Page 147 of 222 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,675 of 5530

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    Lethality or astra for olivia? I want to get one more class in before going back to dancer, qnd I allready have galeforce.
    Astra is the more reliable of the two, personally. Not only because of the higher activation chance, but because Lethality seems to have a knack for only activating when a normal hit would kill the foe anyway (for me, at least).

Though with Olivia's low strength cap as a dancer, Lethality could be better since each hit of Astra won't be dealing too much damage...

Either one's viable, but personally I'm not a fan of Lethality (despite the obvious cool factor) due to having bad luck with it. It just depends on if you're willing to "gamble", so to speak.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

I'm with Killer Draco, go with Astra. I have Lethality on a couple of my units and it's not nearly as useful.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I third the astra. I generally use Lethality as filler.

Plus, Olivia likes Brave Swords, and those could do extremely well with Astra.
    I have claimed Joltik. Deal with it.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5412 9894 6875
    XL Friend Code: 0189-9263-9995
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.
    You're getting streetpasses at a farmer's market. That's proof enough.
    Dream Address: 5100-2145-7596

Plus, Olivia likes Brave Swords, and those could do extremely well with Astra.
    Who wouldn't like having a Brave weapon? With and without Astra, they're great, and pairing up with another unit with a Brave weapon makes for an insane series of attacks.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

True, but the lower power has always been a bit of a put-off for me. Many times I can get a kill off a single or two blows with a Silver weapon where it would take me two or three with a brave weapon. That's my experience, anyway.
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.

True, but the lower power has always been a bit of a put-off for me. Many times I can get a kill off a single or two blows with a Silver weapon where it would take me two or three with a brave weapon. That's my experience, anyway.
    But Brave weapons allow you two deal more damage in total. The usage doesn't really matter, since getting money to buy them is easy enough.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I almost always lean towards Brave Weapons because often I get more damage-free kills.
    Plus I think that team attacks, criticals, and skills have a chance of occurring each strike

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    But Brave weapons allow you two deal more damage in total. The usage doesn't really matter, since getting money to buy them is easy enough.
    I guarantee I'm doing the wrong thing by using Silver weapons over Brave weapons, but, like I said, it's just my overall preference. Especially when it means that I can one hit enemies that I normally couldn't.

Besides, Regalia and other legendary items obviously top all

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I almost always lean towards Brave Weapons because often I get more damage-free kills.
    Plus I think that team attacks, criticals, and skills have a chance of occurring each strike
    Yep, I had it happen before with Panne and Cordelia, it's really awesome (though a bit overkill XD) when you give the pair up partner brave weapons for 8 normal strikes.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    Yep, I had it happen before with Panne and Cordelia, it's really awesome (though a bit overkill XD) when you give the pair up partner brave weapons for 8 normal strikes.
    And then you throw Astra into the mix.

Sit back as you casually watch your pair strike the opponent 24 times. Unless, Astra can activate on a paired unit too(which I doubt), as in that case: 40 strikes, if anything can even survive to the final strike.

Also:
        Spoiler:- On Lucina's inheritance::
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    Once you start Chapter 13.

Shenyanigans.

i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Don't be too worried; all of her mothers except Sully (and generic village girl) give Lucina the option to reclass to Pegasus Knight/Dark Flier via Second Seal. So even if you don't get Galeforce on the mother by Chapter 13, she can still get the skill later on.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Don't be too worried; all of her mothers except Sully (and generic village girl) give Lucina the option to reclass to Pegasus Knight/Dark Flier via Second Seal. So even if you don't get Galeforce on the mother by Chapter 13, she can still get the skill later on.
    That's 25 levels I'm not prepared to go through, at least not before I reach the last few chapters, or postgame. Anyway, if you need me I've got 7 levels to grind through. Hopefully, Sumia gets a few bad levelups on the way, since I am going to bench her for a few chapters to allow some of the unpromoted units to catch up. The worse her stats, the quicker the gets back on the team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

That's 25 levels I'm not prepared to go through, at least not before I reach the last few chapters, or postgame. Anyway, if you need me I've got 7 levels to grind through. Hopefully, Sumia gets a few bad levelups on the way, since I am going to bench her for a few chapters to allow some of the unpromoted units to catch up. The worse her stats, the quicker the gets back on the team.

If you're promoted Lv. 10+, you can use Second Seals to reclass to other promoted classes. You're better off doing that later on, when enemies can give you decent Exp., rather than now.

i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post

If you're promoted Lv. 10+, you can use Second Seals to reclass to other promoted classes. You're better off doing that later on, when enemies can give you decent Exp., rather than now.
    Basically this. The enemies later on give you better EXP at higher levels, making it less time-intensive in the long run than it is trying to get level 15 on an advanced class prior to Chapter 13. I've done it both ways, and hated trying to rush Galeforce prior to recruiting her compared to getting it via reclassing.

But, to each their own.

New DLC (unless I'm late to the party)! Harvest Scramble is interesting. The enemy risen are weak but all of them have a luck stat of 50 and Miracle along with either counter or vengeance. That said, let them attack you and take out the ones with counter with long-range weapons that are also able to attack directly. The main gimmick of the map are the many support conversations the children can have, Inigo-Gerome and Severa-Kjelle are pretty funny.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    New DLC (unless I'm late to the party)! Harvest Scramble is interesting. The enemy risen are weak but all of them have a luck stat of 50 and Miracle along with either counter or vengeance. That said, let them attack you and take out the ones with counter with long-range weapons that are also able to attack directly. The main gimmick of the map are the many support conversations the children can have, Inigo-Gerome and Severa-Kjelle are pretty funny.
    You're not TOO late to the party... it only came out last Thursday. But yeah, the support conversations are pretty interesting. Some range from purely for comic relief (Tharja-Nowi being the obvious one) to pretty damn deep (Panne-Olivia and Owain-Inigo, for instance).

On the topic of DLC, do I get a little bit off the price of a pack if I buy one of the Xenologues outside of the pack? In other words, do I get the option of completing the pack later for a price reduced by the cost of the chapter I already bought?

On the topic of DLC, do I get a little bit off the price of a pack if I buy one of the Xenologues outside of the pack? In other words, do I get the option of completing the pack later for a price reduced by the cost of the chapter I already bought?
    No. If you're planning to get multiple maps in a pack, it's always a better idea to just buy the bundle from the get go

If I wanted to add a bunch of Avatar characters to the Logbook as quickly as possible, could I simply start a new game and play up to the chapter where I get Wireless access (chapter 4 right?), add the avatar and start over again, repeat this as many times as I want, then recruit those avatars from a master file of sorts and level them up there?

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh View Post
    If I wanted to add a bunch of Avatar characters to the Logbook as quickly as possible, could I simply start a new game and play up to the chapter where I get Wireless access (chapter 4 right?), add the avatar and start over again, repeat this as many times as I want, then recruit those avatars from a master file of sorts and level them up there?
    Well, I guess there's a chance you'd succeed, considering the probability that Nintendo never thought that someone would try it.

P.S. Nice sig. It was, er, Melia, right?

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Trainer X View Post
    Well, I guess there's a chance you'd succeed, considering the probability that Nintendo never thought that someone would try it.

P.S. Nice sig. It was, er, Melia, right?
    Yep that's Melia.

I'm not sure that never thought someone would try it. But you never know. Personally it seems like a waste of time to me.

I want to do something like this. Make avatars based on characters I like without having to play through the entire game a bunch of times. Even if I might never encounter another Awakening player via Streetpass, the novelty is fun to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh View Post
    I want to do something like this. Make avatars based on characters I like without having to play through the entire game a bunch of times. Even if I might never encounter another Awakening player via Streetpass, the novelty is fun to me.
    All you have to do is start a bunch of different files, they're all added to your logbook so you can just recruit them in one file.

Page 147 of 222 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197 ... LastLast