Page 178 of 223 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,450 of 5567

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

  1. #4426
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    <--That way-->
    Posts
    999

    Default

    I don't know if anyone has tried this yet, but a Frederick fathered Nah is a fragging tank. She's less physically defensive than a Kellem fathered Nah, but Frederick balances her defensives making her a general tank. Now give her Limit Breaker, Luna, Aegis, Pavise, and your choice of Defender or Dual Guard+ and watch her go. Also make sure to equip her with Dragonstone+'s for bonus boosts.

  2. #4427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Chaos View Post
    Also make sure to equip her with Dragonstone+'s for bonus boosts.
    That's more or less a given, considering Manaketes have exactly two weapons; Dragonstone and Dragonstone+.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

  3. #4428
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Hyrule, Kakariko Village
    Posts
    998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    That's more or less a given, considering Manaketes have exactly two weapons; Dragonstone and Dragonstone+.
    LOL Pretty much.

    A frederick fathered anything can be pretty powerful. I feel that being parents to Kellam, Frederick, MU, or Gregor can have pretty good stat pros, especially with Gregor because he is terrbile but his child can be great. Try it with Gerome or, or anyone u intend to have good str lol. Hes not the #1 pick for a father but when others are already chosen hes a pretty good option. And geez who is lon'qu well paired with to marry? I just want to see a hilarious support line. and dont say tharja cuz its dark as hell


    Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

    Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

  4. #4429
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    ...where DO I live?
    Posts
    867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chapter of Charizard View Post
    LOL Pretty much.

    A frederick fathered anything can be pretty powerful. I feel that being parents to Kellam, Frederick, MU, or Gregor can have pretty good stat pros, especially with Gregor because he is terrbile but his child can be great. Try it with Gerome or, or anyone u intend to have good str lol. Hes not the #1 pick for a father but when others are already chosen hes a pretty good option. And geez who is lon'qu well paired with to marry? I just want to see a hilarious support line. and dont say tharja cuz its dark as hell
    My plan is to have Frederick marry Panne, so Yarne can have decent defenses, the Aegis+Pavise combo, as well as Limit Breaker to give a high Skill for triggering things like Luna, Lethality, etc. Besides, bunnies are cute, so I want to have the best on my team.


        Spoiler:- Credits:

    I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

  5. #4430
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Hyrule, Kakariko Village
    Posts
    998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Trainer X View Post
    My plan is to have Frederick marry Panne, so Yarne can have decent defenses, the Aegis+Pavise combo, as well as Limit Breaker to give a high Skill for triggering things like Luna, Lethality, etc. Besides, bunnies are cute, so I want to have the best on my team.
    Speaking of bunnies, Yarne+Morgan's support is funny.
    What is better to work with, a female MU or a Male MU, not considering marriage partners and Morgan and such, cause I want to level a Streetpassed unit, but I was considering Falcon Knight with Galeforce, Ignis, Lancefaire, Bowbreaker, and Lifetaker. Good set? Male MU better for leveling? Advice please


    Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

    Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

  6. #4431
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Final Destination
    Posts
    1,166

    Default

    I just started a New Game, My Asset is Skill and my Bad Thing is Resistance.

    I have already planned out most S Ranks:

    Giaus + Sully= Kjelle
    Viake + Cordelia= Severa
    Donnel + Nowi= Nah
    My Unit + Nah= (Manakete) Morgan
    Chrom + Olivia= Lucina, Inigo
    Lissa + Stahl= Owain

    Please can you rate these relationships (On how Good the Child will be) and help me think of pairings for the others like Noire.
    Last edited by tomatohater; 18th August 2013 at 7:49 PM.
    Too much water guys!

  7. #4432
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Hyrule, Kakariko Village
    Posts
    998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomatohater View Post
    I just started a New Game, My Asset is Skill and my Bad Thing is Resistance.

    I have already planned out most S Ranks:

    Giaus + Sully= Kjelle
    Viake + Cordelia= Severa
    Donnel + Nowi= Nah
    My Unit + Nah= (Manakete) Morgan
    Chrom + Olivia= Lucina, Cynthia, Inigo
    Lissa + Stahl= Owain

    Please can you rate these relationships (On how Good the Child will be) and help me think of pairings for the others like Noire.
    Well... I don't see how Chrom+Olivia= THREE Children, less they... Sumia and... *Shiver* Anyways, Cynthia is Sumia's kid, not Chrom's. Though, I do like your asset and flaw (my Asset was Magic and my Flaw was Resistance in my main file) so maybe you should marry Cordelia or Kjelle or a child that uses strength more. Oh wait are Manaketes Str-Using units? No, right? Anyways, Owain can have a far better parent. Give him, IDK, Kellam and he'll have balanced defenses, while still having the attack you want him to have. Or better yet, Frederick for a proportionally greater effect. Not sure how to use Noire, as Tharja always tries to kill herself on my units and once we talk to her she survives the battle and then isn't on my team after the battle as a selectable unit -_- I think it's glitched. So, that gives us a few children left. Since I recommended marrying yourself to Cordelia/Sully, I think that the one you don't choose should marry Gregor, Nowi should marry Henry, Nah should marry Inigo. Oh! Also, Panne should marry Lon'qu. Unconventional, yes, but I find it helps Yarne's speed if you give it a shot. Though, there are far better parents for him, Lon'qu isn't a terrible choice. Next, marry Marribelle to anyone with a decent magic- maybe Ricken, or you could try Virion. Woah, I'm going really deep into this. Okay, well, ah, Sumia should marry, hm. Sumia should marry Kellam probably, or if you have no other option marry her to Stahl. Now for the kids. Morgan should marry Yarne, Severa should marry Inigo (if he's not married to Nah, if he is married to her than Severa should marry Owain), Lucina should be the support wife to Gerome, Brady should marry Kjelle, Cynthia should marry Laurent- oh I never said who should father Laurent... Okay, erm, skip that relationship. (LOL) Noire (who I think I also skipped) should marry anybody who isn't married because I don't think there are any male children left.

    BAM!

    I'd be panting and gasping for breath if I had to say that in real life.


    Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

    Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

  8. #4433
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chapter of Charizard View Post
    Oh wait are Manaketes Str-Using units? No, right?
    A Manaketes attack power is based on Strength.

    Anyways, Owain can have a far better parent. Give him, IDK, Kellam and he'll have balanced defenses, while still having the attack you want him to have. Or better yet, Frederick for a proportionally greater effect.
    Pretty sure it's still agreed that Donnel makes the best parent for Owain.

    Not sure how to use Noire, as Tharja always tries to kill herself on my units and once we talk to her she survives the battle and then isn't on my team after the battle as a selectable unit -_- I think it's glitched.
    I used the Avatar as a husband to Tharja which turned out great because Noire and Morgan's stats were identical, so I had two fantastic Grandmasters.

    So, that gives us a few children left. Since I recommended marrying yourself to Cordelia/Sully
    Olivia yields the best results for Chrom's children.

    Nah should marry Inigo.
    That's pointless, neither can have children.

    Next, marry Marribelle to anyone with a decent magic- maybe Ricken, or you could try Virion.
    I actually married her to Vaike and Brady turned out be an awesome Warrior.

    Morgan should marry Yarne, Severa should marry Inigo (if he's not married to Nah, if he is married to her than Severa should marry Owain), Lucina should be the support wife to Gerome, Brady should marry Kjelle, Cynthia should marry Laurent- oh I never said who should father Laurent... Okay, erm, skip that relationship. (LOL) Noire (who I think I also skipped) should marry anybody who isn't married because I don't think there are any male children left.
    These ranks don't matter much, especially because it would be foolish to always put them next to each other. They could be better served elsewhere on the map depending on the situation.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  9. #4434
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,899

    Default

    From what I heard, Tharja-mothered Morgan actually has some of the best stats if you marry one of the first-generation candidates, while Lucina-mothered Morgan has the best stats if you decide to marry one of the second-generation candidates.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  10. #4435
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Hyrule, Kakariko Village
    Posts
    998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    A Manaketes attack power is based on Strength.



    Pretty sure it's still agreed that Donnel makes the best parent for Owain.



    I used the Avatar as a husband to Tharja which turned out great because Noire and Morgan's stats were identical, so I had two fantastic Grandmasters.



    Olivia yields the best results for Chrom's children.



    That's pointless, neither can have children.



    I actually married her to Vaike and Brady turned out be an awesome Warrior.



    These ranks don't matter much, especially because it would be foolish to always put them next to each other. They could be better served elsewhere on the map depending on the situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    From what I heard, Tharja-mothered Morgan actually has some of the best stats if you marry one of the first-generation candidates, while Lucina-mothered Morgan has the best stats if you decide to marry one of the second-generation candidates.
    @Hydrophs Some of it is opinion. I dislike using Lucina or Inigo so I don't put an incredible parent on either of them.

    @Grim Heaper I don't think that that makes sense... Lucina can't be mothered by Morgan (I don't think) and Tharja definitely can't be mother Morgan.


    Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

    Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

  11. #4436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chapter of Charizard View Post
    @Grim Heaper I don't think that that makes sense... Lucina can't be mothered by Morgan (I don't think) and Tharja definitely can't be mother Morgan.
    You're reading it backwards. X-Mothered Morgan means a Morgan whose mother is X.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

  12. #4437
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chapter of Charizard View Post
    @Hydrophs Some of it is opinion. I dislike using Lucina or Inigo so I don't put an incredible parent on either of them.
    Letting any child character go to waste is foolish, especially where tomoatohater is looking to get good children.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  13. #4438
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Orre
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Well I finished up TFP3 and the Endgame on my Lunatic+ file.
    TFP3 took only a turn. Endgame took two.

  14. #4439
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Final Destination
    Posts
    1,166

    Default

    Umm, sorry to be a pain people, but I am extremely confused!

    I am looking to get the best Mothers and Fathers for the Children (AND Cynthia and possibly Noire and Gerome) I have written about! By best, I mean the most useful Stat Yield for their UPGRADED ORIGINAL/NORMAL TRAIT (eg. Grandmaster or Great Lord).

    Sorry for any confusion guys!

    tomatohater
    Too much water guys!

  15. #4440
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Hyrule, Kakariko Village
    Posts
    998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Letting any child character go to waste is foolish, especially where tomoatohater is looking to get good children.
    Well, I just gave advice on what IK. And, it is foolish, but not signifigcant. There are unlimited characters to be had, from Bonus Box to DLC to in-game to Streetpass, two characters (specifically Inigo and Lucina) going to waste isn't the end of the world. I mean, I get past most stages with 4-6 characters, and as long as I take the secret route in Apotheosis the team never fails

    Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    You're reading it backwards. X-Mothered Morgan means a Morgan whose mother is X.
    OH


    Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

    Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

  16. #4441
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    ...where DO I live?
    Posts
    867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chapter of Charizard View Post
    I mean, I get past most stages with 4-6 characters, and as long as I take the secret route in Apotheosis the team never fails
    Frankly, I've never gotten to try Apothesis yet, though I get the gist of the boss now. Heck, I haven't even fully completed anything past Future Past 1. I've been having to restart and everything because things just didn't work as I had hoped. But maybe, just this one time...


        Spoiler:- Credits:

    I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

  17. #4442
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Hyrule, Kakariko Village
    Posts
    998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Trainer X View Post
    Frankly, I've never gotten to try Apothesis yet, though I get the gist of the boss now. Heck, I haven't even fully completed anything past Future Past 1. I've been having to restart and everything because things just didn't work as I had hoped. But maybe, just this one time...
    Aw, that sucks. Well I didn't get any of the future pasts, it was them or the Harvest Scramble and the others and I shoulda went with the Future Pasts 'cause I am pretty dissapointed with the Scrambles...


    Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

    Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

  18. #4443
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Forest of Deities, Koltus
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Hey, I've played Radiant Dawn and Path of Radiance and I was wondering if I should get the new Fire Emblem for the 3Ds? I loved the 2 Fire Emblem games I've played, but I had other games in mind that I want to get, but I'm not sure which one to get. I just want some strongly biased opinions on the new Fire Emblem to encourage me to make up my mind and get it.

    | 3DS FC: 0447-5218-1131 |
        Spoiler:- Credits:

  19. #4444
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Final Destination
    Posts
    1,166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zephraxe View Post
    Hey, I've played Radiant Dawn and Path of Radiance and I was wondering if I should get the new Fire Emblem for the 3Ds? I loved the 2 Fire Emblem games I've played, but I had other games in mind that I want to get, but I'm not sure which one to get. I just want some strongly biased opinions on the new Fire Emblem to encourage me to make up my mind and get it.
    Get it, 120 Hours and counting, it is WELL worth the money, and I would very strongly recommend it!
    Too much water guys!

  20. #4445
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Northwest England
    Posts
    4,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chapter of Charizard View Post
    Aw, that sucks. Well I didn't get any of the future pasts, it was them or the Harvest Scramble and the others and I shoulda went with the Future Pasts 'cause I am pretty dissapointed with the Scrambles...
    Why not both? Also what's wrong with the Scrambles? The conversations there are as deep as any regular support conversation.

    At least for me, the 'essential' DLCs are the Golden Pack, Scramble Pack and Future Past Pack. There are a few others which are good, most notably Lost Bloodlines 2 and 3 for Dread Fighter and Paragon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zephraxe View Post
    Hey, I've played Radiant Dawn and Path of Radiance and I was wondering if I should get the new Fire Emblem for the 3Ds? I loved the 2 Fire Emblem games I've played, but I had other games in mind that I want to get, but I'm not sure which one to get. I just want some strongly biased opinions on the new Fire Emblem to encourage me to make up my mind and get it.
    Get it, just for the sheer replay value. There's over 50 different characters, ensuring that even after 3 different playthroughs there will still be some people you haven't tried. Not to mention that everyone can change to a different class, and each reclass feels like you got a completely different character. Since each class is so different from another, it effectively sextuples the character roster(for six different promoted classes each) with more possibilities available for the Avatar and the children.

    Honestly, if there wasn't a flood of games coming out this Winter, I could play this right through to Spring. I've already amassed 150 hours across 1 1/2 playthroughs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

  21. #4446
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Hyrule, Kakariko Village
    Posts
    998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zephraxe View Post
    Hey, I've played Radiant Dawn and Path of Radiance and I was wondering if I should get the new Fire Emblem for the 3Ds? I loved the 2 Fire Emblem games I've played, but I had other games in mind that I want to get, but I'm not sure which one to get. I just want some strongly biased opinions on the new Fire Emblem to encourage me to make up my mind and get it.
    An incredible game. I'm obsessed with Pokemon, Zelda, (ESPECIALLY ZELDA lol) and some Animal Crossing and other stuff, and I was surprised to find myself placing this game in one of my Top 5 Favorite games of all time.

    EDIT:

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    Why not both? Also what's wrong with the Scrambles? The conversations there are as deep as any regular support conversation.

    At least for me, the 'essential' DLCs are the Golden Pack, Scramble Pack and Future Past Pack. There are a few others which are good, most notably Lost Bloodlines 2 and 3 for Dread Fighter and Paragon.



    Get it, just for the sheer replay value. There's over 50 different characters, ensuring that even after 3 different playthroughs there will still be some people you haven't tried. Not to mention that everyone can change to a different class, and each reclass feels like you got a completely different character. Since each class is so different from another, it effectively sextuples the character roster(for six different promoted classes each) with more possibilities available for the Avatar and the children.

    Honestly, if there wasn't a flood of games coming out this Winter, I could play this right through to Spring. I've already amassed 150 hours across 1 1/2 playthroughs.
    Nothing is wrong with the Scramble packs, but I didn't have enough characters to make it worth it's money. I enjoyed it on my Casual playthru, though, where I could actually see a lot of Supports XD On my Classic I had about 7 Supports available in total, so, I wasn't very pleased that time through.
    Last edited by Chapter; 19th August 2013 at 11:33 PM.


    Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

    Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

  22. #4447
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Forest of Deities, Koltus
    Posts
    74

    Default

    I think it's decided. I'm getting Fire Emblem: Awakening! If I read correctly, the characters can have children?

    | 3DS FC: 0447-5218-1131 |
        Spoiler:- Credits:

  23. #4448
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Hyrule, Kakariko Village
    Posts
    998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zephraxe View Post
    I think it's decided. I'm getting Fire Emblem: Awakening! If I read correctly, the characters can have children?
    YES. Do not be like me- I didn't know they could and killed many characters stupidly. Preserve characters when you come across them, specifically the following:
    Cordelia
    Lissa
    Frederick
    Kellam
    Sumia
    Sully
    Olivia
    Miriel
    Gregor
    Nowi
    Panne

    All of the above women have great children, and all of the above men are great partners.


    Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

    Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

  24. #4449
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    <--That way-->
    Posts
    999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chapter of Charizard View Post
    YES. Do not be like me- I didn't know they could and killed many characters stupidly. Preserve characters when you come across them, specifically the following:
    Cordelia
    Lissa
    Frederick
    Kellam
    Sumia
    Sully
    Olivia
    Miriel
    Gregor
    Nowi
    Panne

    All of the above women have great children, and all of the above men are great partners.
    ... How did you... How did you do that? Just look at this... Sumia, Frederick... Seriously?
    Last edited by Mark_Chaos; 20th August 2013 at 1:08 AM.

  25. #4450
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Orre
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Chrom , Avatar, Lissa, Sully, Miriel, Sumia, Maribelle, Panne, Cordelia, Nowi, Tharja, Olivia, and Cherche all have children.

Page 178 of 223 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •