Page 190 of 222 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,750 of 5530

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    sooooo anywhoooooooo

I went out to Gameflop on Sunday, and I picked up Shadow Dragon (as well as the first Ace Attorney, which I just finished today).

There's a blizzard outside, so I'm not doing anything tomorrow. I just finished the Prologue; anything I should know before I start going through the rest of the game?
    http://www.kidzworld.com/article/165...haracter-guide

Use this. It tells you which character suck (Almost all of them) and which characters are okay (about 14 or so). Same list I used to go through the game, it was a lot better that way.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Cool, thanks for the tips, guys. I just reached Chapter 4, so I'll probably start screwing around with reclassing maybe later tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Psynergy View Post
    Also, character development outright doesn't exist for most characters past the prologue, so don't expect anything there. Some characters will never say a word through the whole game aside from their death quote if they die.
    this game gives you characters like no tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Use this. It tells you which character suck (Almost all of them) and which characters are okay (about 14 or so). Same list I used to go through the game, it was a lot better that way.
    So, there's a buttload of characters, and like 80% are pretty much expendable?

Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    So, there's a buttload of characters, and like 80% are pretty much expendable?

Good to know.
    There are some that aren't even worth taking the time to recruit.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

There are some that aren't even worth taking the time to recruit.
    I like to make my own challenges. In Shadow Dragon, I was trying to do the "recruit every character (sans Nagi)" clause. Whatever characters I keep alive are the ones I work with.

Cipher sent us to hell - but we're going even deeper - take back every Pokemon that we've lost!
    Wakin, I'm already a demon...
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Is Gregor's birthday!

He gets Tiki's Tear and burned Dying Blaze tome.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

I'm probably going to start a new game with a Ma!MU and can't decide on whether to marry Sumia for the mods or Tharja for mods AND getting ten galeforce children.

Has anyone tried to completely Max out the Parents before getting the Child Unit? I'm doing it with ChromxOlivia atm, so the results should be interesting to say the least!
    Thanks to Astral Shadow from The Under for the Bravely Default Banner!

I did it with all of them, there's no real benefit to it. They're stronger when you first recruit them but the end result is always the same.

I did it with all of them, there's no real benefit to it. They're stronger when you first recruit them but the end result is always the same.
    Is it? I thought the higher the parent's stats, the greater the cap for the child unit, or am I mistaken?

Quote Originally Posted by tomatohater View Post
    Is it? I thought the higher the parent's stats, the greater the cap for the child unit, or am I mistaken?
    Well, not exactly. They hit the cap faster in their base classes when you first get them if the parents have many of their stats at a high digit.

You are mistaken. The parents influence the child's caps, but the parent's stats themselves don't.

You are mistaken. The parents influence the child's caps, but the parent's stats themselves don't.
    OK, thank you for clearing that up! So should I just get the Children and not bother grinding (apart from Abilities/Skills) at all?

OK, thank you for clearing that up! So should I just get the Children and not bother grinding (apart from Abilities/Skills) at all?
    Yes. Once the parents have the appropriate Skills that you want the child to inherit, recruit away.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

The only possible benefit to grinding the parent's stats up is that it might make it easier for the children to survive their chapters if they get attacked before you make it to them, but that's never really an issue in the first place.

The only possible benefit to grinding the parent's stats up is that it might make it easier for the children to survive their chapters if they get attacked before you make it to them, but that's never really an issue in the first place.
    Unless you're playing on Hard or Lunatic, but you can always Rescue staff most of them to safety and recruit them that way. That doesn't work for Severa, though, so grinding might help. Or better yet, just wait until later in the game, since those enemies are fairly problematic on higher difficulties.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Unless you're playing on Hard or Lunatic, but you can always Rescue staff most of them to safety and recruit them that way. That doesn't work for Severa, though, so grinding might help. Or better yet, just wait until later in the game, since those enemies are fairly problematic on higher difficulties.
    Wont make any difference on Hard, really. Hard is still pretty easy. If you're on Lunatic the extra points wont help you at all anyway. The child characters would be ****ed regardless.

I don't know, Severa on Hard is still annoying unless she's got some decent stats to work with. And Owain on Lunatic can hold his own for a little bit, if he's got some better stats to work with. Oh, and especially Kjelle on Lunatic helps with her survivability a bit while you make your way up to her.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

I can only speak for Hard, I never had any issues getting any of the Children. I'm not lunatic enough to try Lunatic, though.

I can only speak for Hard, I never had any issues getting any of the Children. I'm not lunatic enough to try Lunatic, though.
    It's not Lunatic you've gotta' be scared of. It's Lunatic +. (Remembers Youtube video I saw of the Risen in chapter 1 having Hammers and skills like Hawkeye and Luna +.....*shudder*)

Lunatic+ is definitely worse than Lunatic, but both of them are just too punishing.

Lunatic+ is definitely worse than Lunatic, but both of them are just too punishing.
    I have only ever tried Lunatic, and it is stupidly difficult. The fact tha Reeking Boxes are really expensive doesn't help either, especially when you unlock the Child Units! I can't fathom how difficult Lunatic+ is...

I have only ever tried Lunatic, and it is stupidly difficult. The fact tha Reeking Boxes are really expensive doesn't help either, especially when you unlock the Child Units! I can't fathom how difficult Lunatic+ is...
    Reeking Boxes aren't actually worth using either, since those skirmishes will destroy you unless you have a team with near perfect stats. DLC is pretty much the only "reasonable" way to level grind on Lunatic, but even the easiest of DLC has some tough enemies. It's as if they're simulating the older games that didn't give level grinding as an option, which is actually pretty clever. Lunatic+, though...

Enemies randomly with Pass is annoying, but adding Counter onto just about every random enemy on Chapter 3 was enough to make me quit on that. And it's not just that, but the fact that the skills are totally randomized on the enemies.

It takes a tactical genius to find enjoyment out of Lunatic or Lunatic+, or a masochist.

Recently purchased the remaining DLC I had in FEA. One of which was Apotheosis. I cleared the first two waves with a few casualties and then quit. I did not want to press my lucky. So far, my main unit is the only one who has maxed stats with Limit Breaker. Cordelia and Severa almost have maxed stats with Limit Breaker and a handful of units are close to getting maxed stats pre-Limit Breaker. Probably going to breeze through Rouge & Redeemers 3 for a bunch of Limit Breakers.
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:
    Anime List

I went back to this game not because I want to try my hand at Apotheosis, but because I want to complete the Support Log.

That easily became a hobby.

Page 190 of 222 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200 ... LastLast