Page 161 of 224 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171211 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,025 of 5585

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    One of the more interesting (but short) points of the story was finding out the mystery of "Marth". Plus, her background gives her a reason to be going back into the future and fighting, being the exalt and all. Unless you're also suggesting the parents of the children switch around, then maybe.

The problem with Morgan was that he was the Robin's child and the gender (and possibly hair color) would change because of it. Who would Morgan look like in the first place?

On a technical scale, I personally think it wouldn't be as entertaining.
    Well, I think having morgan as chrom's daughter but marth still being who marth is would be more of an interesting situation.

Also morgan is one of the best girls, and I wish she was a possible marriage possibility
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

One of the more interesting (but short) points of the story was finding out the mystery of "Marth". Plus, her background gives her a reason to be going back into the future and fighting, being the exalt and all. Unless you're also suggesting the parents of the children switch around, then maybe.

The problem with Morgan was that he was the Robin's child and the gender (and possibly hair color) would change because of it. Who would Morgan look like in the first place?

On a technical scale, I personally think it wouldn't be as entertaining.
    It also doesn't make sense to switch the two, since Lucina is related to Marth. Morgan isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    What would have been better would be if the children characters had an actual connection to the main plot. Aside from their recruitment chapter and their supports, they just seem like people who join your army for fun most of the time.
    They're optional though, not only optional but in order to have the option to recruit them you have to optionally care about supports. Why waste time working something like that into the story when it's not only easier not to but you can have a more focused story?

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    They're optional though, not only optional but in order to have the option to recruit them you have to optionally care about supports. Why waste time working something like that into the story when it's not only easier not to but you can have a more focused story?
    Plus, for those who truly hunger for plot-heavy stuff regarding the children, that's why the Future Past DLC exists.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Optional, yes, but there's nothing stopping them from adding a conversation or two for children characters, should you have recruited them by "X" Chapter. A major connection wouldn't be necessary, but even a battle conversation or two would be a nice. I understand, though, that due to the nature of the bosses of this game, the game doesn't lend itself to many conversations options, if at all. Though I wouldn't exactly think that Awakening's plot is the most "focused" around after Gangrel, thanks to the whole time travel business opening plot holes, and Valm throwing things off.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

What's a good father for gerome? Thinking about frederick.
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    What's a good father for gerome? Thinking about frederick.
    Frederick's really good, gives him Luna, Aegis, Pavise and Dual Guard making him a great tank. Also, despite the hit to speed the stats are still really good.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

I need to buy all the DLC, cause I've been dieing to have them since I saw them in Japan. But, sometimes I can't so. :/

Shadow Stars League Normal Gym Leader
    Starstrike Badge Credit to FairyWitch to this great badge!

Quote Originally Posted by StarMasterWarrior View Post
    I need to buy all the DLC, cause I've been dieing to have them since I saw them in Japan. But, sometimes I can't so. :/
    Other than the Challenge maps and the Scramble maps, everything else so far is pretty much worth it. Especially the EXPonential Growth, Golden Gaffe, and Infinite Relagia, which have quite the uses to them.

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

Just defeat the Infinite Regalia boss early in the game with a promoted unit using Celica's Gale to obtain the Silver Card before finishing the first half of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Trainer X View Post
    Other than the Challenge maps and the Scramble maps, everything else so far is pretty much worth it. Especially the EXPonential Growth, Golden Gaffe, and Infinite Relagia, which have quite the uses to them.
    Pretty much this. As far as a single pack is concerned, the Golden Pack gives you the most bang for your buck. I mean, the DLC skills (Limit Breaker especially) and classes are undoubtedly great, but there's no other single pack in which all three maps have great rewards.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Damnit! So close to beating Apotheosis, curse you Anna!

Anyway...

Yeah I definitely say get the Golden Pack first, even if you don't get the rest of the DLC it's worth it just for the help it gives you ingame.

For the rest: I'd definitely suggest getting the LB and SB packs for the skills/classes while only getting Ike's map in RnR for LV, the rest in the pack isn't worth it. The Challenge maps and Apotheosis are good for a challenge and that's it (Ok, that and Palla, Rally Strength on a FalcoKnight is awesome), Scramble if you're looking for humor/more character and Future Past for a really nice mini-storyline and slight challenge. After that, there's nothing much to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    For the rest: I'd definitely suggest getting the LB and SB packs for the skills/classes while only getting Ike's map in RnR for LV, the rest in the pack isn't worth it. The Challenge maps and Apotheosis are good for a challenge and that's it (Ok, that and Palla, Rally Strength on a FalcoKnight is awesome), Scramble if you're looking for humor/more character and Future Past for a really nice mini-storyline and slight challenge. After that, there's nothing much to get.
    Don't forget Counter. Est and Catria also have a great set of skills too. Most notably Est with her very typical and amazing skills. If anything, the Whitewing sisters and Katarina make the most of being a DLC character with amazing skills.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Finally! The goddess has fallen, the castle is conquered, Apotheosis is done! Thank you Naga!

*ahem* Sorry, that just took a while and I'm just happy to finally have it behind me.

Don't forget Counter. Est and Catria also have a great set of skills too. Most notably Est with her very typical and amazing skills. If anything, the Whitewing sisters and Katarina make the most of being a DLC character with amazing skills.
    You're right, I totally forgot about those skills. Katarina in particular is very worth it as a DLC character though you have to survive Apotheosis for her...

While I know the mother supports are pretty much the same, does Lucina have different support conversations with different siblings? It is it the same with Morgan?
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Finally! The goddess has fallen, the castle is conquered, Apotheosis is done! Thank you Naga!

*ahem* Sorry, that just took a while and I'm just happy to finally have it behind me.

You're right, I totally forgot about those skills. Katarina in particular is very worth it as a DLC character though you have to survive Apotheosis for her...
    It's such a shame that you can't have legacy characters on a Streetpass team, though, since I'd love to use them for it. At least Est is fun to train, with Aptitude on and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    While I know the mother supports are pretty much the same, does Lucina have different support conversations with different siblings? It is it the same with Morgan?
    While I haven't actually done the Lucina x Morgan sibling support, I know that the support with her other siblings is pretty much the same. With such a limited selection of siblings, though, you'd expect otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    They're essentially the same, but there are some minor differences though. For instance, in the B-rank support, Inigo will mention that using Falchion would be cool because "You couldn't keep the girls away", while Cynthia will mention that using Falchion would be "totally heroic and awesome". In other words, a line here or there might change for the sibling, but overall they're the same.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    They're essentially the same, but there are some minor differences though. For instance, in the B-rank support, Inigo will mention that using Falchion would be cool because "You couldn't keep the girls away", while Cynthia will mention that using Falchion would be "totally heroic and awesome". In other words, a line here or there might change for the sibling, but overall they're the same.
    Which is really too bad. All the supports are really good, I wish they'd taken the time to write more.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

While I haven't actually done the Lucina x Morgan sibling support, I know that the support with her other siblings is pretty much the same. With such a limited selection of siblings, though, you'd expect otherwise.
    Well, thats 4 other playthroughs I'm not doing anymore. While I can forgive generic father supports since each child has 12-13 different fathers or so, I did expect unique supports here.

Which is really too bad. All the supports are really good, I wish they'd taken the time to write more.
    To be fair, they had to write 144 support conversations(for all 48 characters, not counting the S supports) for the Avatar alone. I know that at least some supports change depending on the avatar's gender as well, such as AvatarxChrom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8
    To be fair, they had to write 144 support conversations(for all 48 characters, not counting the S supports) for the Avatar alone. I know that at least some supports change depending on the avatar's gender as well, such as AvatarxChrom.
    True, but this is just part of the game. You can't get lazy on certain parts, just because it's a lot of work. Plus, the have a ton of staff to work on it; every convo should be it's best. Anyways, has anyone done the ChercheXGregor support? Pretty g00d. It's funny. I love Gregor; as a Bow Knight, he's like an Uber in FE. XD

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

Quote Originally Posted by Chapter of Charizard View Post
    True, but this is just part of the game. You can't get lazy on certain parts, just because it's a lot of work. Plus, the have a ton of staff to work on it; every convo should be it's best. Anyways, has anyone done the ChercheXGregor support? Pretty g00d. It's funny. I love Gregor; as a Bow Knight, he's like an Uber in FE. XD
    Bow Knights are pretty unspectacular; as far as Cavalry go I'd say they're the least useful, especially skill-wise. Gregor's much better as a hero, honestly. I'd only consider a Bow Knight for something like Cordelia, who can pick up Bowbreaker to aid her as a flying class (Dark Flier/Falco Knight), but even then I personally prefer Iote's Shield.

Though Gregor has a good mix of hilarious and deep supports. I've always been partial to his supports with Tharja (who has an abundance of pretty darn deep supports herself).

Apotheosis.

NAGA DANG IT! I only made it to the third wave...Anyone wanna talk about this stupidly hard DLC?
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Apotheosis.

NAGA DANG IT! I only made it to the third wave...Anyone wanna talk about this stupidly hard DLC?
    Is that the Archers with Luna+ and Counter?

Wut? No, wave three are the archers, bow knights and Generals.

Though what you just said is even scarier.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Bow Knights are pretty unspectacular; as far as Cavalry go I'd say they're the least useful, especially skill-wise. Gregor's much better as a hero, honestly. I'd only consider a Bow Knight for something like Cordelia, who can pick up Bowbreaker to aid her as a flying class (Dark Flier/Falco Knight), but even then I personally prefer Iote's Shield.

Though Gregor has a good mix of hilarious and deep supports. I've always been partial to his supports with Tharja (who has an abundance of pretty darn deep supports herself).
    The only Bow Knight I used was Noire, and I quickly realized how much I didn't like it. Now she's a Sniper with Pavise. As for supports, I have to say, Owain's supports with Morgan (M) were fantastic. Hilarious, with a touch of seriousness at the end. Easily my favorite set of supports.

That sounds exactly like Chapter 3 on Lunatic+. Seriously, I fully understand the frustration that must have caused.

Wut? No, wave three are the archers, bow knights and Generals.

Though what you just said is even scarier.
    It is, trust me...

What's giving you trouble in that third wave?

That sounds exactly like Chapter 3 on Lunatic+. Seriously, I fully understand the frustration that must have caused.
    Thanks, now I know how you felt dealing with that difficulty. It took a while to figure out a good strategy for those guys. Doesn't help that the boss archer, while he lost Counter substituted it for Aegis+ and Pavise+ (and Vantage+, but the others had that too). >.>

Page 161 of 224 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171211 ... LastLast