Page 173 of 224 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183223 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,325 of 5585

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    I just focused on Micaiah while giving Edward Beastfoe and Resolve, which was amazing with innate Wrath Skill. Support with Nolan wasn't bad either, because Tarvos is amazing. Zihark didn't get as much focus as I would have liked. Of course, only the start of 3-13 was a pain. After the first few turns, it was simple enough to defend from on top, with Nolan, Tauroneo and Edward on the sides.
    Ah I see, yeah I always preferred having more units for that chapter so I always balanced the gains between those 5-6 (well, mostly Jill, Nolan and Edward, Tauroneo and Volug can get by without too much exp and Micaiah has staves), that way I could cover all the gaps and stairways and even if things got overwhelming someone can swoop in and help them out of the situation (Jill and Volug in particular due to their range).

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Because of so much Sacrifice spamming, Micaiah hit level 20 in the fort stage.

In said stage, Meg got so many levels that she was faster than Edward, which I found hilarious. I should've used Jarod as a second punching bag, but he helped Aran promote.

Went back to this game. Just got Luigi's mansion but I manage to get this in XD

I'm trying Anna as a Sniper, because the only other good sniper i have access to in my classic game is Virion (I didnt get noire) and I really hate him so the lack of a trickster isnt so much of a problem, especially b/c anna is often temed up behind me or morgan. (Anna's my spouse) I missed a lot of kids in my classic game, tho i DID score Lucina, Morgan, Gerome, and Owain. Accidentally killed Cynthia the first battle I used her in... ;~;

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

Quote Originally Posted by Chapter of Charizard View Post
    Went back to this game. Just got Luigi's mansion but I manage to get this in XD

I'm trying Anna as a Sniper, because the only other good sniper i have access to in my classic game is Virion (I didnt get noire) and I really hate him so the lack of a trickster isnt so much of a problem, especially b/c anna is often temed up behind me or morgan. (Anna's my spouse) I missed a lot of kids in my classic game, tho i DID score Lucina, Morgan, Gerome, and Owain. Accidentally killed Cynthia the first battle I used her in... ;~;
    In all honesty, I find Anna to be one of the worst units in the game. Aside from maybe Libra. Her growths just... don't really match up with her classes, imo. She makes an okay support trickster though.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco
    In all honesty, I find Anna to be one of the worst units in the game. Aside from maybe Libra. Her growths just... don't really match up with her classes, imo. She makes an okay support trickster though.
    Well, you haven't seen Libra as a Sorcerer. He's a powerhouse, attacks basically anyone, can't be hurt, and has a steady 81% to get a crit. Lol

P.S. Her?
    Together we ride!
    "You can make anything you want go your way in life. You just have to know how to work the RNG."

That awful moment when you save over your main file ;~;

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Leafeon View Post
    Well, you haven't seen Libra as a Sorcerer. He's a powerhouse, attacks basically anyone, can't be hurt, and has a steady 81% to get a crit. Lol

P.S. Her?
    He was talking about Anna.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Leafeon View Post

P.S. Her?
    The "her" was in reference to Anna. And Libra's growths are all pretty unspectacular, although they are fairly balanced. Even as a Sorceror, he's generally outclassed due to low growth rates, and the natural Dark Mages take less investment to power up. Plus, you can get Laurent just as quickly as it takes to make Libra "good", at which point, every other magic user pretty much becomes obsolete.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    The "her" was in reference to Anna. And Libra's growths are all pretty unspectacular, although they are fairly balanced. Even as a Sorceror, he's generally outclassed due to low growth rates, and the natural Dark Mages take less investment to power up. Plus, you can get Laurent just as quickly as it takes to make Libra "good", at which point, every other magic user pretty much becomes obsolete.
    Laurent 2 op plz nurf

Seriously though, Laurent is incredibly good.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    This. Generally, units that are balanced in terms of growths tend to be unspectacular since they end up fairly lacking in stats you'd especially need for them. PoR Ike is an obvious exception, but Libra for one isn't outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Laurent 2 op plz nurf

Seriously though, Laurent is incredibly good.
    Being one of the children characters, this is almost a given, especially since he's not as lacking in the speed problems of Miriel and especially Ricken. I've never used him during the main game, though training him afterwards, he's good. Not my favorite personality, but better than his mother.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Got round to completing Hot-Spring Scramble today. I'm not sure whether to feel delighted or slightly disappointed that the conversations there are just as good, if not better than the actual supports.

Oh and:

Spoiler:- My sword hand is definitely twitching:

Smexiness level: Owain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    Got round to completing Hot-Spring Scramble today. I'm not sure whether to feel delighted or slightly disappointed that the conversations there are just as good, if not better than the actual supports.
    The fact that the Spotpass characters, and other characters with few non-Avatar supports got several conversations was what really won me over for the Hot Springs.

I personally like Anna. There aren't any other good tricksters other than Gangrel, who I use as a Dark Knight because he's really better off with Magic imo. Plus, I dont use gangrel much anyway, and anna as a trickster is good support because she often gets to do like, a quick 13 damage hit twice. Plus, I dont want to use a powerhouse as a spouse, like, Cherche is my only Wyvern Lord (a class I love) other than Gerome, so I don't want to make her my spouse if she's powerful enough to take on enemies herself. Plus, Morgan gets incredible benefits from being born from Anna. Plus she looks good with red hair xD

This is random but frederick can be pretty amazing. He doesn't really get outclassed, except for maybe by Kjelle.

EDIT:

Yen'Fay becomes INCREDIBLE as an assassin, though his second best class is Swordmaster anyway, his Skill raises though his Speed stays the same.
    Last edited by Chapter; 30th July 2013 at 7:41 PM.

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

This is random but frederick can be pretty amazing. He doesn't really get outclassed, except for maybe by Kjelle.

EDIT:

Yen'Fay becomes INCREDIBLE as an assassin, though his second best class is Swordmaster anyway, his Skill raises though his Speed stays the same.
    I made sure to keep Frederick going, letting him get a slightly higher portion of the enemies when the time came. He really can be the same as in the beginning of the game if you take time to level him up, much like Donnel. Even though she's not his wife, Nowi acts as a good support for him, especially when she's in the Dark Knight class.

I know that those classes allow the best stats for Atk, Skill, and Spd, bu I can't help but like him as Dread Fighter the most. He just seems to be meant for that class.

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

Been getting back into playing Awakening and I've completed 1 Paralogue and just unlocked another 2. Haven't beaten #23, but I also haven't tried in a while, but of course from what I remember it is very hard. Since it's the last Paralogue, I'll probably attempt it once the others are unlocked and beaten (gives me a chance to level up my team a bit).

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Plus, Morgan gets incredible benefits from being born from Anna. Plus she looks good with red hair xD
    There's no real incredible benefit from being born from Anna. The modifiers she'd inherit are pretty unspectacular, barring luck. In addition, she doesn't get access to any special skills or anything (as a Morgan born from Aversa or Walhart would). The benefits are far from "incredible".

Though I will agree on the red hair. But mostly because red is my favorite color.

ACTION FIGURES!

I sold my copy a week ago before realizing the save data feature in the latest 3DS update. Oh well, I still got my team being distributed via Street Pass.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    ACTION FIGURES!

I sold my copy a week ago before realizing the save data feature in the latest 3DS update. Oh well, I still got my team being distributed via Street Pass.
    Lucina > LucinaMarth.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco
    There's no real incredible benefit from being born from Anna. The modifiers she'd inherit are pretty unspectacular, barring luck. In addition, she doesn't get access to any special skills or anything (as a Morgan born from Aversa or Walhart would). The benefits are far from "incredible".

Though I will agree on the red hair. But mostly because red is my favorite color.
    Well, I have Galeforce on my Morgan anyway, and changed her to a Grandmaster in the end. Say'ri is > Anna, but at that point in the game I didn't know Say'ri was going to be available (she was like 2 missions later) and so Anna seemed like the best choice for speed. Also, Chrom was already with Sumia, Sully retired, I didn't want Lissa as my wife cause she already was going to be in my Casual playthrough, and I accidentally killed Tharja instead of talking to her. Plus, I didn't want Tharja as a wife unless it was to Lon'qu, because their both pretty weird and dark. Or, maybe to Henry, though Henry married Olivia because I thought it was funny.

Well, I have Galeforce on my Morgan anyway, and changed her to a Grandmaster in the end. Say'ri is > Anna, but at that point in the game I didn't know Say'ri was going to be available (she was like 2 missions later) and so Anna seemed like the best choice for speed. Also, Chrom was already with Sumia, Sully retired, I didn't want Lissa as my wife cause she already was going to be in my Casual playthrough, and I accidentally killed Tharja instead of talking to her. Plus, I didn't want Tharja as a wife unless it was to Lon'qu, because their both pretty weird and dark. Or, maybe to Henry, though Henry married Olivia because I thought it was funny.
    Say'ri is also a very lacklustre character.

Female Morgan can always have Galeforce. Being the child of the Avatar will unlock all non-gender exclusive classes.

Anna doesn't actually give that much speed. She only gives +1 speed. Her modifiers are actually 1 Mag, 2 Skl, 1 Spd, 4 Luck, 1 Res. Which is rather average but unspectacular. Nothing incredible about her as a mother.

And Say'ri, like Libra and Anna, is average but unspectacular.

Does not (that sounds fancy) Say'ri and give the most Spd for Morgan? If not Im terribly mistaken and ur right lol

Does not (that sounds fancy) Say'ri and give the most Spd for Morgan? If not Im terribly mistaken and ur right lol
    Nope. Panne and Sumia give the most Speed for female Morgan, at +4. Sully and Cordelia are the runners up with +3. Say'ri only gives +2 speed, and there's a handful of other parents who do exactly that as well.

...Well, as far as first generation parents are concerned. This is not factoring in Second-generation characters as parents of Morgan.
    Last edited by KillerDraco; 1st August 2013 at 4:16 AM.

A Gaius!Cynthia!Morgan, Lonqu!Kjelle!Morgan and Lonqu!Severa!Morgan with a Speed Asset, and a non-speed deducting flaw has
    +10 speed. I think
    Last edited by KikoKo; 2nd August 2013 at 5:43 AM.

I maxed out my StreetPass tags for Fire Emblem: Awakening today, along with PMD3D, AC:NL, KI:U, KH3D, and NSMB2. Man, BronyCon is so much fun!

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

Page 173 of 224 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183223 ... LastLast