Page 174 of 222 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184 ... LastLast
Results 4,326 to 4,350 of 5530

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

What do you guys think is the best character in the game? I think Top 5 are, Avatar Unit, Morgan, Gerome, Kjelle, and either Laurent or Henry.

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

Avatar and Morgan, always. They have the most potential due to having access to literally every skill in the game.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Also any other child the Avatar may spawn, since they'll also have access to everything.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Chapter of Charizard View Post
    What do you guys think is the best character in the game? I think Top 5 are, Avatar Unit, Morgan, Gerome, Kjelle, and either Laurent or Henry.
    Is this by personality? In that case: Owain, Morgan(F), Cynthia, Lon'qu, Gangrel.
    Owain because I have a weakness for Large Hams.
    Morgan because she's the most blissfully idiotic genius ever, and her past is even more mysterious than the Avatar's since the only person who remembers a thing is her sibling if she has one.
    Cynthia because you can never have enough Large Ham.
    Lon'qu manages to stand out as a badass character when arguably the entire army is badass for killing dozens if not hundreds of enemies. Couple that with his gynophobia and it makes for some excellent supports, since almost all of them are with women.
    Gangrel because he's imo the best villain in Awakening. I also have a soft spot for slightly insane 'The Joker'-esque villains.

Unless its by ability in battle. In which case, damn well near everybody can do amazing. Except Ricken and Virion. The former starts with the same speed as Kellam, but with no durability and the latter is an early-game Archer in a Fire Emblem game, who invariably suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

FINALLY made it to the Endgame on my Lunatic+ file.
    All I need now is to train my units a bit more.
    and get the spotpass peeps, and Shadowgift Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by KikoKo View Post
    FINALLY made it to the Endgame on my Lunatic+ file.
    All I need now is to train my units a bit more.
    and get the spotpass peeps, and Shadowgift Morgan
    Then just make her a Dark Mage/Sorcerer and get a better skill like Luna or Galeforce or something...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Chaos View Post
    Then just make her a Dark Mage/Sorcerer and get a better skill like Luna or Galeforce or something...
    Nosferatu is pretty gamebreaking, and having it equipped on another class that doesn't allow it normally is just broken.

Those two skills you mentioned can still be obtained through normal Class Changes anyway.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

She can learn those skills normally. So no. The point of the inheritance system is too pass down skills they wouldnt be able to learn normally.
    Example - Galeforce to a male morgan. counter/wrath too a female morgan. Doing that is POINTLESS.
    Plus Grandmaster with shadowgift is cool

She can learn those skills normally. So no. The point of the inheritance system is too pass down skills they wouldnt be able to learn normally.
    Example - Galeforce to a male morgan. counter/wrath too a female morgan. Doing that is POINTLESS.
    You forget Brady and Gerome with Demoiselle.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quite honestly, I love passing those skills down to them. xD

edit: also Shadowgift is like Aether [for chrom's daughters or granddaughter], or Rightful king [for chrom's son(s), or grandson]
    it always passes down. Same with Conquest iirc
    Last edited by KikoKo; 5th August 2013 at 12:04 AM.

Plus Grandmaster with shadowgift is cool
    Counter? Seriously? Now talk about a completely useless skill unless in the hands of the AI.
    And a Shadowgift Grandmaster? That's a pretty bad class to use it with. At least make Morgan a Sage to get full use out of it.

What you should be passing on:

From males: Axefaire, Wrath, Gamble, HP +5, Zeal.
    From females: Lancefaire, Galeforce, Dual Support+.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    You forget Brady and Gerome with Demoiselle.
    Which is pointless since passing down Galeforce to Brady and Dual Support+ to Gerome are much better options.

I am on Lunatic+, Counter is far from useless. Have you played against 50 units with Hawkeye/Luna+? Obviously not
    And I prefer Grandmaster. Sage is good and all for high magic, but Grandmaster can adapt better imo
    Last edited by KikoKo; 5th August 2013 at 12:40 AM.

Which is pointless since passing down Galeforce to Brady and Dual Support+ to Gerome are much better options.
    It was pretty obvious that it was a joke.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Jeez, no need to get your robes in a twist, it's supposed to be a joke mate.

Honestly, with Brady looking like Kanji Tatsumi, it makes the joke even better.

And let's not forget Female Morgan's reaction to seeing unmasked Gerome.

"Hubba hubba! Awoooooo-ga!"

Wonder how that'll work with men eh?
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

I don't mind Demoiselle for Gerome since I ship Inigo and Gerome
    *and no to whoever who thinks its cause of "manhandle" there is way more to it than that

I am on Lunatic+, Counter is far from useless. Have you played against 50 units with Hawkeye/Luna+? Obviously not
    And I prefer Grandmaster. Sage is good and all for high magic, but Grandmaster can adapt better imo
    And you missed the whole "useless skill unless in the hands of the AI" bit...

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    It was pretty obvious that it was a joke.
    Oh well...

But I still find ShadowGift as a novelty skill since Morgan has access to Dark Mage, you should use Sorcerer instead. Hell, even Aversa has access to the Sorcerer class making her skill useless.

Omg. Counter is useful in Lunatic+. I did NOT MISS THAT.
    Seriously do you know how painful HAWKEYE AND LUNA+ COMBO EVEN IS?
    Counter SHOULD NOT be overlooked on Lunatic+.

Omg. Counter is useful in Lunatic+. I did NOT MISS THAT.
    Seriously do you know how painful HAWKEYE AND LUNA+ COMBO EVEN IS?
    Counter SHOULD NOT be overlooked on Lunatic+.
    Oh Luna+, then yes, I can see the use that counter can provide. However, considering how enemies act, I won't be surprised if ranged users targeted them, making counter useless.

Okay where do I start....
    Yes the AI will be trying to take advantage of certain units, but your goal is to win (obvs).
    So logically you would want to trick the AI in order to exploit your skills.
    Such as luring certain units into an area for example. You can always place your unit
    in a certain place so that you can force units like enemy mages to attack in an adjacent tile.
    Of course they may be overwhelmed quickly depending on how many units have certain skills.
    But if you have a powerful healer on them or have other skills that restore health that should
    help make up for any hp loss.
    Counter is never really useless on Lunatic+.

But I still find ShadowGift as a novelty skill since Morgan has access to Dark Mage, you should use Sorcerer instead. Hell, even Aversa has access to the Sorcerer class making her skill useless.
    Except that if you lock on to Sorcerer, you don't take on the pros of other classes. What if you wanted to use dark magic and be fast, for example?

Cipher sent us to hell - but we're going even deeper - take back every Pokemon that we've lost!
    Wakin, I'm already a demon...
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    Except that if you lock on to Sorcerer, you don't take on the pros of other classes. What if you wanted to use dark magic and be fast, for example?
    Speed loses half it's use once you encounter enemies with Hawkeye, essentially turning you're avo from something like 200 to 0. The only purpose speed has now is with brave based weapons along with Eirika's Blade, Waste, Cecila's Gale.

Speed loses half it's use once you encounter enemies with Hawkeye, essentially turning you're avo from something like 200 to 0. The only purpose speed has now is with brave based weapons along with Eirika's Blade, Waste, Cecila's Gale.
    Hawkeye units are rather uncommon, though, so wouldn't see them as too big of a problem. Still, when they do come up (and you actually see them in the enemy lines), then it would be best to just bulk up the characters and prepare for it. For Morgan, should she be the daughter of Aversa, you would be best off giving her Aegis & Pavise to minimize damage taken from Hawkeye, Shadowgift, Vengeance, and Vantage (unless you've got the proper DLC, then LB is the best choice). It'll prepare you for those kinds of enemies, and using something like Waste or Ruin with Vengeance would help with clearing out the enemy. It helped her with taking on around 20 units from R&R 3 on one side of the castle, safe to say she could take them all.

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Trainer X View Post
    Hawkeye units are rather uncommon, though, so wouldn't see them as too big of a problem. Still, when they do come up (and you actually see them in the enemy lines), then it would be best to just bulk up the characters and prepare for it. For Morgan, should she be the daughter of Aversa, you would be best off giving her Aegis & Pavise to minimize damage taken from Hawkeye, Shadowgift, Vengeance, and Vantage (unless you've got the proper DLC, then LB is the best choice). It'll prepare you for those kinds of enemies, and using something like Waste or Ruin with Vengeance would help with clearing out the enemy. It helped her with taking on around 20 units from R&R 3 on one side of the castle, safe to say she could take them all.
    Hawkeye is everywhere in Lunatic+.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Scariest enemy to get Hawkeye is that Risen with the hammer on chapter 1.
    Gods forbid if he were to get Luna+ too.
    *did not let him get those two skills at once on my playthrough
    Last edited by KikoKo; 5th August 2013 at 11:41 PM.

I got Limit Breaker yesterday to raise my value. It was pretty easy, I beat it with only 4 units. I now have three units with values above 300, myself, morgan, and anna. Chrom is next, or maybe Priam.

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

Page 174 of 222 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184 ... LastLast