Page 62 of 222 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 5530

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    Are there characters that appear in Fire Emblem 1 & 3 that don't appear in Fire Emblem 11 & 12?
    FE3 is missing characters and chapters from the remake of FE1, AKA Book 1. They're also not in the original game contained in FE3, AKA Book 2. FE11 restores all characters that were taken out of Book 1, and adds new characters in Sidequests.

FE12 adds in all the characters that weren't originally even in Book 2 such as Riff, Ceasar and Radd, among others, doesn't remove any more, and adds in characters from the BS Fire Emblems AND the characters from FE11's sidequests.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    FE3 is missing characters and chapters from the remake of FE1, AKA Book 1. They're also not in the original game contained in FE3, AKA Book 2. FE11 restores all characters that were taken out of Book 1, and adds new characters in Sidequests.

FE12 adds in all the characters that weren't originally even in Book 2 such as Riff, Ceasar and Radd, among others, doesn't remove any more, and adds in characters from the BS Fire Emblems AND the characters from FE11's sidequests.
    But all the characters from FE 1 and FE 3 (Book 1) would be in FE 11, and all of those characters from FE 3 (Book 2) are in FE 12? Did I get that right?

Cipher sent us to hell - but we're going even deeper - take back every Pokemon that we've lost!
    Wakin, I'm already a demon...
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

But all the characters from FE 1 and FE 3 (Book 1) would be in FE 11, and all of those characters from FE 3 (Book 2) are in FE 12? Did I get that right?
    Yes, you've got it right.

What is the difference between getting a character like Roy, for example, from a Spotpass and getting him from a talisman DLC chapter? If you achieve both, which Roy would you be keeping?

Cipher sent us to hell - but we're going even deeper - take back every Pokemon that we've lost!

What is the difference between getting a character like Roy, for example, from a Spotpass and getting him from a talisman DLC chapter? If you achieve both, which Roy would you be keeping?
    You keep both Roys. Paid DLC Roy gets a custom portrait. The main draw to the paid DLC are the maps, not the characters anyway.

And the endless grinding one can achieve on said maps.

You can grind endlessly in the main game without any DLC. Though, on Lunatic and Lunatic+ you pretty much need DLC to even attempt to grind, generally, in Lunatic the random encounters are significantly stronger than the current story chapter.

I know I've been asking quite a few questions, but I have one for New Mystery of the Emblem.

If you attempted to recruit a character that was a sidequest bonus like Etzel or Horace, do they mention anything about previous encounters? The reason I ask is because you normally have to get characters to die in order to access them in Shadow Dragon, but the characters from Shadow Dragon appear to be unharmed in the sequel.

Edit: It does mention on his profile of New Mystery (according to serenesforest) that he fought with Marth in War of Shadows. That's confusing, were people just wounded in Shadow Dragon, or did they get revived. Way too much thought.
    Last edited by Auraninja; 28th August 2012 at 1:21 PM.

I imagine the gaidens have been retconned in some way. The fan translation isn't done, but the only Gaiden character that I know who Marth doesn't recognize is Nagi.

Frey (The kinda canon sacrifice) survives as well.

They're going the Nasu route, ALL ends are canon.

Quote Originally Posted by lindsy95 View Post
    I imagine the gaidens have been retconned in some way. The fan translation isn't done, but the only Gaiden character that I know who Marth doesn't recognize is Nagi.

Frey (The kinda canon sacrifice) survives as well.
    Makes me want to do a "canonical" walkthrough were you sacrifice Frey, do all but the last Gaiden chapters, and get the better Falchion.

They're going the Nasu route, ALL ends are canon.
    If I may ask, what is a Nasu route?

I just explained it already. It means every possible thing you can do in the game is canon, even if it conflicts with another part of the canon, it's still canon.

I just explained it already. It means every possible thing you can do in the game is canon, even if it conflicts with another part of the canon, it's still canon.
    Sorry, I guess I just found the term baffling.

Would this "Nasu route" canon be like Pokemon where you basically do what you want, and the sequel follows unrelated to your personal choice?
    Or would it be more related to a hypothetical game that is like Star Fox Command, but instead of having radically different canons, you have similar canons with a "preferred choice"?
    Or would it be a mixture of both ideas?

I'm sure this sounds ridiculous to most of you, but I've never played a fire emblem game. Any ideas on a good place to start? (Earliest available system being the GameCube.)
    I have claimed Alduin, the mighty dragon! He shall one day return to bring forth the end of time, and fulfill the prophecy of the world eater.

Do you have a GBA/DSlite?
    Play FE7(no subtitle) and FE8(The sacred stones), the two GBA games.
    There is one on the gamecube, FE9Path of Radiance... Pretty much you can start with any of the english ones except for Radiant Dawn, which is a direct sequel and would be kinda odd for people who haven't played PoR.

Also: Awakening has a lot of features from FE8 (and FE2, but that isn't really relevant to those who play just the eng games).
    Fire emblem the sacred stones has split promotions, monsters, and a free roam world map. Which the only others that have that are FE2(only one class had split promotions in that one, though) and awakening.

Oh, and there is a speculated release date for FE13 EU, could be wrong. Something to discuss, anyway.
    http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=185024
    Last edited by lindsy95; 9th September 2012 at 1:09 PM.

Oh, and there is a speculated release date for FE13 EU, could be wrong. Something to discuss, anyway.
    http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=185024
    Well, at least it is something to discuss. It seems a little early for that kind of thing, but who knows? I sure would hope for this to be true.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

I guess they will have a good time window to release the spotpass and DLC.

Speaking of DLC, is there a chance of a third DLC set? When will they stop releasing DLC?

No clue on when DLC stops. But I really can't wait for the     Spoiler:- :
    :v

No clue on when DLC stops. But I really can't wait for the     Spoiler:- :
    :v
    I must ask, why?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I must ask, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    I must ask, why?
    Seriously? Give me a reason why not. :/

Seriously? Give me a reason why not. :/
    Isn't bad DLC something you don't want?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Whats wrong with it? I really need to know. Is the chapter design bad? too easy?
    I mean, it isn't even out but you beta testers know all. :v
    Last edited by lindsy95; 12th September 2012 at 1:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Isn't bad DLC something you don't want?
    It's just a title for the the DLC, "Bad Future"

-__-
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRecon View Post
    It's just a title for the the DLC, "Bad Future"

-__-
    Yeah, this seems to be where the confusion arises. lindsy doesn't refer exactly to DLC that is of poor quality, just that the DLC is that of the "Bad Future."
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Page 62 of 222 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast