Page 129 of 223 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,225 of 5567

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    You start out as a Tactician. Tactician's use both Swords and Tomes, you don't have to use both, you can just stick with swords.. You can also class change into a number of different Strength-oriented classes.
    Ok! I haven't read anything about the game really. Just based it off of my demo playtrough where he only used magic attacks

My FC (Y): 3995-6945-2972 (Fairy) ||Banner Credit to Sworn Metalhead!
    Trainer's Card ||
    http://9gag.com/chrysaries || Pokememes/Memebase||Battle FC: 3182 4147 0411
    Quote Originally Posted by 0LdSk00lMew View Post
    I'm not going to lie you have the best stuff around xD

Had a Bronze Sword there, too.
    I have claimed Joltik. Deal with it.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5412 9894 6875
    XL Friend Code: 0189-9263-9995
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.
    You're getting streetpasses at a farmer's market. That's proof enough.
    Dream Address: 5100-2145-7596

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    But you get such diminishing returns on Dance exp that the amount of time you put into infinite grinding them on a map like that could be better served on anything else. Like beating the boss with most any of your units because there's a good chance you can double them and kill them right then and there with at LEAST two of them.

Also if you really wanted to you can already do that with Olivia. Most bosses are stationery and several maps have units that straight up won't go after you unless you enter their field; just dance and end turn forever (bonus: healers can heal up that 1 HP she'd get from the level).
    Yes, but the option is still there. Basically if you wanted you could grind both of your dancers to ridiculous levels and crush the game, especially if you reclassed them and got nice skills and essentially you could one turn every chapter with just those two dancers. Also, you can one/two turn pretty effectively with just one dancer already, two isn't really needed.

And not really the same, you're wasting turns doing that and it takes a much longer time then the alternative.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 5th April 2013 at 11:57 PM.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Yeah, unless they wanted to implement, dancers don't rejuvenate dancers.

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    Yes, but the option is still there. Basically if you wanted you could grind both of your dancers to ridiculous levels and crush the game, especially if you reclassed them and got nice skills and essentially you could one turn every chapter with just those two dancers. Also, you can one/two turn pretty effectively with just one dancer already, two isn't really needed.
    But you could do that with anyone. Anyone can become a god with just a little luck and a little grinding.
    And, again, dance grinding takes forever.
    Besides game balance for an off-chance grinding method means nothing in the same game where we have Galeforce.

Anyway, my point is. I wanted Inigo to be a dancer. Because I thought it would be neat.

also
    And not really the same, you're wasting turns doing that and it takes a much longer time then the alternative.
    how does it take a "much longer" time. Even with animations off, in the two dancer scenario, you'd be going through twice as much exp bars and level up screens. If anything it breaks even.

Anyway, my point is. I wanted Inigo to be a dancer. Because I thought it would be neat.
    The 9 Dancers so far in the series are all female, so I'm not sure if I'd like to see Inigo among those. This is all purely opinion based, though. Not that there's anything wrong with a male Dancer, but I think an alternative, similar class would have been nice for him. Like Bard, or something.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Regirock

But you could do that with anyone. Anyone can become a god with just a little luck and a little grinding.
    Besides game balance for an off-chance grinding method means nothing in the same game where we have Galeforce.

also

how does it take a "much longer" time. Even with animations off, in the two dancer scenario, you'd be going through twice as much exp bars and level up screens. If anything it breaks even.
    You could but two dancers means having a given game mechanic you can grind to your heart's content without going to the DLC/spotpass, whether or not other options to break the game exists it's still an option to break the game and truthfully the game doesn't need another one of those. Finally, you have to grind for Galeforce, the only characters you're getting that can get it within a reasonable time with little grinding are the Peg. Knights, compare that to having two dancers who can effectively make sure you get through a level in one turn with help of two fliers, a rescuer and a boss killer. Both break the game but one requires much less time and resources.

You're pressing the A, going to the menu and then hitting end and going through the enemy phase which still takes some time it compared to just mashing the A and directional button for two dancers. Yeah there's the Exp bar but it takes less time to go through that unless you're leveling up so it's still more even though it's not "much longer."
    Last edited by Taodragon; 6th April 2013 at 12:48 AM.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

That's a good point, and with the interactive map and a level grinding DLC, it wouldn't be that egregious. Also, they could implement "dancers can't dance for dancers" clause if they wanted to prevent the dance grinding.

Hoenn has disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    The 9 Dancers so far in the series are all female, so I'm not sure if I'd like to see Inigo among those. This is all purely opinion based, though. Not that there's anything wrong with a male Dancer, but I think an alternative, similar class would have been nice for him. Like Bard, or something.
    The thing is that he is explicitly a dancer. He learned dancing from his mother. He dances all the time. Everyone is captivated by his dancing. But we never get to see it.
    I figured a male dancer would have been pretty interesting and hey another first for the series; at worst we get some hilarity from his model just mapped to Olivia's movements.

I'll admit I might be a bit bitter because I just sort of assumed that I'd get a dancer out of Olivia's kid in the same way we got a Taguel & Mankete and grinded Olivia up to level 15 so she could pass on the special dance.

It's kind of your fault for assuming something that should be obvious.

Is the only game that has more than one playable unit that allows people to attack again RD.
    With the three herons? Anyways they can't enter the same map together.
    So it's kinda the same really.

Quote Originally Posted by KikoKo View Post
    Is the only game that has more than one playable unit that allows people to attack again RD.
    With the three herons? Anyways they can't enter the same map together.
    So it's kinda the same really.
    Nils and Ninian from Rekka no Ken (first title to hit the West) had a similar effect.

Hoenn has disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    Nils and Ninian from Rekka no Ken (first title to hit the West) had a similar effect.
    Oh? Hm, after I beat Sacred Stones, I should ask to borrow that game from my friend.
    >Looks him up< Oh right, I remember my friend saying something about the
    Bard class. xD Yeah I should borrow that sometime. Hopefully I'd enjoy it too xD

Oh? Hm, after I beat Sacred Stones, I should ask to borrow that game from my friend.
    Bard class. xD Yeah I should borrow that sometime. Hopefully I'd enjoy it too xD
    If you enjoy one FE game you'll pretty well enjoy them all. They're all fundamentally the same.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I think Gen of the Holy War also had an effect like this, where a dancer gets replaced by her dancing daughter.

Hoenn has disappointed.

Thank god I purchased the EXPonential Growth DLC map. Chapter 5 would've been unplayable otherwise...

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    If you enjoy one FE game you'll pretty well enjoy them all. They're all fundamentally the same.
    Except for Shadow Dragon. Lol. Too ugh for me.
    The other four I played (PoR,RD,SS,A).
    So yeah, I'm probably going to borrow that game.
    Once her other friend returns it, and spring break ends.
    ...2 weeks off e.e ugh. Ends soon.

@Aura - If you have Golden Gaffee you can also get infinite stat boosts. Though thats only for Avatar Logbook Peps huh...

Except for Shadow Dragon. Lol. Too ugh for me.
    The other four I played (PoR,RD,SS,A).
    So yeah, I'm probably going to borrow that game.
    Once her other friend returns it, and spring break ends.
    ...2 weeks off e.e ugh. Ends soon.

@Aura - If you have Golden Gaffee you can also get infinite stat boosts. Though thats only for Avatar Logbook Peps huh...
    I didn't find Shadow Dragon so bad once I became very selective of what unit's I was using. But when I just went through without research it was terrible, everyone was so bad.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Excellus is a man. You can tell by his clothes. Same with Simia. Male units usually have more clothes on there body while female units feel the need to show off as much skin as they can *coughcoughTharjacoughcough*

So, AvatarxTharja anyone?

Lyn is mine and mine alone

Shadow Stars League Normal Gym Leader
    Starstrike Badge Credit to FairyWitch to this great badge!

Quote Originally Posted by StarMasterWarrior View Post
    while female units feel the need to show off as much skin as they can
    Welcome to every RPG ever, where the only armor females neec is their sexyness alone
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

Quote Originally Posted by StarMasterWarrior View Post
    Excellus is a man. You can tell by his clothes. Same with Simia. Male units usually have more clothes on there body while female units feel the need to show off as much skin as they can *coughcoughTharjacoughcough*

So, AvatarxTharja anyone?

Lyn is mine and mine alone
    I also played the game over a bit ago, and it was stated that he was a guy.
    Eh, that was my first marriage.
    I'm currently just getting all the S-supports with my male. By getting him married but saving
    the game into a different file. Then turning off/on the game to get the next marriage.
    ....I'll eventually get all the supports

I'm not getting all the S Rank supports just because of the amount of time and save file juggling that would be required. Especially if I wanted all the Female Avatar supports.

Yeah, getting all of the S-rank supports is just... insane. Getting them for one Avatar alone would take forever, let alone both for both genders and all other characters as well. It's not worth it.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Damn you video games! Stop lying to me about real-life!

Anyways, planning out breeding, hope everything works. Going to try to pair up Olivia and Chrom, wish me luck!
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Yeah, getting all of the S-rank supports is just... insane. Getting them for one Avatar alone would take forever, let alone both for both genders and all other characters as well. It's not worth it.
    Yeah, the support conversations are good, but not good enough for me to spend that much time. Especially when they're all available online.

Page 129 of 223 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179 ... LastLast