Page 178 of 223 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,450 of 5567

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

I don't know if anyone has tried this yet, but a Frederick fathered Nah is a fragging tank. She's less physically defensive than a Kellem fathered Nah, but Frederick balances her defensives making her a general tank. Now give her Limit Breaker, Luna, Aegis, Pavise, and your choice of Defender or Dual Guard+ and watch her go. Also make sure to equip her with Dragonstone+'s for bonus boosts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Chaos View Post
    Also make sure to equip her with Dragonstone+'s for bonus boosts.
    That's more or less a given, considering Manaketes have exactly two weapons; Dragonstone and Dragonstone+.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    That's more or less a given, considering Manaketes have exactly two weapons; Dragonstone and Dragonstone+.
    LOL Pretty much.

A frederick fathered anything can be pretty powerful. I feel that being parents to Kellam, Frederick, MU, or Gregor can have pretty good stat pros, especially with Gregor because he is terrbile but his child can be great. Try it with Gerome or, or anyone u intend to have good str lol. Hes not the #1 pick for a father but when others are already chosen hes a pretty good option. And geez who is lon'qu well paired with to marry? I just want to see a hilarious support line. and dont say tharja cuz its dark as hell

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

Quote Originally Posted by Chapter of Charizard View Post
    LOL Pretty much.

A frederick fathered anything can be pretty powerful. I feel that being parents to Kellam, Frederick, MU, or Gregor can have pretty good stat pros, especially with Gregor because he is terrbile but his child can be great. Try it with Gerome or, or anyone u intend to have good str lol. Hes not the #1 pick for a father but when others are already chosen hes a pretty good option. And geez who is lon'qu well paired with to marry? I just want to see a hilarious support line. and dont say tharja cuz its dark as hell
    My plan is to have Frederick marry Panne, so Yarne can have decent defenses, the Aegis+Pavise combo, as well as Limit Breaker to give a high Skill for triggering things like Luna, Lethality, etc. Besides, bunnies are cute, so I want to have the best on my team.

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Trainer X View Post
    My plan is to have Frederick marry Panne, so Yarne can have decent defenses, the Aegis+Pavise combo, as well as Limit Breaker to give a high Skill for triggering things like Luna, Lethality, etc. Besides, bunnies are cute, so I want to have the best on my team.
    Speaking of bunnies, Yarne+Morgan's support is funny.
    What is better to work with, a female MU or a Male MU, not considering marriage partners and Morgan and such, cause I want to level a Streetpassed unit, but I was considering Falcon Knight with Galeforce, Ignis, Lancefaire, Bowbreaker, and Lifetaker. Good set? Male MU better for leveling? Advice please

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

I just started a New Game, My Asset is Skill and my Bad Thing is Resistance.

I have already planned out most S Ranks:

Giaus + Sully= Kjelle
    Viake + Cordelia= Severa
    Donnel + Nowi= Nah
    My Unit + Nah= (Manakete) Morgan
    Chrom + Olivia= Lucina, Inigo
    Lissa + Stahl= Owain

Please can you rate these relationships (On how Good the Child will be) and help me think of pairings for the others like Noire.
    Last edited by tomatohater; 18th August 2013 at 7:49 PM.
    Too much water guys!

Quote Originally Posted by tomatohater View Post
    I just started a New Game, My Asset is Skill and my Bad Thing is Resistance.

I have already planned out most S Ranks:

Giaus + Sully= Kjelle
    Viake + Cordelia= Severa
    Donnel + Nowi= Nah
    My Unit + Nah= (Manakete) Morgan
    Chrom + Olivia= Lucina, Cynthia, Inigo
    Lissa + Stahl= Owain

Please can you rate these relationships (On how Good the Child will be) and help me think of pairings for the others like Noire.
    Well... I don't see how Chrom+Olivia= THREE Children, less they... Sumia and... *Shiver* Anyways, Cynthia is Sumia's kid, not Chrom's. Though, I do like your asset and flaw (my Asset was Magic and my Flaw was Resistance in my main file) so maybe you should marry Cordelia or Kjelle or a child that uses strength more. Oh wait are Manaketes Str-Using units? No, right? Anyways, Owain can have a far better parent. Give him, IDK, Kellam and he'll have balanced defenses, while still having the attack you want him to have. Or better yet, Frederick for a proportionally greater effect. Not sure how to use Noire, as Tharja always tries to kill herself on my units and once we talk to her she survives the battle and then isn't on my team after the battle as a selectable unit -_- I think it's glitched. So, that gives us a few children left. Since I recommended marrying yourself to Cordelia/Sully, I think that the one you don't choose should marry Gregor, Nowi should marry Henry, Nah should marry Inigo. Oh! Also, Panne should marry Lon'qu. Unconventional, yes, but I find it helps Yarne's speed if you give it a shot. Though, there are far better parents for him, Lon'qu isn't a terrible choice. Next, marry Marribelle to anyone with a decent magic- maybe Ricken, or you could try Virion. Woah, I'm going really deep into this. Okay, well, ah, Sumia should marry, hm. Sumia should marry Kellam probably, or if you have no other option marry her to Stahl. Now for the kids. Morgan should marry Yarne, Severa should marry Inigo (if he's not married to Nah, if he is married to her than Severa should marry Owain), Lucina should be the support wife to Gerome, Brady should marry Kjelle, Cynthia should marry Laurent- oh I never said who should father Laurent... Okay, erm, skip that relationship. (LOL) Noire (who I think I also skipped) should marry anybody who isn't married because I don't think there are any male children left.

BAM!

I'd be panting and gasping for breath if I had to say that in real life.

Oh wait are Manaketes Str-Using units? No, right?
    A Manaketes attack power is based on Strength.

Anyways, Owain can have a far better parent. Give him, IDK, Kellam and he'll have balanced defenses, while still having the attack you want him to have. Or better yet, Frederick for a proportionally greater effect.
    Pretty sure it's still agreed that Donnel makes the best parent for Owain.

Not sure how to use Noire, as Tharja always tries to kill herself on my units and once we talk to her she survives the battle and then isn't on my team after the battle as a selectable unit -_- I think it's glitched.
    I used the Avatar as a husband to Tharja which turned out great because Noire and Morgan's stats were identical, so I had two fantastic Grandmasters.

So, that gives us a few children left. Since I recommended marrying yourself to Cordelia/Sully
    Olivia yields the best results for Chrom's children.

Nah should marry Inigo.
    That's pointless, neither can have children.

Next, marry Marribelle to anyone with a decent magic- maybe Ricken, or you could try Virion.
    I actually married her to Vaike and Brady turned out be an awesome Warrior.

Morgan should marry Yarne, Severa should marry Inigo (if he's not married to Nah, if he is married to her than Severa should marry Owain), Lucina should be the support wife to Gerome, Brady should marry Kjelle, Cynthia should marry Laurent- oh I never said who should father Laurent... Okay, erm, skip that relationship. (LOL) Noire (who I think I also skipped) should marry anybody who isn't married because I don't think there are any male children left.
    These ranks don't matter much, especially because it would be foolish to always put them next to each other. They could be better served elsewhere on the map depending on the situation.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

From what I heard, Tharja-mothered Morgan actually has some of the best stats if you marry one of the first-generation candidates, while Lucina-mothered Morgan has the best stats if you decide to marry one of the second-generation candidates.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    A Manaketes attack power is based on Strength.

Pretty sure it's still agreed that Donnel makes the best parent for Owain.

I used the Avatar as a husband to Tharja which turned out great because Noire and Morgan's stats were identical, so I had two fantastic Grandmasters.

Olivia yields the best results for Chrom's children.

That's pointless, neither can have children.

I actually married her to Vaike and Brady turned out be an awesome Warrior.

These ranks don't matter much, especially because it would be foolish to always put them next to each other. They could be better served elsewhere on the map depending on the situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    From what I heard, Tharja-mothered Morgan actually has some of the best stats if you marry one of the first-generation candidates, while Lucina-mothered Morgan has the best stats if you decide to marry one of the second-generation candidates.
    @Hydrophs Some of it is opinion. I dislike using Lucina or Inigo so I don't put an incredible parent on either of them.

@Grim Heaper I don't think that that makes sense... Lucina can't be mothered by Morgan (I don't think) and Tharja definitely can't be mother Morgan.

@Grim Heaper I don't think that that makes sense... Lucina can't be mothered by Morgan (I don't think) and Tharja definitely can't be mother Morgan.
    You're reading it backwards. X-Mothered Morgan means a Morgan whose mother is X.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

@Hydrophs Some of it is opinion. I dislike using Lucina or Inigo so I don't put an incredible parent on either of them.
    Letting any child character go to waste is foolish, especially where tomoatohater is looking to get good children.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Well I finished up TFP3 and the Endgame on my Lunatic+ file.
    TFP3 took only a turn. Endgame took two.

Umm, sorry to be a pain people, but I am extremely confused!

I am looking to get the best Mothers and Fathers for the Children (AND Cynthia and possibly Noire and Gerome) I have written about! By best, I mean the most useful Stat Yield for their UPGRADED ORIGINAL/NORMAL TRAIT (eg. Grandmaster or Great Lord).

Sorry for any confusion guys!

tomatohater
    Too much water guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Letting any child character go to waste is foolish, especially where tomoatohater is looking to get good children.
    Well, I just gave advice on what IK. And, it is foolish, but not signifigcant. There are unlimited characters to be had, from Bonus Box to DLC to in-game to Streetpass, two characters (specifically Inigo and Lucina) going to waste isn't the end of the world. I mean, I get past most stages with 4-6 characters, and as long as I take the secret route in Apotheosis the team never fails

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    You're reading it backwards. X-Mothered Morgan means a Morgan whose mother is X.
    OH

I mean, I get past most stages with 4-6 characters, and as long as I take the secret route in Apotheosis the team never fails
    Frankly, I've never gotten to try Apothesis yet, though I get the gist of the boss now. Heck, I haven't even fully completed anything past Future Past 1. I've been having to restart and everything because things just didn't work as I had hoped. But maybe, just this one time...

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Trainer X View Post
    Frankly, I've never gotten to try Apothesis yet, though I get the gist of the boss now. Heck, I haven't even fully completed anything past Future Past 1. I've been having to restart and everything because things just didn't work as I had hoped. But maybe, just this one time...
    Aw, that sucks. Well I didn't get any of the future pasts, it was them or the Harvest Scramble and the others and I shoulda went with the Future Pasts 'cause I am pretty dissapointed with the Scrambles...

Hey, I've played Radiant Dawn and Path of Radiance and I was wondering if I should get the new Fire Emblem for the 3Ds? I loved the 2 Fire Emblem games I've played, but I had other games in mind that I want to get, but I'm not sure which one to get. I just want some strongly biased opinions on the new Fire Emblem to encourage me to make up my mind and get it.

| 3DS FC: 0447-5218-1131 |

Quote Originally Posted by Zephraxe View Post
    Hey, I've played Radiant Dawn and Path of Radiance and I was wondering if I should get the new Fire Emblem for the 3Ds? I loved the 2 Fire Emblem games I've played, but I had other games in mind that I want to get, but I'm not sure which one to get. I just want some strongly biased opinions on the new Fire Emblem to encourage me to make up my mind and get it.
    Get it, 120 Hours and counting, it is WELL worth the money, and I would very strongly recommend it!
    Too much water guys!

Aw, that sucks. Well I didn't get any of the future pasts, it was them or the Harvest Scramble and the others and I shoulda went with the Future Pasts 'cause I am pretty dissapointed with the Scrambles...
    Why not both? Also what's wrong with the Scrambles? The conversations there are as deep as any regular support conversation.

At least for me, the 'essential' DLCs are the Golden Pack, Scramble Pack and Future Past Pack. There are a few others which are good, most notably Lost Bloodlines 2 and 3 for Dread Fighter and Paragon.

Get it, just for the sheer replay value. There's over 50 different characters, ensuring that even after 3 different playthroughs there will still be some people you haven't tried. Not to mention that everyone can change to a different class, and each reclass feels like you got a completely different character. Since each class is so different from another, it effectively sextuples the character roster(for six different promoted classes each) with more possibilities available for the Avatar and the children.

Honestly, if there wasn't a flood of games coming out this Winter, I could play this right through to Spring. I've already amassed 150 hours across 1 1/2 playthroughs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

An incredible game. I'm obsessed with Pokemon, Zelda, (ESPECIALLY ZELDA lol) and some Animal Crossing and other stuff, and I was surprised to find myself placing this game in one of my Top 5 Favorite games of all time.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    Why not both? Also what's wrong with the Scrambles? The conversations there are as deep as any regular support conversation.

At least for me, the 'essential' DLCs are the Golden Pack, Scramble Pack and Future Past Pack. There are a few others which are good, most notably Lost Bloodlines 2 and 3 for Dread Fighter and Paragon.

Get it, just for the sheer replay value. There's over 50 different characters, ensuring that even after 3 different playthroughs there will still be some people you haven't tried. Not to mention that everyone can change to a different class, and each reclass feels like you got a completely different character. Since each class is so different from another, it effectively sextuples the character roster(for six different promoted classes each) with more possibilities available for the Avatar and the children.

Honestly, if there wasn't a flood of games coming out this Winter, I could play this right through to Spring. I've already amassed 150 hours across 1 1/2 playthroughs.
    Nothing is wrong with the Scramble packs, but I didn't have enough characters to make it worth it's money. I enjoyed it on my Casual playthru, though, where I could actually see a lot of Supports XD On my Classic I had about 7 Supports available in total, so, I wasn't very pleased that time through.
    Last edited by Chapter; 19th August 2013 at 11:33 PM.

I think it's decided. I'm getting Fire Emblem: Awakening! If I read correctly, the characters can have children?

| 3DS FC: 0447-5218-1131 |

I think it's decided. I'm getting Fire Emblem: Awakening! If I read correctly, the characters can have children?
    YES. Do not be like me- I didn't know they could and killed many characters stupidly. Preserve characters when you come across them, specifically the following:
    Cordelia
    Lissa
    Frederick
    Kellam
    Sumia
    Sully
    Olivia
    Miriel
    Gregor
    Nowi
    Panne

All of the above women have great children, and all of the above men are great partners.

YES. Do not be like me- I didn't know they could and killed many characters stupidly. Preserve characters when you come across them, specifically the following:
    Cordelia
    Lissa
    Frederick
    Kellam
    Sumia
    Sully
    Olivia
    Miriel
    Gregor
    Nowi
    Panne

All of the above women have great children, and all of the above men are great partners.
    ... How did you... How did you do that? Just look at this... Sumia, Frederick... Seriously?
    Last edited by Mark_Chaos; 20th August 2013 at 1:08 AM.

Chrom , Avatar, Lissa, Sully, Miriel, Sumia, Maribelle, Panne, Cordelia, Nowi, Tharja, Olivia, and Cherche all have children.

Page 178 of 223 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188 ... LastLast