Page 191 of 224 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,775 of 5585

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

I only tried Apotheosis once before I stopped playing. I had trouble with it only because it was an actual challenge and I couldn't just throw whoever I wanted anywhere and watch them tank anything and everything. Been wanting to play recently, though. If I find time I might go back.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I always have trouble deciding who to pair with who, I like to play casually but I want to start taking it seriously, and yes I'm aware it's a game but you guys nows what I mean. What is the general consensus on the most optimum pairings.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    I always have trouble deciding who to pair with who, I like to play casually but I want to start taking it seriously, and yes I'm aware it's a game but you guys nows what I mean. What is the general consensus on the most optimum pairings.
    Really it's up to you. If you're talking about which characters to marry to which characters, just pair the ones you feel would go well together.

Chrom and Olivia. Donnel and Lissa.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Chrom and Olivia. Donnel and Lissa.
    What about Donnel and Nowi? I always hear that?

+Speed Avatar and Cordelia makes for a lightning fast Severa if you make her a Hero, but Avatar with just about any character is a good choice, really. Morgan is amazing regardless of anything. As far as optimization goes, though, the most I can think of is getting Galeforce onto male children characters and Counter on female children characters. Though neither are exactly necessary, you won't regret getting those skills on any of the children characters.

Donnel with anyone is great, as far as I can tell, since the Villager skills are very helpful earlier on. He's may not be worth a chance on Lunatic, but on Normal or Hard, his stats grow incredibly fast at little cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Chaos View Post
    Galeforce and Armshift on Nah. A much better pairing would be Donnel and Sully because a Nah fathered by Kellam can fudging tank for days.
    Oh, right. Armshift is a skill that's always worth getting as well, especially for DLC stuff.
    Last edited by Psynergy; 4th February 2014 at 2:33 AM.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

What about Donnel and Nowi? I always hear that?
    Galeforce and Armshift on Nah. A much better pairing would be Donnel and Sully because a Nah fathered by Kellam can fudging tank for days.
    Last edited by Mark_Chaos; 4th February 2014 at 2:37 AM.

Thanks for all the advice, I normally just play this game to relax but I always wanted to get into the complicated side of the game.

Donnel and Lissa.
    I'd actually say that Donnel and Lissa's boon is somewhat less valuable with the release of Limit Breaker. Donnel-fathered-Owain's claim to fame, having 51 luck with Armsthrift making weapons unbreakable, can be obtainable by pretty much every other character with Limit Breaker equipped.

...Of course, this is primarily a late-game thing, given you probably won't be getting Limit Breaker until very late in the game. And that's assuming you're willing to pay for DLC at all.

Don't mind my tangent.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

If we're talking about Optimization, best Avatar would be Male!MU because he can give Galeforce to a galeforceless daughter.

Best Pairings:

Ma!MU X Any female that can give two children/any mother who doesn't pass on galeforce to their daughter.
    Fe!MU X 2nd Gen Male
    Chrom X Maribelle, Olivia, or Sumia
    Lissa X Henry, Ricken, or Libra
    Miriel X Gregor, Stahl, or Lon'qu
    Sumia X Chrom or Henry
    Sully X Donnel
    Maribelle X Ricken or Libra (For the mods really)
    Panne X Frederick or Gregor
    Cordelia X Lon'qu or Stahl
    Nowi X Kellam or Gauis
    Tharja X Gaius
    Olivia X Chrom, Stahl, or Libra
    Cherche X Vaike, Stahl, or Gregor

Galeforce 2nd Gen:
    with Male!MU:
    Min = 3 / Max = 10
    with Fe!MU:
    Min = 2 / Max = 9

Children that get galeforce naturally:
    Severa (Cordelia)
    Cynthia (Sumia)
    Fe!Morgan (Ma!MU)

Children that need to inherit galeforce from a Mother:
    Owain (Lissa)
    Brady (Maribelle)
    Inigo (Olivia)
    Ma!Morgan (Fe!MU)

Children that need to inherit the pegasus Knight class from Ma!MU, Gaius, and Donnel:
    Kjelle (Sully)
    Nah (Nowi)
    Noire (Tharja)

Children who can't get Galeforce period:
    Laurent (Miriel)
    Yarne (Panne)
    Gerome (Cherche)

Sumia, Maribelle, Olivia, or F!eMU for Lucina (Chrom) to get Galeforce through Pegasus Knight.
    Last edited by Mark_Chaos; 4th February 2014 at 3:24 AM.

If we're talking about Optimization, best Avatar would be Male!MU because he can give Galeforce to a galeforceless daughter.
    Gaius and Donnel do the same thing too.

That said, in-game optimization and Streetpass optimization are two wildly different things. Of course Galeforce is of the utmost importance in-game, but if you're trying to make your Streetpass team as brutal as possible, Galeforce isn't a concern, given most people will reset if one of your units kills one of theirs. As such, I find it preferable (by which I mean the most troll-tastic) to leave Galeforce out of my Streetpass teams in order to make them as difficult to kill and as lethal to opposing units as possible.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

I've played the entire Fire Emblem series. I have to say, I looooove, Awakening. The story is rich, sound track is quite nice as well. But my favorite part of it is the marriage system. It add that cute little dating sim-esc little kick to it. The characters were all very unique and quirky in this aspect because you'd find so much about them with each play through and combination you chose. Not to mention it's the home game of my husbando, Lon'qu, Uguuuu~

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Gaius and Donnel do the same thing too.
    What I meant by this was that if choosing between male and female MU, male can be the better choice because it gives you an extra father for galeforceless daughters.

That said, in-game optimization and Streetpass optimization are two wildly different things. Of course Galeforce is of the utmost importance in-game, but if you're trying to make your Streetpass team as brutal as possible, Galeforce isn't a concern, given most people will reset if one of your units kills one of theirs. As such, I find it preferable (by which I mean the most troll-tastic) to leave Galeforce out of my Streetpass teams in order to make them as difficult to kill and as lethal to opposing units as possible.
    Best skills are Counter + Miracle , Lethality + RK, and forged Long Bow users. Essentially, your building a Troll team.
    Last edited by Mark_Chaos; 4th February 2014 at 3:00 AM.

What I meant by this was that if choosing between male and female, male can be the better choice because it gives you an extra father for galeforceless daughters.

Best skills are Counter + Miracle , Lethality + RK, and forged Long Bow users.
    Those skills are best for street pass corect?

Okay so no galeforce but yes to RK.

SPOILERS ALL OVER THIS POST BEWARRREEEEE

Started my third palythrough, i am trying a female this time and the worst thing happened to me:
    CHROM MARRIED ME AFTER DEFEATING PLEGIA
    I was so pissed because I had a plan to marry Frederick to Panne and then Myself to Yarne and I had +Str-Mag and it would have been 3rd gen Morgan going Frederick!Yarne!Morgan argh so bothered rn
    But Yarne is still kicka*s and Frederick and Panne make a great team for taking on most of the game
    Now I'm getting Lucina and Yarne together
    who are both btw amazing Lucina has Aether and Ignis and Yarne has Luna and Beastbane
    really good duo
    now I'm thinking to recruit some other children that I hadn't done the paralogue for, specifically Severa, Morgan, and... someone else... Oh right Nah, who should also be pretty great with Gregor as her father
    Things aren't going as planned though. my pairings are pretty conventional. Nothing too new. Lon'qu + Cordelia, Donnel + Tharja, Gaius + Lissa, MU + Chrom, Nowi + Gregor, and bla bla bla
    But I did kill off Sully and Maribelle
    I finally beat a chapter that i was having difficulty with and Sully and did and i just didn't care
    Maribelle... IDK I never end up using Brady so when she died I didn't care.

EDIT:

In other news I finally perfect my original, Classic Normal file. Liam, Anna, Morgan, and Chrom are the most unlikely yet amazing team. I'm so close to beating Apotheosis with them too, but I might need to sacrifice some random Cards if I want to get past the 4th round.
    Last edited by Chapter; 4th February 2014 at 3:04 AM.

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

Those skills are best for street pass corect?

Okay so no galeforce but yes to RK.
    With Limit Breaker on, Olivia!Lucina as an assassin can get to an activation of 25 instead of 15. The only users are Lucina with a mother of either Olivia or Sully, but Inigo and Ma!Morgan need Chrom (or if Ma!Morgan's the son of Chrom!Inigo).

With Limit Breaker on, Olivia!Lucina as an assassin can get to an activation of 25 instead of 15. The only users are Lucina with a mother of either Olivia or Sully, but Inigo and Ma!Morgan need Chrom (or if Ma!Morgan's the son of Chrom!Inigo).
    All right, I now know who I will marry to make a street pass team and what skills to pass down. I want to thank everyone for their help.

Maybe if I ever finish Shadow Dragon, I'll go back to Awakening and do another playthrough.

I'm still not buying DLC, though, so I'm not even going to try Lunatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Maybe if I ever finish Shadow Dragon, I'll go back to Awakening and do another playthrough.

Even with DLC, it's a pretty good idea to not try Lunatic.

Even with DLC, it's a pretty good idea to not try Lunatic.
    Unless you enjoy masochism.

And then there's Lunatic+, which is for people who hate life, sanity, and the pursuit of happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Yeah, you'd hate it. Though Champions of Yore 1 isn't too bad for grinding if you got that for free at the time. It just takes forever. Abusing Spotpass teams doesn't work either, since all kills get you only 1 EXP, and weapon levels don't go up at all with them either. I know, I tried

I left my copy of Awakening back home, though, so no Fire Emblem for me...
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Quote Originally Posted by Psynergy View Post
    Yeah, you'd hate it. Though Champions of Yore 1 isn't too bad for grinding if you got that for free at the time. It just takes forever. Abusing Spotpass teams doesn't work either, since all kills get you only 1 EXP, and weapon levels don't go up at all with them either. I know, I tried

I left my copy of Awakening back home, though, so no Fire Emblem for me...
    I know how that feels, I'm going to have to wait till summer to go get my 3ds and finally play Fire Emblem. I left it in Texas when I moved to another state.

Why not just have your family send it over to you?

Why not just have your family send it over to you?
    Because it's in a storage with all my other crap.

Can someone recommend some Abilities/Skills to pass down to Noire? (She will stay as an archer)

Her Parents are, of course, Tharja and Lon'qu!
    Too much water guys!

Page 191 of 224 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201 ... LastLast