Page 193 of 224 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,825 of 5585

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

Quote Originally Posted by Chapter of Charizard View Post
    SAME. But unfortunately, PokeTransporter and PokeBank can't send Pokemon up to Skyloft or through the Twilight Barrier of Hyrule right now. Oh well.
    Can anyone recommend a good use for Kellam as a father? Everywhere I think he could be good, I find that Donnel could be better. So anywhere that Kellam could help with passing classes and skills and such would help.
    I put Kellam with Sully just as a sort of leftover, Kjelle tanked really well, naturally.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Can someone please tell me what class you get LanceBreaker in?

NEVER MIND I FOUND OUT!!
    Last edited by tomatohater; 9th February 2014 at 9:07 PM.
    Too much water guys!

Quote Originally Posted by tomatohater View Post
    Can someone please tell me what class you get LanceBreaker in?
    It's the level 15 Griffon Rider skill.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Barring masochistic challenges like Lunatic/Lunatic+ of course
    Luntaic mode IMO was pretty easy and Lunatic+ mode wasn't exactly 'hard' more a trial of the RNG early on avoid unwinnable scenarios when you don't have units that could fight fairly with the enemy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chapter of Charizard View Post
    Can anyone recommend a good use for Kellam as a father? Everywhere I think he could be good, I find that Donnel could be better. So anywhere that Kellam could help with passing classes and skills and such would help.
    In terms of areas Donnel can do better, but Kellam is good I'd say Nowi, Kellam passes Str and Def, but hurts speed if you make a defensive enough unit speed doesn't matter that much and still with the benefits of the Dragonstone+ Nah won't exactly be slow. (-3 from max) Donnel lowers speed by 1 aswell so there isn't a huge difference between the two, the main difference is that Donnel wastes the majority of his stats in his luck (+3) and Luck is pretty much the worst stat as far as I'm concerned since it naturally gets high enough that you can remove some and not suffer consequences and increasing it only makes it better for skill activation and those are skills I wouldn't be using. Basically I'm far more fond of Kellam's stat distribution, but you're right concerning Donnel he gives non-Galeforce female children the ability to learn Galeforce, but some units like a properly built Manakete can become solid units you can leave by themselves and with their versatile range they can weaken large groups of enemies if they aren't in danger of dying when doing so, which a +7 Defense +3 Resistance Nah can do so pretty well.

Kellam IMO is a better father to the male children as they can't inherit classes that allow them to learn Galeforce if their mother didn't already learn it. It's more about stats in those instances than skills and I don't like Donnel's distribution as I said it feels like a waste, Kellam loses in Spd and Luck, Spd hurts, but losing Luck is my fav distribution and Kellam while he doesn't take away from a useless field like Donnel he doesn't have any Magic gains either so they're about equal in that regard.

All versus Donnel in comparisons so I don't have to keep writing Donnel and I'm not saying Kellam is the ideal father in instances listed either:
    Cherche married to Kellam gets more skills including Luna and Dual Guard+ both, Luna is a solid activation skill and Dual Guard+ is nice if you intend to use him a support unit to another child (S rank pair partner for better benefits means sacrificing a child unit as a main which IMO is worth it, super units are generally better than spaced out good units) and the distribution works even keeping Gerome in his native class line. With Lissa Kellam loses Zeal if you want to try to make maximum Crit, but even with lower speed the Swordsmaster class has enough speed naturally and compared to most enemies that you can brush it off with impunity and against other swords masters if they're maxxed then you still shouldn't get doubled and you wouldn't have gotten a double unless you poured speed into them, you do end up with well above average defenses covering the class weaknesses even if you don't get hit that much defense is nice. With Olivia, Kellam brings more Skill which is kinda the point of keeping a Hero. With Mariabelle you don't lose any magic which is important for a Priest less so if you go the War Cleric route, but still helps with healing and range of certain staves. With Panne, Kellam can pass Luna for damage, Renewal for self-recovering, and Dual Guard + for support, Donnel can pass Sol, I prefer Kellam's options. With Miriel, Laurent is a magic class, Kellam preserves more magic, but Donnel gets Bowbreaker which people tend to like for mages, personally I don't rank Bowbreaker high enough to bother, both offer some defense to mages. Pretty important unless you're maxing anyway Kellam's growth rates are pretty great Donnel has a 80 Luck growth, but that and speed are the only things he beats Kellam in, Kellam gets a 70 Def rate and a 35 Res rate with a 100% HP rate. *Donnel's rates seems better because of Aptitude*

Quote Originally Posted by Dwlr View Post
    Luntaic mode IMO was pretty easy and Lunatic+ mode wasn't exactly 'hard' more a trial of the RNG early on avoid unwinnable scenarios when you don't have units that could fight fairly with the enemy.

In terms of areas Donnel can do better, but Kellam is good I'd say Nowi, Kellam passes Str and Def, but hurts speed if you make a defensive enough unit speed doesn't matter that much and still with the benefits of the Dragonstone+ Nah won't exactly be slow. (-3 from max) Donnel lowers speed by 1 aswell so there isn't a huge difference between the two, the main difference is that Donnel wastes the majority of his stats in his luck (+3) and Luck is pretty much the worst stat as far as I'm concerned since it naturally gets high enough that you can remove some and not suffer consequences and increasing it only makes it better for skill activation and those are skills I wouldn't be using. Basically I'm far more fond of Kellam's stat distribution, but you're right concerning Donnel he gives non-Galeforce female children the ability to learn Galeforce, but some units like a properly built Manakete can become solid units you can leave by themselves and with their versatile range they can weaken large groups of enemies if they aren't in danger of dying when doing so, which a +7 Defense +3 Resistance Nah can do so pretty well.

Kellam IMO is a better father to the male children as they can't inherit classes that allow them to learn Galeforce if their mother didn't already learn it. It's more about stats in those instances than skills and I don't like Donnel's distribution as I said it feels like a waste, Kellam loses in Spd and Luck, Spd hurts, but losing Luck is my fav distribution and Kellam while he doesn't take away from a useless field like Donnel he doesn't have any Magic gains either so they're about equal in that regard.

All versus Donnel in comparisons so I don't have to keep writing Donnel and I'm not saying Kellam is the ideal father in instances listed either:
    Cherche married to Kellam gets more skills including Luna and Dual Guard+ both, Luna is a solid activation skill and Dual Guard+ is nice if you intend to use him a support unit to another child (S rank pair partner for better benefits means sacrificing a child unit as a main which IMO is worth it, super units are generally better than spaced out good units) and the distribution works even keeping Gerome in his native class line. With Lissa Kellam loses Zeal if you want to try to make maximum Crit, but even with lower speed the Swordsmaster class has enough speed naturally and compared to most enemies that you can brush it off with impunity and against other swords masters if they're maxxed then you still shouldn't get doubled and you wouldn't have gotten a double unless you poured speed into them, you do end up with well above average defenses covering the class weaknesses even if you don't get hit that much defense is nice. With Olivia, Kellam brings more Skill which is kinda the point of keeping a Hero. With Mariabelle you don't lose any magic which is important for a Priest less so if you go the War Cleric route, but still helps with healing and range of certain staves. With Panne, Kellam can pass Luna for damage, Renewal for self-recovering, and Dual Guard + for support, Donnel can pass Sol, I prefer Kellam's options. With Miriel, Laurent is a magic class, Kellam preserves more magic, but Donnel gets Bowbreaker which people tend to like for mages, personally I don't rank Bowbreaker high enough to bother, both offer some defense to mages. Pretty important unless you're maxing anyway Kellam's growth rates are pretty great Donnel has a 80 Luck growth, but that and speed are the only things he beats Kellam in, Kellam gets a 70 Def rate and a 35 Res rate with a 100% HP rate. *Donnel's rates seems better because of Aptitude*
    I've already married Nowi, Panne, Cordelia, Chrom, and Female MU, so I'll have Kellam marry Cherche for skill and stat purposes. Thank you very much, this was EXTREMELY helpful!!

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

Well, I'd say the fact that some of us find Lunatic more fun than painfully difficult doesn't necessarily change the fact that it's still a challenging difficulty. The ability to grind off of DLC, and the all-around great stats of the Avatar and especially Morgan does take away from that challenge to a degree, but still. It would still take a masochist to want to get through the absurd early chapters in Lunatic+, real difficulty or not. I'm sure I spent half a week of playing trying to get through Chapter 2 and eventually 3 before I decided it wasn't worth it and just went for another Lunatic playthrough.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Quote Originally Posted by Psynergy View Post
    Well, I'd say the fact that some of us find Lunatic more fun than painfully difficult doesn't necessarily change the fact that it's still a challenging difficulty. The ability to grind off of DLC, and the all-around great stats of the Avatar and especially Morgan does take away from that challenge to a degree, but still. It would still take a masochist to want to get through the absurd early chapters in Lunatic+, real difficulty or not. I'm sure I spent half a week of playing trying to get through Chapter 2 and eventually 3 before I decided it wasn't worth it and just went for another Lunatic playthrough.
    For me Lunatic and Lunatic+ mode were pretty much the same up until Kellam's recruitment level and that's when the RNG became a real problem. As far as Lunatic mode is concerned as long as the RNG didn't give the enemy a crit in the first few levels and you don't get many +0 stat increases when you level you only need 1 unit to beat it. The Avi doesn't have an edge over the other standard units persay, it's just a matter that you get to build their stats the way you want, +3 overall isn't unheard of there are 'normal' units that have equal or higher increase to overall stats. (Nowi, Tiki and Panne off the top of my head all have +5) The avatar's main advantage is the ability to pick any skills you want however you can argue better or equal skills sets depending on some exceptions for instance a Male Avatar can't get Galeforce which I'd consider the best skill, and ofcourse depending on what skill set you prize you could get the same skills on another unit possibly. If you have a female avatar and marry Chrom, since Chrom or the Avi are pretty much mandatory on most levels you only have to really take that one single unit and it's perfectly viable to beat the entire game only using them, without using any DLC and not letting any of your other units die considering you don't even bring them. Now it's artificial difficulty especially considering that at some point the exp gain pretty much caps out no matter who you're using as a lead then it'd be beneficial to take a secondary unit, there are plenty of units that can interject themselves safely when you recruit them to start building a second super unit to make it that much easier without the risk of losing anybody still, doubly so if you make sure that unit can support Chrom so if you do ever have to switch off the Avi you can maintain a higher Dual Support rank for more Evasion, Hit Rate, Critical, and Critical Evade. Quite frankly I think the pair-up system made this game cake no matter what the difficulty. That said it's pointless to argue true difficulty as it's a subjective matter, you found it challenging, that's great, you found it easy, that's great too, it's all an opinion not a debatable 'fact'. It's more challenging than Normal mode, but even that can be argued to a degree since there are more enemies in Lunatic mode than Normal mode or so I hear anyway as I never played anything below Lunatic. (When I opened the game I went straight into Classic Lunatic Mode) As for DLC grinding it's an option to make any unit perfectly viable, but it's not anywhere necessary and IMO it doesn't necessarily make the game easier either you can get about the same number turns with less units even if you make sure they're just that much stronger, you're getting counterattack most likely kills off the counters even on end-game Lunatic. If you were so inclined you can cheese the game with Forged Nosferatu books and the Avi can go into a Sorcerer too so you don't even have to deviate from the 'best' units to do so.

'Easiest' Lunatic Mode is Chrom/Avatar only, the pair will get the majority of experience with Chrom staying in the back he'll be substantially worse however he'll do his duty well and on weak units out of range you can quickly switch for added EXP on his side to increase your overall power, the pairing will produce the best Lucina possible and quite frankly a bad Morgan, but they'll be strong enough base that both are immediately usable as your secondary unit and as siblings can get an A rank support when paired setting them next to their parent 'super' unit you net one unit using a level 9 and one using a level 8 which is entirely negligible to get the S since the only difference is 5 Hit Rate which isn't needed at all. Lucina and Chrom should both be support units getting Dual Strike +, Dual Gaurd +, and Defender where Lucina can even go for broke and get and get Dual Support + for a 9 and 12 respectively, it's still 'worse' than Chrom and your Avi since they get the Dual Strike and Dual Guard bonus of the S rank still, but 20 Hit, 20 Evade, 20 Crit, 20 Crit Avoid is nothing to scoff at.

Avi/Chrom
    Hit - 15 (20 when next to Morgan/Lucina)
    Avoid - 10 (15)
    Crit - 10 (15)
    Crit Evade - 10 (15)
    Dual Strike - 70 + ((Chrom Skill + Avi Skill)/4) (Can get above to ~93 maxxed all things capped without DLC Skills)
    Dual Guard - 20 + ((Chrom Def/Res + Avi Def/Res)/4) (Gets to ~43 maxxed all things capped without DLC Skills)

Morgan and Lucina are about the same and can get the same bonus stats being paired, but their Dual Strike and Dual Guard suffer a bit but with Lucina you can get the higher Dual Support bonuses as mentioned.

Basically I'm going to stick with Fire Emblem Awakening was easy regardless of the level, whether you found it easy or hard doesn't matter, but there are my reasons why it was 'easy' and why I won't concede that it being 'challenging' is a 'fact' when it is by the nature of things an opinion. Additionally luck with RNG in early levels of Lunatic+ isn't true difficulty and .'. doesn't come into considerations for reasons of saying something is difficult or not.

Not really part of anything, but DLC grinding as a tool to win is cheating to me and shouldn't be factored into calcs of difficulty either otherwise I'd consider Awakening on Lunatic mode even easier than the likes of Sacred Stones.
    Last edited by Dwlr; 12th February 2014 at 12:27 AM.

Eh, different people find different things difficult, it's pretty safe to say most people find lunatic mode hard.

Today is Muriel's Birthday!

I got some rubbish boosts, a Log and a Brave Lance!

EDIT: As all of you have recommended, I got the DLC with the Dread Scroll, and also the one with Limit Breaker!

Also, is Gregor a decent father for Owain? Owain will be kept as a Sword-Class, so will be Strength orientated.
    Last edited by tomatohater; 12th February 2014 at 11:23 PM.
    Too much water guys!

Also, is Gregor a decent father for Owain? Owain will be kept as a Sword-Class, so will be Strength orientated.
    Sadly, Owain is bad in the strength department because of Lissa regardless of which strength father you use. It's either Magic Owain (Fathers being Ricken,Libra, or Henry), or he sucks.

In terms of character breeding, probably the thing I completely regret not taking care of before Sumia/Cordelia's marriages were the Galeforce abilities. Still on my first run tho (taking my timeee haha). Even so, marrying Panne to my main has served as a good decision primarily in terms of the impressive power my team has been given from having three Taguels.

Okay, so I'm new to this discussion but I've been a fan of the series for a long time. Just wondering, how enthusiastic would you guys be if I started an FE club? And, if an FE club has been made before, why did it fail? ;o

Quote Originally Posted by Atari View Post

Okay, so I'm new to this discussion but I've been a fan of the series for a long time. Just wondering, how enthusiastic would you guys be if I started an FE club? And, if an FE club has been made before, why did it fail? ;o
    A club was made last March, it sort of just died late May. I myself have always found the Club section to be meh at times with activity (though of course it varies from club to club), & this thread gets decent enough FE discussion already, but don't let that discourage you from taking a stab at starting one.

Today is Muriel's Birthday!

I got some rubbish boosts, a Log and a Brave Lance!

EDIT: As all of you have recommended, I got the DLC with the Dread Scroll, and also the one with Limit Breaker!

I like Virion with Lissa. Lissa is bad for native Owain no matter how you slice it, but a Swords Master's Str and Mag are pretty close making Owain a decent choice for a Levin Sword which usually doesn't find much use anyway save the occasional Trickster. Either way Virion gives 49 max speed which is the last milestone unless you can hit 51 which no normal character pairing can. Virion doesn't help Str, but doesn't hurt Mag either which since you're getting Mag from Lissa regardless you might as well supplement yourself with a Levin Sword, 40 or 38 Str (Base for Assassin and Swords Master) has some issues hitting a maxed General or Great Knight where a 34 Mag (Sword Master) will do more. Virion will give you a 37/37 with 49 Spd which IMO is the best you can get considering the higher Str options don't give you enough Spd to matter (You want to double a Berserker so you can heal with Lifetaker you need 49 speed for that) and the only other fathers that give you +3 are Gaius and Lon'Qu. Gaius gives you 39/36, but isn't a viable option since Gaius is a father that can grant Galeforce to certain female children and Lon'Qu gives the same 37/37 and can be used to give other characters more Spd and put them above a thresh-hold for double-attacks. In terms of skills Virion is one of the few options that pass Lifetaker and Lance Breaker or if you a fan of trying for Crits with Astra you can get Focus off Virion.

With Limit-breaker stat optimizations don't matter that much, but Virion is still one of three fathers that can pass Lifetaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh View Post
    A club was made last March, it sort of just died late May. I myself have always found the Club section to be meh at times with activity (though of course it varies from club to club), & this thread gets decent enough FE discussion already, but don't let that discourage you from taking a stab at starting one.
    I also created an FE club years ago that died pretty quickly. Basically, anyone that would post in the club posts in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I also created an FE club years ago that died pretty quickly. Basically, anyone that would post in the club posts in this thread.
    In that case I probably won't bother. :c

So how about a Magic Based Owain. but who should his father be?

I have Libra, Ricken and Henry still!

Also, what abilities should they pass (Lissa will pass Galeforce obviously)

Should he become a Limit Breaker too?
    Too much water guys!

So how about a Magic Based Owain. but who should his father be?

I have Libra, Ricken and Henry still!

Also, what abilities should they pass (Lissa will pass Galeforce obviously)

Should he become a Limit Breaker too?
    Depends on the class. If you aren't getting +3 Spd on Swordsmaster it's not worth it magic or otherwise IMO.

Henry brings Vengeance without knowing the class I'd take him.

Limit Breaker is broken, if you're going for the best builds you really can't get better. Not to mention if you're facing somebody who utilizes Limit Breaker in the Spd category the base Sword Master now gets doubled by anything with 41 Spd and can't double even a General who would now be getting 60 Def and 60 Str anyway which is basically GG. Compare Limit Breaker to Ignis or Luna, Limit Breaker is usually just as strong considering the Skl% proc rate of both of them. You get an extra 2.5% Dual Strike with just 1 Limit Breaker nevermind that you increase your damage by 10 too. Basically any Limit Breaker S Rank Support Pair can be regarded as a kill unless you purposely sabotage them with sticks for weapons or something and even then with an active it'll still prolly kill. You wouldn't be too far off saying that Limit Breaker makes your base character 20 -25% better in everything.

Depends on the class. If you aren't getting +3 Spd on Swordsmaster it's not worth it magic or otherwise IMO.

Henry brings Vengeance without knowing the class I'd take him.

Limit Breaker is broken, if you're going for the best builds you really can't get better. Not to mention if you're facing somebody who utilizes Limit Breaker in the Spd category the base Sword Master now gets doubled by anything with 41 Spd and can't double even a General who would now be getting 60 Def and 60 Str anyway which is basically GG. Compare Limit Breaker to Ignis or Luna, Limit Breaker is usually just as strong considering the Skl% proc rate of both of them. You get an extra 2.5% Dual Strike with just 1 Limit Breaker nevermind that you increase your damage by 10 too. Basically any Limit Breaker S Rank Support Pair can be regarded as a kill unless you purposely sabotage them with sticks for weapons or something and even then with an active it'll still prolly kill. You wouldn't be too far off saying that Limit Breaker makes your base character 20 -25% better in everything.
    OK, so Vengeance Henry! Thanks!
    Too much water guys!

Right, I have (stupidly) decided to give Lunatic a go for the first time, and started about 20 mins ago! I have successfully completed the prologue with no casualties, and was wondering, which units are going to hinder me? I want to do a no-death run, so taking almost suicidal characters will be stupid. Anyone got some information?

EDIT: NOW ON CHAPTER 4, NO CASUALTIES
    Last edited by tomatohater; 19th February 2014 at 2:25 PM.
    Too much water guys!

Pretty well every character in Awakening is perfectly useable, and once you unlock the DLC you'll have a much easier time since you can grind.

Pretty well every character in Awakening is perfectly useable, and once you unlock the DLC you'll have a much easier time since you can grind.
    But the only DLC Levels I have bought are Lost Bloodlines 2, Rouges and Redeemers 3 and Champions of Yore 1, which aren't exactly ideal for grinding, bar possibly the latter.
    Too much water guys!

I'd recommend picking EXPonential growth, it's well-worth it.

Right, I have (stupidly) decided to give Lunatic a go for the first time, and started about 20 mins ago! I have successfully completed the prologue with no casualties, and was wondering, which units are going to hinder me? I want to do a no-death run, so taking almost suicidal characters will be stupid. Anyone got some information?

EDIT: NOW ON CHAPTER 3, NO CASUALTIES
    are u a wizard?

As far as I know, the general consensus on Lunatic is 'use Frederick until the Avatar is strong enough to curbstomp the game'. I imagine you don't want that since it'd be pretty boring, but I still advise low-manning.

The characters to avoid should be more or less the same as other modes: Virion sucks so only use him as a spare pair-up partner if someone dies. Donnel is Donnel, so no. Ricken is too slow to be of much use. Maribelle pales in comparison to Lissa if you used the latter at all in the previous 5 chapters.

In fact, apart from those you can pretty much anyone, but a lot like Vaike, Miriel, Kellam and Lon'qu will be more useful as the support unit in a pair. Just make sure you don't use too many and spread exp too thin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Right, I have (stupidly) decided to give Lunatic a go for the first time, and started about 20 mins ago! I have successfully completed the prologue with no casualties, and was wondering, which units are going to hinder me?

Pretty much everyone you get before lon'qu that isnt frederick, robin or chrom. Lissa is useful because healer, but like always you have to be careful with her. Kellem pretty much has to be supported(or better yet, be the supporter), unlike hard and normal where he just tanks stuff by existing. Once you start getting to people like gregor, they will usually be good enough to not be complete crap on the chapter you get them on. Atleast this is what I experianced. TBH I just finished a lunatic run and ill probably never do it again.

EDIT: NOW ON CHAPTER 4, NO CASUALTIES
    Most units will hinder you really if you want an easier time of Lunatic mode specialize and don't bother to take a full roster. Frederick is needed for the first few levels obviously, but when you can manage without him you want to stop using him as a lead, he's actually a good unit, but not worth the exp. The Avatar should always be paired up with somebody if you have a female avatar just marry Chrom it'll make the game much easier on you. Regardless of gender you should be paired with Chrom most of the time, his skill set makes him an excellent at it and he'll get some exp dual striking, if you can safely switch your avatar out to get a kill with Chrom take it, you don't want Chrom falling behind. You get enough pocket change to allow Lissa to heal off even minor damage take that opportunity to squeeze as much exp as possible into her, she's going to be your healer and can be a competent Sage for you. Kellam is a good support unit, but is pretty solid himself he'll always gain atleast 1 HP per level and has high Def and Res growths, if you spread your exp out right he should be able to stay with you. Don't worry about maxing out potential if you aren't a female avatar marry Chrom to Sumia or Sully for ease, both are competent enough that you can work either of them slowly into your team and they'll give Chrom some speed as a support and they're both stronger units than Olivia. 'Free' exp gains are your friend units like Olivia can gain levels without taking exp which is another reason not to pair her with Chrom from anybody use that to your advantage. I'd stick to a small sampling of: (not in any order)
    1. Chrom x Avatar (F) or Chrom x Sumia/Sully *If male*
    2. Lissa x Frederick
    3. Kellam x Nowi
    4. Lucina x Avatar (M) or Lucina x Owain *If female*
    5. Nah x Morgan (M)*if female* or Nah x Morgan (F) *If male*
    6. Olivia x Lon'Qu

Usable sure, but not practical. Grinding is the cheap way to do it.

But the only DLC Levels I have bought are Lost Bloodlines 2, Rouges and Redeemers 3 and Champions of Yore 1, which aren't exactly ideal for grinding, bar possibly the latter.
    If you insist on grinding Champions of Yore should be perfectly winnable after stage 6 or 7 if you've stacked exp on your avatar and didn't get junk for levels. You'll get money in the way of selling things if they aren't useful to you so you can afford some better weapons before heading there for your Avatar.

I'd recommend picking EXPonential growth, it's well-worth it.
    Golden Gaffe > EXPonential growth if you're just getting one. The money will be worth more than dedicated exp gain since you get EXP from the Gaffe too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    are u a wizard?

As far as I know, the general consensus on Lunatic is 'use Frederick until the Avatar is strong enough to curbstomp the game'. I imagine you don't want that since it'd be pretty boring, but I still advise low-manning.

The characters to avoid should be more or less the same as other modes: Virion sucks so only use him as a spare pair-up partner if someone dies. Donnel is Donnel, so no. Ricken is too slow to be of much use. Maribelle pales in comparison to Lissa if you used the latter at all in the previous 5 chapters.

In fact, apart from those you can pretty much anyone, but a lot like Vaike, Miriel, Kellam and Lon'qu will be more useful as the support unit in a pair. Just make sure you don't use too many and spread exp too thin.
    It's actually not that bad.

Avatar (F) x Chrom or Avatar (M) x Lucina can beat the whole game by themselves.

Virion, Vaike, Miriel, Ricken, Stahl, are hard to make arguments for on Lunatic if you aren't going to grind. Maribelle is easy enough to catch Lissa, is 'better' herself and Brady is 'better'.

Miriel is pretty pointless unless you're running a magic Avatar and for Lunatic HP/Def/Spd are going to tend to be the 'easiest' assets to play with if you're just doing a run through the game.

Quote Originally Posted by dragoniteKnight View Post
    Pretty much everyone you get before lon'qu that isnt frederick, robin or chrom. Lissa is useful because healer, but like always you have to be careful with her. Kellem pretty much has to be supported(or better yet, be the supporter), unlike hard and normal where he just tanks stuff by existing. Once you start getting to people like gregor, they will usually be good enough to not be complete crap on the chapter you get them on. Atleast this is what I experianced. TBH I just finished a lunatic run and ill probably never do it again.
    Kellam is solid as a lead if you use him when you get him with solid growth rates for survival he can be used to draw out enemies, pair him with Chrom so he doesn't get doubled early on. Sully and Sumia can both be worked in to be the wife to Chrom to make Lunatic easier and if you're playing Lunatic Classic it's a hassle to worry about what's 'best' in the end so convenience wins out IMO. If you want to worry about Street Pass you're pretty much going to want to play Casual so you don't have to stress about losing a unit grinding for skills and max stats. Lon'Qu is really carried by his Killing Edge, he's overrated, steal his sword and wait for Gregor. IMO

Page 193 of 224 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203 ... LastLast