Page 49 of 222 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 5530

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Now that's funny. You've now made the Defend chapter 3-13 so much easier for sure. You didn't use any master seals or anything either, did you?
    I only used a Master Seal on Aran, at level 18. He had nearly capped his Strength and Defense by that point, so it wasn't much of a hindrance. I also left Fiona alone, because good luck getting her to hit anytihing, let alone get mooch kills, in the first chapter you can use her in Hard Mode. Lol@ 8 Strength and 10 Speed.

You know, I need to do it now. By following your playing style in hard mode it should be simple, especially when considering battle saves. It would be easier when Paragon is received. I'm sure you could maybe even promote Tormod so he doesn't fall so far behind later on. Maybe. I wonder how hard a Trueblade Edward with Resolve would be in Chapter 3-7.
    If Tormod could use Heal Staves as a Fire Sage, maybe. But getting him to third tier with anima magic in Hard Mode is next to impossible, if not that, since he'll surely use up all his tomes by the time he hits even level 8. I got Ilyana up to a Level 8 Thunder Sage, and by then she was only getting 2 EXP apiece, WITH Paragon. Stave EXP does not adjust according to level, which is how I got Laura to 3rd tier.

Dunno about Trueblade Edward. I do know Nolan makes the field a bloody swamp with a Crossbow and Beastfoe though.

Currently at Part 2 Endgame. NFJGHDSGHFDHGJHGJFH is all I have to say on that.

If you really want to train Fiona, you could always statue abuse in the 1-E. She's probably one of your best Paladins aside from Astrid to take to the endgame on hard, due to her higher speed cap at T3.

Hard Mode has no Battle Saves, so if I intended to use Nailah's Glare, and miss, which is easy to do due to a maximum 33% accuracy, I can't keep restarting until I got it to work. And in order to keep the unit from attacking Nailah, and thus getting ravaged by her, I'd have an another unit nearby with an unequipped weapon, which is risky itself in Hard Mode.

Either way, I had an Oscar that capped several stats in PoR, so I'm planning to use him.

>.>

<.<
    http://www.latestnewsexplorer.com/bi...nfirmed-games/
    While the list isn't confirmed, apparently FE13 is showing up at E3.
    Dunno how reliable that site is, someone on Serenes linked to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
    I only used a Master Seal on Aran, at level 18. He had nearly capped his Strength and Defense by that point, so it wasn't much of a hindrance. I also left Fiona alone, because good luck getting her to hit anytihing, let alone get mooch kills, in the first chapter you can use her in Hard Mode. Lol@ 8 Strength and 10 Speed.

If Tormod could use Heal Staves as a Fire Sage, maybe. But getting him to third tier with anima magic in Hard Mode is next to impossible, if not that, since he'll surely use up all his tomes by the time he hits even level 8. I got Ilyana up to a Level 8 Thunder Sage, and by then she was only getting 2 EXP apiece, WITH Paragon. Stave EXP does not adjust according to level, which is how I got Laura to 3rd tier.

Dunno about Trueblade Edward. I do know Nolan makes the field a bloody swamp with a Crossbow and Beastfoe though.

Currently at Part 2 Endgame. NFJGHDSGHFDHGJHGJFH is all I have to say on that.
    Fiona has horrid bases, even on easy mode. I think even knights double her there at first. As for Tormod, I suppose it wouldn't work after all, but I meant on Easy mode anyway. 2 EXP with Paragon is understandable, though, since Sothe gets that much on Normal mode.

Nolan murders 3-13 with the Taksh so much. I never remember Beastfoe though. Edward with Vantage and Resolve was a pain for me in 3-7 when he was a Swordmaster. He killed my 3rd tier Boyd easily. As a Trueblade, I'm guessing he'd be a monster, but I'm not sure. I guess I'll have to try it and see.

Part 2 Endgame is the reason I'm dubious on the idea on continuing Hard mode. I raged so hard my first run on normal in that chapter.

As for Awakening news, I hope that this source turns out to reliable. If it is, this will be the best news in all of my summer vacation.
    Last edited by Psynergy; 30th May 2012 at 11:38 PM.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Let's hope it happens! Maybe intelligent systems will have a double feature of some sort where they show Paper Mario and FE: Awakening.
    Speaking of hard modes, can anyone tell me how Hard mode in Sacred Stones is different from normal mode? I tried looking it up on fire emblem wiki, gamefaqs, but couldn't find anything. Does it reduce the number of units you can use in a given chapter? That's my greatest concern.
    - Known on Smogon as PlatinumMage!! -

John 3:16-For God so loved the world that He gave His only son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
    If you're a Christian and you love Jesus, add this verse to your sig. Started by jesusfreak94.
    Put this in your sig if you think Hoenn deserves remakes!started by Flare64

Quote Originally Posted by ArcanineShrine014029 View Post
    Speaking of hard modes, can anyone tell me how Hard mode in Sacred Stones is different from normal mode? I tried looking it up on fire emblem wiki, gamefaqs, but couldn't find anything. Does it reduce the number of units you can use in a given chapter? That's my greatest concern.
    I don't think SS does that on Hard, or if it does, it wasn't a major difference. There's hardly a reason to fear SS Hard Mode though, since the map feature can make it simple. Apart from stronger enemies, it's not too drastic a change. Final boss is still a joke with the good weapons.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Fiona has horrid bases, even on easy mode. I think even knights double her there at first. As for Tormod, I suppose it wouldn't work after all, but I meant on Easy mode anyway. 2 EXP with Paragon is understandable, though, since Sothe gets that much on Normal mode.
    Easy Mode could get him to 3rd tier, but it's still a longshot. In that mode, he'll probably kill everyone in one go with double Elfire, which means everyone else is missing out on precious EXP; with a Constitution and Weight of 6, he can't carry anyone to reduce his speed stat, and I don't think you can get Statue Frags until Part 1 Endgame.

Nolan murders 3-13 with the Taksh so much. I never remember Beastfoe though. Edward with Vantage and Resolve was a pain for me in 3-7 when he was a Swordmaster. He killed my 3rd tier Boyd easily. As a Trueblade, I'm guessing he'd be a monster, but I'm not sure. I guess I'll have to try it and see.
    Trueblade Edward is capable of taking a Max Defense, Max Speed, Max HP Ike down in 3-13 with the Brave Sword, no critical hits, by himself. It's nuts.

Part 2 Endgame is the reason I'm dubious on the idea on continuing Hard mode. I raged so hard my first run on normal in that chapter.
    This chapter is probably the only time you'll ever use Mordecai. 32 Defense when transformed lets him tank hits on the left side of the fort forever. Just load him with the remaining Olivi Grass he has, and the Olivi Grass hidden on the nearby square, and he's ready to go.

I just used him, Marcia at some moments, and Brom with a Hand Axe to cover the left side, and Elincia, Nephenee, Haar, and Nealuchi at times, cover the right, with Leanne Vigoring Elincia up to pick off the numerous Generals, and the Warriors wielding those damn Crossbows and Bowguns. Around Turn 10 and 11, I got everyone to retreat back up to the top, while the Royal Knights dealt with the Generals on the far right. Have Elincia cover the right for a turn so Haar could get to Geoffrey or another Knight so he can get the Silver Greatlance for later, and have him come back up, and wait until Turn 15. It was all good.

While you could just defend and not concern yourself with killing enemies, there is one enemy there that I focused on. A General with the Nullify Scroll is on the bottom left of the map, and killing him is probably the best use for Calill in that chapter. Just make sure to trade that scroll with Nephenee or Brom so Haar can put that thing to use later.

Easy Mode could get him to 3rd tier, but it's still a longshot. In that mode, he'll probably kill everyone in one go with double Elfire, which means everyone else is missing out on precious EXP; with a Constitution and Weight of 6, he can't carry anyone to reduce his speed stat, and I don't think you can get Statue Frags until Part 1 Endgame.

Trueblade Edward is capable of taking a Max Defense, Max Speed, Max HP Ike down in 3-13 with the Brave Sword, no critical hits, by himself. It's nuts.

This chapter is probably the only time you'll ever use Mordecai. 32 Defense when transformed lets him tank hits on the left side of the fort forever. Just load him with the remaining Olivi Grass he has, and the Olivi Grass hidden on the nearby square, and he's ready to go.

I just used him, Marcia at some moments, and Brom with a Hand Axe to cover the left side, and Elincia, Nephenee, Haar, and Nealuchi at times, cover the right, with Leanne Vigoring Elincia up to pick off the numerous Generals, and the Warriors wielding those damn Crossbows and Bowguns. Around Turn 10 and 11, I got everyone to retreat back up to the top, while the Royal Knights dealt with the Generals on the far right. Have Elincia cover the right for a turn so Haar could get to Geoffrey or another Knight so he can get the Silver Greatlance for later, and have him come back up, and wait until Turn 15. It was all good.

While you could just defend and not concern yourself with killing enemies, there is one enemy there that I focused on. A General with the Nullify Scroll is on the bottom left of the map, and killing him is probably the best use for Calill in that chapter. Just make sure to trade that scroll with Nephenee or Brom so Haar can put that thing to use later.
    I guess if rescuing doesn't slow him enough, then it isn't worth even attempting to boost Tormod.

If Edward makes it as a Spotpass character for the RD team in Awakening, then I'll be satisfied.

Mordecai huh? I never considered it, but it definitely sounds reliable with his defense. And that Nullify is a must-have item for sure. I'll need to remember to get it. The last time I found a good use for that Meteor was to get the Soren conversation in the final chapter. I just need to ask: is it now much easier to progress with the Greil Mercenaries?

I guess if rescuing doesn't slow him enough, then it isn't worth even attempting to boost Tormod.
    It's not that Rescuing wouldn't slow him down enough, it's that he's so small that he can't even rescue Micaiah or Ilyana.

Mordecai huh? I never considered it, but it definitely sounds reliable with his defense. And that Nullify is a must-have item for sure. I'll need to remember to get it. The last time I found a good use for that Meteor was to get the Soren conversation in the final chapter.
    You can have Heather steal the Bolting Tome the Thunder Sage carries in Chapter 3-2 if the Meteor Tome ran dry.

I just need to ask: is it now much easier to progress with the Greil Mercenaries?
    Ike almost died twice in Chapter 3-1, and the time almost ran out in that chapter as well. Lol. I'm hoping Nephenee, Haar, and Thunder Sage Ilyana are enough of a reinforcement to help out.

That said, the Greil Mercenaries are still good. Gatrie, Shinon, and Mia can pull their own weight.

It's not that Rescuing wouldn't slow him down enough, it's that he's so small that he can't even rescue Micaiah or Ilyana.

You can have Heather steal the Bolting Tome the Thunder Sage carries in Chapter 3-2 if the Meteor Tome ran dry.

Ike almost died twice in Chapter 3-1, and the time almost ran out in that chapter as well. Lol. I'm hoping Nephenee, Haar, and Thunder Sage Ilyana are enough of a reinforcement to help out.

That said, the Greil Mercenaries are still good. Gatrie, Shinon, and Mia can pull their own weight.
    Oh, lol, I read that wrong. Tormod is such a little guy, he can't even rescue Micaiah? Even worse that he's more likely to get strength than magic.

Bolting tome, huh? Well, it's too late for that now. The Meteor was just enough, even if Soren trolled me by actually capping strength before becoming an Archsage.

So Ike can't just tank through the chapters then? Well, at least the group as a whole is great.

Oh, lol, I read that wrong. Tormod is such a little guy, he can't even rescue Micaiah? Even worse that he's more likely to get strength than magic.
    You could buy a Statue Frag from Aimee in Chapter 1-9, but then that leaves just the Endgame for Tormod to Rescue Micaiah/Ilyana/Rafiel and go grind. Luckily, there are Priests in the enemy force, and Jarod is on a Seize spot, so assuming Tormod is completely stocked with Wnd, Thunder, and Fire tomes, it could be possible to promote him. Likely only on Easy Mode though.

So Ike can't just tank through the chapters then? Well, at least the group as a whole is great.
    There's a chance he could, but the enemies' Defense and Speed in Hard Mode necessitate Ike getting into more scuffles than you would like, which risks him getting attacked by Mages with his horrid Resistance.

You could buy a Statue Frag from Aimee in Chapter 1-9, but then that leaves just the Endgame for Tormod to Rescue Micaiah/Ilyana/Rafiel and go grind. Luckily, there are Priests in the enemy force, and Jarod is on a Seize spot, so assuming Tormod is completely stocked with Wnd, Thunder, and Fire tomes, it could be possible to promote him. Likely only on Easy Mode though.

There's a chance he could, but the enemies' Defense and Speed in Hard Mode necessitate Ike getting into more scuffles than you would like, which risks him getting attacked by Mages with his horrid Resistance.
    I suppose you could, but I tend to avoid buying stat items from Aimee, since the money is usually better spent on weapons.

That nerfed speed and luck of Ike's must not help either. Ike's just not what he was in PoR, not without transfer data anyway.

I suppose you could, but I tend to avoid buying stat items from Aimee, since the money is usually better spent on weapons.
    Which goes back to what I said about buying mostly Bronze weapons and selling Vulneraries. The cheap price and the 50 use capacity of those weapons ensures you can use them for quite a while; if your goal is to raise everyone up, the weak power of the Bronze weapons helps a ton. The only times I deviated from buying them were when I bought Heal Staves for Laura and tomes for Ilyana, a few iron weapons for those instances when a General has just a bit more Defense to block Bronze weapons, and when I bought a Shine Tome from Aimee at the Endgame. Add the funds you save with the 10000 Gold Pelleas gives you in that chapter, you should have money left to spare so you can buy the Statue Frag.
    ]
    Last edited by Sonic Boom; 31st May 2012 at 2:38 AM.

Hard Mode has no Battle Saves, so if I intended to use Nailah's Glare, and miss, which is easy to do due to a maximum 33% accuracy, I can't keep restarting until I got it to work. And in order to keep the unit from attacking Nailah, and thus getting ravaged by her, I'd have an another unit nearby with an unequipped weapon, which is risky itself in Hard Mode.

Either way, I had an Oscar that capped several stats in PoR, so I'm planning to use him.
    You do it with a Priest, so that way it heals itself and you can have everyone else go on with the level while Fiona grinds.

Well, the new spotpass and DLC are out.

Spoiler:- :

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    You do it with a Priest, so that way it heals itself and you can have everyone else go on with the level while Fiona grinds.
    Well, for my talk about abusing Priests, I completely forgot about doing that in the Endgame. Silly me.

Recruited Zihark onto the Laguz Alliance in 3-6, since he just collects dust in every single chapter I used him in every other playthrough. Maybe I'll find use for him in the Kauku Caves chapter.

Speaking of that chapter, infinite Turn limit + automatic damage from terrain + Blossom Skill + Heal Staves carried by her and other units for later if they wear out = Easy way of promoting Mist into a Valkyrie with decent stats. I'm considering promoting Ilyana with the Master Crown so she could do the same, even if she's Level 14.

Quote Originally Posted by lindsy95 View Post
    Well, the new spotpass and DLC are out.

Spoiler:- :
    Her artwork is really good. She totally blows Micaiah and Elincia out of the water. I dunno what's with the bride class though.

Recruited Zihark onto the Laguz Alliance in 3-6, since he just collects dust in every single chapter I used him in every other playthrough. Maybe I'll find use for him in the Kauku Caves chapter.
    I've always wanted to make Jill and Zihark change sides, but I never get to do it because Micaiah's team would be terrible without them.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    Her artwork is really good. She totally blows Micaiah and Elincia out of the water. I dunno what's with the bride class though.
    Uh-oh. Just as I feared. She married her brother.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

Or one of the four other guys she can marry.

I like her new artwork, but what's up with the Bride class? What's she going to do, marry the enemy to death? All those frills won't be much use in swordfighting either(assuming she can still use Swords, which I sincerely hope so).
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

It's a video game, stop giving a ****. She's a staff wielder now anyway.

My lack of ****s to give can only go so far.

Just staves? Ah well, she kinda sucked at swordfighting in FE8 anyway, but I always prefer to have healers who can also dish damage so they don't constantly get ganged upon by everything that moves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurawarrior8 View Post
    Just staves? Ah well, she kinda sucked at swordfighting in FE8 anyway, but I always prefer to have healers who can also dish damage so they don't constantly get ganged upon by everything that moves.
    Come on, she's not that terrible at fighting. She's a lot like Lyn, stat-wise. There's no way she'll only be able to use staves, though. At least, I'd hope not.

Come on, she's not that terrible at fighting. She's a lot like Lyn, stat-wise. There's no way she'll only be able to use staves, though. At least, I'd hope not.
    She can use bows now, for sure, she used one in an image. Staves are assumed because Eirika holds one in her portrait. And swords are assumed because that was the only weapon she could use in Sacred Stones.

Black FC: 1506 6230 0305 3697 5245 7754.
    Check my thread: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...5-s-Trade-Shop

Page 49 of 222 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast