Page 169 of 224 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179219 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,225 of 5585

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Arguably only because there will be that one person who disagrees. Lissa's pretty good early on, anyway. Healers level up quickly and you can then promote her earlier.
    Yeah, I know. You can never make everyone happy. Some people will dislike something for the sake of disliking it. But yeah, Lissa is your only way to heal early on anyway, so on Hard and Lunatic, she's getting levels regardless of whether or not you want to use her. And unlike other healers like Lena and Mist, Lissa has a nice Magic growth to work with her while she's a healer.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Arguably only because there will be that one person who disagrees. Lissa's pretty good early on, anyway. Healers level up quickly and you can then promote her earlier.
    Really? I'd say most of Serenesforest disagrees with you, but over there they're more concerned with efficiency and since Lissa is mainly magical it hurts Owain since starts of as a Myrm(who can struggle strength-wise as it is). While Second Seals are a thing, I'd like to know why Owain could be the best character when people like Morgan exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

I finally finished Apotheosis secret route!
    Well on my new file I got lucky enough to find an Anna and bought a Master/Second Seal.
    I got Lissa to a level 20 Valkyrie before chapter 5.
    [thanks to spotpass teams for many staffs, golden gaffe, and letting
    Chrom be the butt monkey and get attacked endlessly by a stationary boss]

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    Really? I'd say most of Serenesforest disagrees with you, but over there they're more concerned with efficiency and since Lissa is mainly magical it hurts Owain since starts of as a Myrm(who can struggle strength-wise as it is). While Second Seals are a thing, I'd like to know why Owain could be the best character when people like Morgan exist.
    Owain with Donnel as a father does amazing as a Myrmidon/Swordmaster. Besides the fact that pretty well all the children are pretty OP compared to their parents, Owain was definitely the best of all my children characters.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

to be fair everyone does amazing with donnel as a father

Quote Originally Posted by Black Dragon View Post
    to be fair everyone does amazing with donnel as a father
    Except maybe Severa, since Donnel as a father just adds Troubadour to her class set. She'll still be pretty good though, since Cordelia gives her everything she needs already. Not bad, just a waste of Donnel's genes.

Owain with Donnel as a father does amazing as a Myrmidon/Swordmaster. Besides the fact that pretty well all the children are pretty OP compared to their parents, Owain was definitely the best of all my children characters.
    I had a Lon'qu!Owain myself. He was the first one on my team to get a "-faire" skill in Swordfaire which solved any Strength issues. He's a great unit, put I do wish I put in the time to get Lissa Galeforce. I'm finding it more and more useful as I delve further into the postgame. Morgan and Noire still take the cake as my best children characters, but that's only because Avatar is a god literally.

Except maybe Severa, since Donnel as a father just adds Troubadour to her class set. She'll still be pretty good though, since Cordelia gives her everything she needs already. Not bad, just a waste of Donnel's genes.
    Not as bad as Gregor!Inigo, who gets absolutely nothing in terms of classes if I'm not mistaken. Too bad Donnel is terrible for efficiency runs, though.

I had a Lon'qu!Owain myself. He was the first one on my team to get a "-faire" skill in Swordfaire which solved any Strength issues. He's a great unit, put I do wish I put in the time to get Lissa Galeforce. I'm finding it more and more useful as I delve further into the postgame. Morgan and Noire still take the cake as my best children characters, but that's only because Avatar is a god literally.
    Stahl!Owain was what I got in my first run, and he did not disappoint, stat-wise. I had the same problem with Galeforce, though it's not like lacking Galeforce makes any of the children bad characters. Stahl doesn't do too much in terms of classes though, since Sniper/Bow Knight skills are awful, and Paladin/Great Knight didn't give him anything he really needs, except maybe Aegis if he doesn't already have other skills.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Stahl!Owain was what I got in my first run, and he did not disappoint, stat-wise. I had the same problem with Galeforce, though it's not like lacking Galeforce makes any of the children bad characters. Stahl doesn't do too much in terms of classes though, since Sniper/Bow Knight skills are awful, and Paladin/Great Knight didn't give him anything he really needs, except maybe Aegis if he doesn't already have other skills.
    There is Luna though. It's a useful and pretty reliable damage buff, and unless you have Hammers/Armorslayers/etc. its the best way to get past Generals. The only ways I've managed to KO Generals in one round of combat is via Noble Rapier Chrom, Brave weaponry or Luna/Aether activation. Often even crits don't cut it with them.

In other news: Just completed Priam's paralogue. I must say I did vent my bowels slightly when all 50 enemies started charging towards me. There were a few lucky moments, one of them in particular being a General moving to attack Wyvern Lord Panne from 2-range when there was a Warrior who easily could've Silver bowed her to the great rabbit hole in the sky. That and the whole thing only worked through dodge tanking. Only Nowi and Donnel could actually tank their attacks.
    The most ridiculous Luck was at the end of the chapter. I left Lissa in the range of 2 Swordmasters forgetting her crap defence and avoid. Its only thanks to Miracle that I didn't have to defeat the other 48 guys again.

Oh and is it possible for Priam to get Aether? You'd think so being Ike's descendant.

There is Luna though. It's a useful and pretty reliable damage buff, and unless you have Hammers/Armorslayers/etc. its the best way to get past Generals. The only ways I've managed to KO Generals in one round of combat is via Noble Rapier Chrom, Brave weaponry or Luna/Aether activation. Often even crits don't cut it with them.

In other news: Just completed Priam's paralogue. I must say I did vent my bowels slightly when all 50 enemies started charging towards me. There were a few lucky moments, one of them in particular being a General moving to attack Wyvern Lord Panne from 2-range when there was a Warrior who easily could've Silver bowed her to the great rabbit hole in the sky. That and the whole thing only worked through dodge tanking. Only Nowi and Donnel could actually tank their attacks.
    The most ridiculous Luck was at the end of the chapter. I left Lissa in the range of 2 Swordmasters forgetting her crap defence and avoid. Its only thanks to Miracle that I didn't have to defeat the other 48 guys again.

Oh and is it possible for Priam to get Aether? You'd think so being Ike's descendant.
    Yeah, Luna is there, but it's not quite necessary if you already have Astra. I guess that one is up to preference, or what Owain's ending class will be, since Swordmaster isn't a very good class without its massive crit boosts like in previous games. And Priam can't get Aether, as annoying as it may seem. That's why he has Luna and Sol in his skill set, though. That's great enough, seeing as he can't obtain Luna through any of his classes, as well as Swordbreaker and Lancebreaker.

Yeah, Luna is there, but it's not quite necessary if you already have Astra. I guess that one is up to preference, or what Owain's ending class will be, since Swordmaster isn't a very good class without its massive crit boosts like in previous games. And Priam can't get Aether, as annoying as it may seem. That's why he has Luna and Sol in his skill set, though. That's great enough, seeing as he can't obtain Luna through any of his classes, as well as Swordbreaker and Lancebreaker.
    He really should have just been given Aether, I mean, come on. Ike pioneered that skill.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

He really should have just been given Aether, I mean, come on. Ike pioneered that skill.
    You have a point. As nice as Luna/Sol may be, what they should have done was give Chrom a new, unique skill, and then make Aether exclusive to Priam and the Spotpass/DLC Ike. Or if they were willing to break the rules with three of his other skills, they could have just given him Aether over those skills. I'm actually curious as to what they'll do with Chrom in Smash, since most people see Aether the way Ike performs it.

EDIT:
    If Chrom is even in Smash.
    Gah, I had that clarified before I finished my post, and accidentally removed it. It's likely, but still an uncertainty.
    Last edited by Psynergy; 17th July 2013 at 3:17 AM.

You have a point. As nice as Luna/Sol may be, what they should have done was give Chrom a new, unique skill, and then make Aether exclusive to Priam and the Spotpass/DLC Ike. Or if they were willing to break the rules with three of his other skills, they could have just given him Aether over those skills. I'm actually curious as to what they'll do with Chrom in Smash, since most people see Aether the way Ike performs it.
    If Chrom is even in Smash.

i'd bet my dick on at least one fea character being in there. that one arena is already a stage innit? would make sense for it to be chrom. or maybe lucina.

i'd bet my dick on at least one fea character being in there. that one arena is already a stage innit? would make sense for it to be chrom. or maybe lucina.
    I'd rather Lucina, myself. Mostly because I'm willing to bet that if Chrom made it in he'd be another slow character like Ike. Lucina, I feel, would be more Marth-like.

I'd rather Lucina, myself. Mostly because I'm willing to bet that if Chrom made it in he'd be another slow character like Ike. Lucina, I feel, would be more Marth-like.
    I would think she be like the middle character, more powerful than Marth, but faster than Ike/Chrom. Besides, isn't she just one giant walking spoiler?
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Well a popular fan theory (mostly existing to save the IkeSoren ships as an alternative for mpreg, but still), that Priam is connected to Ike via Mist/Boyd.
    So, err. I guess that this will make some sense... On why he didn't inherit Aether. He could be learning it still I suppose.
    Last edited by KikoKo; 17th July 2013 at 4:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    I would think she be like the middle character, more powerful than Marth, but faster than Ike/Chrom. Besides, isn't she just one giant walking spoiler?
    By the time Smash 4 comes out it wont matter.

By the time Smash 4 comes out it wont matter.
    You'll only notice it'll be a spoiler in plain sight once somebody gets to that certain chapter and starts piecing everything together.

Besides, isn't she just one giant walking spoiler?
    zelda's B-Down

they could just call her marth and **** with everybody

so she would look like marth, play like marth, be named marth, but not be marth

Smash bros. spoils quite a lot of the games it includes. Aside from Zelda's Down-B spoiling Oot, it outright tells you on Tetra's trophy that she's actually Zelda. I'm sure it spoils other games, but I can't remember.

they could just call her marth and **** with everybody

so she would look like marth, play like marth, be named marth, but not be marth
    I actually doubt Lucina will make it into Smash Bros. simply because her outfit is exactly the same as Marth except she has long hair and a special scabbard for Awakening Falchion.

Smash bros. spoils quite a lot of the games it includes. Aside from Zelda's Down-B spoiling Oot, it outright tells you on Tetra's trophy that she's actually Zelda. I'm sure it spoils other games, but I can't remember.

I actually doubt Lucina will make it into Smash Bros. simply because her outfit is exactly the same as Marth except she has long hair and a special scabbard for Awakening Falchion.
    Her outfit is completely different from Marth's.

Spoiler:- Side by side comparison:

Her outfit is completely different from Marth's.

Spoiler:- Side by side comparison:
    I was referring to his DLC design, but I forgot that his regular outfit was so different. A bit embarrassing since I played Brawl just yesterday.

Spoiler:- DLC Marth:

I wonder if they'd use the DLC artwork as basis for Marth's model in Smash bros.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's a tough one, since DLC Marth is completely optional, it's hard to consider it canon.

That's a tough one, since DLC Marth is completely optional, it's hard to consider it canon.
    There is FE12 Marth, which is quite possible given the massive update to Marth's appearance in there. That, and it's the most recent game Marth has canonically been in. He would also look truer his actual personality, being a naive youth. In Brawl, he certainly doesn't look his age, but then again, this is Japan we're talking about.

Spoiler:- FE12 Marth:
    Last edited by Psynergy; 17th July 2013 at 7:22 PM.

Page 169 of 224 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179219 ... LastLast