Page 170 of 224 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220 ... LastLast
Results 4,226 to 4,250 of 5585

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

I dunno, his Brawl model could potentially be a 19 year old. I do like his FE12 design better, though.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Yeah, it definitely could be a 19 year old. After all, this is Japan here, and as far as age in relation to appearance goes, some Japanese anime...
    Regardless, I do prefer his FE12 design a lot more than any of his other designs, which don't amount to much else anyway, but I'm placing my greatest hopes for Smash on other things than Marth's design.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

I'm going to be doing a Radiant Dawn Hard mode run soon, and in preparation for it I started a Path of Radiance transfer run, which I finished today. I chose these characters because of where I think I'd need help (Dawn Brigade) and because some characters I like enough to simply always include them. I'd like to share my results just because why not.

Spoiler:- Ike:

Spoiler:- Mia:

Spoiler:- Zihark:

Spoiler:- Nephenee:

Spoiler:- Ilyana:

Spoiler:- Astrid:

Spoiler:- Marcia:

Spoiler:- Jill:

Spoiler:- Geoffrey (Pure BEXP):

I was flipping out that I had so much BEXP to get everyone but Astrid and Geofrey to 19/20 and then still have just barely enough to max out Groffrey from his starting level of 11/20. Last time I tried I only got 6 to 20/20, I also used less stat boosters in this run so I think I did pretty good here. I'm worried about Radiant Dawn's Hard mode, so how will these results affect things (not expecting huge changes/benefits or anything) and how do I compare to any of you who do/did transfer runs?

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh View Post
    I'm going to be doing a Radiant Dawn Hard mode run soon, and in preparation for it I started a Path of Radiance transfer run, which I finished today. I chose these characters because of where I think I'd need help (Dawn Brigade) and because some characters I like enough to simply always include them. I'd like to share my results just because why not.

Spoiler:- Ike:

Spoiler:- Mia:

Spoiler:- Zihark:

Spoiler:- Nephenee:

Spoiler:- Ilyana:

Spoiler:- Astrid:

Spoiler:- Marcia:

Spoiler:- Jill:

Spoiler:- Geoffrey (Pure BEXP):

I was flipping out that I had so much BEXP to get everyone but Astrid and Geofrey to 19/20 and then still have just barely enough to max out Groffrey from his starting level of 11/20. Last time I tried I only got 6 to 20/20, I also used less stat boosters in this run so I think I did pretty good here. I'm worried about Radiant Dawn's Hard mode, so how will these results affect things (not expecting huge changes/benefits or anything) and how do I compare to any of you who do/did transfer runs?
    I'm currently uploading RD's Hard Mode in Youtube with a transfer file. However, my capped stats are kind of all over the place without taking too much important in some units. Ike and Soren, however, did transfer their A Support level to RD.

Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

I wouldn't take these trademarks as hints for a new game. They're far too generic.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh View Post
    Well, Ike is definitely going to love having 2 more speed, since he struggles with that sometimes, and Swordmasters are so fast, that any point of speed helps to try doubling them. Mia's pitifully low starting strength could really use that strength and bulk boost. Jill, Nephenee and Zihark will probably be the most beneficial. Nephenee has trouble catching up to the Greil Mercenaries without boosts, and her joining chapter could get annoying otherwise.

Geoffery has little need for the boosts until the one chapter in Part 3, since Geoffery's Charge is basically the same as it was in Normal Mode, and Astrid is deadweight either way in RD, but everyone knows that. Ilyana is also nearly unusable because Thunder tomes are awful, but she should be holding on to the Red and Blue Gem to give the Ike's group later. It totally saves Ike's money problems in Part 3, and the Dawn Brigade gets enough money anyway. Marcia, I didn't use Marcia much except to Master Crown here early on so that 4-3 and its desert would be easier to deal with. Marcia's your best bet for a useful Seraph Knight, but I didn't use her actively enough to vouch for her usefulness.

Jill and Zihark come with the Dawn Brigade, so that alone will make them useful. Without boosts, Jill is likely to die in 1-5 as an ally, which is very frustrating, so all those boost will help her a lot there, and in the coming chapters. Zihark is great if you want a reliable, heavy hitter early on, so those boosts will help him since he'll otherwise face awkward growth of stats. I used Edward because if his shaky speed goes up in the first few levels, he'll undoubtedly become the Dawn Brigade's biggest asset (he was the only one besides Sothe and Tauroneo who could take more than 1 hit in 3-13 for me). Zihark is almost fail-safe if you don't want to worry about the RNG screwing over Edward, though.

As you get farther into Part 3 and into Part 4 (with the exception of 3-13), the game will feel a lot like Normal mode, and Endgame was almost exactly like Normal Mode, except for Endgame 3, so the Dawn Brigade chapters are the worst of it.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

I'm deciding on whether or not to give Severa the skill Luna. And if I do, should I get rid of Swordfaire or Axefaire?

they'll probably do smtxfe first. fea just came out, too soon to announce a new game

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Chaos View Post
    I'm deciding on whether or not to give Severa the skill Luna. And if I do, should I get rid of Swordfaire or Axefaire?
    You don't necessarily need both Swordfaire and Axefaire. Have Severa cover whichever weapon-type you have the least of in your team and replace the other Faire skill with Luna.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Chaos View Post
    I would probably say so, and if that's the case, then you would be best off getting rid of Axefaire. If she's a Hero class unit, than having the sword weapons would be the best overall, with sword having the advantage over axes, and then Swordfaire if your opponent would trigger such. The only case where Luna wouldn't be as good would be when you're going up against Mages/Sages, because they already have such low Defense stats. For the rest, however, whether it be armor units, sorcerers, etc., Luna would work very well. Just remember to arrange your skills whenever they could be improved with a team you're going up against. Just because you have five slots doesn't mean you can't alternate.

But whatever you want should come first. Such a radiant fan of Skullgirls simply cannot go wrong.

Would I be able to get some guidance on children? I just finished Future Past 1, and am moving on to #2, which has the children Owain, Inigo, Yarne, and Brady. I've already got Inigo settled, being a +300 Dread Fighter and all, but I really am stuck on how to advance with the mothers for the other children. I've been looking all around for figuring out who would be the best parents and whatnot, but it's far too diverse for me to make a decision. My two questions are, what husbands did you guys pick for Lissa, Panne, and Maribelle (and if they were effective), and what would you suggest for the other parent for these three characters? Anything would be appreciated!
    Last edited by Dragon Trainer X; 19th July 2013 at 7:58 PM.

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Trainer X
    Would I be able to get some guidance on children? I just finished Future Past 1, and am moving on to #2, which has the children Owain, Inigo, Yarne, and Brady. I've already got Inigo settled, being a +300 Dread Fighter and all, but I really am stuck on how to advance with the mothers for the other children. I've been looking all around for figuring out who would be the best parents and whatnot, but it's far too diverse for me to make a decision. My two questions are, what husbands did you guys pick for Lissa, Panne, and Maribelle (and if they were effective), and what would you suggest for the other parent for these three characters? Anything would be appreciated!
    Well for me, I chose having Lissa married to MU, and it turned out great having Morgan be a war cleric with Lethality (I sent myself through an Assassin phase) and I had Panne married to Gregor. The support works amazing, but no great abilities were passed on to Yarne. I haven't gotten Marribelle married yet, but my best guess would be her with Kellam or Donny. Kellam covers for Brady's low defense stat, while Donny could pass on Aptitude, which is a great ability for, well, anybody really. I would recommend Donny most likely.

Now I have a question. If I have someone paired up, and it gives a boost to a certain stat, (In this case, luck) would the combined total count for abilities? I've almost got it where Armsthrift always activates, but the luck stat is maxed out, and I want to get it to be always. Thanks for any help.
    Together we ride!
    "You can make anything you want go your way in life. You just have to know how to work the RNG."

Oh boy... chapter 3 on Lunatic+ is so brutal u.u

Quote Originally Posted by KikoKo View Post
    Oh boy... chapter 3 on Lunatic+ is so brutal u.u
    That's exactly how I felt on Lunatic+. I thought Chapter 2 would be the worst of it, because that's how Lunatic was, but Chapter 3 is just terrible. That was the point where I realized it wasn't worth it to keep going with it, because I'd just be resetting so that there wouldn't be Counter enemies everywhere in that chapter. I think the chances of a shiny Pokemon are more tempting than that, especially when it's so difficult just to get past the first few enemies.

I did try resetting until hardly anyone had Counter (only two people). But then everyone had Pavise+/Aegis+ and Hawyeye
    ;~;. The RNG has no mercy does it... Luckily after Ch3 I can have access to the Wireless function, making Chapter 4 easier.
    Then I can drown my sorrows in the EXPotiental Growth DLC... But I don't know/think that would help entirely due to
    Hawkeye/Luna+ combinations.

Quote Originally Posted by KikoKo View Post
    I did try resetting until hardly anyone had Counter (only two people). But then everyone had Pavise+/Aegis+ and Hawyeye
    ;~;. The RNG has no mercy does it... Luckily after Ch3 I can have access to the Wireless function, making Chapter 4 easier.
    Then I can drown my sorrows in the EXPotiental Growth DLC... But I don't know/think that would help entirely due to
    Hawkeye/Luna+ combinations.
    That's what I was worried about. That even after having few Counter enemies, it still wouldn't be enough to win. Some of those combos are so bad that you can't even beat one enemy. Chapter 3 has to be the worst of it, since you can Gradivus spam your way through Chapter 4, but that's if you can reach Chapter 4 at all. Hawkeye/Luna+ just ruins the entire point of defense, and that's obviously not a good thing for high defense units.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Leafeon View Post
    Now I have a question. If I have someone paired up, and it gives a boost to a certain stat, (In this case, luck) would the combined total count for abilities? I've almost got it where Armsthrift always activates, but the luck stat is maxed out, and I want to get it to be always. Thanks for any help.
    Thanks for the help. Unfortunately, I already had Donny to Cherche for a fast growing Gerome with Armsthrift, as well as my MU with Nowi for two god-like unit children. I will try the idea wit Gregor, though.

Yes, as long as the overall luck is over 50, whether it be with support bonuses or not, then Armsthrift will be a 100% trigger. I had that problem with one or two guys until I gave them LB.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Trainer X
    Thanks for the help. Unfortunately, I already had Donny to Cherche for a fast growing Gerome with Armsthrift, as well as my MU with Nowi for two god-like unit children. I will try the idea wit Gregor, though.

Yes, as long as the overall luck is over 50, whether it be with support bonuses or not, then Armsthrift will be a 100% trigger. I had that problem with one or two guys until I gave them LB.
    Thank YOU. Lol. Sorry I couldn't be much help.

But anyways, I have found out that Hero Class Donny with Hauteclere is GODLY. xD I can't believe I passed him up during normal storyline. Anyone else not realize how amazing Donny is until later in the game?
    Together we ride!
    "You can make anything you want go your way in life. You just have to know how to work the RNG."

But anyways, I have found out that Hero Class Donny with Hauteclere is GODLY. xD I can't believe I passed him up during normal storyline. Anyone else not realize how amazing Donny is until later in the game?
    Too many people make the mistake of not using him. He's one of the few firt generation characters that can stand up to the children.

I knew Donnel was amazing when I first saw him, but I didn't feel like grinding for him in that run. He is considered one of the worst characters in the game for efficiency runs because of how much time he wastes to get caught up, though, which is true of all Ests as well. Of course, few of us here play for efficiency anyway, so that doesn't matter too much.

I tossed him a few Energy Drops and Dracoshields for him, with the occasional Confeti's during the matches. He was able to get by without any real problems.

He works great as a Dread Fighter with Hauteclere, Sol, Vengeance, and a rare tome as his disposal. Blasts through the enemies, and you get to choose whether to use the lost Hp for extra damage or recover it easily enough.

I just paired him up with either Stahl or Kellam until he could take a hit on his own. After that point he quickly began to outshine everyone else.

Yes, Aptitude causes Donnel's growth rates to be pretty damn absurd, so by the time he hits level 15 (aka, when I reclass him), he's usually the strongest unit until the kids come into the picture. You get what you pay for with Donnel.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Trainer X View Post
    I would probably say so, and if that's the case, then you would be best off getting rid of Axefaire. If she's a Hero class unit, than having the sword weapons would be the best overall, with sword having the advantage over axes, and then Swordfaire if your opponent would trigger such. The only case where Luna wouldn't be as good would be when you're going up against Mages/Sages, because they already have such low Defense stats. For the rest, however, whether it be armor units, sorcerers, etc., Luna would work very well. Just remember to arrange your skills whenever they could be improved with a team you're going up against. Just because you have five slots doesn't mean you can't alternate.
    Decided to replace Swordfaire with Luna since Inigo has Swordfaire and they're married.

All three pretty much create dual Morgans if they're married to the MaMu, but if you're saving him for someone else I suggest:

Lissa: Lon'qu, Gregor, or Donnel for Physical Owain/Ricken for Magical Owain.

Panne: Anyone who can pass on Barbarian class since you want Yarne out of his Taguel Class. Note: Make sure Panne passes down Lancebreaker to Yarne if any of said fathers can't pass on Wyvern Lord since Panne does not pass down the class line.

Maribelle: Chrom, Gregor, Kellam, Frederick, or Donnel.

Note: Owain and Brady are some of the children who are pretty hard to screw over depending on their father. Yarne on the other hand is useless without the Berserker Class, which is funny since his Mom's a pretty good unit.

Yes, the boosts do push it over 50 or to 50.

Ex: FeMU has a A or S Support with Chrom where her luck stat is at 41, Chrom as a Great Lord gives a + 9 luck boost to anyone he has S support with. This means you now have 50 luck as long as your paired up with him.

Also as a note, I love Owain as an Assassin. I like the yellow assassin suit.
    Last edited by Mark_Chaos; 20th July 2013 at 5:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Trainer X View Post
    My two questions are, what husbands did you guys pick for Lissa, Panne, and Maribelle (and if they were effective), and what would you suggest for the other parent for these three characters? Anything would be appreciated!
    Lissa: Libra, because he passes down the Dark Mage line to Owain, and as a Sorcerer he's pretty a pretty good tank with Vantage/Wrath/Vengeance.

Panne: Gregor. Good mix of modifiers and classes, but Panne needs to pass Lancebreaker down to Yarne.

Maribelle: Henry. See Libra for my reason, only without Vantage.
    Last edited by Artorias; 20th July 2013 at 9:29 AM.
    On #spp and #spp-wifi as: Revan, Aegislash
    FC: 2621-2733-0166
    IGN: Lautrec

Page 170 of 224 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220 ... LastLast