent, Demacia
    Posts
    347

    Default

    Bride Lucina for the win!
    And does Discipline apply for Staves also? Dread Fighter seems interesting, but my 3DS wont load up Lost Bloodlines 2 for some odd reason.


    Shadow Stars League Normal Gym Leader
    Starstrike Badge Credit to FairyWitch to this great badge!

  5. #3080
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Orre
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StarMasterWarrior View Post
    Bride Lucina for the win!
    And does Discipline apply for Staves also? Dread Fighter seems interesting, but my 3DS wont load up Lost Bloodlines 2 for some odd reason.
    Defeat the final boss with an army of brides. All equipped with the joke weapon, log.
    And that sucks. Hope it works out soon for you.

  6. #3081
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    I haven't got the game yet because of Europe. I had only seen his portrait and official art, so I only found out he was a man once I saw he was a War Monk while browsing Serenesforest. I'm glad the game at least acknowledges Libra's sheer femininity.
    So now I'll have to choose between Cordelia and Tharja. Perfection and stalking. Galeforce and Lifetaker etc.
    Keep in mind that the Avatar's Children will always be able to get Galeforce (as long as they're female).

    Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Nobody buys the DLC for the Legacy characters. They're just minor perks.

    People buy the DLC for the exclusive classes and skills.

    Which, at the end of the day, is still unfortunate. Remember the days when games had all of their content, and you only had to pay for it once, when you bought the game? Too bad those days seem to be gone. Oh well...
    It's still that way, except now the developers can add extra things that they didn't have the budget/time for and we can still get them, if we choose. People misinterpret what DLC is.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  7. #3082
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Home I'll never know
    Posts
    9,826

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    What should I do with spotpass characters? must haves? must battles? must buys?
    Pay gold for the better ones earlier on in the game and then own everyone with them. Yeah, he's expensive, but you won't care when King Marth is slaughtering everyone in his path.

    Quote Originally Posted by KikoKo View Post
    Get them. Reclass them. Fight final boss with like 13 of them as Grandmasters. Use Rally Spectrum. Lauugh as you murder the boss.

    edit: I think they can at least. >Double Checks
    edit 2: lol, yup they can. :3
    I don't think so. IIRC Rallies of the same type don't stack with each other (ie you can stack Rally Spectrum with Rally Strength for +8 Strength, but you can't stack Spectrum with Spectrum or Strength with Strength).

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    So now I'll have to choose between Cordelia and Tharja. Perfection and stalking. Galeforce and Lifetaker etc.
    Okay, am I like the only irl guy who doesn't go for Cordelia?

    Seriously, now. I mean, meh.

    Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    Anyway, what's the difference between the SpotPass characters like Florina and the DLC characters like Lyn? Are they for all intents and purposes the same except one costs real money?
    Basically, though many more of the DLC versions of the characters have some Skills that aren't normally accessible even with reclassing, like Aptitude, Charm, Shadowgift, Conquest, and Rightful King.

  8. #3083
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KikoKo View Post
    Defeat the final boss with an army of brides. All equipped with the joke weapon, log.
    And that sucks. Hope it works out soon for you.
    Ladles, for appropriateness. Too bad, Brides can't wield them...
    Last edited by Icay4321; 2nd April 2013 at 4:18 AM.
    I have claimed Joltik. Deal with it.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5412 9894 6875
    XL Friend Code: 0189-9263-9995
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.
    You're getting streetpasses at a farmer's market. That's proof enough.
    Dream Address: 5100-2145-7596

  9. #3084
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Okay, am I like the only irl guy who doesn't go for Cordelia?
    Not the only one. Her personality really annoyed me. I don't so much mind her now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    Ladles, for appropriateness. Too bad, Brides can't wield them...
    I see what you've done there...


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  10. #3085
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Orre
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Oh. How sad. All well. In that case just get one person to use Rally Spectrum or whatever. The level isn't too hard if you train/reclass a lot.

    And I don't like Cordelia. Or any of the girls for that manner. I'm marrying everyone though.

  11. #3086
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,556

    Default

    There is only one girl who I don't like, and I've made it abundantly clear already who that girl is.

    Hint: It's Say'ri.

    Oh wait, that's not so much of a hint as it is giving it away entirely.

    Seriously though, even the girls who I didn't like at first, I grew to love as I experienced more of their support options. Enabling (nigh) infinite supports was the best thing that any FE game could ever have. I only hope that future installments keep this trend.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

  12. #3087
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In your mind
    Posts
    4,261

    Default

    Am I the only one who liked Say'ri? She may have a two dimensional personality, but I kind of like the idea of a foreign personality with different cultural aspects (although not fully explicit in the game).

    Hoenn has disappointed.

    P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

  13. #3088
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    House Laurent, Demacia
    Posts
    347

    Default

    Yup. Who agrees with LucinaxOwain?


    Shadow Stars League Normal Gym Leader
    Starstrike Badge Credit to FairyWitch to this great badge!

  14. #3089
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    Am I the only one who liked Say'ri? She may have a two dimensional personality, but I kind of like the idea of a foreign personality with different cultural aspects (although not fully explicit in the game).
    Probably. They just should have given her more supports, really. It feels like they made the fact that she's of a different culture the sole noteworthy feature of her personality, and thus, she just felt bland to me. More supports could've helped this, in my opinion, since it could give more opportunities to explore her personality beyond the obvious "foreigner" angle.

    Quote Originally Posted by StarMasterWarrior View Post
    Yup. Who agrees with LucinaxOwain?
    Not at all. Even if they're listed as "Companions" rather than Husband/Wife, it just feels... off to me, given they're cousins. That and OwainxMorgan is beyond adorable and I paired them with extreme passion.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

  15. #3090
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Orre
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Aren't they only referred to as Companions in the non-Japanese versions of the game anyways?
    .IIRC they are Husband/Wife in Japan. Though I'm not certain.

  16. #3091
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In your mind
    Posts
    4,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Probably. They just should have given her more supports, really. It feels like they made the fact that she's of a different culture the sole noteworthy feature of her personality, and thus, she just felt bland to me. More supports could've helped this, in my opinion, since it could give more opportunities to explore her personality beyond the obvious "foreigner" angle.
    There is always the bonds DLC I suppose.

    Hoenn has disappointed.

    P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

  17. #3092
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    There is only one girl who I don't like, and I've made it abundantly clear already who that girl is.

    Hint: It's Say'ri.

    Oh wait, that's not so much of a hint as it is giving it away entirely.

    Seriously though, even the girls who I didn't like at first, I grew to love as I experienced more of their support options. Enabling (nigh) infinite supports was the best thing that any FE game could ever have. I only hope that future installments keep this trend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    Am I the only one who liked Say'ri? She may have a two dimensional personality, but I kind of like the idea of a foreign personality with different cultural aspects (although not fully explicit in the game).
    I don't have anything against Say'ri, as KillerDraco's been saying. She's a bit boring. She shows up too late, does too little and has so few supports. None of which I've seen because I've never used her.

    Quote Originally Posted by StarMasterWarrior View Post
    Yup. Who agrees with LucinaxOwain?
    Fan of the incest, are you?


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  18. #3093
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StarMasterWarrior View Post
    Yup. Who agrees with LucinaxOwain?
    Yay wincest!

    As for the talk of Say'ri, I'm just disappointed that she doesn't get Supports with people like Chrom (fellow leader) or Virion (Valm refugee). In fact, I'm not sure why Chrom doesn't get supports with a lot of people. Also, I wish that there were more fraternal cross-gender relationships, a la Basilio and Flavia. It's weird that characters can only make supports with opposite genders only if there's a chance of getting hitched out of the deal. People can't just be friends until they're married to someone else?
    I have claimed Joltik. Deal with it.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5412 9894 6875
    XL Friend Code: 0189-9263-9995
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.
    You're getting streetpasses at a farmer's market. That's proof enough.
    Dream Address: 5100-2145-7596

  19. #3094
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,516

    Default

    Say'ri suffers from a bland personality and very few supports. I still used her a lot.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

  20. #3095
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Keep in mind that the Avatar's Children will always be able to get Galeforce (as long as they're female).



    It's still that way, except now the developers can add extra things that they didn't have the budget/time for and we can still get them, if we choose. People misinterpret what DLC is.
    Nintendo's entire DLC philosophy is to make things independent of the full product, too. Something you don't really miss out on. Several of the FE DLC wouldn't have existed at all if it wasn't for fan feedback, I imagine. (like with NSMB2's dlc)

  21. #3096
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    Say'ri disappoints me, she's supposed to be an important character and yet she keeps getting shoved off to the side in the plot. She only has one support outside of the Avatar, losing out to Tiki and tying with Anna, both of which are extra characters and her relationship with Yen'fay is pretty glossed over. Hell, her reunion with Yen'fey even felt lackluster, I didn't feel much for them as I did Emmeryn and her siblings. I guess it comes as a consequence of being in the Walhart arc but even so they could've done a bit better.

    Quote Originally Posted by StarMasterWarrior View Post
    Yup. Who agrees with LucinaxOwain?
    Nah, I'm more a fan of ChromxLissa.


    It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

  22. #3097
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    House Laurent, Demacia
    Posts
    347

    Default

    Lol ChromxLissa
    When will the Bonds DLC come our? I want them so badly.


    Shadow Stars League Normal Gym Leader
    Starstrike Badge Credit to FairyWitch to this great badge!

  23. #3098
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    ...where DO I live?
    Posts
    865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StarMasterWarrior View Post
    Lol ChromxLissa
    When will the Bonds DLC come our? I want them so badly.
    Oh Arceus, why...

    Well, they already have them in Japanese, so the translation, as well as anything else that needs to be changed to be America-appropriate (those of you who saw the beach-version DLC understand what I mean) is all that needs to be changed, then they'll have it. Perhaps one or two weeks at the most is the waiting time for the next batch of DLC packs to come out, so I'd give a guess around that general time span.


        Spoiler:- Credits:

    I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

  24. #3099
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Trainer X View Post
    Oh Arceus, why...

    Well, they already have them in Japanese, so the translation, as well as anything else that needs to be changed to be America-appropriate (those of you who saw the beach-version DLC understand what I mean) is all that needs to be changed, then they'll have it. Perhaps one or two weeks at the most is the waiting time for the next batch of DLC packs to come out, so I'd give a guess around that general time span.
    What makes you think the beach cg would be censored.
    It's Chrom shirtless, Gaius shirtless, Tharja in a swimsuit and Cordelia in a swimsuit. Cordelia is probably the most indecent and that's only because her strap is falling off.

    It's no worse than Aversa and she didn't get censored

  25. #3100
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The cliff that time forgot.
    Posts
    1,906

    Default

    The thing is, the Swimsuit is pretty much what Tharja is already wearing. Minus the cape.



Page 124 of 223 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •