Page 3 of 223 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    I really wish there was a way to play FE7 with the FE8 class split.

the ability to choose as pretty much he coolest thing ever, and intrduced some new classes, like Great Knight, Wyvern Knight, Summoner, and Ranger(nomad in disguise).

even though GK suffers to both the Horseslayer and Armourslayer.
    I have an odd image of Lucius as a Sage, and Guy as an assassin would be a hilarious clash with his personality. XD
    I do wish FE7 had the branched promotion option, though. Was FE8 the only game with branched promotion option?
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Regirock

Was FE8 the only game with branched promotion option?
    If that's so, then I'll be happier as I'm beating FE6 in Japanese. XD Speaking of, I've made it to Chapter 7. Roy gets crazy useful in Chapter 5 with the rapier, being one of the only things to have a guaranteed accurate hit against all of those bandits. And the Rapier is a one-time-use sword, and I can't buy another? I find the other swords he can equip to be pretty inferior as weapons in general, they're not good with the Cavaliers, and since they're the only thing Chad can use, I have a hard time using Chad...
    - Known on Smogon as PlatinumMage!! -

John 3:16-For God so loved the world that He gave His only son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
    If you're a Christian and you love Jesus, add this verse to your sig. Started by jesusfreak94.
    Put this in your sig if you think Hoenn deserves remakes!started by Flare64

Quote Originally Posted by ArcanineShrine014029 View Post
    If that's so, then I'll be happier as I'm beating FE6 in Japanese. XD Speaking of, I've made it to Chapter 7. Roy gets crazy useful in Chapter 5 with the rapier, being one of the only things to have a guaranteed accurate hit against all of those bandits. And the Rapier is a one-time-use sword, and I can't buy another? I find the other swords he can equip to be pretty inferior as weapons in general, they're not good with the Cavaliers, and since they're the only thing Chad can use, I have a hard time using Chad...
    Chad gets very useful later on. I wish he could promote. I just finished Chapter 8, and in Chapter 7, there's another Rapier in a chest to the Northeastern side of the map IIRC. I found Lugh to be an awesome unit to have, and since bosses gave crazy evade early on, his speed is very helpful.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Regirock

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    imo the GBA ones where the best.
    Scared Swords was my favourite. Killer Edge on Swordmasters ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    Scared Swords was my favourite. Killer Edge on Assassin ftw!
    Fix'd

10char
    [IMG]http://i38.*******.com/24pcwfb.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i38.*******.com/35hmmj4.jpg[/IMG]

Credit to ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the sprites.

^Yes!!!

Don't Beserker and Swordmaster get a +30% for crits in FE6 instead of the +15% in FE7 and FE8?

Oh gosh...Chapter 8 is tricky. Could I ever get the items that Cath steals? And I'm keeping up with 4 new characters, too.

John 3:16-For God so loved the world that He gave His only son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
    If you're a Christian and you love Jesus, add this verse to your sig. Started by jesusfreak94.

If you want those items, just trap Cath in a corner with one of your units. She will never initiate an attack on her own, so as long as you keep her pinned down she won't do anything. And if she did manage to get something, just Steal the items back from her.

Also, remember to talk to her with Roy!
    MK Wii FC: 4125-3565-2043

98% of teenagers cannot perform basic math. If you're one of the 7% who can, copy and paste this into your sig.

I hack pokemon with my AR. Don't like it? Tough.

FFIII DS sucks, and MMX6 sucks even more, but MMX7 is just crap.

It is said that when it roars, a volcano erupts somewhere around the globe.

ENTEI embodies the passion of magma. This POKEMON is thought to have been born in the eruption of a volcano. It blasts fire that consumes all it touches.

ENTEI learns Roar at level 15.
    >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon-dana
    But seriously, I agree with BitchBlast's point from a few posts back.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzBlast View Post
    If you want those items, just trap Cath in a corner with one of your units. She will never initiate an attack on her own, so as long as you keep her pinned down she won't do anything. And if she did manage to get something, just Steal the items back from her.

Also, remember to talk to her with Roy!
    Ugh... I got to the first set of items too quickly, and Cath started to go for the second set of items. I almost missed talking to her, and I lost a Silver Axe, but it's just one item. I really wish you could steal weapons thieves can't use. :/

You can. You just need a Thief with higher Speed.

...Or was it FE6 where you couldn't steal weapons, final?

98% of teenagers cannot perform basic math. If you're one of the 7% who can, copy and paste this into your sig.

ENTEI embodies the passion of magma. This POKEMON is thought to have been born in the eruption of a volcano. It blasts fire that consumes all it touches.

>_<

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzBlast View Post
    You can. You just need a Thief with higher Speed.

...Or was it FE6 where you couldn't steal weapons, final?
    I don't know. Chad couldn't use steal to get it, but I'm not sure. Like everyone else, I wish Chad could promote.

I'm just hoping my characters can get down to Cath fast enough. And there's another thief that follows her, too. And you're not supposed to kill her? Kinda surprised me that she can't be recruited to this point.

My Paladins can get pretty far, but there's a knight with a Knightslayer lance in the near beginning. Which, by the way, combined with other enemy soldiers, could take out a Paladin of mine in one turn.

And how good is the equipment that Catch steals? I saw a really-impressive looking sword...I think I'll need it.
    Last edited by ArcanineShrine014029; 30th June 2011 at 11:29 PM. Reason: mis-spelling

You can kill the other thief. Cath continues to show up in multiple levels, but unless you talk to her with Roy in three of those levels, she won't join. There are some good Promotion items and money. For weapons, I remember a Silver Axe, Elfire, and Light Brand. For promotion items, I recall a Knight's Crest, Guiding Ring, and Elysian Whip. The rest was money.
    Last edited by Psynergy; 30th June 2011 at 11:34 PM.

The only things you want are the promotion items and the Elfire. Killer Axes are far superior to Silver Axes, and Light Brands just suck.

>_<

Of course, you would want some of the money to buy Killer Axes, especially on a Hard Mode playthrough.

I see. Well, I was able to stop Cath from stealing the four chests from the first room full of them. As I'm trying to stop her from stealing what's in the second four chests, I'm getting my characters Killed as I head toward the area with the boss.

Okay, that definitely shouldn't be happening. Who are you even using?

>_<

Sounds like he's getting into the same situation as me. Who are you using?

I just finished Chapter 10, and recruited Geese and Gonzalez, and I promoted Lugh to a Sage, since he reached lv. 20. Lance is lv. 19, so he's promoting soon. Chapter 11 is a pain. Recruit Klein with Roy or Clarine, talk to Tate with Thany, recruit Tate with Klein, and at the same time, saving the villages and using Lalum to recuit Echidna? This is a lot to handle. I'm going to have to restart the chapter. As a perfectionist, I can't let anyone die.

You... used Lance? Did he get some crazy levels or something, because usually Alan is superior in the stats that count.

As for Lugh... eh, he's good, but I don't see why you would use him when you have the option of Lilina. Screw lower Skill, the Roy - Lilina support is super fast and benefits both characters immensely. It's also the only way to get the best ending.

>_<

Yup. I abused the arena in chapter 7, and I prefer Skill and Speed over Strength. It's just my play style, and I used Lugh because when Lilina came around, Lugh's level was much higher. I did try to use Wendy, but she's just so hard to train. I'll admit that I did choose some characters for how much I like them.

Yay, I finally beat Chapter 8! That was an interesting boss fight at the end... Ougier was the one who really beat the boss with that armorkiller sword of his. And I'm playing the game in Japanese, so I'm only understanding the character's names, and the names of some of the weapons. XD

I did talk to Cath - and she ran off of the level afterwards, thank goodness. I killed the other thief that was with her, too. But the best part, I was able to get all of the items!

If I've got this right, you can promote at level 10, but you get a better benefit if you promote at level 20. and if you die in the arena, is it like any other death in the game, or can you start it over without resetting?

It should be a normal death, but you could just restart the level if the one who died was someone you really needed. Lugh had the speed and skill I needed to hit the boss in Chapter 8.

Since you are on Chapter 8x, I'm telling you to try to do all Gaiden Chapters, because I hear you don't go beyond chapter 22 if you don't clear them all.

Dude, there's a translation patch. And yes, you can't go beyond chapter 22 if you don't do all of the gaiden chapters. More specifically, you can't go beyond chapter 22 if you don't have all 8 Legendary Weapons.

As for promotion, while you'll want to promote at level 20 for the best stats possible, in reality you'll want to promote around level 12-16 or so.
    Last edited by BlitzBlast; 2nd July 2011 at 4:33 AM.

>_<

Yeah, and the translation patch has some names different than others have it translated. For example, the patch uses Oujay instead of Ougier, and Tate instead of Thite.

So, the game just ends? Huh. I better make sure I reach them all. Augh, some are bound to be tough to reach. >.<

I see. Okay, so you get the legendary weapons from the Gaiden chapters - sounds like a fair trade! I see a list of 7 Gaiden chapters, you get a legendary weapon for each. Hope these requirements aren't too bad - so, the Exaccus is an enemy drop? Or can I steal it?
    And Roy's time to shine will be at Chapter 22 when he is promoted from Chapter 21 and gets the sword of seals - which I don't have to sidequest for! Yes!

And I know about the translation patch...I think I'll download that when I've beaten the Japanese version once.

Page 3 of 223 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast