Page 159 of 223 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169209 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,975 of 5554

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

  1. #3951
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Hyrule, Kakariko Village
    Posts
    998

    Default

    I raised Magic and lowered Speed. I usually get x2 and x4 anyways.

        Spoiler:- Morgan:
        Spoiler:- Morgan:


    Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

    Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

  2. #3952
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chapter of Charizard View Post
    I raised Magic and lowered Speed. I usually get x2 and x4 anyways.



        Spoiler:- Morgan:
        Spoiler:- Morgan:


    It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

  3. #3953
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,571

    Default

    We interrupt the brutality that is Apotheosis to bring you this important message:

    Happy Birthday to the obligatory shota Ricken!
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

  4. #3954
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Idols
    Posts
    1,058

    Default

    Happy birthday ricken, I haven't even touched you since the chapter I found you, I'll probably marry you to merial or whatever her name was.
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

  5. #3955
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    Happy birthday ricken, I haven't even touched you since the chapter I found you, I'll probably marry you to merial or whatever her name was.
    He's pretty good, his Speed was terrible for me, however.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  6. #3956
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    He's pretty good, his Speed was terrible for me, however.
    Which is exactly why I didn't use him. The lack of double attacks really killed his potential for me.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

  7. #3957
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Which is exactly why I didn't use him. The lack of double attacks really killed his potential for me.
    If you take the time to grind him so his Speed is actually good he's incredibly useful because of his high Magic.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  8. #3958
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    If you take the time to grind him so his Speed is actually good he's incredibly useful because of his high Magic.
    Didn't have the patience early on. By the time I actually put some EXP into him, I already had Laurent, so... yeah. Laurent was pretty much the nail in Ricken's coffin for me.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

  9. #3959
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    ...where DO I live?
    Posts
    865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Didn't have the patience early on. By the time I actually put some EXP into him, I already had Laurent, so... yeah. Laurent was pretty much the nail in Ricken's coffin for me.
    Like X/Y was the nail in the PS Vita's coffin...or more like the whole coffin itself.


        Spoiler:- Credits:

    I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

  10. #3960
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Idols
    Posts
    1,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Trainer X View Post
    Like X/Y was the nail in the PS Vita's coffin...or more like the whole coffin itself.
    Pokemon has always been on Nintendo handhelds, anyone debating over a 3ds or a vita would probably know that.

    But, onto the topic of unused units, stahl, is he any good?

  11. #3961
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    Pokemon has always been on Nintendo handhelds, anyone debating over a 3ds or a vita would probably know that.

    But, onto the topic of unused units, stahl, is he any good?
    Stahl is very good, from my experience. Sure, he starts in a very awkward chapter, but he's quickly becomes a general on a horse, even as a paladin. So he's a little on the slow side as well. Then he has access to Swordmaster, which is great for skills. Archer skills aren't the most useful addition, but Great Knight and Paladin already give him great skills.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo



  12. #3962
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Northwest England
    Posts
    4,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    Pokemon has always been on Nintendo handhelds, anyone debating over a 3ds or a vita would probably know that.

    But, onto the topic of unused units, stahl, is he any good?
    I agree with gustavo 14: he's pretty much a General on a horse. He has the highest Atk and Def on my team as a Great Knight and just doesn't afraid of anything. He does have big speed issues though meaning he's mostly used as a support unit, which is still a great place to be since he gives +1 move and a lot of Str and Def, which is great for units like Lon'qu or Sully(she got Def screwed for me).
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

  13. #3963
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    I agree with gustavo 14: he's pretty much a General on a horse. He has the highest Atk and Def on my team as a Great Knight and just doesn't afraid of anything. He does have big speed issues though meaning he's mostly used as a support unit, which is still a great place to be since he gives +1 move and a lot of Str and Def, which is great for units like Lon'qu or Sully(she got Def screwed for me).
    I found his Speed was adequate, his Skill was very low for me, though.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  14. #3964
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,571

    Default

    Stahl is the Abel to Sully's Cain. Heck, their support together even references that.

    Stahl packs the better HP, Strength, and Defense, while Sully's generally got better Speed, Skill, and Luck. Well, Sully has better Magic and Resistance too, but the former is not worth mentioning, and the latter is pretty poor for both of them regardless.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

  15. #3965
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    ...where DO I live?
    Posts
    865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Stahl is the Abel to Sully's Cain. Heck, their support together even references that.

    Stahl packs the better HP, Strength, and Defense, while Sully's generally got better Speed, Skill, and Luck. Well, Sully has better Magic and Resistance too, but the former is not worth mentioning, and the latter is pretty poor for both of them regardless.
    And I married her to Kellam...oh well, there's still A Support :/


        Spoiler:- Credits:

    I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

  16. #3966
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Stahl is the Abel to Sully's Cain. Heck, their support together even references that.

    Stahl packs the better HP, Strength, and Defense, while Sully's generally got better Speed, Skill, and Luck. Well, Sully has better Magic and Resistance too, but the former is not worth mentioning, and the latter is pretty poor for both of them regardless.
    Stahl and Sully are far more distinct in terms of growths though. Cain and Abel are so similar, I thought for so long that Abel was supposed to be the faster one.

    It's interesting though, that throughout the series, the calm and composed Cavalier usually is the faster one, yet Cain himself is almost the opposite in terms of personality. You'd think that the "Cain" of the duo in most games would share personality traits with Cain, but I guess as long as the two having opposite personalities, that's good enough for IS.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo



  17. #3967
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Stahl and Sully are far more distinct in terms of growths though. Cain and Abel are so similar, I thought for so long that Abel was supposed to be the faster one.
    To be fair though, most units after Cain and Abel became more distinct in terms of their stats.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

  18. #3968
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    To be fair though, most units after Cain and Abel became more distinct in terms of their stats.
    True, though it's disappointing that some cavalier duos really got shafted in terms of overall viability, like Alec and Noish. At least the more recent duos are equally effective in their own right.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo



  19. #3969
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Idols
    Posts
    1,058

    Default

    Who's kid should I give donnel's godmode skill to?
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

  20. #3970
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    Who's kid should I give donnel's godmode skill to?
    Owain. Always Lissa and Donnel.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  21. #3971
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Northwest England
    Posts
    4,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    Who's kid should I give donnel's godmode skill to?
    You mean Rally Skill Aptitude? I'd give it to the kid with the lowest growths presumably. Its kinda wasted if you give it to Nah or something as she has an easy time levelling.

    Unless you want to use the child using the main campaign, in which case give it to anyone and replace it once the child has caught up statwise to other units.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

  22. #3972
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    Who's kid should I give donnel's godmode skill to?
    Noire would love it, her luck's usually pretty low and Donnel fixes that for her, but yeah any kid not named Severa or Inigo would like to have him as a father.


    It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

  23. #3973
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,571

    Default

    Fun fact: In addition to offering Aptitude and his incredible Luck modifier, Donnel can also enable his potential daughters to get access to the Pegasus Knight (and subsequently Dark Flier) class via Second Seal. So if you want Nah, Kjelle, or Noire to have Galeforce, Donnel can make it happen for them.

    Though Gaius can too.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

  24. #3974

    Default

    Apotheosis is officially the hardest thing to ever grace a Fire Emblem game.

    Those enemies don't even use Limit Breaker because they don't need it.

  25. #3975
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Idols
    Posts
    1,058

    Default

    Rate my nah, as an avatars daughter
    Class; manakete
    Level 15
    Str: 41(+11)
    Mag 36(+6)
    Skill 37(+5)
    Spd 38(+4)
    lck 48
    Def 43(+13)
    Res (+9)
    All stats are green, and have dragonstone plus bonuses
    Father: Mu
    Mother: nowi
    Atk: 64
    Hit:157
    Crit:21
    avo:87
    80/80 HP
    SKills:
    armsthrift
    galeforce
    astra
    pavise
    aegis

    Yeah, I put aegis and pavise on the same unit, I expect the Nobel prize soon.
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

Page 159 of 223 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169209 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •