Page 138 of 224 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188 ... LastLast
Results 3,426 to 3,450 of 5585

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Though Lightning Raider did specifically mention doing Hard mode, so that's not really relevant.

Even if Lunatic (and Lunatic+) would be better named Masochistic mode.
    Hence why I said "unless".

Also, higher difficulties are called "Frederick Emblem" for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Hence why I said "unless".

Also, higher difficulties are called "Frederick Emblem" for a reason.
    Even with Frederick though.... it's still very much masochistic.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Even with Frederick though.... it's still very much masochistic.
    Pretty much hits the nail on the head.

And for me it sort of stops being fun at that point. Yeah, some people like the insane challenge, but having it be so heavily based on luck makes me lose interest rapidly.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Though Lightning Raider did specifically mention doing Hard mode, so that's not really relevant.

Even if Lunatic (and Lunatic+) would be better named Masochistic mode.
    I wouldn't say Lunatic's that masochistic since once you get out of the first few chapters the game gives you good characters to rely on. Now Lunatic+ on the other hand, it's basically praying that the RNG doesn't screw you over and give you enemies with Hawkeye and Luna+, there's no fun in that.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 18th April 2013 at 1:59 AM.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Pretty much hits the nail on the head.

And for me it sort of stops being fun at that point. Yeah, some people like the insane challenge, but having it be so heavily based on luck makes me lose interest rapidly.
    I'm with you on this one, Lunatic just killed the game for me. Along with me, over and over.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I'm with you on this one, Lunatic just killed the game for me. Along with me, over and over.
    Slaughtered Yen'fay, haven't lost a single unit, and I'm still going strong!
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Slaughtered Yen'fay, haven't lost a single unit, and I'm still going strong!
    Good to hear! What's your team looking like so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    Good to hear! What's your team looking like so far?
    Great, majority of my troops have maxed out one or two of their stats. Still wish I played as a boy knowing Adversa's skill (and boobies)...

Great, majority of my troops have maxed out one or two of their stats. Still wish I played as a boy knowing Adversa's skill (and boobies)...
    They are glorious.

Both the boobs and the skill.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Speaking of skillful boobies, how does one go about doing Paralogue 22, anyway? I've been trying it for hours now, and I'm not sure what to do. None of my units are suck enough to do it.

Ah that good, sounds like your team's well rounded. I wish my team was that well off...

That sucks, but look at the bright side, you're marrying Walhart and your child shall conquer the two continents and Jugdral!

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Speaking of skillful boobies, how does one go about doing Paralogue 22, anyway? I've been trying it for hours now, and I'm not sure what to do. None of my units are suck enough to do it.
    What does your weakest (relative to the rest) members look like? Possibly what you could do is strip them of their skills excluding maybe rallies and have your best two take the front.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 18th April 2013 at 2:20 AM.

HenryxSumia.... interesting.
    Thats the last person Sumia can pair up with :/
    Or Cynthia never gets born.

Shadow Stars League Normal Gym Leader
    Starstrike Badge Credit to FairyWitch to this great badge!

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Get rid of certain skills (specifically Lethality) that could potentially screw you over. Weapons are also the main variable, as though the stats and abilities are exactly the same, the weapons the enemy uses are pre-determined. So using forged weapons or Legendary weapons from Infinite Regalia will definitely help you out. And of course, pairing up is the one thing you can do that they can't, so Dual Strike/Dual Guard actually work decently to "waste" a skill on them while still giving you the effect.

I was shipping ChromXMarth but yeah... Made it to chapter 13 really loving the game

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieSheen View Post
    I was shipping ChromXMarth but yeah... Made it to chapter 13 really loving the game
    I'm sure that was a real pleasant surprise for you.

I'm sure that was a real pleasant surprise for you.
    XD It was a shocker and had to toss away certain fanart I made

I've gotta ask; does that imply that you didn't let Chrom marry, and thus had him get stuck with a generic village girl wife?

If so, you have my condolences.

I've gotta ask; does that imply that you didn't let Chrom marry
    Dude, think and stop for a second.

You're technically saying that a guy/guy relationship had to happen in the game while that's completely impossible. There's really no implication he married him off to a generic village girl.

I know, I have to get my friends to play this so they can also be disappointed.

Dude, think and stop for a second.

You're technically saying that a guy/guy relationship had to happen in the game while that's completely impossible. There's really no implication he married him off to a generic village girl.
    On the contrary.

Spoiler:- It's about Marth even though it's early in the game but just because people are anal about spoilers here's the spoiler tag:

There's no need to be snide.
    Last edited by KillerDraco; 18th April 2013 at 4:02 AM.

On the contrary.

Spoiler:- It's about Marth even though it's early in the game but just because people are anal about spoilers here's the spoiler tag:

There's no need to be snide.
    What if he really meant what he said?

Okay, okay, we need to stop there.

What if he really meant what he said?

Okay, okay, we need to stop there.
    I agree, stopping here would be for the best.

On a semi-unrelated note, I've found myself wishing there were more platonic supports lately. Or rather, supports with the same gendered characters. It seems like most characters have primarily opposite gender (as prospective romantic partners), and maybe two same gender supports... Not counting the Avatar or Children/Parent supports, of course.

Play as female. Name her Marth. Pretend it's the same thing.
    Laugh when Chrom asks if your name is foreign but says nothing about other Marth.
    Or name self Chrom. And see Chrom asks if Chrom is foreign

I agree, stopping here would be for the best.

On a semi-unrelated note, I've found myself wishing there were more platonic supports lately. Or rather, supports with the same gendered characters. It seems like most characters have primarily opposite gender (as prospective romantic partners), and maybe two same gender supports... Not counting the Avatar or Children/Parent supports, of course.
    I agree, especially since there are some missed opportunities that they could've taken advantage of (TikixNowi for example).

I was surprised that Tiki and Nowi don't even get support conversations, but Nah does with Tiki instead. What, is Nowi too playful to have her talk to her own kind?

Page 138 of 224 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188 ... LastLast