Page 30 of 223 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    The only thing that bothers me is that almost every character I've seen has either blue, blonde, or brown hair.
    Give it time; Fire Emblem characters have a whole rainbow of hair colors.

Actually, that's pretty common in a lot of Japanese games. And anime.
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigglychu View Post
    Give it time; Fire Emblem characters have a whole rainbow of hair colors.

Actually, that's pretty common in a lot of Japanese games. And anime.
    Yeah, you're right. I personally like the rainbow of hair colors, mainly because it seems to add to the personality of the characters. IIRC, the hair usually has some connection with the personality of a character in anime and such?
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Yeah, you're right. I personally like the rainbow of hair colors, mainly because it seems to add to the personality of the characters. IIRC, the hair usually has some connection with the personality of a character in anime and such?
    No, not really. But in more realistic shows, you usually only see black, brown, dark blue and dark purple, the hair colors meaning "This is supposed to be Black, but if we did that then everyone would have black hair and there would be no variety."

God knows where Green comes in though.

I like it; it's kinda cool that the multicolored hair thing is so common in anime and games. Maybe it's because there are a lot of characters in each FE game, but Fire Emblem has hair of pretty much every color. Erk and Ilyana are different shade of purple, Serra and Makalov both have pink, Ike is blue, Roy is orange, Eirika and Ephraim are kinda teal-ish. In fact it seems like there's more fictional hair colors than real-world hair colors in FE.

It looks like MU has more customizability than in new mystery, Maybe I can finally. make a morph look-alike?

I might go for a Celica(A FE2 character with a similar class) look-alike, though...

Who wants to bet that MU is the dark dragon aligned character?Or it's Chrome, and he doesn't know it lol

Quote Originally Posted by lindsy95 View Post
    Who wants to bet that MU is the dark dragon aligned character?Or it's Chrome, and he doesn't know it lol
    I've been saying this ever since we heard about the plot: Krom is the good dragon's mark bearer and MU is the unwilling evil dragon's mark bearer. They said MU has amnesia. That tends to scream "secret past", doesn't it? It's already pretty clear that Krom and MU are the two mark bearers. Besides being the two main characters, look at what we know about the game's story so far:
    "Two sleeping dragons -- one a sacred ally of mankind, the other its sworn destroyer. Two heroes marked with symbols of the dragons. Their meeting heralds the dragons' awakening -- and the world's ending."
    "The meeting between Krom and this character is a major part of the story."
    And considering they're both good guys, I'm willing to bet the one who doesn't remember who he is is the one with the evil dragon's mark; he doesn't remember his past with the evil dragon, allowing him to become a good guy in the story.

So my guess is the "Major part of the story" is the dragons waking up (hence the title FE: Awakening) and Krom and MU team up to stop him; MU being the unwilling bearer of the evil dragon adds to the drama.
    Last edited by Hejiru; 17th February 2012 at 3:32 PM.

No way, I never could've figured that out. : p

I wonder, are we getting any interesting monsters? I've seen the one giant unarmed looking thing, but it was pretty uninteresting. -crosses fingers for dracozombies-
    Last edited by lindsy95; 18th February 2012 at 5:05 PM.

I wonder, are we getting any interesting monsters? I've seen the one giant unarmed looking thing, but it was pretty uninteresting. -crosses fingers for dracozombies-
    I could do without monsters like those in sacred stones. I did enjoy the challenge of the dracozombies, though. *thinks back to lagdou ruins*

I still thinking of characters that might fit the common archetypes, like the Cain/Abel and Merric archetypes, assuming there is someone to fit them. Hopefully, there's no Jeigans in this one.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

That one Frederick guy looks like our Jeigan. But he might be an Oifey

I'd hope Frederick would be an Oifey. We haven't really had much of a Jeigan since Marcus of FE6. FE7 Marcus seems to be a little of both. I appreciate the link, though. I haven't seen a few of those characters before.

I could do without monsters like those in sacred stones.
    Perhaps instead of monsters, you get into skirmishes with the enemy army?

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Perhaps instead of monsters, you get into skirmishes with the enemy army?
    Or ambushed by thieves/pirates/bandits?

I quite like the monsters in Sacred Stones though. The monsters had quite a varied stat distribution and most of them didn't use weapons/magic which means any unit can fight them. It also makes more sense from a development point of view to have mindless monsters(who can attack you for no reason) than to have humans(who have a sense of morals and have to have a reason to fight you).
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

We have another Nintendo direct coming up, fingers crossed for new info~

Quote Originally Posted by Aurawarrior8 View Post
    It also makes more sense from a development point of view to have mindless monsters(who can attack you for no reason) than to have humans(who have a sense of morals and have to have a reason to fight you).
    Or, you know, are just soldiers doing what they're told. Just like in every other game in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurawarrior8 View Post
    It also makes more sense from a development point of view to have mindless monsters(who can attack you for no reason) than to have humans(who have a sense of morals and have to have a reason to fight you).
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Or, you know, are just soldiers doing what they're told. Just like in every other game in the series.
    Clamps pretty much quells this discussion, but I'd like to also point out that they do a pretty bang-up job of explaining the fact that you're commanding an entire army rather than a rag-tag bunch of people. Obviously they give people backstories because they're people and we can relate better that way and it makes for an interesting story, but whatever. The games are, for all intents and purposes, games of all-out warfare spanning entire nations.

Also, the monsters were just horribly cliched. I can see it if it was perhaps as a third force in the games, so there were essentially your forces enemy forces and then the monsters got muddled in the middle of things, that would make things interesting. Or maybe if it had been a gradual takeover, like the morphs from FE7, but even they had actual weapons. Basically it just turned into your forces against monsters in the end with the way the story turned. Much less interesting when all you're doing is killing zombies and skeletons.

And, as a side note, the only monsters I can immediately think of that did not in any way have a weapon attribute tied to them were the Bael and the Revenant classes. Skeletons, Eyes, Gargoyles...They all had weapons.

We have another Nintendo direct coming up, fingers crossed for new info~
    Sure, why not? It can't hurt to be hopeful. I hope we hear more about new characters, if anything.

Music is always a concern for me. Intelligent Systems always succeeds in that department, but I thought I'd bring it up. Favorite songs, anyone?

I liked Thracias soundtrack. Don't really know why.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimentio View Post
    And, as a side note, the only monsters I can immediately think of that did not in any way have a weapon attribute tied to them were the Bael and the Revenant classes. Skeletons, Eyes, Gargoyles...They all had weapons.
    Mauthedoogs used Fangs.

Do Dracozombies count as using weapons?

New FE stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNZaZ...tailpage#t=92s

I think I saw masked marth o.o He was wearing the shield of seals....
    Last edited by lindsy95; 22nd February 2012 at 1:13 PM.

Do Dracozombies count as using weapons?
    Since they're technically using Dragonstones/Dragonbreath, yes.

So Fire Emblem Awakening confirmed for english release during that nintendo conference thing during the last hour. (Don't have any other sources handy either so I guess nobody wrote about it yet, eh)

In short, yes.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

am very happy

Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
    So Fire Emblem Awakening confirmed for english release during that nintendo conference thing during the last hour. (Don't have any other sources handy either so I guess nobody wrote about it yet, eh)

In short, yes.
    Is this for North America and PAL?

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Fire Emblem was confirmed for Europe. The US video didn't even mention it.

Screw you, Reggie.

We're given The Last Story for the US...but now we're missing a first-party Nintendo game.

Page 30 of 223 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast