Page 14 of 224 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

Quote Originally Posted by gregjammer View Post
    I like to nitpick on one inaccuracy:

Fire Emblem Gaiden is yet a second stand-alone FE, so TSS is not the only stand-alone...
    Actually, No, it's not. It's a side story. That's why Palla, Catria, and Est are in it and why     Spoiler:- Shhhh:

Anyway, pairings I like are:

Holyn x Briggid
    Dew x Ayra
    Beowulf x Lachesis
    Levin x Tiltyu
    Claude x Fury
    Jamka x Aideen

And then with Sylvia she usually gets Lex or someone else or Claude if I do Noish x Fury. Though I really like Claude x Aideen, cause it gives Rescue and Fortify in Chapter 6 and Rana can easily promote by Chapter 7 with good spam.

Though I keep telling myself I need to try Claude x Lachesis and Lex x Tiltyu one of these days. Maybe Holyn x Sylvia for laughs.

I would like to ask a question about the stat bonuses in Radiant Dawn when transferring data from PoR.

When you "max out a stat" for a bonus, is it the actual stat cap or the class stat maximum?

Also, I assume you can put these bonuses on an Easy file on Radiant Dawn so long as it is not easy data from Path of Radiance.

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

If you raise a PoR character's stat, no matter which, up to the very highest it can go, which you'll know by it flashing green, the bonus is added on. If Largo gets a stat cap, it transfers over to Callil's stats.

Also, I think the stat bonus only applies if said character made it to level 20 in both classes, except for the pre-promoted units for obvious reasons.

Radiant Dawn Easy Mode is safe for data transfer, as the game analyzes the PoR data first before you can pick a difficulty mode. PoR Easy Mode save data will corrupt the disc, however, unless your copy of Radiant Dawn is one that came after the bug was discovered, which you won't ever find out at this point, or is a PAL disc, but don't quote me on that part.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
    If you raise a PoR character's stat, no matter which, up to the very highest it can go, which you'll know by it flashing green, the bonus is added on. If Largo gets a stat cap, it transfers over to Callil's stats.

Also, I think the stat bonus only applies if said character made it to level 20 in both classes, except for the pre-promoted units for obvious reasons.

Radiant Dawn Easy Mode is safe for data transfer, as the game analyzes the PoR data first before you can pick a difficulty mode. PoR Easy Mode save data will corrupt the disc, however, unless your copy of Radiant Dawn is one that came after the bug was discovered, which you won't ever find out at this point, or is a PAL disc, but don't quote me on that part.
    So if I'm getting this right, say that a class's maximum stat in Magic is 37 (just an example), if you raise it to 37, the highest it can go for that class, then you get the stat bonus, am I right?

While I'm at it, is there a bonus point deduction from waiting to use experience points between chapters? I ask this because I'm thinking about saving some for Mist and Rolf.

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

If you get the stat cap for that character, it gets transferred. Tormod has a maximum magic stat of 30, and Soren has a maximum of 32, but if Tormod reaches his 30, his Magic stat gets boosted in RD regardless.

You earned your bonus points by completing objectives, some of which are optional. There's no penalty to decide and save some up for your weaker characters. Mist and Largo are even constructed to take advantage of the Bonus Exp. system: Mist can't attack at all until she promotes, which makes her a Valkyrie, but when she does promote, she becomes a exceptional healing Canto unit that you have to legitimately try to kill off, as her amazing Luck stat ensures that nearly no move is going to have over a 60% shot of hitting her, and Largo comes in late game at level 7, but with great stats (bar resistance) that help him compare to a trained Boyd.

I save up on my Bonus Exp. all the time. There are a few chapters where one character is crucial, and having the Bonus Exp. to raise that one person to an appropriate level helps even further.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    So if I'm getting this right, say that a class's maximum stat in Magic is 37 (just an example), if you raise it to 37, the highest it can go for that class, then you get the stat bonus, am I right?
    Yes, just make sure that the unit is at level 20 promoted.

While I'm at it, is there a bonus point deduction from waiting to use experience points between chapters? I ask this because I'm thinking about saving some for Mist and Rolf.
    If you mean base experience, no there's not. It's actually a good idea so you can control what stats your unit gets upon leveling up. This is assuming you're talking about Path of Radiance.

Edit: Beaten to it.
    Last edited by sceptile33; 19th August 2011 at 4:33 AM.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

Sceptile: Amazing signature! That's all that needs to be said about Roy.
    Roy's our boy, am I right?! The Sword of Seals is the only thing you should ever use the hamerne spell for... to get 80 uses out of it instead of 20.
    - Known on Smogon as PlatinumMage!! -

John 3:16-For God so loved the world that He gave His only son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
    If you're a Christian and you love Jesus, add this verse to your sig. Started by jesusfreak94.
    Put this in your sig if you think Hoenn deserves remakes!started by Flare64

The Sword of Seals is amazing, and that's why I'm mad at myself for not getting the Hammerne. I'm down to 2 uses in chapter 23. That's the worst mistake I've ever made in Fire Emblem.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

K, doing a playthrough of FE7, Fargus is awsome for starters, but how do I recruit Dart?

I know Rebecca's gotta talk to him.

Should I not have beaten him on the Pirate Tag Game level. (Which was stupidly hard for me because I put every unit I had neglected up to that point in+Eliwood to Areana them up, suffice to say, I had to depend on Criticals to deal with the Black Fang, though Canas made it to level 13)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychout View Post
    Actually, No, it's not. It's a side story. That's why Palla, Catria, and Est are in it and why     Spoiler:- Shhhh:

Anyway, pairings I like are:

Holyn x Briggid
    Dew x Ayra
    Beowulf x Lachesis
    Levin x Tiltyu
    Claude x Fury
    Jamka x Aideen

And then with Sylvia she usually gets Lex or someone else or Claude if I do Noish x Fury. Though I really like Claude x Aideen, cause it gives Rescue and Fortify in Chapter 6 and Rana can easily promote by Chapter 7 with good spam.

Though I keep telling myself I need to try Claude x Lachesis and Lex x Tiltyu one of these days. Maybe Holyn x Sylvia for laughs.
    Have you tried playing with any of the replacement children? I'm replaying FE4, and I'm on the fourth chapter. I have a couple of the mothers paired up with the usual; Aideen x Midir, Lachesis x Fin, Ayra x Holyn, and Fury x Levin, but I still need Sylvia, Briggid, and Tiltyu. Leen's replacement looks a lot better, and I kinda like Patty's as well.

Laylea and Sharlow are pretty good. I've used them once before. The only thing I see the problem with for them, is they have a much harder time getting money than Sylvia's children. They have innate Prayer, and can much easily abuse the arena. I suppose you could have Laylea fall in love with Aless for money for rings or give her the Prayer Sword. The Prayer ring comes a bit late though. Berserk and Charisma are always nice though, and the Barrier sword is pretty good. I'm surprised you don't have Sylvia paired yet. Her growths are obscenely high so it's hard to not pair her unless you kill her.

Tiltyu's subs are okay. Linda is basically a second Tiltyu and she has Elite. Amid isn't as good, but he's still useable. He promotes to Mage Fighter, but he can also still use Tron.

Whatever you do don't get Briggid's subs. Aeselleo is basically Jamka. I used him in a draft and he was actually surprisingly good, but Daisy is a lost cause. She can Prayer abuse I suppose, but she's not promoting unless you stuff a bunch of children down her throat, so she can't get as much money to pass around, which is what you want her to do. If you have the choice, you definitely want to pass down the Ichival.

I'd suggest Briggid x Holyn. You're probably going to have to wait a bunch so they get adjacent bonuses, but otherwise it's great. Holyn can pass down the Hero sword and some other things, and Patty also gets Luna. You can also get her the Prayer sword if you do the breaking glitch with it. But otherwise I'd say Alec, Beowulf, or maybe Dew for her. It's not as good as Holyn, but they do give her Pursuit/Charge, or a Sword skill.

The only other thing is Lachesis x Fin. I've heard it was good, but you can only get the Silver Blade and Thunder sword for Delmund. They don't really need Prayer, which is why I prefer Beowulf for Lachesis. Charge is much more useful, and with it, Nanna can actually finish things off sometimes.

lol, I'm bit too lazy too pair Holyn with Briggid now since he's already paired with Ayra. I paired Briggid with Dew the first time I went through it, but never got far enough into the second gen to see the results.

Thanks anyways. Obviously the replacements are inferior stat-wise, but just wanted to know if they're somewhat usable since I kinda liked Daisy and Laylea's design.

K, doing a playthrough of FE7, Fargus is awsome for starters, but how do I recruit Dart?

I know Rebecca's gotta talk to him.

Should I not have beaten him on the Pirate Tag Game level. (Which was stupidly hard for me because I put every unit I had neglected up to that point in+Eliwood to Areana them up, suffice to say, I had to depend on Criticals to deal with the Black Fang, though Canas made it to level 13)
    You don't "recruit" Dart - on chapter 16X (I think it was, one of the Gaiden chapters involving pirates) you see him as an enemy, and don't kill him. He wont attack you if you dont get in his range. He joins you in a couple or few chapters after that. It's too bad though, in the chapter where you get Dart (he joins you automatically if you didnt kill him) the accuracy drop induced by the fog makes him pretty useless.

But a certain enemy known to be from a country of "fearsome military power" really brings out Dart's usefulness when you get to that part of the game. (hint, what was every other enemy from the later portion of FE6, that would attack in massive quantities?)

John 3:16-For God so loved the world that He gave His only son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
    If you're a Christian and you love Jesus, add this verse to your sig. Started by jesusfreak94.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcanineShrine014029 View Post
    You don't "recruit" Dart - on chapter 16X (I think it was, one of the Gaiden chapters involving pirates) you see him as an enemy, and don't kill him. He wont attack you if you dont get in his range. He joins you in a couple or few chapters after that. It's too bad though, in the chapter where you get Dart (he joins you automatically if you didnt kill him) the accuracy drop induced by the fog makes him pretty useless.

But a certain enemy known to be from a country of "fearsome military power" really brings out Dart's usefulness when you get to that part of the game. (hint, what was every other enemy from the later portion of FE6, that would attack in massive quantities?)
    Um, fog doesn't change accuracy. No weather condition does that. They only decrease either movement or your vision, but weather doesn't actually affect battles.

If you are using Dart, you need to be sure to grab the Ocean Seal hidden in the desert for him.

I killed him getting to the Areana :U

Oh well Dorcas is now a Warrior and he is sweeping places.

(Bartre was Gravely injured in a Boss Battle against that Black Fang Paladin in the Pirate level, after he had them chasing him up north to make it safe to level at the arena)

Arena abusing shot Serra up to level 16.

Psychout: it doesn't? Well, during that chapter, I could have sworn nearly all of Dart's attacks hit the 50-65% range, and nothing more.

Now, on Blazing Sword, I've hit chapter 26. And my gosh, keeping up with two enemy thieves? Having Jaffar, Nino, and Zephiel safe isn't the issue at all. What's with the two chests on the left side, how do I get the treasure out of those if they're pillaged before I can get to them?

Psychout: it doesn't? Well, during that chapter, I could have sworn nearly all of Dart's attacks hit the 50-65% range, and nothing more.

Now, on Blazing Sword, I've hit chapter 26. And my gosh, keeping up with two enemy thieves? Having Jaffar, Nino, and Zephiel safe isn't the issue at all. What's with the two chests on the left side, how do I get the treasure out of those if they're pillaged before I can get to them?

That's just because he uses Axes, which are naturally inaccurate.

The chests have a Rescue Staff, a Brave Lance, a Delphi Shield which protects Fliers from arrows, and a pair of Boots, which I would suggest giving to your Dancer.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    I killed him getting to the Areana :U

Oh well Dorcas is now a Warrior and he is sweeping places.

(Bartre was Gravely injured in a Boss Battle against that Black Fang Paladin in the Pirate level, after he had them chasing him up north to make it safe to level at the arena)

Arena abusing shot Serra up to level 16.
    That is like the worst chapter to arena abuse honestly. Although to be fair I'm the kid that just lets Florina fly past by all the enemies then talk to Fergus. I like my tactician stars, but if you really wanted to abuse you should've just waited until the Fog of War map where you get Ninian.

Star-Lord

I wanted to level my neglected units for the dread isle.

losing 2 people don't phaze me too much, I play the games for fun/storyline.

though tbh I hacked this version, theives now use the animation of rouges, Vulinaries have 5 uses, and the best.

Iron, Steel, Silver, Poison, and Brave Bows all have the Longbow range, Short Bow has the same range as Magic Attacks, and LongBows can reach 6-7 spaces away.

Mainly because archers are useless otherwise, outclassed by Magic. of course Archer's low Base Power keeps things intact, and since the enemies can do it too it makes you wary on how you normally proceed.(Uhai almost killed me several times with his Long Bow)

Magic Seals do make Magic units a bit less useful if you're trying for efficiency. Plus the sorta final boss is magical, so you're gonna be chipping a while unless you go cheap and Luna.

I started a new Raidant Dawn file, after leaving it alone for about two months. With the PoR data transferred I'm going to kill off Mist, not recruit Stefan, and try and get the Soren conversation, and be done with all the content.

I'm in chapter 1-8 right now, after hours of boss abusing. I've left Edward, Leonardo, and Fiona alone and focused on Aran, Nolan, Jill, Meg and Laura, and they're all 2nd tier units now, with Laura taking a Master Seal when her Magic neared her cap.

Say what you want, but I found raising Meg and, in a prior playthrough, Fiona to be very rewarding. Meg never died and doubles a lot of people, and Fiona, having terrible stats when you get her, was paradoxically was my only unit in that playthrough to get ALL her stats capped, with each stat 35+. It was amazing.

Nergal allways get's Falcon Forblazed by Athos, it just feels right.

The Dragon is taken care of quickly via sacred weapons.

How many Magic seals are there in game?

I know there kits-whatever, who I beleive was made from the quintessence of Renault's friend Nergal promised to heal (hece his pilgramage)

(How do you access that Gaiden chapter in the fort agaist the Seal? Hector Mode only right?)

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    Nergal allways get's Falcon Forblazed by Athos, it just feels right.

The Dragon is taken care of quickly via sacred weapons.

How many Magic seals are there in game?

I know there kits-whatever, who I beleive was made from the quintessence of Renault's friend Nergal promised to heal (hece his pilgramage)

(How do you access that Gaiden chapter in the fort agaist the Seal? Hector Mode only right?)
    Kishuna the magic seal appears in chapters 19x, 23x, and 32x. Athos isn't good to fight Nergal with, since depending on the tome he's easily doubled. The sacred weapons also weigh people down a lot, so Canas or Athos with Luna is really the only easy way to defeat the Dragon. Renault's backstory is revealed a lot more in supports, so there's always that.

The magic seal chapters are unlocked by beating 19 in a certain amount of turns, I think under 15, getting 700 exp total between your party in 23, and then beating 32 in a certain amount of turns, I think under 30.

You should look up Elibian Nights. Arch, the creator of the game used FE7 as the backstory and expounded on a lot of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
    Say what you want, but I found raising Meg and, in a prior playthrough, Fiona to be very rewarding. Meg never died and doubles a lot of people, and Fiona, having terrible stats when you get her, was paradoxically was my only unit in that playthrough to get ALL her stats capped, with each stat 35+. It was amazing.
    I really like using Meg actually. I usually really only play for fun, so I'll abuse people and all sorts of stuff. She's a lot harder (AKA, almost impossible) to use on hard mode, but as long as you aren't using many people she's pretty good. I typically use Meg, Laura, Ilyana, and sometimes Eddie for the DB. It's fun when I use Paragon and get Meg to third tier on 1-F. Give her Adept. Her weird growths give her a lot of speed but her cap gets in the way. She'll activate it pretty often though. I always thought they should have made her like an archer or something, and then make Leo the Sword armor at least.

I had been looking through the beta data once, and it was like Edward and Leo originally had switched skills, since it makes more sense for an archer to get hurt and then Wrath chip and the swordfighter to have Cancel. It's pretty interesting when you look through the betas at what was original.

When I get to fighting Nergal, I wanna take him out using Jaffar's silencer. And the Dragon with the Blazing Sword, Durandal!

Do you mean the Magic Seal enemy, that one thing that disables all magic till it's gone? I always find it strange that those are surrounded by high level promoted enemies...

When I get to fighting Nergal, I wanna take him out using Jaffar's silencer. And the Dragon with the Blazing Sword, Durandal!

Do you mean the Magic Seal enemy, that one thing that disables all magic till it's gone? I always find it strange that those are surrounded by high level promoted enemies...
    That's because the Magic seal can't fight, so he needs guards....sorta.

And silencer doesn't work on Nergal or the Dragon. Plus, giving Eliwood the Durandal will basically weigh him down enough to have the dragon double him and kill him. Eliwood is basically useless for that part.

Page 14 of 224 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast