Page 181 of 224 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,525 of 5576

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Chaos View Post
    ... So you get one more hit for half damage and you call that deadly? Good luck with that in Apothesis...
    Each attack has the potential to activate Astra, you could hit 20 times.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Chaos View Post
    ... So you get one more hit for half damage and you call that deadly? Good luck with that in Apothesis...
    Not sure where you're getting "one more hit" from. Each attack from a Brave weapon has a chance to activate a skill. Even though Astra halves damage, the five attacks means you're doing 2.5x more damage than a normal attack.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

So, uum, are we going with Lon'qu for Noire and Giaus for Kjelle?
    Too much water guys!

Astra is useful in Apotheosis =/
    I cleared the secret route, and unless you are attacking someone with Counter while being adjacent
    or you attack someone with the defensive skill of the weapon you are using it will be really useful.
    Ex. Attack someone with a tome who has Aegis+.
    With every attack having the chance to be a critical hit you can do major damage.

So I guess we are going with Lon'qu for Noire!?

Anyways, thanks a lot for all the help guys!
    Last edited by tomatohater; 25th August 2013 at 6:36 PM.
    Too much water guys!

Quote Originally Posted by tomatohater View Post
    So I guess we are going with Lon'qu for Noire!?

Anyways, thanks a lot for all the help guys!

I used Ricken for her this time. That way, she gets a slightly higher boost in Magic, working for a great support for Vantage/Vengeance Laurent. Do you think that it would be best for them to have S-Rank support?

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Trainer X View Post
    I used Ricken for her this time. That way, she gets a slightly higher boost in Magic, working for a great support for Vantage/Vengeance Laurent. Do you think that it would be best for them to have S-Rank support?
    That's totally up to you and how you play/have built your children. They can be vastly different.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    That's totally up to you and how you play/have built your children. They can be vastly different.
    Well, my idea was that, for safe measure, Laurent could have Sorcerer Noire as his S-Rank support, so then there's a big boost in magic, so he can either go as a Vantage wall with good support, or switch out to her and let her serve as something else with Ricken/Tharja's Aegis/Pavise combo, optional Vengeance, Tomefaire, Luna, etc. Seeing as though his other supports are either better as physical partners or his mother, it seemed like they would be the best together.

Well, my idea was that, for safe measure, Laurent could have Sorcerer Noire as his S-Rank support, so then there's a big boost in magic, so he can either go as a Vantage wall with good support, or switch out to her and let her serve as something else with Ricken/Tharja's Aegis/Pavise combo, optional Vengeance, Tomefaire, Luna, etc. Seeing as though his other supports are either better as physical partners or his mother, it seemed like they would be the best together.
    Why not something like Henry!Cynthia for Laurent? I'm assuming he's a Sorceror, as apart from maybe Sage that's his best class, so he doesn't need the Def a Sorceror would provide thanks to Nosferatu. The extra speed offered from a Dark Flier would help against Swordmasters/Assassins etc. and Galeforce can help weaken the enemy on player phase and effectively double the pair's movement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    Why not something like Henry!Cynthia for Laurent? I'm assuming he's a Sorceror, as apart from maybe Sage that's his best class, so he doesn't need the Def a Sorceror would provide thanks to Nosferatu. The extra speed offered from a Dark Flier would help against Swordmasters/Assassins etc. and Galeforce can help weaken the enemy on player phase and effectively double the pair's movement.
    Well, the only real problem I have with Noir+Laurent was that he doesn't seem to move too far each turn, so perhaps this'll make it better. Also, I really want a Cynthia with white hair. Good thing I actually saved on a different sot right before the battle!

I am currently training a Streetpass Unit to be a Dark Magic Mire user, I was thinking that the skills would be Galeforce, Lifetaker, Ignis/Luna, Acrobat, Aegis/Pavise. Opinions? Thanks.

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

Quote Originally Posted by Chapter of Charizard View Post
    I am currently training a Streetpass Unit to be a Dark Magic Mire user, I was thinking that the skills would be Galeforce, Lifetaker, Ignis/Luna, Acrobat, Aegis/Pavise. Opinions? Thanks.
    I'd advise against Galeforce for just about any Streetpass Unit, as the opponent is most likely to reset if one their units dies so Galeforce never gets to activate. Same with Lifetaker. If the Sorceror is male I suggest Aggressor, since Mire users can't retaliate on the opponent's phase anyway or Tomefaire if the Sorc is female. I'd like to suggest Sol, but Mire can't double so it won't activate often unless the unit makes use of the aforementioned back-up tome. Renewal seems to be the most appropiate healing skill, but even then I'm not sure the Sorcerer would even survive a round of combat to make good use of Renewal.
    Otherwise it looks fine.

Also, I'd advise having Lucky 7, seeing as though Mire gives such bad accuracy.

Personally, I'd advise not having a Mire Sorc at all. Might as well throw Nosferatu on it like everyone else.

Also, I'd advise having Lucky 7, seeing as though Mire gives such bad accuracy.
    Lucky 7 only affects Avoid, not hit. If you want hit, I'd just forge extra hit onto the Mire tome. Unless it can't be forged(I don't think it can). Otherwise, you could go with Hit Rate +20 if accuracy is really a problem.

On a random note: I learnt how to play the Summer Scramble theme on my keyboard and, by extension, the Fire Emblem theme.

Lucky 7 only affects Avoid, not hit. If you want hit, I'd just forge extra hit onto the Mire tome. Unless it can't be forged(I don't think it can). Otherwise, you could go with Hit Rate +20 if accuracy is really a problem.

On a random note: I learnt how to play the Summer Scramble theme on my keyboard and, by extension, the Fire Emblem theme.
    But the Lucky 7 description says, "Grants Hit/Avoid +20 for the first seven turns."

For my To-Learn List on the piano, I want to be able to play Midna's Lament, Xion's Theme, something Pokémon, the Merchant-Theme (FE:A), and then a rhythm or two from HarmoKnight.

So...I'm thinking of marrying Gregor to Lissa. This'll give generous mods all around, pretty good Dread Fighter, and Armsthrift with availability to Swords, Axes, and Tomes of great use. Does anyone know a better father w/ Armsthrift for him, or should I go ahead with this?

ash2.jpg Is it just me, or does Ash look kinda like a Trickster (crossover DLC incoming!)?

But the Lucky 7 description says, "Grants Hit/Avoid +20 for the first seven turns."
    Ah my bad. It makes me wonder why Hit Rate +20 even exists, since Lucky 7 also increases Avoid and most maps don't last over 7 turns.

For my To-Learn List on the piano, I want to be able to play Midna's Lament, Xion's Theme, something Pokémon, the Merchant-Theme (FE:A), and then a rhythm or two from HarmoKnight.
    Glad to see someone else does this. I should get round to making a thread for it so I don't derail this one though.

So...I'm thinking of marrying Gregor to Lissa. This'll give generous mods all around, pretty good Dread Fighter, and Armsthrift with availability to Swords, Axes, and Tomes of great use. Does anyone know a better father w/ Armsthrift for him, or should I go ahead with this?

ash2.jpg Is it just me, or does Ash look kinda like a Trickster (crossover DLC incoming!)?
    I'm pretty sure Donnel is the only other father with Mercenary, except Priam for Male Morgan and, of course Male Avatar. Go with Gregor.

As for Ash:

1. Make Build 2 Male Avatar with Black hair
    2. Class change to Trickster
    3. ???
    4. Profit

Ah my bad. It makes me wonder why Hit Rate +20 even exists, since Lucky 7 also increases Avoid and most maps don't last over 7 turns.
    Truly, it is an OP skill. Then again, there's only a handful of characters that can learn it.

As for Ash:

1. Make Build 2 Male Avatar with Black hair
    2. Class change to Trickster
    3. ???
    4. Profit
    I'll do that and see how it comes up. I'll try making a picture to upload as well.

I'd advise against Galeforce for just about any Streetpass Unit, as the opponent is most likely to reset if one their units dies so Galeforce never gets to activate. Same with Lifetaker. If the Sorceror is male I suggest Aggressor, since Mire users can't retaliate on the opponent's phase anyway or Tomefaire if the Sorc is female. I'd like to suggest Sol, but Mire can't double so it won't activate often unless the unit makes use of the aforementioned back-up tome. Renewal seems to be the most appropiate healing skill, but even then I'm not sure the Sorcerer would even survive a round of combat to make good use of Renewal.
    Otherwise it looks fine.
    Good advice. And hm, good points with Lifetaker and Galeforce. I do love those skills tohugh; my Morgan has both and she basically kills everything in Apotheosis.

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Chapter of Charizard View Post
    Good advice. And hm, good points with Lifetaker and Galeforce. I do love those skills tohugh; my Morgan has both and she basically kills everything in Apotheosis.
    Yeah, Streetpass is a lot different from Apotheosis. The player has a lot of advantages against the opponent, namely pair-up and a human brain. No matter how good your team is you'll never beat them in a straight fight, ignoring the fact that any player on Classic will just reset at the first death. In fact, forcing a reset is the name of the game. That means Miracle, Counter and Lethality are much better here than in any other part of the game. As long as Lethality manages to activate at least once, you've done your job.

Got stuck on Ch18. In the space of two chapters, the enemies go from half unpromoted/half lvl 3 promotes to lvl 3 promotes/lvl 8 promotes w/ forges. Since I have such a large team half my characters are completely unable to deal with that. EXPonential Growth don't fail me now!
    Last edited by Aurath8; 8th September 2013 at 10:20 PM.

I made a Normal mode file for the first time so I can support grind easily. And dang I literally solo'd the game with the MU.
    Anyways atm I am at Summer Scramble collecting Seeds of Trust. And I'm just going to get all the supports possible.
    I got 7 supports for Lissa on a single map. Time to make those supports B, then A, and rotate around for all the S ranks
    and nab Owain-Father supports. Then off to the rest of the women, for the kids can get all those supports! I need 4 more
    parent supports with F!Morgan (among the 1st gen) also.

>When I get the Seeds I summon the Mist Einherjar and keep her alive as I use all the seeds.

So lucky!!!:
    I went to Nintendo World in NYC the other day and got a load of streetpasses. One of the FE:A players gave me a character with Aegis, Pavise, Ignis, Miracle, and Sol! Yahoooo!

EDIT:

Make sure to unequip Astra for Double Duel. I was doing army of shadow with my friend to get some excaliburs, and when Astra is activated ur often left with < 10 Health due to counter.
    Last edited by Chapter; 10th September 2013 at 5:21 PM.

I need 9 more supports for my male avatar!
    And 5 parent supports for F!Morgan!
    >w< I'm so happy. After I finish this I can do the F!MU and M!Morgan
    supports

Hey, when you guys do Apotheosis, do you play on Classic or do you play on Casual for back-up purposes?

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

I think pretty much everyone here plays on Classic, regardless of what chapters or DLC are being played.

Page 181 of 224 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191 ... LastLast