Page 180 of 224 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190 ... LastLast
Results 4,476 to 4,500 of 5585

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    U wot m8? Heroes typically have HUGE skill and speed, they're generally the best units in the game because they have Cavalier-level balanced stats, but don't have the Horseslayer weapon weakness.
    Well, that's what I've originally thought, but Heroes have rarely been speed freaks on my team, except for those like Raven, PoR Ike if he counts, and Awakening Heroes not named Gregor. Regardless, I have found them to be some of the best units in the series. Am I just being speed screwed, then?
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Hm. . . sages are pretty good units for high rank staves. With the higher magic cap their range of
    healing is really helpful. Especially if you have a lot of Goddess Staves lying around
    Last edited by KikoKo; 23rd August 2013 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KikoKo View Post
    Hm. . . sages are pretty good units for high rank staves. With the higher magic cap their range of
    healing is really helpful. Especially if you have a lot of Goddess Staves lying around
    I typically prefer to use Sages as my healers, since they were more robust then dedicated healing classes in past games. Not quite as true for Awakening.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by KikoKo View Post
    By the time you've capped magic your staff range will probably cover the whole map anyway, unless your a Falcoknight or something. Even as a Falcoknight, thanks to High Mov and Galeforce it should be easy to reach distant allies just by moving close to them.

and imo, Fortify > Goddess staves. Mainly because the latter only has one use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Well, that's what I've originally thought, but Heroes have rarely been speed freaks on my team, except for those like Raven, PoR Ike if he counts, and Awakening Heroes not named Gregor.
    Which is what, half of the ones in the games released in the US? In the games before FE7, they were just as speedy as Swordmasters.

Which is what, half of the ones in the games released in the US? In the games before FE7, they were just as speedy as Swordmasters.
    But SoS growths suck anyway and Thracia 776 did have much lower caps that everyone had, so should that still count? Among the US released games they tend to have strong balanced stats, like you said, so isn't Swordmaster speed a little much for a comparison? Maybe the caps are similar, but I wouldn't say the same about the growths. Besides, when I said Heroes tend to be lacking in speed at times, I never meant to imply they were slow. I'm just saying that their speed growths sometimes leads to a slower Hero than you might want.
    Last edited by Psynergy; 23rd August 2013 at 2:55 AM.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

But SoS growths suck anyway
    Not particularly, no. Compared to Gaiden's they're amazing.

and Thracia 776 did have much lower caps that everyone had
    As did every game before it, save FE4.

Among the US released games they tend to have strong balanced stats, like you said, so isn't Swordmaster speed a little much for a comparison?
    Not at all, especially considering the only game that has a defined Swordmaster class with individualized caps among the games before FE6 has Swordmasters with the same strength cap as all the other units with a high strength cap.

I'm just saying that their speed growths sometimes leads to a slower Hero than you might want.
    If just about always hitting or at least coming close to the speed cap is slow, then I don't want to be fast.

Not particularly, no. Compared to Gaiden's they're amazing.
    Ah, okay. I'll admit I forgot Gaiden, but everything is better than Gaiden.

As did every game before it, save FE4.
    Well I've not played or seen much/anything on those, as you likely can tell, so I can't say much more about that.

Not at all, especially considering the only game that has a defined Swordmaster class with individualized caps among the games before FE6 has Swordmasters with the same strength cap as all the other units with a high strength cap.
    I suppose that's true for what they once were before the series went international, but seeing as more recent games focus on more individualized caps for each class, wouldn't it be safe to assume they will continue to do so in future games? I don't mean to ignore what the class once was, but Swordmasters do have individualized stats in every game from FE6, so I don't think we can discount that.

If just about always hitting or at least coming close to the speed cap is slow, then I don't want to be fast.
    Okay, that may be personal opinion of mine, but that's just it. I don't mean it any other way, but I never said that that makes them slow. Slower than I might want doesn't at all mean slow indefinitely. That could still be decently fast, but not quite at where I want them to be. Speed growths like theirs doesn't exactly mean they'll always end up getting enough speed either.

Hi Guys,

I have redesigned my planned relationships for my New (Main) Save after hours of resesrch:~

Chrom x Olivia = Lucina gets Galeforce and good Caps etc, Inigo gets Galefroce may make him Dread Fighter. Best for them IMO.
    Henry x Lissa = Owain, gets Galeforce, note that he will be turned into a more Magic based role.
    Donnel x Nowi = Nah, gets Galeforce and Aptitude is available too.
    Giaus x Sully = Kjelle, gets Galeforce, she will be switched into a more Attacking Role - She will NOT be a General, so don't propose Stahl.
    Stahl x Cordelia = Severa gets Galeforce, and she gets Myrmidon which means she has access to Vantage and Astra!
    Viake x Chereche = Gerome, gets decent HP and Strength.
    ? x Maribelle = Brady, ? (Will get Galeforce, but will be pretty useless)
    My Unit x Sumia = Cynthia, gets Galeforce, Morgan (F) gets Galeforce.
    Gregor x Panne = Yarne, gets Lethality and Astra.
    Libra x Tharja = Noire, gets Lifetaker and Pavise.
    Ricken x Miriel = Laurent, receives Good Magic Cap.

I basically want everyone to evaluate how the CHILDREN will turn out, not the Parents!

Also, please help me with Maribelle, I am stuck! I still have Frederick, Kellam, Virion and Lon'qu leftover!

Also, is the Dread Scroll thing worth the Money?

Thanks!
    Last edited by tomatohater; 23rd August 2013 at 6:14 PM.
    Too much water guys!

I personally like placing Male MU with Tharja, so Noire can get Galeforce. Plus, from what I've heard a Tharja-mothered Morgan is one of the best, but that's up to debate.

I also like Sumia and Chrom cause that way, Lucina gets some really nice defensive skills
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    I personally like placing Male MU with Tharja, so Noire can get Galeforce. Plus, from what I've heard a Tharja-mothered Morgan is one of the best, but that's up to debate.

I also like Sumia and Chrom cause that way, Lucina gets some really nice defensive skills
    Can confirm that Noire and Morgan were my two best units out of the pairings I chose, there may be someone better than Tharja for Morgon, but probably not by a whole lot.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

My Previous Post:

Hi Guys,

I have redesigned my planned relationships for my New (Main) Save after hours of resesrch:~

Chrom x Olivia = Lucina gets Galeforce and good Caps etc, Inigo gets Galefroce may make him Dread Fighter. Best for them IMO.
    Henry x Lissa = Owain, gets Galeforce, note that he will be turned into a more Magic based role.
    Giaus x Sully = Kjelle, gets Galeforce, she will be switched into a more Attacking Role - She will NOT be a General, so don't propose Stahl.
    Stahl x Cordelia = Severa gets Galeforce, and she gets Myrmidon which means she has access to Vantage and Astra!
    ? x Maribelle = Brady, ? (Will get Galeforce, but will be pretty useless)
    My Unit x Sumia = Cynthia, gets Galeforce, Morgan (F) gets Galeforce.
    Libra x Tharja = Noire, gets Lifetaker and Pavise, and Libra helps deal with Tharja's pretty awful luck.

I basically want everyone to evaluate how the CHILDREN will turn out, not the Parents!

Also, please help me with Maribelle, I am stuck! I still have Frederick, Kellam, Virion and Lon'qu leftover!

Also, is the Dread Scroll thing worth the Money?

Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, I really wanted-

My Unit x Nah = Galeforce, Manakete Morgan (F)

BUT, it means Sumia is sorta wrecked, and I REALLY wanted a good Father for Cynthia that ISN'T CHROM, as I am planning to use her in my Main Team!

So Please Help with Sumia first as Cynthia > Brady!

Infact, I'll just list the Children I am planning on using-

~Lucina
    ~Owain
    ~Inigo
    ~Severa
    ~Kjelle
    ~Nah (POSSIBLY)
    ~Morgan (F)
    ~Cynthia
    ~Yarne (POSSIBLY)

So the children who are NOT listed, I am not that bothered about O.K.!

Basically, PLEASE HELP WITH THE SUMIA SITUATION!!!

Thanks!
    Last edited by tomatohater; 23rd August 2013 at 8:28 PM. Reason: Me wanted 2
    Too much water guys!

I'd suggest FrederickxSumia. As I've mentioned before in this thread, Cynthia is pretty much unruinable. Freddy gives her Aegis, and Paladin is a nice final class if you want. Other than that Cynthia can get any other skills from her mother's awesome class set.
    This frees up MU for Nowi for Galeforce Nah and Manakete Morgan.

With Maribelle...hmm. Lon'qu. I imagine he'll end up as a Sage or War Monk. The extra speed helps out what would otherwise be mediocre avoid. Vantage can also help you avoid taking hits. Kellam is another solid choice if you want the Pavise/Aegis combo, but he doesn't offer much else.

I'd get Dread Fighter if only for Aggressor. Give any boy with Galeforce a Dread Scroll as Atk+10 is an insane boost. Only about 5 characters can actually get the combo, since Aggressor can't be inherited unfortunately.

Also the animations are awesome. My MU is a Dread Fighter now. I can't take cutscenes seriously as a red thundercloud silently crackles around my body and no-one so much as bats an eye. But then again, this Fire Emblem, where you can't walk 10 chapters without bumping into a loli shapeshifting dragon.

So, does anyone disagree with this?

Lon'qu x Maribelle = Brady, Galeforce, Lon'qu to become a War Monk, helping Brady's necessary caps.
    Frederick x Sumia = Cynthia, gets Galeforce, gets access to Paladin and can inherit Aegis.
    Libra x Tharja = Noire, gets Lifetaker and Pavise, and Libra helps deal with Tharja's pretty awful Luck.
    My Unit x Nah = MANAKETE GALEFORCE MORGAN!!!!!

Also, is Dread Fighter good on Inigo?

And, on Noire, Lon'qu > Libra, she'll stick get decent Luck, but can get Counter too, which may help when she's being owned with Melee.

Thanks!
    Last edited by tomatohater; 24th August 2013 at 12:15 AM.
    Too much water guys!

Quote Originally Posted by tomatohater View Post

Lon'qu x Maribelle = Brady, Galeforce, Lon'qu to become a War Monk, helping Brady's necessary caps.
    Frederick x Sumia = Cynthia, gets Galeforce, gets access to Paladin and can inherit Aegis.
    Libra x Tharja = Noire, gets Lifetaker and Pavise, and Libra helps deal with Tharja's pretty awful luck.

Thanks!
    I disagree with most of it, here's how I do it (Note: You don't have to do it this way, that's up to you.) LB = Limit Breaker.
    Chrom X Olivia = Lucina ends as Assassin with LB, RK, Luna, Swordfaire, Galeforce. Inigo ends as a Hero with LB, Luna/Swordfaire/Axefaire, Agressor, Galeforce, Armshift/Swordfaire/Axefaire.
    Libra X Lissa = Owain ends as with Assassin with LB, Galeforce, Swordfaire, Vantage, Renewal or Sage/Sorcerer with LB, Tomefaire, Vantage, Vengeance, Wrath.
    Tharja X Gaius or Donnel = If Gauis, Noire ends as Assassin with LB, Galeforce, Luna, Bowfaire/Swordfaire, Pavise. If Donnel, Noire ends as Sorcerer with LB, Armshift, Galeforce/Pavise, Dual Guard+/Dual Support+, Luna.
    Nowi X Frederick or Kellam = Both Nahs end as Manakete, if Frederick use LB, Stats+2/Dual Guard+, Aegis, Pavise, Luna. If Kellam use LB, Stats+2/Dual Guard+, Pavise, Luna, Renewal.
    Panne X Kellam or Frederick = Both Yarnes end a Berserker, end with LB, Aggressor, Resist+10, Dual Guard+, Axefaire.
    Sumia X Gauis or Henry = If Gauis, end Cynthia as a Falcon Knight with LB, Lancefaire, Renewal, Galeforce, Luna. If Henry, end as Dark Flier with LB, Tomefaire/Lancefaire, Renewal, Galeforce, Luna.
    Cordelia X Stahl = Severa ends as Hero or Assassin with LB, Armshift, Luna, Swordfaire, Galeforce.
    Sully X Vaike = Kjelle should end as General with LB, Armshift/Axefaire (Inherit from Berserker Vaike), Luna/Sol, Aegis, Pavise.
    Maribelle X Gregor or Henry = Brady ends as War Wonk with LB, Armshift (if Gregor is father)/Luna, Agressor, Axefaire, Galeforce.
    Miriel X Ricken = Laurent ends as a Sage/Sorcerer with LB, Dual Guard+, Dual Support+, Agressor, Tomefaire.
    Cherche X Henry or Gregor = Gerome ends as Griffon Rider or Wyvern Rider with LB, Dual Support+, Aggressor, Axefaire, Resist +10.
    MaleU X Any G1 female parent that produces a child = Two over powered characters.
    FemaleU X Any G2 male character = One God mode M Morgan.

G3 Male Morgan> G2 Morgan with Sibling > G3 Female Morgan > Lone G2 Morgan > All other G2 Kids.
    Last edited by Mark_Chaos; 24th August 2013 at 12:30 AM.

Libra x Tharja = Noire, gets Lifetaker and Pavise, and Libra helps deal with Tharja's pretty awful Luck.

And, on Noire, Lon'qu > Libra, she'll stick get decent Luck, but can get Counter too, which may help when she's being owned with Melee.

Thanks!
    Not the best pairings.
    I don't know about Gaius x Sully, Kjelle is much MUCH better as a General.
    Lon'qu x Maribelle is a stretch. Brady is a healer so his magic should be high- Lon'qu isn't a good parent. But... Putting Ricken with Maribelle rather than him with Miriel might not make the best Laurent... So, Miriel x Henry, and Lon'qu x Lissa (is that possible?).

They all seem good, but I haven't tried marrying to Nah. It seems like the best combo, marrying a child, but if I could marry one of the children to a Male MU I might try Severa... IDK If that's even possible but if it is I think it'd be really good.
    Last edited by Chapter; 24th August 2013 at 1:11 AM.

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

Quote Originally Posted by Chapter of Charizard View Post
    Lon'qu x Maribelle is a stretch. Brady is a healer so his magic should be high- Lon'qu isn't a good parent.
    Not true at all, he's a child character so he has a lot of options. I used him as a Warrior with Vaike as his father.

My Final 4 Questions!:

1) So basically, all I want to know now is should I use Lon'qu x Tharja? It means Noire can get Counter, which may help her a LOT! (I don't really care about Brady).

2 & 3) And also, when I do Chapter 13 (I believe), and keep letting Olivia Dance to Chrom, do I need to Second Seal her and Master Seal her (To Dark Knight for Galeforce), or does she automatically pass down Pegasus Knight to become Dark Flier on Lucina? And for how many Turns should she Dance to Chrom (approx.)?

4) Who should Father Kjelle then if I keep her as a General? (I am NOT using Stahl for her)
    Last edited by tomatohater; 24th August 2013 at 11:46 AM.
    Too much water guys!

1) So basically, all I want to know now is should I use Lon'qu x Tharja? It means Noire can get Counter, which may help her a LOT! (I don't really care about Brady).
    He's not a bad father for her, but whether or not you should is up to personal opinion. Lon'qu's stat modifiers are great for Noire, and access to Thief and Myrmidon classes don't hurt either (Astra's pretty solid on Noire).

2 & 3) And also, when I do Chapter 13 (I believe), and keep letting Olivia Dance to Chrom, do I need to Second Seal her and Master Seal her (To Dark Knight for Galeforce), or does she automatically pass down Pegasus Knight to become Dark Flier on Lucina? And for how many Turns should she Dance to Chrom (approx.)?
    Olivia does in fact unlock the Pegasus Knight line for Lucina (all of her mothers except Sully and generic village girl do this), so don't bother trying to get Galeforce on the mother prior to Chapter 13. Though the chapter you get Olivia is 11, vs. Chapter 13 when you get Lucina. Just for clarification.

There's no set number of turns for amount of Affinity Chrom and Olivia need to marry. Olivia just needs to have the highest affinity with Chrom out of all prospective marriage partners for him who are not yet married. The easiest thing to do is have Chrom not interact with any of his other female supports, or simply have them all get married prior to Chapter 11. If they're all married already, then as long as Olivia interacts with Chrom at all in Chapter 11, they'll get married.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

My Final 4 Questions!:

Lon'qu!Noire doesn't get Counter. His class set is Thief, Mymidon, Wyvern Rider. None promote into Warrior, and its a male only class too.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Olivia does in fact unlock the Pegasus Knight line for Lucina (all of her mothers except Sully and generic village girl do this), so don't bother trying to get Galeforce on the mother prior to Chapter 13. Though the chapter you get Olivia is 11, vs. Chapter 13 when you get Lucina. Just for clarification.

There's no set number of turns for amount of Affinity Chrom and Olivia need to marry. Olivia just needs to have the highest affinity with Chrom out of all prospective marriage partners for him who are not yet married. The easiest thing to do is have Chrom not interact with any of his other female supports, or simply have them all get married prior to Chapter 11. If they're all married already, then as long as Olivia interacts with Chrom at all in Chapter 11, they'll get married.
    For further clarification, you need to enter at least one paired-up battle or have her lapdance for Chrom three times for them to marry.

If you are doing Chrolivia I'd actually suggest getting EXPonential Growth and getting Galeforce. It means you don't have to send Lucina through Peg.Knight and Dark Flier(which would mean she wouldn't have the awesomeness that is Parallel Falchion for a long while), her stats aren't gimped by Olivia being at such a low level and its the best skill to pass down to Inigo as he can't get it himself. Even though Olivia will have grinded through 35 levels minimum to get to Galeforce, she won't break the game in half because her growths, particularly the defences, are still terrible.
    I did this myself and after all those levels and reclassing back to Dancer, Olivia still only had 7 def. 7. Granted, she had 23 Str and about 60 avoid because of her Spd and Skill, but she was still taking over 20 damage from just about every enemy on the map, so I couldn't just send her off and watch death ensue.

Thanks for the Help Guys!

Sorry to be a Pain, but should I use Giaus with Tharja? He can pass down Counter and Galeforce, meaning she can become more Lethal?

It's either:

Counter & Galeforce (Giaus)
    or
    Counter & Astra (Lon'qu)

(This has become an option due to Question 4)

Also, does anyone actually have an answer to Question 4? (^3 Posts Up^)
    Too much water guys!

Which males do you have left?

Thanks for the Help Guys!

Sorry to be a Pain, but should I use Giaus with Tharja? He can pass down Counter and Galeforce, meaning she can become more Lethal?

It's either:

Counter & Galeforce (Giaus)
    or
    Counter & Astra (Lon'qu)

(This has become an option due to Question 4)

First, never use counter unless for Streetpass use. You using counter is useless while counter on the AI is overpowered. Also brave weapons > Astra. Gauis!Noire > Lon'qu!Noire simply because of Galeforce.

Doesn't really matter but I use Vaike for strength boost and Armshift to give her either Gradivus or Hauteclere.
    Last edited by Mark_Chaos; 24th August 2013 at 7:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Chaos View Post
    First, never use counter unless for Streetpass use. You using counter is useless while counter on the AI is overpowered. Also brave weapons > Astra. Gauis!Noire > Lon'qu!Noire simply because of Galeforce.
    You can use Astra with Brave weapons. It can be quite deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    You can use Astra with Brave weapons. It can be quite deadly.
    ... So you get one more hit for half damage and you call that deadly? Good luck with that in Apothesis...

Page 180 of 224 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190 ... LastLast