Page 195 of 222 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205 ... LastLast
Results 4,851 to 4,875 of 5530

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAzureTrainer View Post
    I love the Fire Emblem series! Played through all the English releases, and Awakening is my favorite although PoR and RD are ever dear to my heart; they were the first ones I've played.
    Heh, first FE game I ever played was Sacred Stones. Awakening is actually only my 2nd Fire Emblem game. And when it comes to which game's villains I hate more, I'd have to say I despise some of the villains from Sacred Stones more than the ones from Awakening. Valter and Caellach can go die in a hole (ESPECIALLY Valter!).
    Y FC: 2208-5773-1491
    Safari: Flying with Woobat, Farfetch'd and Hawlucha

I now have the Friend Safaris I've been looking for, so PM me if you want me to add you. If your Safari peaks my interest, I'll add you.

Current Y Shinies: Skrelp, Cacturne, Teddiursa, Avalugg, Blastoise, Mienfoo, Grumpig, Fraxure (x2) , Minccino, Greninja, Lucario, Fletchinder, Vaporeon, Delphox, Dragonair, Dedenne, Luxio

Shinies transferred from Black 2: Entei, Milotic, Dialga, Raikou, Pichu, Seaking, Typhlosion (French), Magmortar, Espeon, Haxorus, Gible, Salamence, Giratina

Shinies from trades: Ninetails (Nicknamed Lady), Eevee (now a Leafeon), Eevee (from Unova, Lv. 15, caught in Masterball, not sure if hacked or not)

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Manaketes don't exist in PoR/RD's world. The Dragon Laguz are basically the same thing, though.
    They don't exist on the game, Panne alludes to the Laguz in Awakening so in terms of the "world" as a whole it's kind of a grey area. It's implied that Tellius exists in the same world and thus Manaketes and Taguel would exist in the same 'world' as Laguz.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwlr View Post
    They don't exist on the game, Panne alludes to the Laguz in Awakening so in terms of the "world" as a whole it's kind of a grey area. It's implied that Tellius exists in the same world and thus Manaketes and Taguel would exist in the same 'world' as Laguz.
    Aren't all the fire emblems implied to be in the same world through Chrom recognizing them in the outworld even though it's just DLC?

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusKincaid View Post
    Aren't all the fire emblems implied to be in the same world through Chrom recognizing them in the outworld even though it's just DLC?
    If you really want to look too far into it the Outerworld Gate is a portal to other dimensions, or possibly across space-time. Which doesn't really help determine what's connected and what's not.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

If you really want to look too far into it the Outerworld Gate is a portal to other dimensions, or possibly across space-time. Which doesn't really help determine what's connected and what's not.
    Sure, but Chrom recognizes them so even if they are other dimensions doesn't that still mean that in Chrom's world they were historical figures still even if the Outworld is another dimension I don't see how that matters much.

Sure, but Chrom recognizes them so even if they are other dimensions doesn't that still mean that in Chrom's world they were historical figures still even if the Outworld is another dimension I don't see how that matters much.
    I don't think he recognizes all of them. Marth is the only one I can think of off the top of my head. Most are just introduced to him.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I don't think he recognizes all of them. Marth is the only one I can think of off the top of my head. Most are just introduced to him.
    Whenever you enter a new outrealm gate and get the card he makes a comment about the character, he doesn't really recognize the Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn characters, but I recently remember him saying Leif was a real treasure, and mentioning a lot of the characters like Alm an how the person they were fighting with was painted as the bad guy by history when he didn't seem so bad to him.

If I recall correctly Chrom mentions something about "Magevelian Lore" in the Smash Brethren DLC. Wouldn't that imply that Magvel is in the same world/universe?
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by Exeggudork View Post
    If I recall correctly Chrom mentions something about "Magevelian Lore" in the Smash Brethren DLC. Wouldn't that imply that Magvel is in the same world/universe?
    Mageveian is Sacred stones isn't it? Hubba mentions them in lost bloodlines not Chrom I think, but I'm not sure.

I think we could safely chalk it all up to flavour text.

Ugh... Why is resistance the worst stat to get points in?

I think we could safely chalk it all up to flavour text.
    I don't know I still think that they're all in the same world just spread across different continents that may not have a lot of contact with each other like the old times when North America was new and stuff. Reading over Panne's support she does mention the Laguz a number of times being in a distant land. The fire emblem wiki says they're atleast implied that the Akaneia and Jugdrali series of games are in the same world as the Tellius games.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Chaos View Post
    Ugh... Why is resistance the worst stat to get points in?
    To give the mages an advantage for having poor defenses, and to help the weaker classes serve a purpose like the Falcon Knight for more than just their mobility.

I don't know I still think that they're all in the same world just spread across different continents that may not have a lot of contact with each other like the old times when North America was new and stuff. Reading over Panne's support she does mention the Laguz a number of times being in a distant land. The fire emblem wiki says they're atleast implied that the Akaneia and Jugdrali series of games are in the same world as the Tellius games.

To give the mages an advantage for having poor defenses, and to help the weaker classes serve a purpose like the Falcon Knight for more than just their mobility.

Same here. Until it is confirmed otherwise, I'm just assuming all of them are in the same world just for simplicity's sake. Though I definitely wouldn't be surprised if it turned out they weren't.

Same with Dragon Trible/Manakete and Laguz/Taguel. Despite there being a few valid arguments on both sides, I'm just assuming that they are the same somehow.

Knowing my luck, none of these things will ever be confirmed and I will be left not REALLY knowing. There should be a Hyrule Historia for Fire Emblem. That would be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawley007 View Post
    Same with Dragon Trible/Manakete and Laguz/Taguel. Despite there being a few valid arguments on both sides, I'm just assuming that they are the same somehow.
    Read Panne's support logs, Manaketes are not the same as the Dragon Tribe and the Laguz are not the same as Taguel. In the logs she refers to the Laguz as a whole as relatives of the Taguel and makes no reference of any relation to the Manaketes.

I'm on the side that all the worlds are connected, but you can obvious direct connections across certain games to put some of the connectivity theories to bed:
    Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light, Fire Emblem Gaiden, Fire Emblem Mystery of the Emblem, Fire Emblem Akaneia Saga, Fire Emblem Binding Blade, Fire Emblem Blazing Sword, Fire Emblem Path of Radiance, Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon (remake), Fire Emblem New Mystery of the Emblem, Heroes of Light and Shadow (remake), and finally Fire Emblem Awakening ARE related.

Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War, Fire Emblem Thracia 776, and Fire Emblem The Sacred Stones which all could go a different way than the main set of games, Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War is related to Fire Emblem Thracia 776.

Fire Emblem The Sacred Stones is the outlier of the series in the sense that may or may not be related to any of the other games in the series however Sacred Stones is mentioned by Owain in Fire Emblem Awakening through supports so I'd be inclined to include that with the first set of games.

I'm not going to factor in the Outrealms from Awakening as any indication, but Marcus is correct in saying that Chrom recognizes just about every lord and he has fairly extended conversations with the Avatar in regards to the Genealogy of the Holy War and Thracia 776 characters like Lief using his example.

Additionally Magvel is referring to Sacred Stones and is mentioned extensively in Champions of Yore 1 when they are talking to Eirika trying to convince her that they are not her enemies in which Hubba screws it up.
    Last edited by Dwlr; 10th March 2014 at 12:08 AM.

Has anyone else noticed that all of these games have a "Fire Emblem" in them, and how they all have similar gameplay?

That might be intentionally hinting at a broader connection between them.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that all of these games have a "Fire Emblem" in them, and how they all have similar gameplay?

That might be intentionally hinting at a broader connection between them.
    I think that's just because that's the purpose of the game. Fire Emblem, and all. It alone shouldn't be indicative of any connections. Just look at Zelda.

I think that's just because that's the purpose of the game. Fire Emblem, and all. It alone shouldn't be indicative of any connections. Just look at Zelda.
    Still, don't you think it's a bit odd how these games share a lot of the same story elements and kinds of settings with each other?

I mean, I know that they're all mostly conceived as standalone games, but wouldn't it make more sense if these tenuous connections were obvious implications of inter-relatedness as opposed to simple references? After all, they made it work for those Godfather movies, so why not this?

i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

They share elements with each other so they feel similar as that's just how they want the game to feel, it's a design choice for the company not any indication of any connections to each other. If they released a new game that played the same way and it was called something completely different and was a completely different setting like on the moon or something, they'd lose certain connections they already made with their fans due to associations with the series in the past. When I hear Fire Emblem I know what I'm getting, I know I'm getting a Turn Based Strategy game set in some olden times of magic and swordplay it doesn't matter what the story is exactly you'll expect them to feel like a Fire Emblem game and that sticks to a name. If they took the Genealogy games and left off the Fire Emblem even if they played like the Fire Emblem games you wouldn't know that at first glance.
    Last edited by Dwlr; 10th March 2014 at 12:50 AM.

Read Panne's support logs, Manaketes are not the same as the Dragon Tribe and the Laguz are not the same as Taguel. In the logs she refers to the Laguz as a whole as relatives of the Taguel and makes no reference of any relation to the Manaketes.

I'm on the side that all the worlds are connected, but you can obvious direct connections across certain games to put some of the connectivity theories to bed:
    Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light, Fire Emblem Gaiden, Fire Emblem Mystery of the Emblem, Fire Emblem Akaneia Saga, Fire Emblem Binding Blade, Fire Emblem Blazing Sword, Fire Emblem Path of Radiance, Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon (remake), Fire Emblem New Mystery of the Emblem, Heroes of Light and Shadow (remake), and finally Fire Emblem Awakening ARE related.

Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War, Fire Emblem Thracia 776, and Fire Emblem The Sacred Stones which all could go a different way than the main set of games, Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War is related to Fire Emblem Thracia 776.

Fire Emblem The Sacred Stones is the outlier of the series in the sense that may or may not be related to any of the other games in the series however Sacred Stones is mentioned by Owain in Fire Emblem Awakening through supports so I'd be inclined to include that with the first set of games.

I'm not going to factor in the Outrealms from Awakening as any indication, but Marcus is correct in saying that Chrom recognizes just about every lord and he has fairly extended conversations with the Avatar in regards to the Genealogy of the Holy War and Thracia 776 characters like Lief using his example.

Additionally Magvel is referring to Sacred Stones and is mentioned extensively in Champions of Yore 1 when they are talking to Eirika trying to convince her that they are not her enemies in which Hubba screws it up.
    I have read Panne's supports. Absolutely nothing I have seen at least points to what you are saying. Only thing I see even slightly relevant is between her and the avatar and her saying there are Taguel that can transform into cats and birds in far off lands. SO unless there is another conversation you are referring to.

And if it so happens you are right and there is a conversation that removes ALL DOUBT that they are the same thing, someone at Intelligent Systems needs to be fired, because that is just retarded.
    They at least should have been somehow related/descended.
    Last edited by Crawley007; 10th March 2014 at 1:04 AM.

Soooooooo, on an attempt to switch the subject, am I the only one who finds it at all disturbing that people used to hunt Taguel for their meat? I mean, Taguel are, at least appearance-wise, basically humans who can shape-shift into a beast form. That would make hunting them for their meat pseudo-cannibalism. O_O

I now have the Friend Safaris I've been looking for, so PM me if you want me to add you. If your Safari peaks my interest, I'll add you.

Current Y Shinies: Skrelp, Cacturne, Teddiursa, Avalugg, Blastoise, Mienfoo, Grumpig, Fraxure (x2) , Minccino, Greninja, Lucario, Fletchinder, Vaporeon, Delphox, Dragonair, Dedenne, Luxio

Shinies transferred from Black 2: Entei, Milotic, Dialga, Raikou, Pichu, Seaking, Typhlosion (French), Magmortar, Espeon, Haxorus, Gible, Salamence, Giratina

Shinies from trades: Ninetails (Nicknamed Lady), Eevee (now a Leafeon), Eevee (from Unova, Lv. 15, caught in Masterball, not sure if hacked or not)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreaterLucario View Post
    Soooooooo, on an attempt to switch the subject, am I the only one who finds it at all disturbing that people used to hunt Taguel for their meat? I mean, Taguel are, at least appearance-wise, basically humans who can shape-shift into a beast form. That would make hunting them for their meat pseudo-cannibalism. O_O
    Not that far from how they treated Laguz in Tellius. Didn't eat them but actively hunted and murdered them for well, absolutely no reason really. If they tasted good they probably would have.

I have read Panne's supports. Absolutely nothing I have seen at least points to what you are saying. Only thing I see even slightly relevant is between her and the avatar and her saying there are Taguel that can transform into cats and birds in far off lands. SO unless there is another conversation you are referring to.

And if it so happens you are right and there is a conversation that removes ALL DOUBT that they are the same thing, someone at Intelligent Systems needs to be fired, because that is just retarded.
    They at least should have been somehow related/descended.
    Ricken's conversation makes note that the Wolf wearers, cat wearers etc aren't Taguel, but related. There are also special conversations between Soothe and Panne when encountered that say they aren't the exact same thing.

The Taguel and Laguz are related and the Manaketes prolly are prolly related too I was just saying they made no reference in the game that they were related so you just have to assume they are from the whole back-stories.
    ----
    Not support by anything but Taguel and Manaketes both seem like lesser Laguz through blood dilution or something. The Laguz could transform without the aid of a special stone whilst the Manaketes and Laguz need one though in PoR and Radiant Dawn the Laguz Stone functions basically like the Dragonstone and Beast Stone filling up the trans meter to effectively transform them.

Ricken's conversation makes note that the Wolf wearers, cat wearers etc aren't Taguel, but related. There are also special conversations between Soothe and Panne when encountered that say they aren't the exact same thing.

The Taguel and Laguz are related and the Manaketes prolly are prolly related too I was just saying they made no reference in the game that they were related so you just have to assume they are from the whole back-stories.
    ----
    Not support by anything but Taguel and Manaketes both seem like lesser Laguz through blood dilution or something. The Laguz could transform without the aid of a special stone whilst the Manaketes and Laguz need one though in PoR and Radiant Dawn the Laguz Stone functions basically like the Dragonstone and Beast Stone filling up the trans meter to effectively transform them.
    Ah well yes if they aren't the exact same thing then I can at least believe they are related. And your last point there is actually a theory of mine. Those Laguz Stones from Tellius do really seem similar to the stones they need in Awakening. They could have somehow become dependent on them.

I am less likely to believe Dragon Tribe and Manakete are the same though because Manaketes have quite an extensive backstory from before Shadow Dragon and more is known about them.

Y'know, the whole "Hubba's Relationship Tester" thing can create some pretty terrifying results. I mean, once for me he basically shipped Tiki and the Black Knight. ....Oh God, if that happened, imagine what their kid would be like? Manakete with BK's insane Def/Res stats? I'll board the NOPE train on that.

I am less likely to believe Dragon Tribe and Manakete are the same though because Manaketes have quite an extensive backstory from before Shadow Dragon and more is known about them.
    The Dragon Tribe have a relation to the gods in Tellius too similar to that the Manakete have with Naga. Nasir could punture the Black Knight's armor like Ragnell could so he at the very least is blessed by Ashera. The ancient backstory is left pretty open for the Laguz honestly other than the whole Human/Laguz separation.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreaterLucario View Post
    Y'know, the whole "Hubba's Relationship Tester" thing can create some pretty terrifying results. I mean, once for me he basically shipped Tiki and the Black Knight. ....Oh God, if that happened, imagine what their kid would be like? Manakete with BK's insane Def/Res stats? I'll board the NOPE train on that.
    Chrom x Lissa, was something like head over heals for and only has eyes for, with Hubba saying "Don't worry it's wholesome", kinda amused me, but if you want an invincible Manakete you can already get a Manakete with over 80 Defense and 60 Res add in Sol, Lifetaker, Renewal and Galeforce you pretty much have to work to die, enjoy.
    Last edited by Dwlr; 10th March 2014 at 4:03 AM.

Page 195 of 222 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205 ... LastLast