Page 163 of 223 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173213 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,075 of 5567

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    Hey! I'm enjoying my reward thank you very much! It's currently sitting there in the convoy... doing nothing at the moment... but it was totally worth it!
    Eh, clearing that piss-scary map is worth it.

Which reminds me that I need to finish those other three piss-scary maps besides Apotheosis.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Eh, clearing that piss-scary map is worth it.

Which reminds me that I need to finish those other three piss-scary maps besides Apotheosis.
    5 Anna firefight isn't too bad, just have a lot of fliers with galeforce.

Roster Rescue, move quickly asap. you want to get to the Risen quickly

Death's embrace. move quickly, galeforce, and a lot of healing staves, psychic, catharsis and fortify. Just note that the spikes only occur at the end of the enemy's turn and the non-spiked area in the center heals anyone there after the spikes.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

And if you have Limit Breaker everywhere, some of the challenge starts to go away. Though Galeforce and fliers everywhere on 5 Anna Firefight can get you done before reinforcements start to swarm you. I do like the unique conditions added to that DLC, especially considering every chapter's victory condition is "Defeat Boss" or "Rout Enemy." I would have liked to see something else like "Seize Location" or "Escape" thrown into the mix.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Regirock

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    And if you have Limit Breaker everywhere, some of the challenge starts to go away. Though Galeforce and fliers everywhere on 5 Anna Firefight can get you done before reinforcements start to swarm you. I do like the unique conditions added to that DLC, especially considering every chapter's victory condition is "Defeat Boss" or "Rout Enemy." I would have liked to see something else like "Seize Location" or "Escape" thrown into the mix.
    The weird thing is that a lot of maps could have very easily been a Seize, escape or defend map and I wonder if maybe early on in development they were.
    Ones that come to mind: Chapter 7 (defend), Chapter 10 (escaping Plegia), that late game chapter with the Mire sages that was almost explicitly an escape map except they had a boss at the end, Tiki's paralogue may as well have been a "defend for x turns" map, and I'm sure some maps would have been easy enough to make a seize.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    The weird thing is that a lot of maps could have very easily been a Seize, escape or defend map and I wonder if maybe early on in development they were.
    Ones that come to mind: Chapter 7 (defend), Chapter 10 (escaping Plegia), that late game chapter with the Mire sages that was almost explicitly an escape map except they had a boss at the end, Tiki's paralogue may as well have been a "defend for x turns" map, and I'm sure some maps would have been easy enough to make a seize.
    I found it odd that they'd gotten rid of a lot of the victory conditions.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Much like Light Magic, chalk it up to things that should've been in the game, but weren't. Oh well...
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    The chapters that served as "defend" chapters easily could have been like that early in development, so I wouldn't be surprised if they had plans for these things earlier on. Even Chapter 9, I think, easily could have been one of those "Arrive in x turns."

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Much like Light Magic, chalk it up to things that should've been in the game, but weren't. Oh well...
    Not just Light magic, but Bishops. I kinda miss having the Bishop class, though Sages serve basically the same purpose anyway. Still, we got very exclusive Dark Magic, so why not Light, or Bishop class to make use of Light exclusively?
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Regirock

Not just Light magic, but Bishops. I kinda miss having the Bishop class, though Sages serve basically the same purpose anyway. Still, we got very exclusive Dark Magic, so why not Light, or Bishop class to make use of Light exclusively?
    I dunno, it's really too bad. But for all that didn't make it in, there was a lot of stuff added.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I dunno, it's really too bad. But for all that didn't make it in, there was a lot of stuff added.
    Yeah, that's true. On the bright side, I suppose it makes playing the older games worthwhile, and it keeps the games distinct in terms of what they offer. Lack of victory conditions is still a bother, though.

Yeah, that's true. On the bright side, I suppose it makes playing the older games worthwhile, and it keeps the games distinct in terms of what they offer. Lack of victory conditions is still a bother, though.
    The victory conditions didn't bother me too much. I guess at the end of the day, it all comes down to personal preference. And the total revamp of the support system (which I hated in previous games due to how limited the number of supports you could obtain were) won me over within 2 chapters of unlocking it, making it more than enough to make up for limited victory conditions for me.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

The victory conditions didn't bother me too much. I guess at the end of the day, it all comes down to personal preference. And the total revamp of the support system (which I hated in previous games due to how limited the number of supports you could obtain were) won me over within 2 chapters of unlocking it, making it more than enough to make up for limited victory conditions for me.
    The support system was definitely done right this time around, though that's a completely different feature. I guess anything is better than another game filled with "Seize" as the condition, like Shadow Dragon, but some chapters definitely could have had a different condition. But they don't, so I guess that's it.

Yeah, the supports definitely made up for it for me. There's a lot of stuff there.

The support system was definitely done right this time around, though that's a completely different feature. I guess anything is better than another game filled with "Seize" as the condition, like Shadow Dragon, but some chapters definitely could have had a different condition. But they don't, so I guess that's it.
    I'd forgotten about that..

I never actually played Shadow Dragon, though from what people tell me, I didn't miss much. So I wouldn't know about that.

I agree. It didn't make sense to have only five tries with each character in previous games. It's like they were discouraged to be friends with everyone...

I never actually played Shadow Dragon, though from what people tell me, I didn't miss much. So I wouldn't know about that.
    If you pick the right characters it's not bad, most of them are so useless that you can sort of screw yourself.

If you pick the right characters it's not bad, most of them are so useless that you can sort of screw yourself.
    Everyone is useless support-wise 'cuz they don't even get a C rank with anybody.

Come the sequel, which we never got, where everyone was finally given characterization.

Everyone is useless support-wise 'cuz they don't even get a C rank with anybody.

Come the sequel, which we never got, where everyone was finally given characterization.
    I'm talking purely gameplay, stat growths. Supports mean nothing in Shadow Dragon.

I agree. It didn't make sense to have only five tries with each character in previous games. It's like they were discouraged to be friends with everyone...
    Still, Ike and Oscar did have some of the greatest support bonuses ever. Radiant Dawn supports were still some of the worst, especially when considering this list of apparently unused support pairings. Shadow Dragon is still worse, since they don't even tell you that support bonuses even exist in the game.

What's terrifying to think about is how most of the characters were worse in the original game. Catria and Palla's buffed growths make it useless to train Est, though, which is ironic considering the Est arcehtype.

What's terrifying to think about is how most of the characters were worse in the original game. Catria and Palla's buffed growths make it useless to train Est, though, which is ironic considering the Est arcehtype.
    So I've heard, what puzzles me is why so many unit's growths are still terrible, despite buffs being given out.

So I've heard, what puzzles me is why so many unit's growths are still terrible, despite buffs being given out.
    Well, it was more than just growths that the characters lacked. Some, like Fighters and Armor Knights, couldn't even promote, so having that promotion was a great help alone. That, and healers actually get EXP for using staves now. I can't imagine having to put up with that ever.

Though along with the buffs, some characters also got nerfed, which is what really baffles me. Est, for one, was nerfed noticeably, but on the bright side, Jagen was given a buff in growths to actually have more than 10% in any stat. And let's not forget Wolf and Sedgar.
    Last edited by Psynergy; 6th June 2013 at 5:33 AM.

Seize could be interesting, but since its always "seize the throne" or something and the boss invariably parks his arse there, it ends up being a regular bosskill map in which you must ferry the lord there.
    For example, you could have two routes to an empty throne, which you must seize. One route has 4-6 Generals which completely block a thin path(say 2 squares wide) while the other route has a ton of mounted enemies (11 or so) but is a bit wider. The Generals have ridiculous defence so most characters aren't KOing them in one round and there is a limit to how many characters can attack each general per turn because they block the path. You risk having the mounted enemies coming up to your army's back end and then you're defending from both sides. If you take the mounted enemies route you're dealing with a lot more (still durable and dangerous) enemies. Then of course you've got the question of whether you've got any Beast Killers/Hammers ready etc.

All you need is a viable reason why the enemy suddenly surrender once some random guy sits on a throne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

...I got $40 today, and I feel like spending most of it on DLC...
    ($10 on the Zelda oracles...but yeah... ))

Wasn't North America supposed to get a new bonus item today, since it is Thursday?

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    Wasn't North America supposed to get a new bonus item today, since it is Thursday?
    Are there even any more left? I wasn't keeping track of how many there were in total.

Are there even any more left? I wasn't keeping track of how many there were in total.
    I believe there were three left. I believe they're Forsetti, Double Bow, and Book of Naga.

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Page 163 of 223 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173213 ... LastLast