Page 142 of 224 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,550 of 5585

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

Yeah you have to do it fast or you'll get overwhelmed. What I did was have a small team open up the way to the boss and then take him out quickly.

Or if you're feeling cheap, change to Sorcerer, equip Vengence and Mjolnir, pair up with Chrom, stand next to the boss, end turn and watch as your sorcerer gets low in health, activates the skill and criticals for high damage while Chrom follows up with his sword. Bonus points if you have Wrath and Vantage.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

So, gaining experience has become dreadfully slow, especially in the EXPonential Growth map. Reclassing to promoted classes seems to have done a number...

But if I'm right, reclassing to base classes can somehow make level grinding faster once I directly promote from a base class?

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    So, gaining experience has become dreadfully slow, especially in the EXPonential Growth map. Reclassing to promoted classes seems to have done a number...

But if I'm right, reclassing to base classes can somehow make level grinding faster once I directly promote from a base class?
    Nope, since they regain their stats when they're promoted to an advanced class grinding will become a pain once again.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Yeah, beat Grima on Lunatic in two turns. Lunatic+ though...help me...
    I basically had everyone pair up, then move forward with my avatar and Morgan in the middle, using Rally Spectrum twice on all my units. I find the final battle a useful way to level up my characters, seeing as though you can keep going as long as you have weapons to use up.

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

I only used five units in the final battle, anyone who could either dodge consistently or take little damage was all I used.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I always take my strongest units (obviously) to fight. Then I bring a few spotpass characters who cant fight and use them as live bait xD

edit: okay not always. But it's fun when I do that
    Last edited by KikoKo; 21st April 2013 at 10:46 PM.

Don't use exponential growth on super grinded characters Paragon+ Rogues and Redeemers 3 is generally better (or Smash brethren of R&R gives you trouble for whatever reason).

Quote Originally Posted by lindsy95 View Post
    Don't use exponential growth on super grinded characters Paragon+ Rogues and Redeemers 3 is generally better (or Smash brethren of R&R gives you trouble for whatever reason).
    I can't make sense of this post.

I think what they mean is that if you have Paragon equipped to your units and send them into one of those maps (RnR3 being the most preferable), you'll gain more levels doing that due to the vast amount of enemies you'll have to fight, which is more efficient in the long run.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 22nd April 2013 at 2:49 AM.

Don't use Exponential Growth with your super-grinded characters [presumably it is inefficient due to amount of enemies]
    Instead, use Paragon on Rogues & Redeemers 3 [Due to greater amount of enemies that are still strong enough to give decent EXP]
    Barring that, use Smash Brethren 3 if R&R3 is too hard to do consistently

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Don't use Exponential Growth with your super-grinded characters [presumably it is inefficient due to amount of enemies]
    Instead, use Paragon on Rogues & Redeemers 3 [Due to greater amount of enemies that are still strong enough to give decent EXP]
    Barring that, use Smash Brethren 3 if R&R3 is too hard to do consistently
    Better. Thanks.

Woo! My copy arrived early!!

It's hard choosing units when I'm not looking up their growths or what not for my 1st run through. Usually there are at least a few characters early game who look like bench warmers but everyone seems good this time. I'm only up to Chapter 3 though.
    Will-Powered Spriter

R&R 3 is, somehow, harder for me to do than the final boss itself. And I'm not planning on purchasing another DLC batch again.

I'll just have to level grind the units that still receive a lot of EXP, like the SpotPass characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Will-powered Spriter View Post
    Woo! My copy arrived early!!

It's hard choosing units when I'm not looking up their growths or what not for my 1st run through. Usually there are at least a few characters early game who look like bench warmers but everyone seems good this time. I'm only up to Chapter 3 though.
    There really aren't any bad units in Awakening.

R&R 3 is, somehow, harder for me to do than the final boss itself. And I'm not planning on purchasing another DLC batch again.

I'll just have to level grind the units that still receive a lot of EXP, like the SpotPass characters.
    R&R is meant to be challenging, and it certainly is.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Will-powered Spriter View Post
    Like Hydros said, there are no bad units. Classes better than others? Sometimes but in the end it's all situational. Now which units you pair together on the other hand, that does matter. Pair units that aid each other out and aid in the stats that the other has flaws with (for example Sumia and Frederick).

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    R&R is meant to be challenging, and it certainly is.
    Urge...too...make...bad...PUN! R&R usually stands for "rest and relaxation."
    Last edited by ParaChomp; 22nd April 2013 at 7:19 PM. Reason: fixing up message
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Urge...too...make...bad...PUN! R&R usually stands for "rest and relaxation."
    Oh, I know. Don't worry. I didn't think about it until after I'd typed it out, but I posted it knowingly.

Finished! Rushing to beat the final boss was, as I said, suicidal. So that's why I ended up giving tonics everywhere and using Galeforce allies to get rid of the Physic enemies while hacking at the boss. Though I really owe it to Miriel for dealing 45 HP in a critical hit.

*Sees Lunatic+*

Wait, what? One of the two modes gets unlocked whether I cleared a Lunatic playthrough with the respective mode? Oh well. I don't mind Casual Mode at all.
    Last edited by AuraChannelerChris; 23rd April 2013 at 12:30 AM.

Finished! Rushing to beat the final boss was, as I said, suicidal. So that's why I ended up giving tonics everywhere and using Galeforce allies to get rid of the Physic enemies while hacking at the boss. Though I really owe it to Miriel for dealing 45 HP in a critical hit.

*Sees Lunatic+*

Wait, what? One of the two modes gets unlocked whether I cleared a Lunatic playthrough with the respective mode? Oh well. I don't mind Casual Mode at all.
    Good luck with Lunatic+, you may learn to quickly hate yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Good luck with Lunatic+, you may learn to quickly hate yourself.
    Never said I was going to try it.

In fact, maybe I'll do a clean Classic Mode run in Lunatic as a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by KikoKo View Post
    Aaaand it's Lucy's birthday. >Throws confetti in the air<
    Is it sad that I found it cool sharing a birthday with an imaginary character? Because I sure don't think so.
    And as for the item I got, I actually got something good, Katarina's Bolt. Lucina got Eirika's Blade.

Never said I was going to try it.

In fact, maybe I'll do a clean Classic Mode run in Lunatic as a girl.
    Classic Lunatic Mode in Awakening definitely opened things up for me in other games. I can never play PoR on anything but Hard now, for one. And I'm still going through RD Hard Mode, though being on Chapter 3-13 with Edward being the only one to not be horridly RNG screwed is not going to do me any favors. After this, a Classic Lunatic+ run is next on my list, I swear.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    After this, a Classic Lunatic+ run is next on my list, I swear.
    Goodbye sanity, we hardly knew thee.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Goodbye sanity, we hardly knew thee.
    Don't worry, I've survived Thracia 776, so I've been through some dismal situations. Though, I'm prepared only for a fraction of the horrors I'll face. The rest...uhh...I'll have to get back on that, when I actually start playing it, that is.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Don't worry, I've survived Thracia 776, so I've been through some dismal situations. Though, I'm prepared only for a fraction of the horrors I'll face. The rest...uhh...I'll have to get back on that, when I actually start playing it, that is.
    I wish you the best of luck my friend.

Enjoy Fire Emblem: Prepare to Reset Edition.

So far I'm enjoying the game. Up to chapter 7, and been doing the challenges after one disappeared on me when I didn't realise they didn't last forever (or so it seems anyway :<). As standard the characters are enjoyable and much of the dialogue has been pretty entertaining too.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current Article: From RSE to ORAS - what has improved? We look at aspects that changed for better or worse.
    Previous Article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.

Page 142 of 224 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192 ... LastLast