Page 179 of 223 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,475 of 5567

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

Quote Originally Posted by KikoKo View Post
    Chrom , Avatar, Lissa, Sully, Miriel, Sumia, Maribelle, Panne, Cordelia, Nowi, Tharja, Olivia, and Cherche all have children.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Chaos View Post
    ... How did you... How did you do that? Just look at this... Sumia, Frederick... Seriously?
    @KikoKo

...I know, I was just pointing out some really good parents.

@Chaos

Do what? Sumia, Frederick? I didn't marry them, I'm LISTING them. :3

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

Quote Originally Posted by Chapter of Charizard View Post
    @KikoKo

...I know, I was just pointing out some really good parents.

@Chaos

Do what? Sumia, Frederick? I didn't marry them, I'm LISTING them. :3
    No, I'm talking about death...

I was telling the person all of the parents so they don't miss anyone.

To be fair, the only parent I've ever seen someone miss is Sumia, mostly due to the fact that she has an abnormally small pool of potential mates...
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Chaos View Post
    No, I'm talking about death...
    OH! Yeah, I got pretty careless. I didn't know that they had kids, so I didn't really care. +, when someone like Frederick died right before killing Gangrel, I didn't feel like repeating the mission for him.
    I cinsidered repeating the mission for Cherche, Gaius, Cordelia, Stahl, and Lissa. I would've been so, SO much better off if I had... ;~;

@KikoKo

Ooooohhhh Whoops LOL

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

OH! Yeah, I got pretty careless. I didn't know that they had kids, so I didn't really care. +, when someone like Frederick died right before killing Gangrel, I didn't feel like repeating the mission for him.
    I cinsidered repeating the mission for Cherche, Gaius, Cordelia, Stahl, and Lissa. I would've been so, SO much better off if I had... ;~;
    Why were you still using Frederick up to chapter 10?

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    To be fair, Frederick is still usable all the way to the end unless you're on Lunatic[+]. Yeah, Sully and Stahl are much better in the long run, but Frederick has the lasting utility of most Oifeys.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Regirock

Becuase Frederick still had a Silver Lance and basically destroyed everything.

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    To be fair, Frederick is still usable all the way to the end unless you're on Lunatic[+]. Yeah, Sully and Stahl are much better in the long run, but Frederick has the lasting utility of most Oifeys.
    Yeah, it was Classic Normal, so, he was pretty good. I mean, Kellam died (don't taunt me for killing him XD) so there wasn't any tank to replace 'em.

Becuase Frederick still had a Silver Lance and basically destroyed everything.
    That experience is better served for other units though.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

By Chapter 10, though, your units start to catch up to Frederick, so it becomes less of a problem to use him. Besides, it's not a bad thing if he gets one or two minor kills each chapter early on. He may not be Titania or Seth, but he's still viable at that point.

Then there's the Risen on the map for EXP if needed.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Regirock

That experience is better served for other units though.
    In Normal mode, you can pretty much do what you want. Frederick can be a viable team member up to the end of the game if you're willing to use him and even in Hard mode you can make use of him up to Chapter 11 or so and still have other units grow adequately.
    Also, grinding. Exp is infinite, so it is only a matter of patience on the part of the player to make any unit good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

My issue is that training with Risen is completely annoying, so unless you buy EXPonential growth to grind with I don't think Frederick is worth the time.

My issue is that training with Risen is completely annoying, so unless you buy EXPonential growth to grind with I don't think Frederick is worth the time.
    >Implying there are bad units in Awakening<

Well, apart from Ricken. He's a good father, but I have to treat him like Donnel for several chapters only for him to be a fairly regular team member.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    >Implying there are bad units in Awakening<

Well, apart from Ricken. He's a good father, but I have to treat him like Donnel for several chapters only for him to be a fairly regular team member.
    Frederick needs a lot of reclassing to turn him out well, so he requires a lot of grinding.

Frederick needs a lot of reclassing to turn him out well, so he requires a lot of grinding.
    I beg to differ. Great Knight is a fine class for him, so you just need to drop a Second Seal his way once he reaches level 20, although I'd just reclass to Paladin at level 15 and call it a day. I never felt he lagged behind or required extra exp. I was playing on Normal though, so I'm not sure if the team suffered as a result of lower exp gain, but I'm sure if he had an effect it wouldn't be noticeable when spread across 14 other team members.

On a completely different note, here's an idea: What if characters who already have a previous relationship have an A support level upon join time? Then, once the support log is opened postgame you can view scenes from before the events of the game? You could have Maribelle and Lissa's first meeting, Virion and Cherche's life in Rosanne or Chrom and Lissa talking about Emmeryn's struggles as a young Exalt.
    Last edited by Aurath8; 21st August 2013 at 12:37 AM.

I beg to differ. Great Knight is a fine class for him, so you just need to drop a Second Seal his way once he reaches level 20, although I'd just reclass to Paladin at level 15 and call it a day. I never felt he lagged behind or required extra exp. I was playing on Normal though, so I'm not sure if the team suffered as a result of lower exp gain, but I'm sure if he had an effect it wouldn't be noticeable when spread across 14 other team members.
    Sorry, should have clarified. When I said reclassing I meant reclassing him back to level 1 to train him up again, since his growths aren't as good as the other characters. He needs extra attention to reach their level.

Any unit is worth time. I lost Virion and never got Noire so I made Anna a Sniper and she destroys everything. Limit Breaker, Bowfaire, HitRate +20, Acrobat, and Move +1. I've never had to L/R/Select for her, not even once, not even in Apotheosis! Frederick, being a better unit than Anna, is clearly worth the time and really, so is every character. Except for Gregor. Gregor is good as a parent, not as a usable character. XD

On a completely different note, here's an idea: What if characters who already have a previous relationship have an A support level upon join time? Then, once the support log is opened postgame you can view scenes from before the events of the game? You could have Maribelle and Lissa's first meeting, Virion and Cherche's life in Rosanne or Chrom and Lissa talking about Emmeryn's struggles as a young Exalt.
    Part 1: Every character needs reclassing, whether it's for skills or for EXP, no character is done after one reach to level 20. Part 2: TAH TIS THE BEST IDEA EVER Except my idea to make the character you receive from Castle Apotheosis not an Eninjhar Card (or however you spell that) and they should also be able to have a kid. Like, a Lodestar class or a DLC character that is awesome and not a hero (don't know what I'm talking about? Priam, Ike, Alm, they're all heros except for the Marths >:3)
    Last edited by Chapter; 21st August 2013 at 5:22 AM.

Any unit is worth time. I lost Virion and never got Noire so I made Anna a Sniper and she destroys everything. Limit Breaker, Bowfaire, HitRate +20, Acrobat, and Move +1. I've never had to L/R/Select for her, not even once, not even in Apotheosis! Frederick, being a better unit than Anna, is clearly worth the time and really, so is every character. Except for Gregor. Gregor is good as a parent, not as a usable character. XD
    Frederick, Anna, Say'ri, and Libra all fall into the same category. Decent but unspectacular due to balanced but unspecialized growths. Virion and Noire will always make better Snipers. Gregor is fine as a unit too, the problem is that there's just a TON of Heroes.

I'd disagree that they're worth the time, simply due to the fact that they have a larger time investment required. Though I guess if you're killing off half your units, beggars can't be choosers.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

You've got this quite backwards. Gregor is definitely better than Anna and Frederick.

You've got this quite backwards. Gregor is definitely better than Anna and Frederick.
    As what class? He was good as a bow knight for me but extremely lacking as a hero, and, how will he heal without sol? :/ +Anna is my spouse so with Limit Breaker and Bowfaire she is an amazing support and isn't awful on her own.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Frederick, Anna, Say'ri, and Libra all fall into the same category. Decent but unspectacular due to balanced but unspecialized growths. Virion and Noire will always make better Snipers. Gregor is fine as a unit too, the problem is that there's just a TON of Heroes.

I'd disagree that they're worth the time, simply due to the fact that they have a larger time investment required. Though I guess if you're killing off half your units, beggars can't be choosers.
    Not exactly a beggar but, if I'd killed maybe five more people I'd be in the gutters of character availability XD XD

Healing items like everyone else? Gregor is a strong unit, and does well as a Hero. You just need to bother
    training him, and collecting skills. Uh the spouse thing isnt needed. Just because they marry doesn't mean they will
    do better o3o. Eh Sniper right? I find Snipers less useful as they were in FE10 (Well their final tier at least)
    Since they had bows with 1 range. o3o

As what class? He was good as a bow knight for me but extremely lacking as a hero, and, how will he heal without sol? :/ +Anna is my spouse so with Limit Breaker and Bowfaire she is an amazing support and isn't awful on her own.
    Actually Gregor as a hero is extremely solid. High HP, Strength, and Skill growths synergize perfectly with Sol; high skill for a hero means he'll have it activate often, high strength means it'll hit hard (and thus leech more HP), and high HP is... well, self explanatory.

And to be fair, any character with Limit Breaker is usually pretty well off. It doesn't exactly make for a compelling argument in favor of any specific character.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Actually Gregor as a hero is extremely solid. High HP, Strength, and Skill growths synergize perfectly with Sol; high skill for a hero means he'll have it activate often, high strength means it'll hit hard (and thus leech more HP), and high HP is... well, self explanatory.

And to be fair, any character with Limit Breaker is usually pretty well off. It doesn't exactly make for a compelling argument in favor of any specific character.
    I find Gregor comparable to RD Ike in terms of growth turnout, only with the obvious difference of Awakening's higher caps and higher growths. Basically, he's a typical Hero, so he doesn't disappoint. A little lacking in Speed at times, but heroes tend to do that, especially those of the Ogma archetype. His other stats totally make up for that, though.

A little lacking in Speed at times, but heroes tend to do that, especially those of the Ogma archetype.
    U wot m8? Heroes typically have HUGE skill and speed, they're generally the best units in the game because they have Cavalier-level balanced stats, but don't have the Horseslayer weapon weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by KikoKo View Post
    Healing items like everyone else? Gregor is a strong unit, and does well as a Hero. You just need to bother
    training him, and collecting skills. Uh the spouse thing isnt needed. Just because they marry doesn't mean they will
    do better o3o. Eh Sniper right? I find Snipers less useful as they were in FE10 (Well their final tier at least)
    Since they had bows with 1 range. o3o
    Oh well this is the first FE game I've palyed. I wanna buy the radiant ones too though. I think I have the Gameboy one from when I was a kid but i have to find it... Hm. And BTW with the healing thing yeah he could use elixers but I have renewal on my MU and Lifetaker on Morgan and Aether on Chrom so it's just easier when a skill heals them, ya' know? I mean, you have to admit that it's easier to not use up a turn healing when you could fight AND kill.

Anyway, I think heroes are wanna of the top 5 best classes in the game. Not in order but, Grandmaster, Hero, Wyvern Lord, Dark Knight, Sage. They're all really good and I love using them, but often Sages are really good for healing as they have incredible magic so Fortify isn't wasted.
    Last edited by Chapter; 22nd August 2013 at 5:45 PM.

Page 179 of 223 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189 ... LastLast