Page 66 of 219 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 5459

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

I'm talking about the official art for the characters. They just don't look very good compared to the rest of the Fire Emblem games.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

So, the official art as in these: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/fe/kakusei...ive/index.html (Not the thumbnails, those are ingame mugs)
    Correct?

Really, it's all official.
    Not to mention FE has has a different art style for every universe. It's the design direction that doesn't look like FE. FE generally doesn't show much skin besides the legs on SMs, Sages, and Dancers. Past characters have been dressed more simply.Though, I have no idea what 'good' means. You're being vague You know, I can kinda compare this to the fourth generation of pokemon: more complexity/weirdness than previously.

Either way, looking at the FE6 art, it could've been worse.
    At least it got the anatomy fairly well in Awakening. haha. Unlike Shadow dragon. I think this is the reason they got a new artist for New Mystery. Garnef has a thumb in his pointer finger, and the book is glued to his thumbless left hand. (Granted, his thumb is under his sleeve, but there is no way he can hold a book with four fingers all on the cover at that angle.) And Ogma. His shoulders. His Shouderrrssssss ;_;
    Anything below FE5 is crap.

TL;DR: I'm tired of people complaining when past FEs have had *****y art to begin with.

On a random note, I just realized Virions hair color is close to Valters o.0
    Last edited by lindsy95; 25th November 2012 at 1:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    I'm talking about the official art for the characters. They just don't look very good compared to the rest of the Fire Emblem games.
    You've clearly never seen the official art for the games before the GBA games, then. Go look at Asvel's or Eyvel's offical art, they're 2/3rds torso. And then there's EVERYONE from FE1's official art...

At least the guy doing the art for the non-DLC characters and Katarina has a decent grasp of anatomy.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    You've clearly never seen the official art for the games before the GBA games, then. Go look at Asvel's or Eyvel's offical art, they're 2/3rds torso. And then there's EVERYONE from FE1's official art...

At least the guy doing the art for the non-DLC characters and Katarina has a decent grasp of anatomy.
    I was referring to the GBA games and beyond, specifically FE6-10. I should have been more clear. In general, the character artwork looks better in those games than in Awakening. IMO, of course.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

Since the sacred stones was part of the ambassador program on the 3ds, i'm currently playing it.
    at first it was a bit confusing, since i have never played a game in the series but i'm starting to get the hang of it. this seems like it's going a fun game
    Last edited by Exeggudork; 29th November 2012 at 6:19 AM.
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by Exeggudork View Post
    Since the sacred stones was part of the ambassador program on the 3ds, i'm currently playing it.
    at first it was a bit confusing, since i have never played a game in the series but i'm starting to get the hang of it. this seems like it's going a fun game
    FE8 was my first FE, too

Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    I was referring to the GBA games and beyond, specifically FE6-10. I should have been more clear. In general, the character artwork looks better in those games than in Awakening. IMO, of course.
    The FE6 art is ugly. Especally compared to the FE7 art. I'll give the artist credit, he improved between the two games. Then he screwed up his DLC character lol

OMG FE6 Marcus is BA, but he doesn't really look so manry in his portrait....

EDIT: Nintendo direct tomorrow, guys
    Last edited by lindsy95; 4th December 2012 at 8:46 PM.

Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    Bad news, we're getting it April. Damn you Europeans and your extra languages that need translating. Ah well, between Pokemon White 2 and Minecraft I'll survive.
    Last edited by Aurath8; 6th December 2012 at 5:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    Bad news, we're getting it April. Damn you Europeans and you're extra languages that need translating. Ah well, between Pokemon White 2 and Minecraft I'll survive.
    Europe's getting it later than us? Well, I didn't expect that, to say the least, though there wasn't much reason for me to think either way. Good to finally know when we're getting it though, and early at that.
    Nintendo Network Suggestions //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo // RU RMT

Man, that sucks for Europe...

Very happy to be getting this game so soon
    I'm glad the VA'ing is good.

'Stabulous'? Come on, Virion...

Quote Originally Posted by lindsy95 View Post
    Man, that sucks for Europe...

Very happy to be getting this game so soon
    I'm glad the VA'ing is good.
    I haven't heard much of the VA'ing in this game, though the small amount I have heard is great.

'Stabulous'? Come on, Virion...
    Get it? Because it's a pun? ...Ha ha....ok, I'll shut up...
    Nintendo Network Suggestions //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo // RU RMT

I think I'm going to like the localization, or maybe I just like it so much because fan translators generally don't spruce up the writing. (Not saying they're bad, just that they're generally faithful)

It's pretty funny, though, I recognize the supports they've shown so far form Serenes XD
    I wonder if Avatar sees Chrom naked in the english version?

I think I'm going to like the localization, or maybe I just like it so much because fan translators generally don't spruce up the writing. (Not saying they're bad, just that they're generally faithful)
    Yeah, I feel exactly the same when it comes to translations.

It's pretty funny, though, I recognize the supports they've shown so far form Serenes XD
    I wonder if Avatar sees Chrom naked in the english version?
    I've not seen much besides a few early supports as I still don't want to spoil everything in supports. They seem fantastic, which is great after having to deal with the "interesting" RD supports.

Whoops, sorry. I don't think I'll say much more, but it is pretty cool to see the fan-translation line up, and then everything clicks in your head when you recognize it, hehe.

Whoops, sorry. I don't think I'll say much more, but it is pretty cool to see the fan-translation line up, and then everything clicks in your head when you recognize it, hehe.
    Oh, no, that's fine. It's not like I haven't spoiled a few things for myself here and there. It's tempting when we've had such a long wait. Though it probably must be fantastic to recognize supports off of fan translations. Speaking of translations, I do see that we still get plenty of uncommon names here, which isn't a bad sight at all, for the most part.

The fan translations of Awakening's supports on Serenes' forums are utter garbage.

The vast majority of them are being translated from a Chinese fansite that is already known for taking things far too literally. It's going through two different translators, and the result is being pumped out by someone who hasn't even read the original source material.
    Last edited by Clamps; 7th December 2012 at 3:29 AM.

Well, judging by what I've seen the ones in the Nintendo direct match up. So they're at least accurate, albeit not well written. As long as the info is there with decent legibility I don't really care.

I won't deny reading the localized versions will be much more fun.

once PegasusKnight got the japanese transcripts up most of the japanese members went to that. And ShadowOfChaos records and subs the conversations himself. Which is really cool.

EDIT:
    Fireemblemawakening.com is now live.
    Iris is now Ylisse (which is arguably more accurate than Iris, lol.)
    Last edited by lindsy95; 14th December 2012 at 9:08 PM.

Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Don't forget about nintendo showcasing characters on their 3DS facebook.

They've done Chrom, Lissa, and Frederic. I hope they do some 'new' characters soon. Or a villain.

I wanna see what Sol has been localized toooo.
    (I say Sol because he will probably be one of the first 'new' characters.)

i see that Gamestop has a pre-order bonus for awakening already. An artbook's cool, but I kind of wanted a free DLC or something. Oh well I guess. This game's gonna be amazing.

Thanks to Astral Shadow for the button!

I think free DLC is still a possibility, just not as a pre-order bonus. Like how japan did it. (and the international release of BW2 with Genesect)

If you buy the game before a certain date you got the Marth DLC free. Though, with how much DLC this game has, that isn't much...

I've got Shadow Dragon and Sacred Stones and the original Fire Emblem. Shadow Dragon upsets me though because for once, I haven't liked the way the character graphics were.

Quote Originally Posted by NightRemix View Post
    I've got Shadow Dragon and Sacred Stones and the original Fire Emblem. Shadow Dragon upsets me though because for once, I haven't liked the way the character graphics were.
    By 'original FE' do you mean FE7?

By 'original FE' do you mean FE7?
    Well, he obviously didn't mean Shadow Dragon since he already mentioned it (and disliked the graphics, so I highly doubt he would have played any of the pre-Sword of Flame games).

That's why I asked x3

Page 66 of 219 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast