Page 146 of 222 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196 ... LastLast
Results 3,626 to 3,650 of 5530

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

I wonder if there's a mental ward or some kind of rehab institution which is full of people who are having nightmares playing Lunatic+
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    I wonder if there's a mental ward or some kind of rehab institution which is full of people who are having nightmares playing Lunatic+
    I have no doubts about that, it must be downright depressing.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I have no doubts about that, it must be downright depressing.
    I think it would go beyond depression and cross into the realm of madness.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Lunatic+ may be sadistic and unfair, but I sure am having fun with it and am not playing it because I'm a completionist

-Said no one, ever
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL ~ Kid Icarus club ~ Attack on Titan club ~ Xat New Leaf dream code: 4800 2561 7674

Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    Lunatic+ may be sadistic and unfair, but I sure am having fun with it and am not playing it because I'm a completionist

-Said no one, ever
    ...Well played.

Though tbh, the biggest "problem" with Lunatic+ would be the extreme emphasis on luck. If you get a bad hand (so to speak), then you're screwed and it doesn't matter how well you plan.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    I think it would go beyond depression and cross into the realm of madness.
    Indeed, becoming THAT twisted over a video game is very depressing. Cleared all of the other Paralogues bar the springs. Still don't know if pairing my avatar with Walmart Walhart is a good idea anymore due to the lack of weapons that are very effective on beast and armoured foes. There are the stat boosts however...

looks towards the the Vaike

No! I've created a reverse yaoi harem starting myself as the person who everybody wants to sleep with for no apparent reason!
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I need to decide who will I marry in my next file. I don't know if I should be a guy or a girl the next time.
    e.e Maybe... hm

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    No! I've created a reverse yaoi harem starting myself as the person who everybody wants to sleep with for no apparent reason!
    Sounds like every yaoi hentai ever.
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL ~ Kid Icarus club ~ Attack on Titan club ~ Xat New Leaf dream code: 4800 2561 7674

So I decided to try playing a bit more...
    ...and I've decided to save my sanity, for now. I'm done with Lunatic+ for good. There isn't even an ounce of fun left in any of it. There's no way I'm going to spend the next month or so trying, maybe only to beat Chapter 3, which may not be even remotely possible under my circumstances. I'm better off going insane over calculus than over this. :/

Instead, I'm going for another Classic Lunatic run, using a female Avatar for the first time. Just seeing the absence of the Lunatic+ skills filled me with joy, and comparatively, the difficulty is a joke compared to Lunatic+. I've easily had 100 times less resets so far.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Quote Originally Posted by KikoKo View Post
    I need to decide who will I marry in my next file. I don't know if I should be a guy or a girl the next time.
    e.e Maybe... hm
    Adversa, she has an exclusive skill that allows regular tome wielders to use Dark Magic. If not, Walmart Walhart who has a skill that prevents bonus damage done to horsemen and those clad in armour. You can marry one of the other children to pass down their parent's gender exclusive skill. In the long run, they're the only ones you should consider marrying due to their exclusive skills which Morgan is unable to obtain.

Sounds like every yaoi hentai ever.
    Nah, I've just watched too many Japanese cartoons for the health of my sanity.
    Last edited by ParaChomp; 27th April 2013 at 8:51 AM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Nah, I've just watched too many Japanese cartoons for the health of my sanity.
    That reminds me, who else agrees with lissaXmaribelle?

Let's not discuss this.

I do, the game itself ships them, Maribelle even nearly went yandere for Lissa.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    I actually saw this guide earlier, and to be honest, the amount of resetting required is just insane. Getting three great level ups for the Avatar in the Prologue is tedious enough without Lunatic+ skills in the mix. And that's just the Prologue.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    I actually saw this guide earlier, and to be honest, the amount of resetting required is just insane. Getting three great level ups for the Avatar in the Prologue is tedious enough without Lunatic+ skills in the mix. And that's just the Prologue.
    Sometimes you need to make sacrifices...that don't involve deaths.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Special: Ace Attorney - All Breakdowns (+ PL & PW:AA)

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Sometimes you need to make sacrifices...that don't involve deaths.
    I don't know, time like that isn't exactly something I'd want to sacrifice. Unless I get something in return besides personal satisfaction.

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    I don't know, time like that isn't exactly something I'd want to sacrifice. Unless I get something in return besides personal satisfaction.
    Can you even really say it satisfying when all you're doing is getting lucky? I guess people with gambling addictions must feel this way.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Can you even really say it satisfying when all you're doing is getting lucky? I guess people with gambling addictions must feel this way.
    Pretty much. Doesn't help that there's the gambler's fallacy in thinking that maybe the next time, you'll get lucky, especially if previous attempts were not.

But considering video games are meant for fun, and to de-stress... yeah, having to practically gamble just to be able to achieve the bare minimum victory is really nothing short of masochism.

When you put it that way, no, I suppose you can't. I don't mean to suggest that I actually had any personal satisfaction in my attempts, though that was my initial expectation before I tried Lunatic+.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    But considering video games are meant for fun, and to de-stress... yeah, having to practically gamble just to be able to achieve the bare minimum victory is really nothing short of masochism.
    That's exactly why I gave up on that. There's no point in trying something in a game unless you have fun doing it. And to be honest, having to deal with 50% of the enemies having Counter that early in the game is in no way fun, under any circumstance.

It's fun if you enjoy torture.

But I need to beat Lunatic and Lunatic+. Solely to say I did it. xD

Quote Originally Posted by KikoKo View Post
    It's fun if you enjoy torture.

But I need to beat Lunatic and Lunatic+. Solely to say I did it. xD
    Dumb kid here with a question: Does + mean classic, or if not, then what?

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Trainer X View Post
    Dumb kid here with a question: Does + mean classic, or if not, then what?
    The + means it's harder than Lunatic in that it's even more Lunatic.

Short answer: random enemies get random +skills that activate all the time regardless. Frederick can die by Luna+ enemies in the very first chapter.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Special: Ace Attorney - All Breakdowns (+ PL & PW:AA)

Lunatic+ is a difficulty that is unlocked after beating Lunatic.

edit: adding on to what Aura said. Some enemies also have Hawkeye. Combining with Luna+ means you will die unless someone dual guards.
    Since Hawkeye makes it so all their attacks will always hit. And with a Luna that has 100% activation rate... yeah. Pray to Naga that you don't
    get too unlucky early on

Lethality or astra for olivia? I want to get one more class in before going back to dancer, qnd I allready have galeforce.

Page 146 of 222 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196 ... LastLast