Page 164 of 223 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214 ... LastLast
Results 4,076 to 4,100 of 5575

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

Maybe it's bi-weekly, the way DLC was. Time will tell.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

It mostly likey is bi-weekly

edit: and just got the rest of the DLC. XD I seriously love the DLC artworks here
    Last edited by KikoKo; 9th June 2013 at 1:50 AM.

Nintendo ran out of shiny stuff to give us.
    A cool thing to do might be start releasing the DLC for free for that one week its out.
    :3

Shadow Stars League Normal Gym Leader
    Starstrike Badge Credit to FairyWitch to this great badge!

Quote Originally Posted by StarMasterWarrior View Post
    A cool thing to do might be start releasing the DLC for free for that one week its out.
    Unless I've not been keeping up, I jut got Forseti. According to the Japanese order, we still have Double Bow and finally Book of Naga, so they're not done yet. I doubt that they would ever make the DLC free like that, though. From any reasonable standpoint, that's just not a good idea.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Quote Originally Posted by StarMasterWarrior View Post
    If anything it makes more sense to make it free a while after its been released, not when they're most likely to make money from it. Regardless, I don't see them ever making it free.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I doubt they'd ever make it free, but I could see them holding sales for the DLC where it's like half price or such, in an attempt to rekindle interest in the game/convince tight-fisted wads like me to buy it.

Yeah, free definitely won't be happening. Not only does it make it so Nintendo doesn't get money off of it, but it'd be a huge slap in the face to the people who bought it not that long ago. A sale, sure, but free? Ain't happening.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Today's someone's birthday, seeing as there's a mysterious birthday cake in the barracks.

This person's got an Hector's Axe and a second Hector's Axe. Also, four birds were scared today for some reason. Weeeeeird.

Taking a closer look at the cake, the letters "K-E-L-L-A-M" were hidden in plain sight.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Today's someone's birthday, seeing as there's a mysterious birthday cake in the barracks.

This person's got an Hector's Axe and a second Hector's Axe. Also, four birds were scared today for some reason. Weeeeeird.

Taking a closer look at the cake, the letters "K-E-L-L-A-M" were hidden in plain sight.
    Oh come now, obviously Kellam is the curse Tharja placed on you, the cake's a ruse to throw your guard of.

Anyway, happy birthday big guy, here's a comic!

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

I don't think it's anyone's birthday. The cake is probably Gaius testing new recipes silly.

((In all seriousness happy birthday Kellam xD))

just bought awakening today and finished the first couple chapters.

combat is pretty different. guess it's a good thing. pairing up seems like a good way to make jeigans useful.

i'm gonna avoid tier lists for my first run and just pick whoever looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Dragon View Post

combat is pretty different. guess it's a good thing. pairing up seems like a good way to make jeigans useful.

Everyone is good, there are very few characters who have lower growths, but even they'd still be considered good units in any other FE game.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

To be honest, you don't get many characters that are Jeigan-like in Awakening. Sure, there's Frederick, but him included, all characters are very usable the whole way, even on Hard mode. Though mentioning tier lists, things get very restricting on Lunatic mode, since very few characters are useful without absurd level grinding, which requires DLC to even accomplish. But yeah, fun is probably the best approach to the first run.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Unlike previous FE games, there are few, if any, units who are bad to the point of being unusable in Awakening. Pretty much every unit is usable in one way or another, and even Jagens and Oifeys can become useful due to Second Seals.

They aren't any Jagen units, Frederick is more of an Oifey really. But yeah due to infinite reclassing he is broken from the curse of an Oifey.

Also remember than pretty much all units that can be recruited are done so by Chrom (I think there is like 1 or 2 that cannot)
    . Just a friendly reminder, because my friend murdered one of my favourite characters xD

Quote Originally Posted by KikoKo View Post
    They aren't any Jagen units, Frederick is more of an Oifey really. But yeah due to infinite reclassing he is broken from the curse of an Oifey.

Also remember than pretty much all units that can be recruited are done so by Chrom (I think there is like 1 or 2 that cannot)
    . Just a friendly reminder, because my friend murdered one of my favourite characters xD
    Could someone please distinguish between the Jagen and Oifey archtypes for me? All I know is that they are prepromotes that appear at the start of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

oifeys are decent toward the end of the game, jeigans fall off mid-game because their stats for a promoted unit suck. i still like the idea of just sticking freddy onto whatever unit needs exp though

i'm not relying on any guides or anything either, just gonna recruit whoever i can by using storyline hints and if i miss a character or two then whatever.

i haven't played a fire emblem like this since path of radiance, which was my first one. that was probably the most confusing introduction to a series i've ever had. i remember letting soren die and not caring. fun times.
    Last edited by Prelude; 29th June 2013 at 1:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    Could someone please distinguish between the Jagen and Oifey archtypes for me? All I know is that they are prepromotes that appear at the start of the game.
    A Jeigan can refer to either the Jeigans specifically or the entirety of Jeigans and Oifeys. As far as distinction between the two, Jeigans typically have low bases and low growths, which is true of all Jeigans and Oifeys up to even Frederick. True Jeigans, which include Jeigan, Arran, Eyvel, Dagdar and FE6!Marcus also have terrible growths along with that. The others, Oifey, FE7!Marcus, Seth, Titania, Sothe Frederick have much better growths that can carry them to the end of the game as a solid unit. These are also considered Jeigans, but Oifey is the other term used for the archetype, since Oifey was the first Jeigan with usable growths.

True Jeigans are still useful, though, and I hear that some, like Dagdar, are very useful the whole way through due to the game's mechanics and stat caps.

EDIT: ninja'd

i haven't played a fire emblem like this since path of radiance, which was my first one. that was probably the most confusing introduction to a series i've ever had. i remember letting soren die and not caring. fun times.
    Oh, yeah, this must be a drastic change of pace for you then. I really enjoyed Path of Radiance, expect it was much too easy, even on Hard.
    Last edited by Psynergy; 29th June 2013 at 1:46 AM.

oifeys are decent toward the end of the game, jeigans fall off mid-game because their stats for a promoted unit suck. i still like the idea of just sticking freddy onto whatever unit needs exp though
    Ah, thanks. I'm not sure if Freddy would be an Oifey then. For me he fell off hard when my other Cavaliers caught up. A 10/1 Great Knight Sully had better stats in everything than a lvl 4 Frederick. Then again, I regularly hear stories of people who've successfully used him to the final chapter, so maybe mine was just screwed(but I'm not sure how screwed you can get with just 4 level-ups).

i'm not relying on any guides or anything either, just gonna recruit whoever i can by using storyline hints and if i miss a character or two then whatever.
    I played like that on my first Sacred Stones file. I went in completely blind to the characters, gameplay and pretty much everything except for a few snippets of music thanks to smash bros. It was enjoyable but I prefer to plan out my FE playthroughs as otherwise I make irreversible and costly mistakes that Fire Emblem loves to impose, particularly with the promotion items or recruiting certain characters *coughrennaccough*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    Ah, thanks. I'm not sure if Freddy would be an Oifey then. For me he fell off hard when my other Cavaliers caught up. A 10/1 Great Knight Sully had better stats in everything than a lvl 4 Frederick. Then again, I regularly hear stories of people who've successfully used him to the final chapter, so maybe mine was just screwed(but I'm not sure how screwed you can get with just 4 level-ups).
    Fred is generally considered an Oifey, but the exp drop does hurt after a few reclasses. If you really want to see him fall hard in usefulness, Lunatic mode sends him into a trench from which he can never recover by Chapter 11/12. Otherwise, I think he's pretty solid.

Well in FE you generally know who you can recruit due to them not being a generic solider. xD

Spoiler:- Just in case:

anyway Junryman, Recruit and Pupil anybody helping our return? personally I would so buy a new sacred stones remake if the even if pair up system is the only thing of real significance they add.

You wont need a guide. I went through without one and easily recruited every character. The game is really easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    You wont need a guide. I went through without one and easily recruited every character. The game is really easy.
    Well, not Sacred Stones easy, but I'd say it's more user friendly.

And then there's Apotheosis and the Masochistic modes (Lunatic and Lunatic+).

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Well, not Sacred Stones easy, but I'd say it's more user friendly.

And then there's Apotheosis and the Masochistic modes (Lunatic and Lunatic+).
    I think it's probably got second place at least for low difficulty. At least through the story. DLC is another matter entirely.

Page 164 of 223 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214 ... LastLast