Page 194 of 222 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198204 ... LastLast
Results 4,826 to 4,850 of 5530

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

I just finished the main story and omg, this game was epic. Totally worth the play.
    I really liked it. I won't talk about it too much because I don't want to spoil anything, but yeah. Really liked the end of the game. What do you guys thought about it ?
    Water 水 - Earth 土 - Fire 火 - Air 气 - Spirits 神靈 - Change 易 - Balance 平衡
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

Pretty much universally agreed to be one of the best Fire Emblem games. Not sure I'd call the story anything fantastic, however. Having said that, though, Fire Emblem isn't exactly known for its story.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Pretty much universally agreed to be one of the best Fire Emblem games. Not sure I'd call the story anything fantastic, however. Having said that, though, Fire Emblem isn't exactly known for its story.
    The story is pretty decent, at least. Awakening wasn't anything particularly outstanding in terms of story, but it had its great moments, admittedly like pretty much every other game. That Valm arc, though...
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Yeah, the whole second half was pretty meh. The first 10 chapters or so is definitely much better.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Psynergy View Post
    The story is pretty decent, at least. Awakening wasn't anything particularly outstanding in terms of story, but it had its great moments, admittedly like pretty much every other game. That Valm arc, though...
    Yeaah.... The Gangrel Arc was good. By the time we fought him, I was like "All right you bastard, I am going to F*CKING EAT YOUR LIMBS!!!" The Valm Arc was meh. Admittedly I got pissed when "a certain oaf" got "killed" (not going to spoil too much), and it was SO satisfying to wipe that grin off of Excellus' face, but the Gangrel Arc and the Validar Arc were the better plot points.

(I'm sorry Mr. Moderator for the profanity used in the above post.)

That certain oaf's entrance was pretty cool.

And don't worry, I'm the last person to care about swearing.

I've always thought the Valm Arc was meant to be a red herring, to give the whole Grimleal thing time to become a more urgent concern.

...Although it could've been handled better, yeah.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwlr View Post
    Most units will hinder you really if you want an easier time of Lunatic mode specialize and don't bother to take a full roster. Frederick is needed for the first few levels obviously, but when you can manage without him you want to stop using him as a lead, he's actually a good unit, but not worth the exp. The Avatar should always be paired up with somebody if you have a female avatar just marry Chrom it'll make the game much easier on you. Regardless of gender you should be paired with Chrom most of the time, his skill set makes him an excellent at it and he'll get some exp dual striking, if you can safely switch your avatar out to get a kill with Chrom take it, you don't want Chrom falling behind. You get enough pocket change to allow Lissa to heal off even minor damage take that opportunity to squeeze as much exp as possible into her, she's going to be your healer and can be a competent Sage for you. Kellam is a good support unit, but is pretty solid himself he'll always gain atleast 1 HP per level and has high Def and Res growths, if you spread your exp out right he should be able to stay with you. Don't worry about maxing out potential if you aren't a female avatar marry Chrom to Sumia or Sully for ease, both are competent enough that you can work either of them slowly into your team and they'll give Chrom some speed as a support and they're both stronger units than Olivia. 'Free' exp gains are your friend units like Olivia can gain levels without taking exp which is another reason not to pair her with Chrom from anybody use that to your advantage. I'd stick to a small sampling of: (not in any order)
    1. Chrom x Avatar (F) or Chrom x Sumia/Sully *If male*
    2. Lissa x Frederick
    3. Kellam x Nowi
    4. Lucina x Avatar (M) or Lucina x Owain *If female*
    5. Nah x Morgan (M)*if female* or Nah x Morgan (F) *If male*
    6. Olivia x Lon'Qu

Usable sure, but not practical. Grinding is the cheap way to do it.

If you insist on grinding Champions of Yore should be perfectly winnable after stage 6 or 7 if you've stacked exp on your avatar and didn't get junk for levels. You'll get money in the way of selling things if they aren't useful to you so you can afford some better weapons before heading there for your Avatar.

Golden Gaffe > EXPonential growth if you're just getting one. The money will be worth more than dedicated exp gain since you get EXP from the Gaffe too.

It's actually not that bad.

Avatar (F) x Chrom or Avatar (M) x Lucina can beat the whole game by themselves.

Virion, Vaike, Miriel, Ricken, Stahl, are hard to make arguments for on Lunatic if you aren't going to grind. Maribelle is easy enough to catch Lissa, is 'better' herself and Brady is 'better'.

Miriel is pretty pointless unless you're running a magic Avatar and for Lunatic HP/Def/Spd are going to tend to be the 'easiest' assets to play with if you're just doing a run through the game.

Kellam is solid as a lead if you use him when you get him with solid growth rates for survival he can be used to draw out enemies, pair him with Chrom so he doesn't get doubled early on. Sully and Sumia can both be worked in to be the wife to Chrom to make Lunatic easier and if you're playing Lunatic Classic it's a hassle to worry about what's 'best' in the end so convenience wins out IMO. If you want to worry about Street Pass you're pretty much going to want to play Casual so you don't have to stress about losing a unit grinding for skills and max stats. Lon'Qu is really carried by his Killing Edge, he's overrated, steal his sword and wait for Gregor. IMO
    Thanks a bunch, I was going to do those exact pairings too! I am thinking of making MU (Female btw) a General for a bit, as I picked a Speed asset (And Luck Flaw).
    Thanks to Astral Shadow from The Under for the Bravely Default Banner!

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    I've always thought the Valm Arc was meant to be a red herring, to give the whole Grimleal thing time to become a more urgent concern.

...Although it could've been handled better, yeah.
    I've always thought the Valm Arc was meant to be a red herring,

red herring
    Oh, if only...

There were certain parts of the Valm arc that could've made it better, notably the parallels between Chrom and Walhart and that one Valkyrie (Pheros?). iirc she was in the Ylissean Guard but left because she preferred Walhart's ideals over Emmeryn's.

Also it would've been nice to actually go to Chon'sin or Rosanne.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

So I made my first visit home in over a month, and while there, I picked up Awakening because I wanted to play it again. Hard to believe that it's been out in the US for a whole year already.

Started another playthrough on Lunatic because I'm a lunatic, but I've not done any playing beyond Chapter 1 yet because life. Kinda tempted to make every character I want to use as an Archer (Chrom included), but I'm not sure if I want to throw myself into that mess. Maybe that's something to try on a Hard playthrough.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Probably better to try that on Hard.

i bought the fire emblem awakening 3DS games a couple of months ago and i have completed it a few times an i absolutely love it!! i would love to play more of the series cause its the only one i've played so far but unfortunately i have been spoiled with the amazing graphics so i was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for good games in the fire emblem series that i could play, that would be great :3 thanks

Picture by TalonFlame who is also the bestest big sister in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by TinyTorchic View Post
    i bought the fire emblem awakening 3DS games a couple of months ago and i have completed it a few times an i absolutely love it!! i would love to play more of the series cause its the only one i've played so far but unfortunately i have been spoiled with the amazing graphics so i was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for good games in the fire emblem series that i could play, that would be great :3 thanks
    They're all really great, though aside from Radiant Dawn (Wii) and Shadow Dragon (DS), they're not as easy to find these days.

You're not missing out on too much in Shadow Dragon, and if you really enjoy having characters with any personality, Shadow Dragon isn't what you're looking for. And Radiant Dawn is a sequel to Path of Radiance (GC), so you might not want to start with Radiant Dawn if you're interested in the story. I would say to try Path of Radiance, but again, that's a tough one to find.

Sacred Stones would be the most similar to Awakening in that it's one of very few Fire Emblem games with a map (the only other game with a map is a Japanese-only game), so you probably would be the most interested in that. But since that one is on the GBA, it also might be difficult to find for a reasonable price. Your only other option would be Fire Emblem Blazing Sword on the GBA, known as just "Fire Emblem" outside of Japan, and that one is also a solid game.

Basically, if you can find any of them, try them out, you'll likely enjoy them. Though judging from the fact that you've only played Awakening, Sacred Stones would probably interest you the most.

A lot of FE games haven't been released in the West and are only playable via emulator; if you don't want to be a criminal, your options are limited to

- FE7 (which is just called "Fire Emblem," or sometimes referred to as "Blazing Sword") for the GBA, starring Eliwood, Lyn, and Hector
    - FE8 (Sacred Stones) for the GBA, though it was made available on the 3DS via the Ambassador program, starring Eirika and Ephraim
    - FE9 (Path of Radiance) for the GameCube, starring Ike
    - FE10 (Radiant Dawn) for the Wii, which is a sequel to FE9,
    - FE11 (Shadow Dragon) for the NDS, which is a remake of the original FE game for the Famicom, starring Marth

Some games are cheaper and more available than others, depending on where you're buying from; nonetheless, FE9 and FE10 aren't likely to be cheap no matter where you buy them from.

If you've got a GBA or original DS, you could try to get your hands on one FE7 or FE8; if all you've got is a 3DS, you'd have to go with Shadow Dragon for mobile FE.
    Last edited by Excitable Boy; 25th February 2014 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Yeah, Shadow Dragon you could definitely skip out on. Any of the others released in the West are good though, but as Psynergy mentioned they'll be tough to find. Your best bet would be buying online. Personally I'd say Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn would be the ones to try first. They're my personal next best after Awakening.

Thanks so much for your help! this is super useful so thank u again :3 I really enjoy the game so it's great to find something similar that I enjoy

Picture by TalonFlame who is also the bestest big sister in the world.

It's Tiki birthday today, Happy 3000th something birthday Tiki...

Today's Tiki's millennial birthday!

She got a Miniature Lance.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

Playing through FE 10 (Radiant Dawn) again. I end up being pulled back to it everytime it's just that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Theo-92 View Post
    Playing through FE 10 (Radiant Dawn) again. I end up being pulled back to it everytime it's just that good.
    I've wanted to play that for a while now, but I can never find a copy of it :/
    Last edited by Exeggudork; 8th March 2014 at 1:51 AM.
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by Exeggudork View Post
    I've wanted to play that for a while now, but I ca never find a copy of it :/
    Aw, really? That was the easiest one for me to find when I first started looking for Fire Emblem games in stores. My local Gamestop had several copies when I bought mine, but that was about 2 years ago.

It's a fun game, despite the shortcomings it has, notably the somewhat confusing fashion in which they handled the story. The huge disparity between the teams you controlled also got annoying. That aside, it was fun having such a colossal amount of good characters, even if a few of them were hopelessly bad. Normal Mode (aka Hard Mode in Japan) is also fun if you like a challenge. That, and the graphics and animations are awesome.

I always preferred Path of Radiance, though. I love the art style, and Ike was cooler back then.

I prefer Radiant Dawn Ike to PoR Ike. Also more Laguz.

At this point your best bet for getting either PoR or RD is eBay, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I prefer Radiant Dawn Ike to PoR Ike. Also more Laguz.

At this point your best bet for getting either PoR or RD is eBay, really.
    Yeah, I haven't really actually played much of Radiant Dawn (I've watched a friend play through a good chunk of it, though), but I do find the Laguz to be pretty cool. ...And apparently there are Dragon Laguz. Strange, since I though only Manakete could morph into dragons.
    Y FC: 2208-5773-1491
    Safari: Flying with Woobat, Farfetch'd and Hawlucha

I now have the Friend Safaris I've been looking for, so PM me if you want me to add you. If your Safari peaks my interest, I'll add you.

Current Y Shinies: Skrelp, Cacturne, Teddiursa, Avalugg, Blastoise, Mienfoo, Grumpig, Fraxure (x2) , Minccino, Greninja, Lucario, Fletchinder, Vaporeon, Delphox, Dragonair, Dedenne, Luxio

Shinies transferred from Black 2: Entei, Milotic, Dialga, Raikou, Pichu, Seaking, Typhlosion (French), Magmortar, Espeon, Haxorus, Gible, Salamence, Giratina

Shinies from trades: Ninetails (Nicknamed Lady), Eevee (now a Leafeon), Eevee (from Unova, Lv. 15, caught in Masterball, not sure if hacked or not)

Manaketes don't exist in PoR/RD's world. The Dragon Laguz are basically the same thing, though.

I love the Fire Emblem series! Played through all the English releases, and Awakening is my favorite although PoR and RD are ever dear to my heart; they were the first ones I've played.

Page 194 of 222 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198204 ... LastLast