Page 199 of 222 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,975 of 5530

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

Sometimes,the way the soundtrack is handled annoys me.The soundtrack itself is great,just like any other 3ds game i've played,i like that there's ablaze and normal for the track,but ablaze just being in battle can make the transaction weird,and mastermind,only plays when you fight the boss accoitatied with that theme.While they do have their reasons,imo,it should have been handled like this:ablaze plays in battle,and on the feild when half the enemy is dead and boss themes play for the rest of that battle once you challenge them,and is ridden over by a new boss theme playing(for example,regular boss theme plays when you chllange them,then you get to the guy that plays mastermind,mastermind plays instead of the regular boss theme).Sorry for asking a lot of questions,i have had no experience with the fire emblem series before this,thanks for helping me out.
    do the shuckle sweep
    white 2 champion/ white champion/second white 2 game champion/3rd white 2 champion/4th planned white 2 champion
    / /
    //

credit to froststorm

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    You don't even need to factor Limit Breaker into the equation. The Apotheosis maps are just much more difficult than everything else.
    I know it's a comment on him getting used to his high stats if you're playing Lunatic Mode or Lunatic + Mode you eventually fight maxed stat enemies so the only way to 'plow through enemies from high stats" is with Limit Breaker, otherwise you need a coordination of skills to really 'plow' through people, otherwise you might have some trouble if you just throw random skills together since the enemies do outnumber you. You shouldn't be using Limit Breaker to 'plow' through enemies is all I'm saying as it goes against the spirit of the game, which is all fine and well if you aren't going to "complain" later about getting used to it when you run into some trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusKincaid View Post
    I know it's a comment on him getting used to his high stats if you're playing Lunatic Mode or Lunatic + Mode you eventually fight maxed stat enemies so the only way to 'plow through enemies from high stats" is with Limit Breaker, otherwise you need a coordination of skills to really 'plow' through people, otherwise you might have some trouble if you just throw random skills together since the enemies do outnumber you. You shouldn't be using Limit Breaker to 'plow' through enemies is all I'm saying as it goes against the spirit of the game, which is all fine and well if you aren't going to "complain" later about getting used to it when you run into some trouble.
    I DO use strategy. I haven't really played on stronger maps that much, so that's why I was "plowing through enemies".
    Last edited by Shadow XD001; 6th April 2014 at 2:42 AM.
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:
    Anime List

I tried the Gamecube one after I got it at a Thrift Store and I just couldn't finish the game. It was too difficult for me thanks to that mother****ing permanent death ******** that should have a toggle option and the cutscenes were just downright painful. I will try Awakening though since Permanent Death CAN be toggled.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamer Fluttershy View Post
    I tried the Gamecube one after I got it at a Thrift Store and I just couldn't finish the game. It was too difficult for me thanks to that mother****ing permanent death ******** that should have a toggle option and the cutscenes were just downright painful. I will try Awakening though since Permanent Death CAN be toggled.
    If you think that's hard, play Lunatic (+), with Perma-Death. You'll cry yourself to sleep.
    Thanks to Astral Shadow from The Under for the Bravely Default Banner!

Quote Originally Posted by tomatohater View Post
    If you think that's hard, play Lunatic (+), with Perma-Death. You'll cry yourself to sleep.
    What system is Lunatic on?

What system is Lunatic on?
    Lunatic and Lunatic+ are difficulty levels in Fire Emblem Awakening. They go beyond normal/hard difficulty to the point where it depends on extreme amounts of luck just to survive.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

I feel I need to share this every time the topic comes up, but Lunatic+ is one of my least enjoyable experiences with video games in awhile. The difficulty is insane and heavily focused around luck, especially in Chapter 2, or Chapter 3 if you manage to survive Chapter 2. And that's ignoring the amount of level-ups and stat-ups you need to survive in the first place. Focus Blast's 70% accuracy is phenomenally good compared to the likelihood of surviving the early chapters in Lunatic+. Lunatic Mode is something I can actually enjoy (and I do enjoy Lunatic Mode), but Lunatic+ is definitely not for the casual player, even when playing on Casual Mode.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Quote Originally Posted by Psynergy View Post
    I feel I need to share this every time the topic comes up, but Lunatic+ is one of my least enjoyable experiences with video games in awhile. The difficulty is insane and heavily focused around luck, especially in Chapter 2, or Chapter 3 if you manage to survive Chapter 2. And that's ignoring the amount of level-ups and stat-ups you need to survive in the first place. Focus Blast's 70% accuracy is phenomenally good compared to the likelihood of surviving the early chapters in Lunatic+. Lunatic Mode is something I can actually enjoy (and I do enjoy Lunatic Mode), but Lunatic+ is definitely not for the casual player, even when playing on Casual Mode.
    There's a reason why I oftentimes call Lunatic+ "Masochistic mode". It goes well beyond enjoyable difficulty and is solely for those who either 1) Want to complete everything for the sake of completionism, or 2) Are Masochistic.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

You can tell if it's a reset scenario before actually playing it and if it's a winnable scenario saving that setup is the way to go and playing a clearly winnable scenario isn't that bad, it's resetting the random skills to acquire the winnable scenario that creates the artificial difficulty. Once you get to the point you can abuse the outrealm as most do anyway it becomes fairly simple and you don't have to reset from that point onward if you're playing casual atleast.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwlr View Post
    You can tell if it's a reset scenario before actually playing it and if it's a winnable scenario saving that setup is the way to go and playing a clearly winnable scenario isn't that bad, it's resetting the random skills to acquire the winnable scenario that creates the artificial difficulty. Once you get to the point you can abuse the outrealm as most do anyway it becomes fairly simple and you don't have to reset from that point onward if you're playing casual atleast.
    That still doesn't really make it fun for the vast majority.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Yes it makes it a living hell moreso then Dark Souls is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwlr View Post
    Yeah, the resetting part is my main gripe with it. Naturally, you want to reset until you don't get an unwinnable situation and try and go from there, especially in Chapters like 2 and 3. But resetting so many times just for a potentially winnable situation isn't exactly fun. Once the Outrealm Gate is an option, getting through later chapters can definitely be less painful, but those early game chapters are too tedious for me to find it fun enough to play. I'll sit comfortably with Lunatic Mode for my serious playthroughs.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

I still don't get why people shell out for the DLC just so they can grind against it endlessly to beat Lunatic/+. Is it a bragging rights thing or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Is it a bragging rights thing or something?
    Yes. It's not enjoyable in the least so it's solely for the right to brag and the smug sense of superiority that some people carry with it.

Never said it did.
    Yes it makes it a living hell moreso then Dark Souls is.
    Dark Souls isn't that hard IMO, but it's skill based so not really comparable IMO anyway.
    Yeah, the resetting part is my main gripe with it. Naturally, you want to reset until you don't get an unwinnable situation and try and go from there, especially in Chapters like 2 and 3. But resetting so many times just for a potentially winnable situation isn't exactly fun. Once the Outrealm Gate is an option, getting through later chapters can definitely be less painful, but those early game chapters are too tedious for me to find it fun enough to play. I'll sit comfortably with Lunatic Mode for my serious playthroughs.
    Once you get the Outrealm I'd argue it's not any harder than Lunatic Mode, even without the Outrealm once you get to a certain point your Avi and Chrom can handle themselves perfectly well it's simply not a mindless win like Lunatic mode is.
    I still don't get why people shell out for the DLC just so they can grind against it endlessly to beat Lunatic/+. Is it a bragging rights thing or something?
    You don't need the Outrealm to beat either and Lunatic mode as I've said before is entirely beatable with just 2 units, your Avatar and Chrom which will be maxed (Important Stats anyway) by the time you reach the end and allow several reclasses for both your Avatar and Chrom to collect an ideal skill-set from just in-game enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Yes. It's not enjoyable in the least so it's solely for the right to brag and the smug sense of superiority that some people carry with it.
    Anything below Lunatic I find mind-numbingly boring myself so some people find it enjoyable though Lunatic+ mode I didn't enjoy, lots of resetting at the beginning and then it was more or less Lunatic Mode once you got into the game itself, just with the minor hiccup of having to take more care with your units where on any other mode you can send a single maxed unit into a mass of enemies press start and save a lot of time I consider a waste by not watching the animations or the enemy movements.

I have given a nickname to Fire Emblem "Reset Every 5 Minutes Emblem" I'd like to meet the sadistic ****nugget who programmed in Permanent Death without a toggle for most of the games and give him a piece of my goddamn mind

I have given a nickname to Fire Emblem "Reset Every 5 Minutes Emblem" I'd like to meet the sadistic ****nugget who programmed in Permanent Death without a toggle for most of the games and give him a piece of my goddamn mind
    The normal difficulties really aren't that difficult, unless of course you're not very smart, in which case formulating strategy is obviously quite difficult.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

The normal difficulties really aren't that difficult, unless of course you're not very smart, in which case formulating strategy is obviously quite difficult.
    It's not that it's that I get so bored playing the same shitty scenario over and over again that I can't think right, it's the equivalent of hitting the wall with your head.

Getting through the level isn't the hard part, it's making sure your units all get through alive.

Getting through the level isn't the hard part, it's making sure your units all get through alive.
    Yes and it goes down as #1 on my Gaming Nightmare list...getting your army through alive in Fire Emblem games

Yes and it goes down as #1 on my Gaming Nightmare list...getting your army through alive in Fire Emblem games
    Don't play Shadow Dragon then, if you want the really good units, you'll be killing off a good number of other units...
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by Recon View Post
    Don't play Shadow Dragon then, if you want the really good units, you'll be killing off a good number of other units...
    The units in Shadow Dragon's Paralogues aren't even that great.

Though, that applies to a lot of people in Shadow Dragon...

Focus your exp and stop bringing dead weight it's as simple as that.

Permadeath is one the most defining features of Fire Emblem. It may make the games a bit more unforgiving than your typical RPG (as if it's a typical RPG regardless), but it's one of the things that attracted so many people to the series in the first place. That, and once you really learn to play the game, the permadeath isn't really difficult to deal with unless you play on higher difficulties. If even that, depending on the game.

Shadow Dragon, for one, doesn't really get difficult unless you're playing on Hard 4 or 5. And Path of Radiance is never exactly difficult (outside of probably the Japanese Hard mode but that's just conjecture).

Some people will go so far to say it's not Fire Emblem unless you have permadeath on, but that's a different debate I don't want to get into. Permadeath is still one of the reasons why so many people like the Fire Emblem series. That said, Casual Mode definitely does make Awakening more accessible to a larger audience and more casual audience, and that's contributed to Awakening's great success without a doubt. Even then, permadeath is one of the better and more iconic features of the Fire Emblem series, even if we hate to see a character die.
    Last edited by Psynergy; 15th April 2014 at 4:19 AM.

Page 199 of 222 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209 ... LastLast