Page 189 of 224 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,725 of 5585

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

Quote Originally Posted by The Prince of May View Post
    Thanks! So that means I can change their class as much as I want ? But wouldn't that make them invicible ?
    Every class has stat caps, whenever a stat turns green it can go no higher. No character can become invincible.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Max is level 20 for all classes except Taguel and Manakete, which is 30. You can reclass units as much as you like to help them cap their stats or get the skills you want.
    I am pretty sure a Villager can also go to Lv. 30, but I haven't played in a while, so I may be wrong...

I really need to get back into FE! Methinks more info on FE x SMT will help kindle the fire again!
    Too much water guys!

Quote Originally Posted by tomatohater View Post
    I am pretty sure a Villager can also go to Lv. 30, but I haven't played in a while, so I may be wrong...

I really need to get back into FE! Methinks more info on FE x SMT will help kindle the fire again!
    They can, but Villager has awful stat caps, so it's not worth leveling up that much. Same level cap applies to Dancer, but I believe Dancer has better caps than Villager. The two DLC classes, Lodestar and Conqueror also fall into this same category, only they have great caps.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Is that Dread Scroll DLC worth getting for a Dread Fighter, and, if so, who should I use it on?
    Too much water guys!

Is that Dread Scroll DLC worth getting for a Dread Fighter, and, if so, who should I use it on?
    It depends on if you think the skills are worth it. The caps are similar to the Grandmaster class but with Axes as an added weapon. Resistance +10 is handy for Chrom if you plan to swap him back into Great Lord, but it's up to you if you think that it's worth the slot. Aggressor is nice, though, giving you +10 Attack when you attack on your turn. That one is also a double-edged sword, since it's not helping on enemy phase. If you think they sound worth it, I'd say to go for it, it's a fun class. You aren't putting yourself at a disadvantage if you don't get it, though.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Quote Originally Posted by Psynergy View Post
    They can, but Villager has awful stat caps, so it's not worth leveling up that much. Same level cap applies to Dancer, but I believe Dancer has better caps than Villager. The two DLC classes, Lodestar and Conqueror also fall into this same category, only they have great caps.
    I thought the Conqueror class was only for Walhart and (if female Avatar marries him) Morgan (Male).

I believe you're thinking of Dread Fighter and Bride, those are the two DLC classes. But yes, they also have a max level of 30 rather than 20.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreaterLucario View Post
    I thought the Conqueror class was only for Walhart and (if female Avatar marries him) Morgan (Male).
    Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    I believe you're thinking of Dread Fighter and Bride, those are the two DLC classes. But yes, they also have a max level of 30 rather than 20.
    Nah, when I said that, I was referring to the two DLC classes, and Conqueror and Lodestar. I didn't read it that way when I wrote that, so I didn't realize that it wasn't totally clear.

Nah, when I said that, I was referring to the two DLC classes, and Conqueror and Lodestar. I didn't read it that way when I wrote that, so I didn't realize that it wasn't totally clear.
    Grammar's a tricky thing, ain't it? Would've been a bit more clear if it had been along the lines of "Villager, Dancer, the two DLC classes, Conqueror, and Lodestar". Or something like that. Punctuation and grammar, they'll mess you up good.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Grammar's a tricky thing, ain't it? Would've been a bit more clear if it had been along the lines of "Villager, Dancer, the two DLC classes, Conqueror, and Lodestar". Or something like that. Punctuation and grammar, they'll mess you up good.
    I would have done it that way, but I wanted to point out the special cases with Villager and Dancer first, so it happened to end up that way. That, and it wasn't exactly wrong the way I did it, just not the clearest way to say it. So I just kinda left it that way without a second thought. I could have mentioned the other enemy only classes like Soldier, Entombed and the like, but those are weird classes, especially when we start considering things like the super Soldier in the Death's Embrace DLC. Man, now I want to start playing again, but I've already got enough on my list right before the start of the semester.

I would have done it that way, but I wanted to point out the special cases with Villager and Dancer first, so it happened to end up that way. That, and it wasn't exactly wrong the way I did it, just not the clearest way to say it. So I just kinda left it that way without a second thought. I could have mentioned the other enemy only classes like Soldier, Entombed and the like, but those are weird classes, especially when we start considering things like the super Soldier in the Death's Embrace DLC. Man, now I want to start playing again, but I've already got enough on my list right before the start of the semester.
    Well, it also could've been expressed more clearly if it was simply in the opposite order; "Conqueror, Lodestar, and the two DLC classes". Again, grammar be trippy.

...*cough* In any event, I suppose a simpler way of summarizing this whole conversation would be to say that any class that is unable to promote (without being an already promoted class) can reach a max level of 30. Because that's ultimately what it boils down to.

And as it so happens, real life obligations will always hinder your attempts at video games
    Last edited by KillerDraco; 14th January 2014 at 3:51 AM.

...*cough* In any event, I suppose a simpler way of summarizing this whole conversation would be to say that any class that is unable to promote (without being an already promoted class) can reach a max level of 30. Because that's ultimately what it boils down to.

And as it so happens, real life obligations will always hinder your attempts at video games
    If only Sothe in Path of Radiance also had that benefit of going to level 30. Or at least better stat caps to go with him if they weren't going to give him a promotion.

Yeah, it's not all real life obligations keeping me from video games. There's also a few other video game obligations that I told myself I wouldn't put off anymore. No time for Fire Emblem, it seems. Which is ironic since I was once set on getting all support conversations in Awakening. That sure didn't happen.

If only Sothe in Path of Radiance also had that benefit of going to level 30. Or at least better stat caps to go with him if they weren't going to give him a promotion.
    Wait, are you insinuating the Sothe is PoR is bad? That couldn't possibly be true!

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Wait, are you insinuating the Sothe is PoR is bad? That couldn't possibly be true!
    Oh no, he's not bad at all, not with those wonderful stat growths of his. It's just that once he reaches the level cap, he starts to fall behind other characters in terms of combat ability because of his stat caps limiting him, so he kinda falls out of it by endgame. Part of that also has to do with how Knives are lackluster weapons in general, but that's not my point. His utility as a thief can also be replaced by Volke, who comes earlier at a higher level, unless the price Volke pays is somehow an issue.

Sothe is great on his own, but a little boost to his caps would have been nice for some endgame potential. Of course, using him does net some handy stat boosts for a RD playthrough, so I've got to give him that.

Let's be real, in the context of the game he's pretty bad.

Let's be real, in the context of the game he's pretty bad.
    So it seems that my sarcasm detector needs some repairs. But really, it's mostly those caps that limit him. And the knives. And I guess the starting time hurts too. Otherwise, he's not that bad if you put time into training him up, until endgame, that is.

Sothe is good to train in PoR, only if you're thinking about hitting RD and making the somewhat insane enemies easier to kill at the start for the REAL needed units to get the kills.

But overall, he sucks a bit. Bane can only be useful for...letting others take the kills he can't.

FE's my favorite series of all time! I'm in love with Sacred Stones and Awakening.

The characters are awesome (Marth and Roy are my top faves) and in Awakening, the convos were LOL worthy. (I especially love the shower scene with F!Avatar and Chrom XD)

Also, favorite music? Powerful Foe in The Sacred Stones. I mean, metal guitar in a MEDIEVAL setting? HECK YEAH! I hope they remix the song in SSB4, that'll be epic!

Quote Originally Posted by PokeGirl101 View Post
    FE's my favorite series of all time! I'm in love with Sacred Stones and Awakening.

The characters are awesome (Marth and Roy are my top faves) and in Awakening, the convos were LOL worthy. (I especially love the shower scene with F!Avatar and Chrom XD)

Also, favorite music? Powerful Foe in The Sacred Stones. I mean, metal guitar in a MEDIEVAL setting? HECK YEAH! I hope they remix the song in SSB4, that'll be epic!
    Just wait 'till you see some of the character convos in the DLC map "Hot Spring Scramble" (or something like that). Heck, you can just look them up on the Fire Emblem Wiki- they have the script for all the character convos for that chapter.

I could use someone's' expert FE:A opinion *cough*TheGreaterLucario*...

I am making a team for Streetpass against my friend, and I want help thinking of a good class and abilities for Noire. NB he is on Newcomer, so Galeforce is viable for her...

Father: Lon'qu Mother: Tharja (obviously)

I was thinking if keeping her as an archer, and passing down Lifetaker from Tharja, and one of either Lethality, Astra or Vantage, but what other abilities could I use?

EDIT:

Same with Severa, what class and abilities?

Father: Stahl Mother: Cordelia

I was thinking GF from Cordelia and either Aegis, Luna or Astra from Stahl, but there may be better abilities they could pass...

HELP!
    Last edited by tomatohater; 18th January 2014 at 12:09 AM.
    Too much water guys!

I am making a team for Streetpass against my friend, and I want help thinking of a good class and abilities for Noire. NB he is on Newcomer, so Galeforce is viable for her...

I was thinking if keeping her as an archer, and passing down Lifetaker from Tharja, and one of either Lethality, Astra or Vantage, but what other abilities could I use?
    As a general rule of thumb, Lifetaker and Galeforce are of little use for Streetpass teams, given most people will just reset if something dies, so your foes will rarely if ever see it make a difference.

One offensive ability is a given. Astra or Luna would be your best bets for consistently high damage, although Lethality is trolololy despite the lower activation chance. Pavise from General (she has the class by default) is a solid option due to its great defensive utility. Vantage works well with Pavise as the latter's defensive ability will allow you to survive some lethal hits, putting you in the HP range for Vantage. If you have access to DLC, Limit Breaker is a must-have for Streetpass teams looking to frustrate opponents as much as possible. Lucky 7's from Tricksters can be solid for Streetpass teams, given Streetpass clashes rarely last more than a few turns anyway, so you'll have the boost to accuracy/evasion for most of the match. If you don't have Limit Breaker, you can always try novelties like Acrobat, which can be useful for positioning if she stays an Archer.

EDIT:

Same with Severa, what class and abilities?

Father: Stahl Mother: Cordelia

I was thinking GF from Cordelia and either Aegis, Luna or Astra from Stahl, but there may be better abilities they could pass...

HELP!

Well, I'm flattered that someone would consider my opinion "expert" but I haven't unlocked all the future kids yet. Noire and Severa are among the ones I have left to get. As far as StreetPass teams, though, the best recommendation I can make is to use your best units. My StreetPass team consists of the Black Knight (who I class-changed to a Wyvern Lord, got to Lv. 20, then class-changed again into a Hero- Skill of 45 with BOTH Luna and Sol!), Nowi (who maxed out as a Manakete and is now a Wyvern Lord), my main (a Grandmaster), Frederick (a General), Deirdre (a Dark Knight), Olwen (another Dark Knight), Eirika (who started as a Myrmidon, leveled up to 20, promoted to Swordmaster, got to lv. 20, and is now a Paladin), and two people I recruited from StreetPass teams.

Today's Severa's birthday!

She got an Alm's Blade and a perfect gift for the daughter of a perfect mother...a Log.

sooooo anywhoooooooo

I went out to Gameflop on Sunday, and I picked up Shadow Dragon (as well as the first Ace Attorney, which I just finished today).

There's a blizzard outside, so I'm not doing anything tomorrow. I just finished the Prologue; anything I should know before I start going through the rest of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    sooooo anywhoooooooo

I went out to Gameflop on Sunday, and I picked up Shadow Dragon (as well as the first Ace Attorney, which I just finished today).

There's a blizzard outside, so I'm not doing anything tomorrow. I just finished the Prologue; anything I should know before I start going through the rest of the game?
    Reclassing kinda had its debut in this game, if you haven't reached Chapter 4(?) yet. It's less personalized than in Awakening, but there are still limitations. Aside from Caeda and other Pegasus Knights, don't ever make someone a magic user unless they normally use magic, or vice-versa (unless you want to have some fun with it, I guess). Aside from that, though, you can go crazy with reclassing.

Also, character development outright doesn't exist for most characters past the prologue, so don't expect anything there. Some characters will never say a word through the whole game aside from their death quote if they die. There are some side chapters, but don't bother with them unless you play the horribly unbalanced higher difficulties. You'd need every character dead except for 15 of them to access them, and this game gives you characters like no tomorrow.

In fact, the majority of pre-promoted characters have garbage stat growths, so very few of them are worth using outside of their starting chapters, if even that. There are two insane ones, though, Wolf and Sedgar, who have the best growths in the game, if I recall correctly. You'll notice fast, though, that stat growths in general are terrible compared to Awakening (Res growths are 0% for most non-magic users, except for ones like Marth who have a 2% growth in Res).

Page 189 of 224 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199 ... LastLast