Page 165 of 219 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,125 of 5453

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I think it's probably got second place at least for low difficulty. At least through the story. DLC is another matter entirely.
    Path of Radiance's non-Japanese Easy mode comes pretty close, I think. But yeah, Awakening's Normal mode is definitely one of the easiest around.
    Nintendo Network Suggestions //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo // RU RMT

i just got to the father-daughter part. so many feels man

I actually beat Apotheosis today, first try too. It took a ton of turns since I used 2nd gens, and the rest were 1st gen. And the last wave was intense. I only did the normal wave so far, the alternate route doesn't interest me since I wanted the Katarina DLC artwork card.

-

There is more feels on the way,
    Last edited by KikoKo; 29th June 2013 at 11:14 PM.

scrolling through the endgame stuff now. not a bad game, just too easy even without grinding. wish there were more chapters too

wonder how many characters i missed. time to check guides etc for my next run

Quote Originally Posted by Black Dragon View Post
    scrolling through the endgame stuff now. not a bad game, just too easy even without grinding. wish there were more chapters too

Were you playing on Normal? Because Normal mode is very easy, and even boring sometimes. Hard Mode is a lot more fun, and quite difficult without grinding, though Lunatic is something else entirely. Lunatic is totally beatable. Lunatic+, though...
    Nintendo Network Suggestions //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo // RU RMT

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Were you playing on Normal? Because Normal mode is very easy, and even boring sometimes. Hard Mode is a lot more fun, and quite difficult without grinding, though Lunatic is something else entirely. Lunatic is totally beatable. Lunatic+, though...
    Too true. I played on Normal/Classic on my first run through and most enemies didn't even have any skills, let alone stuff like Counter. In fact, the first time I encountered the Counter skill was in Harvest Scramble and I ended up losing Frederick because I hadn't realised how dangerous it can be, especially with 50 Luck Miracle Revenants.

Is the difficulty constant regardless of the mode being played in the DLC? I am a bit worried that a map with just 1 star difficulty forced me to reset the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

i was on hard/classic. i had to reset a few times but that was just being careless and letting my pegasi get picked off with arrows. for the most part the enemies were easily overwhelmed by 1) putting a defensive unit on chrom or any other strong unit, or 2) unleashing the villager

2) took a lot of kill feeding but it was pretty obviously worth it

skills also activated just about every other battle so my assassin hit 20 really early

i'd still say it's the best fire emblem to come to america, though. avatar creation + world map + full support/marriage/children system + branched promotions, it's like every fire emblem put into one. and then the dlc basically does make it every fire emblem put into one
    Last edited by Prelude; 5th July 2013 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    Too true. I played on Normal/Classic on my first run through and most enemies didn't even have any skills, let alone stuff like Counter. In fact, the first time I encountered the Counter skill was in Harvest Scramble and I ended up losing Frederick because I hadn't realised how dangerous it can be, especially with 50 Luck Miracle Revenants.

Is the difficulty constant regardless of the mode being played in the DLC? I am a bit worried that a map with just 1 star difficulty forced me to reset the game.
    It depends on the map. I know the Golden Pack is constant, which saved me so much in Lunatic with the Silver Card. But then even Champion of Yore 1 is insane if you try it as soon as the Outrealm Gate is available. Champions of Yore 3 started throwing out things like Julia with Book of Naga and Lyn with Sol Katti, so it does depend on difficulty for some. I can't speak from experience for the Scramble Pack, but the enemy data on Serenes says that Harvest Scramble increases with difficulty.

i was on hard/classic. i had to reset a few times but that was just being careless and letting my pegasi get picked off with arrows. for the most part the enemies were easily overwhelmed by 1) putting a defensive unit on chrom or any other strong unit, or 2) unleashing the villager

2) took a lot of kill feeding but it was pretty obviously worth it

skills also activated just about every other battle so my assassin hit 20 really early
    Ah Donnel? I still haven't used him once. I'm still not used to relying on Ests (even though he isn't one, technically), though definitely give Lunatic Mode a try. Seriously, if Hard wasn't too bad for you, Lunatic is great. I hated it at first, but it's actually fun when basic units are a challenge as well. Seriously though, Lunatic+ is a nightmare. There is nothing reasonable about it. Just telling you how awful it is isn't enough.
    Last edited by Psynergy; 5th July 2013 at 12:36 AM.

They are 49 playable characters iirc.

Anyways try Lunatic/Lunatic+ mode and try to enjoy your wonder Fir-... Frederick Emblem playthrough! xD

Yeah Lunatic+ just stops being fun. Lunatic is hard, but the challenge makes it fun. Lunatic+ is masochistic. You need nigh perfect luck to even stand a chance. And sometimes, if luck isn't on your side, you can lose before the battle even begins (i.e., the enemy having an unfair skill set). It's just... cruel to the point where you will be resetting every couple minutes.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by KikoKo View Post
    They are 49 playable characters iirc.

Anyways try Lunatic/Lunatic+ mode and try to enjoy your wonder Fir-... Frederick Emblem playthrough! xD
    50 characters, actually, but the game prevents you to have both Morgans.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Metroid Prime Trilogy - Metroid Prime 3: Corruption / Mega Man Battle Network

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    50 characters, actually, but the game prevents you to have both Morgans.
    if you count both morgans, than both avatars should count too. so 51.

turns out i got all the characters.

lunatic with spotpass characters? brb all female swords team

It depends on the map. I know the Golden Pack is constant, which saved me so much in Lunatic with the Silver Card. But then even Champion of Yore 1 is insane if you try it as soon as the Outrealm Gate is available. Champions of Yore 3 started throwing out things like Julia with Book of Naga and Lyn with Sol Katti, so it does depend on difficulty for some. I can't speak from experience for the Scramble Pack, but the enemy data on Serenes says that Harvest Scramble increases with difficulty.
    Ok. I got the game on launch and Champions of Yore 1 seems pretty pedestrian actually, so I imagine other DLC just won't have such gimmicky opponents.

Ah Donnel? I still haven't used him once. I'm still not used to relying on Ests (even though he isn't one, technically), though definitely give Lunatic Mode a try.
    The children are more like Ests, especially those with harder Paralogues.

Quote Originally Posted by KikoKo View Post
    if you count both morgans, than both avatars should count too. so 51.
    The female and male avatars are pretty much exactly the same support-wise though. iirc, only Chrom, Lon'qu and Aversa are different between genders.

turns out i got all the characters.
    Even the children? Depending on your Avatar's gender and whether they married first or second gen that should be impossible.

Even the children? Depending on your Avatar's gender and whether they married first or second gen that should be impossible.
    Your avatar's gender and spouse matter, you can still get every character. With the exception of the opposite gender avatar and opposite gender Morgan.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I finally got every character in my casual story. I've been using only two pairs in my classic, now. Me, Anna (spouse), Morgan, and Chrom. Usually Anna and I or Chrom and I are together, because morgan wont have a relationship with chrom. I also just finished classic insane mode... My final party (used every time) was me, chrom, cherche, gregor, morgan, laurent, lon 'qu, libra, and olivia. Oh, and lucina. That was my main group- but then olivia died in the final battle, sooooooooo... 0-0

Also, I'm immersed in AC:NL so you might not see me here again in a while.

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

Ok. I got the game on launch and Champions of Yore 1 seems pretty pedestrian actually, so I imagine other DLC just won't have such gimmicky opponents.
    Well, yeah, it quickly becomes easy enough on Lunatic, though not when you've barely finished Chapter 4. Seeing as I didn't bother with most of the Golden Pack, Champions of Yore 1 became my level grinding map for a bit.

The children are more like Ests, especially those with harder Paralogues.
    Yeah, they are closer to Ests, though unlike Donnel, they don't take a hugwe amount of effort to be effective in battle, especially if the parents have high stats. From a traditional standpoint, though, this one doesn't really have any true Est, though the map feature makes it a bit tougher to have one. Besides, most Ests aren't worth it anyway, but it's clear that Donnel is more worthwhile, if you're not playing for efficiency, which I don't think anyone here does.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Your avatar's gender and spouse matter, you can still get every character. With the exception of the opposite gender avatar and opposite gender Morgan.
    Oops. I mixed up pairing off characters and recruiting them. iirc, if you have a Male Avatar and recruit Donnel, then one male character will be forever alone no matter what. Two characters if avatar marries one of the main first gen girls(that is, anyone who can marry most first gen marries + Sumia).

Yeah, they are closer to Ests, though unlike Donnel, they don't take a hugwe amount of effort to be effective in battle, especially if the parents have high stats. From a traditional standpoint, though, this one doesn't really have any true Est, though the map feature makes it a bit tougher to have one. Besides, most Ests aren't worth it anyway, but it's clear that Donnel is more worthwhile, if you're not playing for efficiency, which I don't think anyone here does.
    What's efficiency? Is that just another name for LTC?

I'm sort of doing an LTC run except I'm using specific characters and pairings. Basically, it's most of the characters I didn't use the first time round like Cordelia, Gaius, Maribelle, Henry and Olivia.

What's efficiency? Is that just another name for LTC?

I'm sort of doing an LTC run except I'm using specific characters and pairings. Basically, it's most of the characters I didn't use the first time round like Cordelia, Gaius, Maribelle, Henry and Olivia.
    Yeah, though I think efficiency tends to emphasize the idea of recruiting all characters and completing all reasonable side chapters (not like FE7's 19xx). I've seen LTC players who are willing to not recruit someone just to shave a turn or two off. Now that you bring it up, though...I think I'm going to give it a try on FE7, because of how balanced the game is, and it's been a long time since I've touched that game. I've never played with efficiency as a primary focus, so it will definitely be a new experience.

Yeah, though I think efficiency tends to emphasize the idea of recruiting all characters and completing all reasonable side chapters (not like FE7's 19xx). I've seen LTC players who are willing to not recruit someone just to shave a turn or two off. Now that you bring it up, though...I think I'm going to give it a try on FE7, because of how balanced the game is, and it's been a long time since I've touched that game. I've never played with efficiency as a primary focus, so it will definitely be a new experience.
    So efficiency also considers other goals while LTC is completely focussed upon, well, low turn counts. I guess my run would be considered efficiency then, since I won't, for example sacrifice getting the Boots in Ch17 so I can beat the boss. In fact I specifically remember stalling and even running from the boss so I could get every chest first time round.

So efficiency also considers other goals while LTC is completely focussed upon, well, low turn counts. I guess my run would be considered efficiency then, since I won't, for example sacrifice getting the Boots in Ch17 so I can beat the boss. In fact I specifically remember stalling and even running from the boss so I could get every chest first time round.
    Yeah, to varying degrees, at least. Especially since some games like FE7 and FE5 have their own ranking methods, while others simply give you a turn count. I'd say there is definitely freedom over which term you use. I've seen LTC specified as pure LTC ( where the only focus is turns), and others use LTC and efficiency interchangeably, to an extent. I'd imagine an LTC player might try to get the Boots especially, since 2 movement on the right character can really make a difference, like Marth in Shadow Dragon, or a Flier in the GBA games. My first run, Chapter 17 ended with me rushing to the boss to finish the chapter, because I didn't know there was Boots there, and I had no chest keys or thieves.

Yeah, to varying degrees, at least. Especially since some games like FE7 and FE5 have their own ranking methods, while others simply give you a turn count. I'd say there is definitely freedom over which term you use. I've seen LTC specified as pure LTC ( where the only focus is turns), and others use LTC and efficiency interchangeably, to an extent. I'd imagine an LTC player might try to get the Boots especially, since 2 movement on the right character can really make a difference, like Marth in Shadow Dragon, or a Flier in the GBA games. My first run, Chapter 17 ended with me rushing to the boss to finish the chapter, because I didn't know there was Boots there, and I had no chest keys or thieves.
    Marth's movement is irrelevant in a Shadow Dragon LTC since you're warp staffing Shiida to every boss and then Warp staffing Marth immediately after to capture the throne. Movement is irrelevant.

FINALLY beat Apothesis, on the hard route no less. Now to fill up the support log and get started on that Lunatic run...blech.

On slightly related note, this is beautiful.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

^Yes that is beautiful.

I've started my first Lunatic run guys. It's pretty tough, probably a step up from Shadow Dragon's H5 or New Mystery's Lunatic mode with the addition of enemy skills. The first five chapters are a real pain, and the risen are all equipped with insane weapons and come at high speeds. I can't imagine how Lunatic+ is...

So what difficulties do you guys typically play?

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    FINALLY beat Apothesis, on the hard route no less. Now to fill up the support log and get started on that Lunatic run...blech.

On slightly related note, this is beautiful.
    Is the Shingeki no Kyojin opening the new Guile's Theme?

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Page 165 of 219 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215 ... LastLast