Page 63 of 224 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 5585

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

Which is spoilery if you haven't looked up story details on this game :v

Guess that's where they got mixed up, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by lindsy95 View Post
    Which is spoilery if you haven't looked up story details on this game :v

Guess that's where they got mixed up, yes?
    Yeah, though I guess the title of the DLC doesn't help sort it out, either. On a related note, I'm impressed with how difficult this current DLC appears. I'm not surprised they'd have difficult DLC, but they do take an interesting spin on things.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

If I may ask some Radiant Dawn questions (spoiler covered):

Does Ike necessarily have to have 27 speed :
        Spoiler:- RD spoiler:

Does an A Support with Ike and Soren in Path of Radiance:

Speaking about transference, serenesforest has this type of wording:

Quote Originally Posted by serenesforest
    Transfer a Ike and Soren A Support from Path of Radiance (Note: this step can be done at any time, but to be safe, you should probably do it at the earliest opportunity).
    Ike and Soren have a A Support in this game.
    What do they mean about "done at any time". I thought you had to do it at the beginning of the game, or is it talking about a general file transference to the memory save?

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    If I may ask some Radiant Dawn questions (spoiler covered):

Does Ike necessarily have to have 27 speed :

Does an A Support with Ike and Soren in Path of Radiance:

Speaking about transference, serenesforest has this type of wording:

What do they mean about "done at any time". I thought you had to do it at the beginning of the game, or is it talking about a general file transference to the memory save?
    He doesn't have to beat the Burger King, in fact, beating him is a bad thing. He just has to fight him once.

And the Ike/Soren support really does unlock an extra scene, people on YT are just retarded. "At any time" means you don't have to have the PoR Ike/Soren A support in the support library when you start the file, but it's best to do it before you forget and get to the chapter where you require it.
    Last edited by Clamps; 12th September 2012 at 7:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    He doesn't have to beat the Burger King, in fact, beating him is a bad thing. He just has to fight him once.
    Oh sorry, I should have said "survive an attack". Would he need 27 speed (which would prevent a double strike, or so I've heard)?

And the Ike/Soren support really does unlock an extra scene, people on YT are just retarded. "At any time" means you don't have to have the PoR Ike/Soren A support in the support library when you start the file, but it's best to do it before you forget and get to the chapter where you require it.
    Would that be save file specific or just needed in the memory usage save?

As in, do you need it for that particular file, or just in the game itself?

Hoenn has disappointed.

Oh sorry, I should have said "survive an attack". Would he need 27 speed (which would prevent a double strike, or so I've heard)?

He will likely not survive. My Ike did not have enough Speed to avoid being doubled, so I had to Battle Save the turn before and reset until the spoiler missed. His hit rate was I think low 70s, Ike had I think an A or B support and was in brush, so I had all the help I could get by that point.

You need to transfer the GC file that has the IkexSoren A support, if that's what you mean.

You need to import a file where Ike and Soren had an A support. You don't have to use the file, you just have to have it imported.

You need to import a file where Ike and Soren had an A support. You don't have to use the file, you just have to have it imported.
    Yeah, that makes sense. It seems that since you can transport support conversations to Radiant Dawn, you can have the reference of the A Support conversation, which I assume makes the bonus scene make more sense. I mean, the support does seem to make the bonus scene make more sense.

I know I have been throwing questions left and right, but I have a quick one about Radiant Dawn.

Were the difficulty levels just renamed in Radiant Dawn, and Japanese Normal (English Easy) was given the tutorial, given that it is the lowest difficulty?

As in:

Japanese ---> English
    Normal ----> Easy
    Hard ---> Normal
    Maianc ---> Hard

Hoenn has disappointed.

Yeah, that makes sense. It seems that since you can transport support conversations to Radiant Dawn, you can have the reference of the A Support conversation, which I assume makes the bonus scene make more sense. I mean, the support does seem to make the bonus scene make more sense.

I know I have been throwing questions left and right, but I have a quick one about Radiant Dawn.

Were the difficulty levels just renamed in Radiant Dawn, and Japanese Normal (English Easy) was given the tutorial, given that it is the lowest difficulty?

As in:

Japanese ---> English
    Normal ----> Easy
    Hard ---> Normal
    Maianc ---> Hard
    Yeah, though the difficulty jump is noticeable enough to throw people off at first. I played normal my first run, not knowing it was hard in the japanese version.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

As in:

Japanese ---> English
    Normal ----> Easy
    Hard ---> Normal
    Maianc ---> Hard
    Adding to that, Radiant Dawn was already harder than Path of Radiance, what with each difficulty being slightly easier than the higher one from the previous game. So Japanese RD Normal was only slightly easier than Japanese PoR Hard, JP RD Hard was only slightly easier than JP RD Maniac, and JP RD Maniac is freaking insane. Changing the names of the difficulty levels only made the game seem that much harder in comparison to PoR, since US RD Normal was basically harder anything US PoR threw at you.

And many game reviewers jumped right into Normal mode because as we all know, easy mode is for pussies.
    Last edited by Clamps; 13th September 2012 at 9:18 AM.

Adding to that, Radiant Dawn was already harder than Path of Radiance, what with each difficulty being slightly easier than the higher one from the previous game. So Japanese RD Normal was only slightly easier than Japanese PoR Hard, JP RD Hard was only slightly easier than JP RD Maniac, and JP RD Maniac is freaking insane. Changing the names of the difficulty levels only made the game seem that much harder in comparison to PoR, since US RD Normal was basically harder anything US PoR threw at you.

And many game reviewers jumped right into Normal mode because as we all know, easy mode is for pussies.
    That would explain the color mismatch.

From what I'm getting, this would be the order of the English version of Tellius Fire Emblem games: (easier game < harder game)

PoR Easy (bleh!) < PoR Normal < RD Easy < PoR Hard < RD Normal < PoR Maniac (Jp Only: Reference) < RD Hard

With Path of Radiance, when you get those bands the second time that increase stats, can you "roll the dice" in your favor by equipping them when you use bonus experience?

Hoenn has disappointed.

That would explain the color mismatch.

From what I'm getting, this would be the order of the English version of Tellius Fire Emblem games: (easier game < harder game)

PoR Easy (bleh!) < PoR Normal < RD Easy < PoR Hard < RD Normal < PoR Maniac (Jp Only: Reference) < RD Hard

With Path of Radiance, when you get those bands the second time that increase stats, can you "roll the dice" in your favor by equipping them when you use bonus experience?
    It could also be partly to blame for the conflict with transferring PoR easy mode data to RD, though I'm not sure there. Not like you need to resort to that, though.

For the bands, I believe that you can do that to get the stats to go up in your favor that way, even without the bands. It can help a lot if you're trying to level up someone like Rolf or Mist to catch them up, though it works with anyone. I also find it rather useful to use on anyone who needs less than 10 exp to level up, so you can get a more favorable level up with the bands.

Yeah, I was trying to figure out who could actually utilize the Flame Lance and the Bolt Axe. Devdan is an okay candidate for the Flame Lance, but no one that starts with an axe seems to be able to utilize the Bolt Axe well. Jill starts with a 0 magic stat, but her magic growth rate is relatively good for a non-magic user, so if you were crazy enough to try it, you could use the Magic Band (in addition to bands for stat caps) during bonus experience distribution to raise Jill's magic enough to use the Flame Lance and Bolt Axe. That was the best I came up with, and I know it isn't a very good plan. Those two weapons are just better when the bosses use them than anything. The swords at least can be backed by Elincia or Mist if you raised their Sword weapon experience to an A.

I like how magic and strength are both able to be utilize by a lone character in Awakening, with classes like Strategist, Trickster, Battle Monk/Cleric, Demon Fighter, and Dark Pegasus, but I didn't like that magic was "depersonalized" and not set in a triangle. I also wish the Light Magic was in the game, but that isn't a terribly big deal.

I must ask, is the weapons triangle in the BS Fire Emblem games since (I believe) they were after FE4? I couldn't find the triangle formula's for 12 and 13. Does anybody know what they are?

Hoenn has disappointed.

Yeah, I was trying to figure out who could actually utilize the Flame Lance and the Bolt Axe. Devdan is an okay candidate for the Flame Lance, but no one that starts with an axe seems to be able to utilize the Bolt Axe well. Jill starts with a 0 magic stat, but her magic growth rate is relatively good for a non-magic user, so if you were crazy enough to try it, you could use the Magic Band (in addition to bands for stat caps) during bonus experience distribution to raise Jill's magic enough to use the Flame Lance and Bolt Axe. That was the best I came up with, and I know it isn't a very good plan. Those two weapons are just better when the bosses use them than anything. The swords at least can be backed by Elincia or Mist if you raised their Sword weapon experience to an A.

I like how magic and strength are both able to be utilize by a lone character in Awakening, with classes like Strategist, Trickster, Battle Monk/Cleric, Demon Fighter, and Dark Pegasus, but I didn't like that magic was "depersonalized" and not set in a triangle. I also wish the Light Magic was in the game, but that isn't a terribly big deal.

I must ask, is the weapons triangle in the BS Fire Emblem games since (I believe) they were after FE4? I couldn't find the triangle formula's for 12 and 13. Does anybody know what they are?
    Devdan's not a bad choice for the Flame Lance, though his others stat are lacking. I managed to cap Marcia's Mag, though that came with a lot of RNG abuse. She's still solid there, with a 20% growth, but as far as growths are concerned, Devdan is better there. As for the Axe, Jill is probably the best you'd get without RNG abuse, reaching 10 Mag on average at max level(according to Serenes). Oscar reaches about the same, should you give him axes, and Astrid would reach 11. It's a rather poor choice in general, if you ask me.

According to Serenes, the BS Fire Emblem appears to run on the same engine as Mystery of the Emblem, so I'd assume weapon triangles were also not present. I'm not entirely sure though. As for the calculations for FE12, you can find it here. Just scroll down a bit for the triangle bonuses. I don't know where you could find the ones for 13, though.

For Devdan, just be sure to cap his strength. If you wanted to partake in the triangle attack, Oscar is better suited to have bows. The thing is, transference to Radiant Dawn would mean that Oscar and Astrid would lose there weapon level and have "wasted" weapon experience. At least Jill would keep for Axe experience, but boy, her magic sucks in Radiant Dawn. I don't think the weapons exist beyond Path of Radiance though.

Edit: *Path of Radiance spoiler*

BTW, about Jill's defection in Chapter 20, does a B support with Lethe really prevents her from defecting?
    Last edited by Auraninja; 15th September 2012 at 4:05 AM.

Hoenn has disappointed.

For Devdan, just be sure to cap his strength. If you wanted to partake in the triangle attack, Oscar is better suited to have bows. The thing is, transference to Radiant Dawn would mean that Oscar and Astrid would lose there weapon level and have "wasted" weapon experience. At least Jill would keep for Axe experience, but boy, her magic sucks in Radiant Dawn. I don't think the weapons exist beyond Path of Radiance though.

Edit: *Path of Radiance spoiler*

BTW, about Jill's defection in Chapter 20, does a B support with Lethe really prevents her from defecting?
    Well, yeah, the weapons don't exist there, but if I recall correctly, those wind swords and such weapons are based off the character's strength there.

As for your question...
    The B support with Lethe should prevent her defection, though I've never tried it myself. Again, I'm relying on what is said on Serenes, so it should be reliable enough.

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Well, yeah, the weapons don't exist there, but if I recall correctly, those wind swords and such weapons are based off the character's strength there.

As for your question...
    The B support with Lethe should prevent her defection, though I've never tried it myself. Again, I'm relying on what is said on Serenes, so it should be reliable enough.
    I have found conflicting information from Serenes and the forums of Serenes.

In any case, I thought about who I might get to 20/20 in Path of Radiance.

I will definitely get Ike there. Soren and Rhys would be great candidates. Oscar, Boyd, and Volke would be definite possibilities. I was thinking about experimenting with Jill and Mist.

I assume you don't have to 20/20 for weapon ranks or A support transfers.

Hoenn has disappointed.

I assume you don't have to 20/20 for weapon ranks or A support transfers.
    Nope. I'd suggest Ilyana for 20/20, not just because she's my favorite character, but because since she's usable in the Dawn Brigade chapters, she can help out more there.

Also Sothe if you're playing just for carryover data.

Nope. I'd suggest Ilyana for 20/20, not just because she's my favorite character, but because since she's usable in the Dawn Brigade chapters, she can help out more there.

Also Sothe if you're playing just for carryover data.
    Ilyana would not be impossible for me, but I am not completely sure what to do concerning her. I already have Rhys, Mist, Ike, Soren, Boyd, and Oscar promoted (I'm beginning Chapter 19), and, obviously, I will be able to promote Volke (which I do have at level 20 now).

With Sothe, I was thinking of another playthrough somewhere along the future in which I will also raise either (or both) Tourmod and Astrid for the support conversations. It would be interesting to do that kind of play. Of course, without promoting, Sothe will be a standby character in most non treasure chapters.
    With Jill, I wanted to experiment with her to see if I can get a good axe level (and maybe have some fun with the Thunder magic axe since I her magic stat is pretty fair). I have her nearly promoted.

Hoenn has disappointed.

Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

4 million dollars is nothing to squeal at , pretty hefty intake indeed.

Mhm.

The game itself made 30 mil, so they're doing good.

Ugh. Poor me is so inactive. Hmm....

Lucius with Luce. Thats all i can say.

Shadow Stars League Normal Gym Leader
    Starstrike Badge Credit to FairyWitch to this great badge!

I'm on Chapter 25 (Normal) on Path of Radiance, and so far, Ike is level 15 promoted, while my other units are from 10-13 promoted. Do I have a pretty good leeway as far as raising 6 to 7 characters to level 20/20 if they are in that range?

It seems that some chapters (i.e. Chapter 20 and Chapter 24) do not give you a good amount of experience, while more in-depth levels like castles do. I hope that Chapter 25 to the final will give me good experience.

Hoenn has disappointed.

I'm on Chapter 25 (Normal) on Path of Radiance, and so far, Ike is level 15 promoted, while my other units are from 10-13 promoted. Do I have a pretty good leeway as far as raising 6 to 7 characters to level 20/20 if they are in that range?

It seems that some chapters (i.e. Chapter 20 and Chapter 24) do not give you a good amount of experience, while more in-depth levels like castles do. I hope that Chapter 25 to the final will give me good experience.
    The end was kind of a squeeze for exp in some chapters, though there is plenty from there on to get the group you're training to level 20/20. Ike typically does level up faster, since he can fight more safely, so I'd say you're in good shape there with 6 to 7 characters plus Ike. If you have bonus exp saved up, keep doing so until the last chapter, and dump it all then, in case you need to boost someone quickly.

Page 63 of 224 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast