Page 192 of 224 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202 ... LastLast
Results 4,776 to 4,800 of 5585

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

Quote Originally Posted by tomatohater View Post
    Can someone recommend some Abilities/Skills to pass down to Noire? (She will stay as an archer)

Her Parents are, of course, Tharja and Lon'qu!
    Well, since it's Lon'qu, pass down Vantage to avoid wasting the level limit on a base class.

Maybe Vengeance if Tharja has it. I can only imagine Lon'qu's magic growth nullifies Tharja's.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Well, since it's Lon'qu, pass down Vantage to avoid wasting the level limit on a base class.

Maybe Vengeance if Tharja has it. I can only imagine Lon'qu's magic growth nullifies Tharja's.
    I was thinking either Astra or Vantage from Lon'qu, but I have no clue to Tharja should pass...
    Too much water guys!

Tharja can't really pass anything useful to Noire.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Why can't I send my Fire Emblem team through the Poke Transporter to store them on Pokemon Bank?

Is it because my Marth is hacked?

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Why can't I send my Fire Emblem team through the Poke Transporter to store them on Pokemon Bank?

Yes. There's no way to obtain a legitimate Marth.

...*cough*

Next time try the Outrealm Gate instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Tharja can't really pass anything useful to Noire.
    This is especially true since Noire and Tharja have the exact same class sets, so... yeah. I suppose Luna or Pavise could be moderately useful to start with, but other than that, Tharja's skills are relatively unspectacular.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post

Because Square Enix hasn't released Pokemon Bank in Hyrule, yet.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    This is especially true since Noire and Tharja have the exact same class sets, so... yeah. I suppose Luna or Pavise could be moderately useful to start with, but other than that, Tharja's skills are relatively unspectacular.
    I'd suggest Pavise myself, seeing Noire is planned to stay as an Archer. Seeing as archers aren't going to get much of any chance to attack on the enemy phase, mitigating the amount of damage she takes on enemy phase would help. That's what I would do for a Sniper, anyway.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Quote Originally Posted by Psynergy View Post
    I'd suggest Pavise myself, seeing Noire is planned to stay as an Archer. Seeing as archers aren't going to get much of any chance to attack on the enemy phase, mitigating the amount of damage she takes on enemy phase would help. That's what I would do for a Sniper, anyway.
    So, out of these Skills, which 2 do you think are best?

Tharja: Lifetaker or Pavise

Lon'qu: Astra or Vantage

Please state why too!

Thanks!
    Too much water guys!

Please state why too!

Thanks!
    Lifetaker, Lifetaker nets more durability if you don't just throw her into the middle of Melee units which you should be avoiding as much as possible anyway to get counterattack damage and a bow won't counter melee anyway. Pavise is also a % which I've never been a fan on leaving things to chance if I have the option to avoid doing so.

Astra, I really only worry about getting Vantage on things that can hit adjacent enemies it's the most common range, but is more practical to switch into and get than Astra.

Didn't really read past the skill post, but I'd consider Marrying Tharja to Gaius to get Noire as a Dark Flier for Galeforce it's pretty nice to have on an archer even if you just use the second turn to retreat out of harms way and Gaius will still offer decent Speed and Skill.
    Last edited by Dwlr; 6th February 2014 at 10:04 AM.

Please state why too!

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwlr View Post
    Lifetaker, Lifetaker nets more durability if you don't just throw her into the middle of Melee units which you should be avoiding as much as possible anyway to get counterattack damage and a bow won't counter melee anyway. Pavise is also a % which I've never been a fan on leaving things to chance if I have the option to avoid doing so.

Astra, I really only worry about getting Vantage on things that can hit adjacent enemies it's the most common range, but is more practical to switch into and get than Astra.

Didn't really read past the skill post, but I'd consider Marrying Tharja to Gaius to get Noire as a Dark Flier for Galeforce it's pretty nice to have on an archer even if you just use the second turn to retreat out of harms way and Gaius will still offer decent Speed and Skill.
    Pavise would be better, your Snipers should never be taking damage, so Lifetaker isn't really all that useful. Pavise will help more in the rare situations where someone gets through by actually reducing damage, possibly allowing your character to live.

Pavise would be better, your Snipers should never be taking damage, so Lifetaker isn't really all that useful. Pavise will help more in the rare situations where someone gets through by actually reducing damage, possibly allowing your character to live.
    So we're all agreed on Astra and Pavise?

Thanks for all your help guys, I really appreciate it!
    Too much water guys!

Lifetaker allows you to heal off damage brought about by your attacking mages who are going to be counter attacking you regardless and are more of a threat than pretty much any Melee unit, Pavise is % chance to halve damage only from things that do far less damage considering the gaps between Def and Res are always pretty much skewed towards Def, Lifetaker makes you self sufficient and with Galeforce and Lifetaker you can easily make a duo that can single-handedly beat Lunatic Mode Pavise can't do that. Sure you can argue the unanswered attack vs melee units is the point of a Sniper, but pretty much any decently leveled unit can deal with Melee units, being able to safely hit a mage take the counter attack and then heal it off is more far more important.

And again if you're using a Sniper you should be smart enough that Pavise attempts won't even come into play more than once or twice the entire map and the children with their elevated stats can ignore several hits with impunity if they can heal it off before the next round and healing it themselves is more efficient than having priests running around or wasting money on pointless healing items.

Also commenting on the previous about Tharja not passing anything useful because they have the same class sets as Noire, that can be said about all parents except those that have gender specific classes as the child inherits all the classes the parents can change into thus why any child with the avatar not just Morgan can be any class including the Tactician.

And to answer the parent influence on children:
    Base Stats and Growth Rates are inherited, but what matters is the child inherits the total maximum stat modifiers +1
    In Tharja with Lon'Qu a.k.a this case you get +1 Str, +4 Mag, +3 Skl, +5 Spd, -2 Luck, 0 Def, -1 Res, Lon'Qu has no negative magic modifier and gets the full +3 Magic from Tharja.

So we're all agreed on Astra and Pavise?

Thanks for all your help guys, I really appreciate it!
    Nope, Lifetaker and Astra here still the 'rare' occasions Hydroh was talking about should be so rare with competent playing that Lifetaker will net much more self-sustained servivability which means more total damage as your staff users can use their turn to attack or you can use their turn to heal the unit that is blocking for the Sniper that can actually counter-attack the unit that would previously get the unanswered attack even if you could block half the damage. I said it once before, but I'll repeat it for emphasis, children are simply better than other units with the exception of your Avatar, Chrom, the Manaketes, and to a much lesser degree the Taguel, so you're looking at defense that can brush off those rare occasions without Pavise, but Pavise or not they're going to need to be healed eventually likely as not from magic damage that can also be adjacent and is far more damaging, Lifetaker handles that and offers predictable protection against all damage and not just the 51% chance to halve Lance, Sword, and Axe damage that you'd be wisest to avoid triggering entirely.

Galeforce, Lifetaker, and Tomebreaker is pretty much the Holy Trinity for Sniper Noire.

Are you already locked into Lon'Qu and are you insistent on keeping Noire as a Sniper? If you're not and you don't mind switching to a Dark Mage, you can get a +6 Magic Noire with Ricken and still get +2 Spd, or +5 Magic with Libra, it's kind of a waste to ignore Tharja's Magic entirely even with your Lon'Qu pairing if you're insistent on keeping 'natural' classes I'd consider a Bow Knight, they take quite a hit on max stats, but the ability to use a Levin Sword Gives you more versatility in damage, doesn't waste all of Tharja's natural benefit and you can trade equip after using your bow to have a melee counterattack, you also get a handy movement increase.

For skills on a Lon'qu Noire:
    1. Vengeance/Luna/Astra
    Vengeance is 100% proc with 50 skill for reliable damage.
    Luna has a 50% proc with 50 skill and will hit a little bit harder which is generally all you need
    Astra has a 25% and is usually over-kill where Luna or Vengeance would likely get you a kill and trigger more often.

2. Lifetaker will heal about 30-40 HP as you should have 60-80 HP easily. It pairs awkwardly with Vengeance, but it's worth noting that you can cause an attack take their counter attack damage use Vengeance's extra power to kill the enemy and then heal off the damage you just used to get the kill to begin with.

3. Bowfaire, obvious.

4. Tomebreaker, Resistance is pretty much always weaker than defense no matter your class and it'll help your longbow accuracy on those pesky mages at the same time.

5. Filler. Prescience (an extra 15 avoid on your turn which adds to anti-mage abilities, the hit rate is only really ever a factor with inaccurate weapons like longbows), Vantage (gives you the opportunity to get critical heals from Lifetaker using mages instead of melee units), Avoid +10 (like prescience with a lesser permanent effect, your natural avoid should be pretty high though), Pass (basic utility that is usually for frail units, but can have some basic utilities for a Sniper if you forget to account for movement penalties or something)

*I'd personally take Vantage for slot 5*
    Last edited by Dwlr; 6th February 2014 at 9:34 PM.

What should My Unit pass to Morgan. Her mother will be Nah, so she is a Manakete. Nah has Galeforce, but I am at a loss as to what to give Morgan as her fathers pass-on ability. Help?
    Too much water guys!

What should My Unit pass to Morgan. Her mother will be Nah, so she is a Manakete. Nah has Galeforce, but I am at a loss as to what to give Morgan as her fathers pass-on ability. Help?
    Ultimately it doesn't really matter a great deal, since she'll be able to reclass to anything other than Taguel. So just pick a decent male-only skill.

I beat Fire Emblem: Awakening (First FE game I ever played) and loved it. Now I want to backtrack and play other FE games, but I don't know which ones I should play since there's so many.

Quote Originally Posted by The Meddler View Post
    I beat Fire Emblem: Awakening (First FE game I ever played) and loved it. Now I want to backtrack and play other FE games, but I don't know which ones I should play since there's so many.
    Path of Radiance.

And after that, if you're a masochist, Radiant Dawn.

The hard part is finding a copy of anything not named Shadow Dragon or Radiant Dawn for a reasonable price. Otherwise, I second that suggestion. Path of Radiance is a nice game with colorful characters, in every sense of the word. It also lacks a hard mode in non-Japanese versions, so you can't go wrong with it, if difficulty is an issue.

And for people like me who like a variation of win conditions, there's more than just Rout Enemy or Defeat Boss like in Awakening. And there's Ike too, I suppose. Ike is amazing in Path of Radiance.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Quote Originally Posted by The Meddler View Post
    Start with blazing sword aka FE7, it's the first one to come to america and is great for beginners. It's also for the GBA
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

Blazing Sword and Sacred stones would be my choices, then move on to the GameCube games. You're free to completely avoid Shadow Dragon.

Sacred Stones is one of those that's just so mind-numbingly easy that it usually serves as a good introduction to the series for those who don't have a lot of experience with it. Playing it later on can lead to a bit of disappointment due to how easy it is.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Sacred Stones is one of those that's just so mind-numbingly easy that it usually serves as a good introduction to the series for those who don't have a lot of experience with it. Playing it later on can lead to a bit of disappointment due to how easy it is.
    I think because of it's ease it can also be a lot of fun, it's one of the few FE games were you get just completely overpower your enemies, can feel nice. And because of the ability to grind you can explore a lot of class options that you can't normally in other games.

I think because of it's ease it can also be a lot of fun, it's one of the few FE games were you get just completely overpower your enemies, can feel nice. And because of the ability to grind you can explore a lot of class options that you can't normally in other games.
    Depends on your preference I guess. Yeah, being able to just mow through your enemies with reckless abandon has some novelty, but it wears off after a while. Personally it's the challenge that keeps me playing.

Barring masochistic challenges like Lunatic/Lunatic+ of course

Ultimately it doesn't really matter a great deal, since she'll be able to reclass to anything other than Taguel. So just pick a decent male-only skill.
    I think I'll go with Counter! Thanks for your continuous help Hydrohs, I appreciate it!

I'll probably return tomorrow with another Child Unit Ability Dilemma!
    Too much water guys!

It doesn't matter and the Male only skills would be the thing to pass considering she can't be male and what not, but if you want to spend less time re-classing Morgan and get a skill for convenience I'd pass Lifetaker, pairs extremely well with Galeforce no matter what and Maneketes are pretty defensive maxing out at 53 base defense factoring in the Dragonstone+ buffs. You prolly won't use any unique skill you pass to Morgan (f), but the 'best' one is prolly Counter if you have the DLC I'd take Aggressor from the Dread Fighter class, +10 Attack 4 two turns through the use of Galeforce is solid, but if you have the DLC I'd honestly aim for:
    1. Ignis (Skill % chance off a 35 base magic stat that gets a +6 buff with Dragonstone+ combined with Limitbreaker to hit a 51 cap for a chance to do 25 extra damage at a marginally high activation which should be more than enough to kill units without going to lower activation rate skills like Astra)
    2. Lifetaker (Half life recovered on a unit with high Res and Def alike that has no problems killing to activate)
    3. Galeforce (Self-explainatory)
    4. Vantage (Can be subbed out for Sword Breaker if you're worried about the Wyrm Slayer sword, but it's unnecessary and Vantage can help you both for counterattacking which with the right partner and depending on the enemy can net you a kill if the stars align making Morgan's unit a very solid choice to be left alone surrounded by enemies, to further this I'd marry her off to Dual Guard+, Dual Support, Defender, Limit Breaker, Luna (for the higher activation rate) Gerome, I would want to use Frederick as father prolly finishing as the Wyvern Lord class for the +4 Str and +4 Def *Rickens ability to hit the support skills and use the Dark Knight class is pretty solid too offering Def, Res, and Move while the Magic isn't entirely wasted as Ignis will give you +1 damage from the +2 base magic pair bonus, but Dread Fighter is a great choice too extra Resistance is always welcome when you can get it as it's harder to get naturally.*)
    5. Limitbreaker (Pretty much the go to skill if you can swing it 10 more Def, Res, Strength, and Speed all weigh in pretty heavily)

Without any DLC I'd shoot for:
    1. Ignis (You can still squeeze 20 extra damage out of Ignis with the Dragonstone+ and at the Skill% and your already impressive Str based damage Astra is still overkill for a lower chance)
    2. Lifetaker (Same as above)
    3. Galeforce (Same)
    4. Vantage (Same as above but if you don't have a Limit Broken partner it won't be as effective to leave her in no-man's land as your Partners Dual actions will occur a slightly lower frequency and have less effect from the lower damage which will cost you quite a bit of former 1HKO as you're actually losing 20 Str (25 with Ignis Activation *I'd keep the same partner still subbing out his Limit Breaker Skill for Deliverer for emergencies or Aegis in-case you have to switch to save Morgan's life, Aegis also doesn't require an extra class change as you pick it up from the Paladin along with Defender*)
    5. Swordbreaker (Counters the Wyrm Slayer which is not really necessary to do, but you might as well.)

Because Square Enix hasn't released Pokemon Bank in Hyrule, yet.
    SAME. But unfortunately, PokeTransporter and PokeBank can't send Pokemon up to Skyloft or through the Twilight Barrier of Hyrule right now. Oh well.
    Can anyone recommend a good use for Kellam as a father? Everywhere I think he could be good, I find that Donnel could be better. So anywhere that Kellam could help with passing classes and skills and such would help.

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

Page 192 of 224 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202 ... LastLast