Page 166 of 222 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,150 of 5529

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Is the Shingeki no Kyojin opening the new Guile's Theme?
    Yes. It goes with everything.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Once again, another fine example that Japan gets/gives the better in everything.

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Marth's movement is irrelevant in a Shadow Dragon LTC since you're warp staffing Shiida to every boss and then Warp staffing Marth immediately after to capture the throne. Movement is irrelevant.
    Really? I could have sworn that it would have some use. But looks like I forgot Warp staves are a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Whale55 View Post
    I've started my first Lunatic run guys. It's pretty tough, probably a step up from Shadow Dragon's H5 or New Mystery's Lunatic mode with the addition of enemy skills. The first five chapters are a real pain, and the risen are all equipped with insane weapons and come at high speeds. I can't imagine how Lunatic+ is...

So what difficulties do you guys typically play?
    I'd say Lunatic is definitely up there. The Risen on Lunatic eventually become impossible to beat unless your characters start maxing out stats. Basically, level grinding is impossible without DLC, since Spotpass teams give you 1 EXP per kill, and you get no weapon EXP. Lunatic+, though, we've talked about on the last page. Basically, you can't win without major luck and insane level-up manipulation.

Hard Mode is rather typical for my runs, though if I'm looking for a more serious run, I'll go Lunatic.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    I'd say Lunatic is definitely up there. The Risen on Lunatic eventually become impossible to beat unless your characters start maxing out stats. Basically, level grinding is impossible without DLC, since Spotpass teams give you 1 EXP per kill, and you get no weapon EXP. Lunatic+, though, we've talked about on the last page. Basically, you can't win without major luck and insane level-up manipulation.

Hard Mode is rather typical for my runs, though if I'm looking for a more serious run, I'll go Lunatic.
    I haven't even purchased a DLC map yet. I did notice the 1 exp per enemy stuff, which was quite annoying since that would have been a nice way to grind. I haven't even tried to fight the risen yet, though I should as soon as I have enough units with decent speed.

Speed is like everything in lunatic. Kellam being doubled in hard mode never phased me, but he can get killed by two units with high enough speeds.

I haven't even purchased a DLC map yet. I did notice the 1 exp per enemy stuff, which was quite annoying since that would have been a nice way to grind. I haven't even tried to fight the risen yet, though I should as soon as I have enough units with decent speed.

Speed is like everything in lunatic. Kellam being doubled in hard mode never phased me, but he can get killed by two units with high enough speeds.
    Speed has always been important, but speed isn't enough help against the Risen. After you've progressed a few chapters, the Risen on the map have stats beyond what you need for the final chapter. They're basically unbeatable for most of the game.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Speed has always been important, but speed isn't enough help against the Risen. After you've progressed a few chapters, the Risen on the map have stats beyond what you need for the final chapter. They're basically unbeatable for most of the game.
    Yeah I just beat my first batch of risen, one of which dropped a Rexcaliber, which I'm very pleased about. I'm not saying that other stats aren't important, but I definitely needed good speed and defense to get as far as I already am. I was only able to get past the risen because Frederick had a B support with the avatar, and thus was able to dodge enough Thoron and Rexcaliber attacks to survive. He also was able to double enemies and used Luna fairly often, which was a great plus.

But now I have to restock on javelins.

Yeah I just beat my first batch of risen, one of which dropped a Rexcaliber, which I'm very pleased about. I'm not saying that other stats aren't important, but I definitely needed good speed and defense to get as far as I already am. I was only able to get past the risen because Frederick had a B support with the avatar, and thus was able to dodge enough Thoron and Rexcaliber attacks to survive. He also was able to double enemies and used Luna fairly often, which was a great plus.

But now I have to restock on javelins.
    Well, yeah, they are beatable early on (though not reasonably so), but later on, you won't be able to rely on training of Risen for grinding. I forget exactly which chapter, but when you get that far, you'll know exactly what I mean. It's very annoying, since they just block you from accessing that shop until they go away. And if you didn't already hate Counter enough, it will really show later on. Hit Rate +10 and +20 also get to be a nuisance to deal with as well.

Well, yeah, they are beatable early on (though not reasonably so), but later on, you won't be able to rely on training of Risen for grinding. I forget exactly which chapter, but when you get that far, you'll know exactly what I mean. It's very annoying, since they just block you from accessing that shop until they go away. And if you didn't already hate Counter enough, it will really show later on. Hit Rate +10 and +20 also get to be a nuisance to deal with as well.
    Yeah I've heard that they are unreasonable. I have to resort to DLC, though I'm going to try to get the most out of Lunatic without it for now. Eventually it will come to the point where I need DLC map grinding to continue.

Perhaps they would be possible with the help of a high leveled spotpass team...

oh and counter is incredibly annoying DX

Yeah I've heard that they are unreasonable. I have to resort to DLC, though I'm going to try to get the most out of Lunatic without it for now. Eventually it will come to the point where I need DLC map grinding to continue.

Perhaps they would be possible with the help of a high leveled spotpass team...

oh and counter is incredibly annoying DX
    Too bad you can't send teams to friends playing the game. That way, you can challenge people you know over the internet.

I haven't really had much or a problem with that. Just do a quick check, click the opponents with Counter, and then have your magic characters take them out first. Unless you can hack Dragonskin or something...

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Trainer X View Post
    Too bad you can't send teams to friends playing the game. That way, you can challenge people you know over the internet.

I haven't really had much or a problem with that. Just do a quick check, click the opponents with Counter, and then have your magic characters take them out first. Unless you can hack Dragonskin or something...
    I'm kinda disappointed that there's no internet battling on Awakening. I don't come across enough people irl who have the game, but I have plenty of friends whom I'd challenge over wifi.

I've never seen Fire Emblem as a game that would work well with PvP. Part of the strategy is manipulating the AI, with a human player battles would drag on very long, unless one player had a clear advantage in terms of character stats.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I've never seen Fire Emblem as a game that would work well with PvP. Part of the strategy is manipulating the AI, with a human player battles would drag on very long, unless one player had a clear advantage in terms of character stats.
    More or less. Plus, it opens you up for the infinite trolling setup, where one person could keep a Pegasus Knight with boots or something, and perpetually keep it out of range of the enemy, thus doing nothing but stalling indefinitely with no chance for victory for either side.

Fine-tuning Fire Emblem into a proper PvP game would be... tricky. Not impossible, but tricky.

On an unrelated note, today happens to be the birthday of Cordelia! Who I have appropriately dubbed darling waifu for reasons that should be obvious
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Trainer X View Post
    The problem that arises with Counter is that the enemies with that skill love to suicide rush themselves on your units to purposely get you killed. That, and it's annoying to have to look out for specifically those units while handling everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    More or less. Plus, it opens you up for the infinite trolling setup, where one person could keep a Pegasus Knight with boots or something, and perpetually keep it out of range of the enemy, thus doing nothing but stalling indefinitely with no chance for victory for either side.

Fine-tuning Fire Emblem into a proper PvP game would be... tricky. Not impossible, but tricky.

On an unrelated note, today happens to be the birthday of Cordelia! Who I have appropriately dubbed darling waifu for reasons that should be obvious
    I can see a General with Boots and Acrobat as a fun setup, furthered by being paired up with a unit with Deliverer. And then Mire. So much Mire.

And yay for Cordelia's birthday!

The problem that arises with Counter is that the enemies with that skill love to suicide rush themselves on your units to purposely get you killed. That, and it's annoying to have to look out for specifically those units while handling everything else.
    I always forgot to look for Counter until it had killed someone.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

This would annoy me to no end...

Is it because of redhead Morgan? It's because of redhead Morgan isn't it? That's why in one file, MU married her. On a side note, she makes an effective Hero.

Severa > Cordelia.

Severa > Cordelia.
    To be fair, this is true of most (if not all) of the second generation characters.

Unless you have a map like Breakneck Pass(Chapter 7, appropiately enough Cordelia's join chapter) where you can hide on the cliffs you can eventually force them into a corner since you'll outman the opponent. Unless its entirely boots Peg. Knights, but even then you can chase them down one by one.

This is more or less the AI's de facto strategy, except Counter makes it dangerous. Does anyone now if, for example, a Mage had Counter would it then attack a melee unit at 1-range? I've never gone near Lunatic since it took me 3 tries to get through the demo on Hard (Sacred Stones Normal mode and excessive grinding do not a good FE player make).
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    Unless you have a map like Breakneck Pass(Chapter 7, appropiately enough Cordelia's join chapter) where you can hide on the cliffs you can eventually force them into a corner since you'll outman the opponent. Unless its entirely boots Peg. Knights, but even then you can chase them down one by one.
    I meant more along the lines of, as a last ditch effort to troll/prevent victory in a close battle. Not as the entire crux of the strategy. But a lot of maps would be very easily abused for such things. Like Tiki's join chapter, and the Boat mission.

Though if they did a PvP Fire Emblem, I'd assume they'd have custom maps exclusively for PvP where both sides are relatively "equal" in terms of geographical advantages, and where abuses would be minimized.

I meant more along the lines of, as a last ditch effort to troll/prevent victory in a close battle. Not as the entire crux of the strategy. But a lot of maps would be very easily abused for such things. Like Tiki's join chapter, and the Boat mission.
    Then again, does any serious player go in to battle without a flyer?
    I mean really?

C'mon...

Really?

Though if they did a PvP Fire Emblem, I'd assume they'd have custom maps exclusively for PvP where both sides are relatively "equal" in terms of geographical advantages, and where abuses would be minimized.
    I wonder if they'd allow a map editor. It would've been a lot easier in the GBA days though, since you can just copypaste sprites everywhere. You could cook up some nice shenanigans with that, like placing doors everywhere. Didn't bring a Locktouch user? Well that's a shame unless the Warp staff exists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Then again, does any serious player go in to battle without a flyer?
    I mean really?

C'mon...

Really?
    Unless they pick them off first. I'm just saying, the potential for infinite stall in PvP does exist, and unlike, oh say, Pokemon, there's no inherent mechanic that can prevent stall from going on indefinitely (PP/struggle) if they decide to simply move and evade.

I wonder if they'd allow a map editor. It would've been a lot easier in the GBA days though, since you can just copypaste sprites everywhere. You could cook up some nice shenanigans with that, like placing doors everywhere. Didn't bring a Locktouch user? Well that's a shame unless the Warp staff exists.
    I doubt they'd put in a map editor, simply because it'd be so easily to bias the map in one player's favor.

This is more or less the AI's de facto strategy, except Counter makes it dangerous. Does anyone now if, for example, a Mage had Counter would it then attack a melee unit at 1-range? I've never gone near Lunatic since it took me 3 tries to get through the demo on Hard (Sacred Stones Normal mode and excessive grinding do not a good FE player make).
    I know that Lunatic doesn't load Counter on Mages and the like, but maybe Lunatic+ has those, since I know they give Counter to every other enemy as of Chapter 3, including Archers. I'm not about to try it again to find out, but I can imagine the AI trying that tactic. Still a very interesting thought.

Such as making it so everyone is trapped in a box so they can't escape. As you safely attack via armsthrift Mire.

I doubt they'd put in a map editor, simply because it'd be so easily to bias the map in one player's favor.
    Unless you randomize which side each player is on, in which case it would be pointless.

I think PvP FE could work, provided that you can't use your own units. Maybe give the side that moves first fewer units, and give each side units taken from a predetermined set or five to make it fair.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Unless you randomize which side each player is on, in which case it would be pointless.
    Either way though, the point is that potential for abuse is there (even if the abused isn't always the same), so they probably wouldn't ever do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    I think PvP FE could work, provided that you can't use your own units. Maybe give the side that moves first fewer units, and give each side units taken from a predetermined set or five to make it fair.
    Perhaps, but at the same time that sort of takes the "fun" out of it, per se. Especially in Awakening where mixing and matching skills, classes, inheritance, weapons, etc. results in a bit more freedom than in previous FE games.

My "preferred" solution to the first turn advantage is simply making them unable to attack that first turn. You can still get first crack at positioning, but it prevents you from being able to wipe out a unit or two outright before any chance of retaliation.

Page 166 of 222 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216 ... LastLast