Page 39 of 224 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Well, ok, daggers on a mage was a bad idea, but I had fun with it.
    I thought because Tormod had a higher strength growth than magic, he'd actually be a good choice for knives, but I guess not.

With no daggers, though, swords are the only weapon I can see a mage using for a different promotion.
    Well, we have confirmed Battle Clerics, so there's always axes.
    Quote Originally Posted by lindsy95 View Post
    Ohhhhhh, yeah, true.

Lex! Arthur works pretty well, though, as a physical class, his magic sucks then XD

I'm hoping growths change with class, like SD did (since we have reclass). That would solve the issue of stats. Peg Knights seem to get pretty good magic, so I'm hopeful of them (magic classes) being decent in the str department.
    Lex Arthur is so broken on so many levels though. I feel sorry for the poor bastards who get the orders to attack him at half health.
    Last edited by Clamps; 25th March 2012 at 8:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Well, we have confirmed Battle Clerics, so there's always axes.
    Battle Clerics? Well, axes seems rather creative, but it would be odd IMO. If we get that, there won't be a reason to complain. I considered bows, but on a mage, that seems pointless and redundant. Now that you mention Clerics, who knows?
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

If we get them? What does the word confirmed mean to you? XD

If we get them? What does the word confirmed mean to you? XD
    *facepalm*
    Someone should start tallying how many mistakes I make, because they sure happen often. XD

What I was confused on was whether or not they got axes, but even then, I really need to pay attention to what I write/read.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

I loved the GBA ones the best, most likely due to the fact those are the only ones i've played.
    Is anyone looking forward to the 3DS Fire Emblem? It looks epic.

Do not doubt the Cloyster Clan.

After having played FE4, the GBA games seem very primitive. You should try FE4, it's amazing. Though in all honesty, even FE5 would've felt primitive too if it weren't for the fact that it makes Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels look easy.

Eh, I'd have to say the GBA games are favorites of mine. FE4 is good, just easy. FE5 makes up for that XD (it's too hard lol)

So, I guess I'm missing out on a lot, seeing as I've never played either FE4 or FE5. How tough/fun are they compared to others? You mention them so often, so I assume they must be worth playing.

FE4 is fairly easy, but has nice gameplay and tons of options with the generation system. FE5 is pretty hard if you are playing it for the first time. FE5 has you getting very little gold, so the best way to get items is through capture. Oh, and buy keys. Lots of keys. I've been screwed over by not having keys so much.

The capture system in FE5 seems broken as all hell early on, but once you realize you're pretty much forced to use it, the game gets a lot less fun.

And chapter 12x can go suck on a rusty railroad spike.

I see, So FE4 is fun but easy, with many options, while FE5's difficulty degrades its fun. And they are in the same universe IIRC. By how you two describe FE5, it makes FE6 sound easy. Would that be an accurate statement?

Yeah, FE6 is easier than 5.

You can play 5 on 'elite mode' which doubles EXP gain of all characters.

Yeah, FE6 is easier than 5.

You can play 5 on 'elite mode' which doubles EXP gain of all characters.
    O.O As if FE6 wasn't hard enough. I guess double EXP gain would help, I'm sure it's still tough.

Not even a year ago, I thought FE7's Hector Hard Mode was the toughest. I've learned much since then. Now I'm motivated to look into it more, though buying it won't be much of an option now. Meh, I've got plenty to finish with PoR anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    O.O As if FE6 wasn't hard enough. I guess double EXP gain would help, I'm sure it's still tough.

Not even a year ago, I thought FE7's Hector Hard Mode was the toughest. I've learned much since then. Now I'm motivated to look into it more, though buying it won't be much of an option now. Meh, I've got plenty to finish with PoR anyway.
    You've got it all wrong. HHM is pretty hard, for legitimate reasons. FE6's Hard mode is hard because the games were still using player character stats for the earlier games with the enemy stats of the later games. FE5 is hard because that game hates you, your family and everything you've ever loved.

In FE Awakening Anna is recruitable. She is the trickster class.
    Falco Knights are getting staves. Draco Knights promote to Gryphon riders. (need to double check the last one)
    And Manaketes can reclass o.0

Just a loli, nothing special here. Her name is... "Nono" For srs? Cute, but rather an odd name.

Man, Ira is so OP. http://serenesforest.net/fe13/img/0328/furage3.jpg

Theres a ton more info on Serenes, just go over there. -lazy- XD
    Last edited by lindsy95; 28th March 2012 at 10:33 PM.

You've got it all wrong. HHM is pretty hard, for legitimate reasons. FE6's Hard mode is hard because the games were still using player character stats for the earlier games with the enemy stats of the later games. FE5 is hard because that game hates you, your family and everything you've ever loved.
    Ok, you've cleared things up for me (I hope). HHM is what a legit hard mode is, while FE6 is no quite so. Now that I think of it, HHM was hard enough without completely killing the fun for me. The bottom line is that FE5 will never like me, my family, and anyone I ever loved. That's...pleasant. So FE5 is the most evil and unforgiving of the series.

On news for Awakening... Manaketes can reclass? What?! O.o
    As for the Gryphon thing, I'd personally would prefer it as a different class, but I won't complain. I can make do with reclassing. Now, recruiting Anna...not what I expected. Ira looks good. but she nothing compared to Edward Her speed almost scared me though.

edit: I just realized Ira is a DLC unit. Shows how much I know. I thought her artwork looked odd.
    Last edited by Psynergy; 29th March 2012 at 3:52 AM.

Actually, those stats are pretty typical for Aira if she didn't have caps. And the Griffin Knight will probably be a Dragon-Rider equivalent to the Dark Pegasus. Looking more and more like we're only getting one magic type, unless they just didn't clarify that Dark Pegasi only use Dark Magic, for whatever reason.

Well, huge caps makes a difference for a unit with high enough growths to reach them.

I'm fairly sure that magic is merged. Oh, and the king of whats-it's-face-evil-nation has been shown. He's a total nut.

I like him. He looks just evil enough. He also looks like he's got friends on the other side, if you catch my drift.

Yeah, I don't know why, but I really am liking him. He looks like the trickster class, IMO. (Or at leas some enemy only powered up version)

Actually, those stats are pretty typical for Aira if she didn't have caps. And the Griffin Knight will probably be a Dragon-Rider equivalent to the Dark Pegasus. Looking more and more like we're only getting one magic type, unless they just didn't clarify that Dark Pegasi only use Dark Magic, for whatever reason.
    If we do get only one combined magic group, I hope we get enough variety. Though, Mage becoming a Dark Knight seems rather iffy.

Still haven't seen the new evil guy yet, but crazy usually describes their appearance well. I'm just to lazy to find him.

He's basically an anime version of the villain from The Princess and the Frog, but with a slightly rounder face. I think he was only in one of the trailers so far.

Yeah, the current spell list is so diverse I am very surprised at the singular rank.

We've seen Wind, Elwind/thunder/fire arcwind and rezire(nosferatu) So all the elements are present, just all as one rank.

He's basically an anime version of the villain from The Princess and the Frog, but with a slightly rounder face. I think he was only in one of the trailers so far.
    Yeah, I just saw him, in character list on serenes. Eccentric-looking guy, to say the least.

Another facepalm moment for me: I just learned that Soirre, if that's the proper spelling, is a girl.

I did see the mage kid (I forgot his name already), and I want to use him. Me and childish characters. I feel obligated to use them. Rolf, Lugh, Nino, Ewan...all among my favorites.

Soiree is one of the main reasons I really hope the US version has a Japanese audio option. Her, Krom and Marth, are all voiced by some of my favorite Seiyuu. And I know they're going to give Soiree a manly voice in the US version since she's a tomboy, and that always Erks me.

Page 39 of 224 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast