Page 197 of 219 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207 ... LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,925 of 5459

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    Actually in RD Volug's pretty useful if only to get the Dawn Brigade through most of the chapters, the Hawks are good in general (though Tibarn outclasses them) and of course you can't be without the Herons for a second turn. Ranulf's decent, but that gauge is a pain.
    Using Volug at all means giving the Brigade a HUGE disadvantage in future chapters, especially 3-13. He doubles everything in the early chapters, and then he loses usefulness quickly once you're back in his command.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Metroid Prime Trilogy - Metroid Prime 3: Corruption / Mega Man Battle Network

Ooookaaay, in an attempt to change the subject off of this crazy debate on whether the Laguz are good/bad, in Fire Emblem (any of them), whose support convos do you find to be funny/amusing?
    Y FC: 2208-5773-1491
    Safari: Flying with Woobat, Farfetch'd and Hawlucha

I now have the Friend Safaris I've been looking for, so PM me if you want me to add you. If your Safari peaks my interest, I'll add you.

Current Y Shinies: Skrelp, Cacturne, Teddiursa, Avalugg, Blastoise, Mienfoo, Grumpig, Fraxure (x2) , Minccino, Greninja, Lucario, Fletchinder, Vaporeon, Delphox, Dragonair, Dedenne, Luxio

Shinies transferred from Black 2: Entei, Milotic, Dialga, Raikou, Pichu, Seaking, Typhlosion (French), Magmortar, Espeon, Haxorus, Gible, Salamence, Giratina

Shinies from trades: Ninetails (Nicknamed Lady), Eevee (now a Leafeon), Eevee (from Unova, Lv. 15, caught in Masterball, not sure if hacked or not)

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Using Volug at all means giving the Brigade a HUGE disadvantage in future chapters, especially 3-13. He doubles everything in the early chapters, and then he loses usefulness quickly once you're back in his command.
    You've overplaying his negatives as the point of the character is to serve as a clutch in the same sense of Frederick. He's there to get the team through their chapters as they do need help staying alive while they get up to par, and it's not hard to balance his use while still getting Micaiah, Jill, Nolan, Edward and/or Aran up to that level. He's also useful in helping to plug up holes in 3-6 and 3-13 as his high speed means he not getting doubled anytime soon and with a good support buddy he's pretty reliable in staying alive.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreaterLucario View Post
    Ooookaaay, in an attempt to change the subject off of this crazy debate on whether the Laguz are good/bad, in Fire Emblem (any of them), whose support convos do you find to be funny/amusing?
    I liked the Cherche and Olivia convo in that one DLC.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 17th March 2014 at 4:18 AM.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    I liked the Cherche and Olivia convo in that one DLC.
    If you're referring to Harvest Scramble, that entire DLC map is pure gold with the conversations. Nowi and Tharja's "boingy bits" conversation, in addition to Severa and Kjelle's "truth serum" conversation both stand out to me as flippin' hilarious.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

I love the conversations between the royal siblings in Awakening. Their reactions are friggin' hilarious in the first support!

I'll also mention Chrom and Frederick's support. The stuff that happens in there is ridiculous xD

Owain and Inigo have the best support conversations, I think. Actually, anything that involves Owain or Henry is pretty fantastic. Though I'm probably heavily biased since they're my two favorite characters in all of Awakening.
    Nintendo Network Suggestions //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo // RU RMT

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    If you're referring to Harvest Scramble, that entire DLC map is pure gold with the conversations. Nowi and Tharja's "boingy bits" conversation, in addition to Severa and Kjelle's "truth serum" conversation both stand out to me as flippin' hilarious.
    Yep, that's the one! It's probably one of my favorite sets of DLC just for the dialogue alone.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

I also enjoyed most of Owain's support conversations, never cease to amuse.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Went over to my house yesterday and we beat all the Double Duel maps. Previously, we were having trouble with the last one. Since then, our units have gotten stronger. Most of mine were already pretty powerful, but I got them to maxed stats and attached a Limit Breaker. So far, only my main unit and Cordelia have maxed stats with Limit Breaker.
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:
    Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreaterLucario View Post

I think the Miriel/Lon'qu supports are quite amusing :p
    Last edited by Exeggudork; 18th March 2014 at 1:01 AM.
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

I kinda like Gregor's supports, but it's prolly more Gregor than anything. I do find the Fem Avi and Gregor's support amusing. Fem Avi and Chrom is kind of funny in a predictable kind of way.

Nothing will ever beat Bartre and Canas's supports.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwlr View Post
    I kinda like Gregor's supports, but it's prolly more Gregor than anything. I do find the Fem Avi and Gregor's support amusing. Fem Avi and Chrom is kind of funny in a predictable kind of way.
    I never tried those out before. I actually find Lucina and Morgan (M), when they are siblings, supports to be quite amusing. XD
    Claimed Braviary and Masamune Date
    "Dragons are loyal, and they will always see their mission through."
    "In the wake of my demise, may you still continue." Source of gifs

TBH, pretty much any of the supports involving Yarne are almost guaranteed to be funny. Even his confession is funny- "I love you! Let's repopulate my species! .....Uh, sorry, was....that awkward?"
    Y FC: 2208-5773-1491
    Safari: Flying with Woobat, Farfetch'd and Hawlucha

I now have the Friend Safaris I've been looking for, so PM me if you want me to add you. If your Safari peaks my interest, I'll add you.

Current Y Shinies: Skrelp, Cacturne, Teddiursa, Avalugg, Blastoise, Mienfoo, Grumpig, Fraxure (x2) , Minccino, Greninja, Lucario, Fletchinder, Vaporeon, Delphox, Dragonair, Dedenne, Luxio

Shinies transferred from Black 2: Entei, Milotic, Dialga, Raikou, Pichu, Seaking, Typhlosion (French), Magmortar, Espeon, Haxorus, Gible, Salamence, Giratina

Shinies from trades: Ninetails (Nicknamed Lady), Eevee (now a Leafeon), Eevee (from Unova, Lv. 15, caught in Masterball, not sure if hacked or not)

Ahahaha, yeah, I love Yarne's supports, especially with F!Morgan. From the very start, it's so hilarious. XD

Morgan: "Bunny! : D"

Yarne: "Stop calling me that! >w<"

How about comedic supports from the other games?

Quote Originally Posted by TheAzureTrainer View Post
    Ahahaha, yeah, I love Yarne's supports, especially with F!Morgan. From the very start, it's so hilarious. XD

Morgan: "Bunny! : D"

Yarne: "Stop calling me that! >w<"

How about comedic supports from the other games?
    Oh man, I LOVE the support with F!Avatar and Chrom. Apparently seeing each other naked = TRUE LOVE DUURRRR!

I so need to play Awakening again, can't remeber half of the characters or story.

Tibarn and Nailiah's talk in 3-F, oh my.

so i'm getting awakening tomorrow...maybe tonight,any advice?i only know a few(read:next to nothing)things about the game...i'm probably going to redefine "epic fail" when i play it
    do the shuckle sweep
    white 2 champion/ white champion/second white 2 game champion/3rd white 2 champion/4th planned white 2 champion
    / /
    //

credit to froststorm

Quote Originally Posted by worldwaker View Post
    so i'm getting awakening tomorrow...maybe tonight,any advice?i only know a few(read:next to nothing)things about the game...i'm probably going to redefine "epic fail" when i play it
    If you're new to the series, don't bother trying Lunatic....

Honestly don't, it will drive you to insanity

Thanks to epicjirachifan from The Comet Graphics for the Fire Emblem Banner!

If you want to open up the sadistic difficulties first, go for Lunatic, on both Classic and Casual Modes.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Metroid Prime Trilogy - Metroid Prime 3: Corruption / Mega Man Battle Network

Unless you're playing the DLC or making Street Pass teams, just get at it.
    Last edited by Mark_Chaos; 22nd March 2014 at 2:06 AM.

I honestly wouldn't recommend Lunatic to anyone. Unless you really like resetting until the RNG gives you something you might be able to work.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by tomatohater View Post
    If you're new to the series, don't bother trying Lunatic....

Honestly don't, it will drive you to insanity
    Being new to the series has little to do with it as it's just strategy and they still outline the basic gameplay, it's not as if any 'skill' is required to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Chaos View Post
    Unless you're playing the DLC or making Street Pass teams, just get at it.
    It's prolly better to plan for a DLC build it's not that hard to actually make one and if you start with it you don't have to go all the way back through if you decide to get DLC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I honestly wouldn't recommend Lunatic to anyone. Unless you really like resetting until the RNG gives you something you might be able to work.
    Lunatic+ is the RNG reliant mode, Lunatic not so much. Lunatic can be reliable beat using the same strategies unless you get an incredibly bad run of luck, other than that strategic killing with your Avatar and Chrom early on will make the game easy, you just can't use all units without gimping yourself a tad is all other than that no big deal. You can get your avatar to level 5 by the end of the prologue if you do it "right" and you can phase out Frederick to a support role by Stage 4 without worry.

I'd give the opposite advice of the common given here and recommend starting on Lunatic. They still give the tutorial throughout the game to get you upto speed on the mechanics and the other difficulties are a snooze fest IMO, I would however recommend playing on Casual for your first run though so you don't accidentally lose a unit through lack of understanding of the game and if you find things getting difficult on casual mode it's essentially easy mode if you want to use units as suicides you can pull with weak units and train units that will be good later like Chrom and the Avatar. It's not as if you can't ask for help and the first few levels are the only 'challenging' part in the game where you will have to use Frederick no way around it. A tip for starting is to pick either Spd, Def, or HP for your Asset it'll make your early game much much easier for a beginner. Spd and Def can both make solid DLC builds while HP is a tad lacking IMO, also a Fem avatar that you can put with Chrom will make the in-game easier on you. Lck is pretty useless as Spd and Skl trump it and it will still be high enough to avoid crits if you take it as a flaw so you can safely take it, but if you know what you don't want you can take that as a flaw and use Luna instead of Ignis, Ignis tends to be stronger if you don't lower your opposite stat and Grandmaster is a perfectly fine class for versatility reasons being able to hit res and def where appropriate equally hard by default. More importantly limit Frederick use as much as possible to get exp for your other units, if you exploit Lissa in the prologue you can really fight with your avatar (sparingly) in lvl 1.
    Last edited by Dwlr; 22nd March 2014 at 3:28 AM.

so i just realized ive been playing the game for 12 hours striat,and i only have 2 issues:
    1:healers can;t attack,makes it very hard to level them up
    2:spilting a double team uses up both units turns...has cost me about an hour because party members not getting healed because of this and going downhill from there...
    everything else i really like about the game,no regrets for this as a birthday gift!
    do the shuckle sweep
    white 2 champion/ white champion/second white 2 game champion/3rd white 2 champion/4th planned white 2 champion
    / /
    //

credit to froststorm

Ward and Rescue staves are a great way to level up healers. They give pretty respectable amounts of EXP (Rescue can do upwards of 50 EXP per use if I'm remembering correctly), as opposed to the typical ~10-ish from a Heal.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Page 197 of 219 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207 ... LastLast