Page 137 of 222 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147187 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,425 of 5530

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Recruited every kid bar Morgan! Know that I know Adversa's skill, I wish I went in as a male...a Dark Flier with Shadowgift and Bowbreaker...oh well, I'm not clearing all of that on Lunatic again! Everything now is so easy...
    Why Bowbreaker though, now that Iote's Shield is released?
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Bowbreaker pretty much ensures a miss, whereas Iote's Shield just removes any bonus damage. I'd take Iote's Shield over Bowbreaker, but they both have their uses.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Bowbreaker pretty much ensures a miss, whereas Iote's Shield just removes any bonus damage. I'd take Iote's Shield over Bowbreaker, but they both have their uses.
    I prefer covering the Wind Magic weakness as well, hence my preference for Iote's Shield. *Shrugs* Everyone's got their preferences, I suppose.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Is Lethality a must-have skill to anybody?

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Special: Ace Attorney - All Breakdowns (+ PL & PW:AA)

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Is Lethality a must-have skill to anybody?
    Panne, since she doesn't really have any other activatable offensive skills, so it's the best and only choice. Most other characters have other options like Astra, Sol, Luna, etc. which tend to be more reliable, due to Lethality's low activation chance. Still, if you like gambling, Lethality is always fun.

maybe he didn't buy the DLC

some people do that

Panne, since she doesn't really have any other activatable offensive skills, so it's the best and only choice. Most other characters have other options like Astra, Sol, Luna, etc. which tend to be more reliable, due to Lethality's low activation chance. Still, if you like gambling, Lethality is always fun.
    The skill boost from Beaststone+ adds a 2% higher chance I believe. If Yarne can obtain it, Astra isn't a half bad skill. Rapid Rabbit kicks of doom!

Cipher sent us to hell - but we're going even deeper - take back every Pokemon that we've lost!
    Wakin, I'm already a demon...
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

It also seems to serve Anna well for me. I changed her temporarily to Assassin class for that ability, as well as getting someone who could use bows. I agree, due to the chance of triggering it being Skill divided by 4, it isn't what you'd have as best choice. On the other hand, that just makes it that much better when it is done. Relying on brute strength more of the time, along with an occasional auto-KO + epic scene is my favorite way to go, especially when it's a bunny that uses it.

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

I like the idea of Lethality but I really have terrible luck with it. It rarely activates and when it does it's usually on the second hit when the enemy would be killed anyway.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    maybe he didn't buy the DLC

some people do that
    I'm reasonably sure he/she did buy the DLC based on memory of the subject coming up earlier in the thread, but I could be wrong. After a while in this thread it starts getting difficult to keep track of who does and doesn't have the DLC. *Shrugs*

I like the idea of Lethality but I really have terrible luck with it. It rarely activates and when it does it's usually on the second hit when the enemy would be killed anyway.
    I have the very same problem. I love Lethality a lot, but having it consistently occur when the enemy could be felled by a normal attack just makes me sigh. Having it activate on the first hit is good in theory, but it's not always going to happen at the ideal time, especially with its low activation chance, which is why I find it unreliable.

That said, it's definitely the coolest looking skill.

Though it makes one think why a Lethality-powered Fire can make somebody bleed so badly.

Maybe the fireball ricochets fast into the target.

We'll pretend cauterizing doesn't actually exist for Lethality-boosted magic. Also, Taguel Lethality is the best Lethality in my opinion.
    I have claimed Joltik. Deal with it.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5412 9894 6875
    XL Friend Code: 0189-9263-9995
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.
    You're getting streetpasses at a farmer's market. That's proof enough.
    Dream Address: 5100-2145-7596

Though it makes one think why a Lethality-powered Fire can make somebody bleed so badly.

Maybe the fireball ricochets fast into the target.
    Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    We'll pretend cauterizing doesn't actually exist for Lethality-boosted magic. Also, Taguel Lethality is the best Lethality in my opinion.
    Isn't it obvious? EXPLOSIOOOOOONSSS!

It also seems to serve Anna well for me. I changed her temporarily to Assassin class for that ability, as well as getting someone who could use bows. I agree, due to the chance of triggering it being Skill divided by 4, it isn't what you'd have as best choice. On the other hand, that just makes it that much better when it is done. Relying on brute strength more of the time, along with an occasional auto-KO + epic scene is my favorite way to go, especially when it's a bunny that uses it.
    I have it on Yarne and Lon'qu, because I married him and Panne. I think it would awesome on Noire though. From where I'm at, she has like 44 skill. Of course, what I have with her now (Luna, due to Tharja and Kellem's marriage (yep)) is really sweet. Plus if Noire inherited that "go first if you have lots o' damage ability" I think maybe Lon'qu is able to get, that would be awesome. Danger Noire!

I'm having loads of trouble getting past Chapter the-one-you-get-Vaike on Lunatic, mostly because I'm outnumbered, outskill'd, outweaponed, and out Fredrick'd.

Does anybody have any solutions to my woes? Stahl keeps dying, even when I partner him... I'm sure this is a rather common problem.

Quote Originally Posted by chanseychansey77 View Post
    Does anybody have any solutions to my woes? Stahl keeps dying, even when I partner him... I'm sure this is a rather common problem.
    Partner a new recruit with Frederick and someone else that might get doubled alone with Chrom. For gods' sakes, make a wall strategy to protect the weakest ones.

Oh, and if Lissa dies and you haven't reached the boss, you're screwed at best.

Quote Originally Posted by chanseychansey77 View Post
    I have it on Yarne and Lon'qu, because I married him and Panne. I think it would awesome on Noire though. From where I'm at, she has like 44 skill. Of course, what I have with her now (Luna, due to Tharja and Kellem's marriage (yep)) is really sweet. Plus if Noire inherited that "go first if you have lots o' damage ability" I think maybe Lon'qu is able to get, that would be awesome. Danger Noire!

I'm having loads of trouble getting past Chapter the-one-you-get-Vaike on Lunatic, mostly because I'm outnumbered, outskill'd, outweaponed, and out Fredrick'd.

I personally prefer "Counter Noire" which is almost impossible unless you pair Tharja with the right characters and pass down the skill.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

I just preordered the game now finally. Two days left till release!

I'm planning to play on Hard mode first, (I've played FE4 to FE9) Any tips and pointers I should know?
    Last edited by Gloryus; 17th April 2013 at 8:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    I just preordered the game now finally. Two days left till release!

I'm planning to play on Hard mode first, (I've played FE4 to FE9) Any tips and pointers I should know?
    Nothing in particular, really. Hard mode probably wont be too bad for you.

Nothing in particular, really. Hard mode probably wont be too bad for you.
    Yeah, I went through the demo on Hard mode well enough. I guess I'll see as I go along. Just got to look out for the characters with nice growths and stuff.

Also pre-ordered this on Monday, heard a lot of good things about it so I decided to give it a go. This will be my first Fire Emblem game so I'm very much looking forward to it.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

I have the very same problem. I love Lethality a lot, but having it consistently occur when the enemy could be felled by a normal attack just makes me sigh. Having it activate on the first hit is good in theory, but it's not always going to happen at the ideal time, especially with its low activation chance, which is why I find it unreliable.

That said, it's definitely the coolest looking skill.
    The only character on my Streetpass team now is Henry, which not only is appropriate with his character, it's there due lack of a better activation skill like Sol. He's also carrying Counter, and when I'm using him outside the team, Lifetaker is equipped for a "suicide" rush with for a surprisingly effective strategy in Rogues and Redeemers.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    I personally prefer "Counter Noire" which is almost impossible unless you pair Tharja with the right characters and pass down the skill.
    I was so mad when I realized that Noire could have had Counter on my first file, with Henry as a father. Pavise isn't a terrible substitute, though, and she'll always have access to that.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Yeah, I went through the demo on Hard mode well enough. I guess I'll see as I go along. Just got to look out for the characters with nice growths and stuff.
    Most units are actually pretty usable, there aren't really any that are outright terrible (especially due to the Second Seal system). Though Donnel is definitely one to watch for, as his growths are pretty much absurd. The only thing you'd really have to "know" about is pairings/children, and what stat modifiers/class options certain parents can pass on to certain children.

No real reason to worry about that here. Mostly because there aren't any units with truly bad growths, but also because of how easy to is to level people up outside doing the main Chapters.

No real reason to worry about that here. Mostly because there aren't any units with truly bad growths, but also because of how easy to is to level people up outside doing the main Chapters.
    Unless you start the game in Lunatic where luck is needed all the time until you're given freedom.

Unless you start the game in Lunatic where luck is needed all the time until you're given freedom.
    Though Lightning Raider did specifically mention doing Hard mode, so that's not really relevant.

Even if Lunatic (and Lunatic+) would be better named Masochistic mode.

Page 137 of 222 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147187 ... LastLast